Wew lad is it that bad

wew lad is it that bad

Attached: Game_of_Thrones_vs_Dexter.png (1095x422, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cIz1YGeJPdo
youtube.com/watch?v=2AU2w55FmiI
imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes?season=8&ref_=tt_eps_sn_8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More like a bunch of toxic fucking nerds with no life.
The ending was fine, a little rushed, but it hit all the right beats.

No it's not. GoT just had bigger hype and fans so many are butthurt

yeah it was garbage

Attached: 1494972509917.jpg (444x460, 112K)

It's fucking worse than that. You shills are terrible.

Yeah it's fucking stupid. Those numpties above me are in a river in Egypt.

For once I agree with the SJWs and twitter blue checkmarks. this shit was trash.

It was as bad. 6/10 for me. People are babies. They either love it or hate it. They give either 10s or 1s

Can anyone give a non-SJW why it's stupid?

Attached: file.png (1562x926, 111K)

both are terrible but Dexter was just insanely shit

>CHARACTER ME LIKE DIE
>WRITING BAD
>WHY NO HAPPY ENDING FOR DEPRESSING FANTASY SHOW :((((
Subhuman fotm watchers got eternally blown the fuck out. Pick up a fucking book

Attached: grug.jpg (259x194, 15K)

Attached: 1558317994577.png (1106x396, 95K)

Attached: 1558318026805.png (1104x1432, 1.04M)

Attached: 1558318515329.png (1118x462, 110K)

Attached: 1558318966762.png (1088x456, 104K)

Things that were set up throughout the whole story did not live up to their potential or the standard the show set for "subversion of expectations" that was actually enjoyable.

Gay

Attached: 1558319259509.png (1114x398, 94K)

What the fuck is it with metacritic. A 4.2/10 is "mixed"?

Attached: file.png (1832x922, 476K)

Is GoTs the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure of normie tv shows?
>WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN
>you know there are books right?
>WORDS MAKE HEAD HURT SHOW ME PICTURES NOW
>WTF WHY WAS THIS ENDING RUSHED
The writers had to scramble to make an ending for a book series with a lazy author who's going to die before he's done with page 4

Jon kills the mad Queen so her dragon melts the Iron Throne so nobody can sit on it, her insanely loyal followers then decide to keep Jon prisoner instead of killing him like they just spent days doing with all the surrendered Lannister troops. They then call a meeting of all the Lords and ladies they were intending to conquer and ask them what they think should be done with Jon, and they decide that the cripple should be the new King, and he sends Jon to the wall. Dany's troops are all like "cool, cool" and go home and everyone lives happily ever after.

It was like a crackfic.

This episode only teached us the real essence of GoT
This scene

youtu.be/cIz1YGeJPdo
The Red Wedding is a Child game compared to this masterpiece

>49%
>averate rating: 6.48/19
>Fresh: 58
>Rotten: 60
What the fuck does any of this mean

I found the ending very poetic, Jon killing Dany was rather poignant and Drogon melting the iron throne was a nice capstone to the series. The vision about the snow falling on the throne was a cool swerve given that it was just about the palace roof being destroyed rather than the Night King coming to King’s Landing. I found the scenes in the beginning walking through the carnage / Tyrion finding his sibling buried under rubble to be very powerful. Dany was convincingly made out to be a terrifying tyrant and they did good job of tying that into her journey throughout the series. Dinklage did some series-best work in this episode and I found his conversation with Jon about love being the death of duty to be Emmy-worthy; I’ll be very surprised if he wasn’t nominated. The cinematography was great, from the wide panning shots of the carnage to the close-ups of the actors faces to the shots of the dragon - that one with the wings transposed behind Dany was Kino. The death scene was pretty much perfect imo from Dany’s brightly impassioned fanaticism to Jon’s heartbroken realization of what he must do to the queenslaying mid-kiss - I just found it to be very well executed
The aftermath was interesting, Bran as King is sort of out of left field but the more I think about it the more I like it. For one, he’s the eldest male of noble lineage and he’s related to three of the great houses - Arryn, Tully, and Stark - so it made sense on that level he’d be selected

Attached: D8E4B20D-0D91-44B6-98EE-1E805B516E00.jpg (1020x574, 76K)

>tfw book reading nerds won

Attached: 1320885059995.png (512x384, 351K)

based Dark Souls hammer

But beyond that, the fact that they chose him specifically bc he couldn’t bear children and they intended to end Westeros’s tradition of primogeniture was nice and made the series feel like it lead to something meaningful. Plus it introduces the ambiguous element of how much he influenced events for this to happen - he wasn’t exactly hands off, as we saw w/ Littlefinger and Jon’s lineage, so in a very real sense he manipulated his way into being King. But he’s a King without vice or greed or personal attachments, a consummate rationalist verging almost on AI given his waning humanity - it’s a cool development. Jon returning to beyond the wall, the only place he ever really felt he belonged, was fitting and his reunion with Tormund and Ghost was heartwarming. It’s also cool how his exile to the north echoes the blind Maester at the wall who was hinted to be a Targaryen who hid his bloodline to avoid provoking bloody conflict - now Jon is following that same path. Arya going off to explore uncharted territories is a nice callback to her characterization in earlier seasons and Sansa securing her influence in a seat of power is well-deserved. Tyrion seems like he got off sort of easy, as did Grey Worm, but it was believable in that the surviving characters had had their fill of conflict and all had solidarity with one another from their shared fight against the white walkers. All in all, I found it to be easily the best episode of the year, probably of the last two or three, and I’m pretty satisfied with how things ended even if they had to cut corners and contrive circumstances to get there

Attached: FAD08044-A6AD-454D-9874-87E7CD4284A8.jpg (700x380, 92K)

This means we liked the finale, right?

49% of critics said it was good
The average rating from all critics was 6.48 out of 10
58 critics said it was good
60 critics said it was bad

but HBO was literally gonna give them all resources even more seasons but D&D said no

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-193955__01.jpg (1080x1614, 419K)

>has .48 above a passing mark
>most didn't like it
Maybe it's cause I wrote an exam earlier and I'm pushing 24 hours no sleep but I don't fucking get it. Most must have given it then a 5-5.9/10, with some giving it higher to push it over the edge

Why carry on if your adaptation doesn't adapt to anything ?

Attached: 72a885142a7774ee2ea1f54ea96584d9.jpg (236x236, 11K)

no, its good

under no scenario is it a 1/10 like all the morons are voting it

get a fucking grip

I don't think you can see the actual ratings but if the people who said it was good gave it 9s and 10s and the majority who said it was bad gave it 2s-5s then it would still average around 6.5.

No it's yellow

Why did they use that joke hammer?

So as an outsider, let me see if I understand
>tv show about warring medevil kingdoms and the politics that go along with that
>evil zombie king and his army of undead that's going to wipe out all life
A completely original fantasy plot point by the way
>all the kingdoms unite to defeat this zombie army
>zombie army is defeated
>assholes leaders of the kingdoms go back to being assholes and start fighting each other again over petty shit
Why is t his bad again aside from the shitty out of character moments and all the "lore" elements they apparently ignored?

Wow the series called "Game of Thrones" ended with a bunch of kingdoms fighting over control of a throne. Did people actually expect a happy ending where the world just magically fixes itself?

Attached: 1406261257747.png (256x302, 158K)

>caveman
>has a steel nail in his club
D&D CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!

Attached: pepe_enough_it_ends_now-hd.jpg (1719x1719, 69K)

That's not what happened, go watch it for yourself

It was way too rushed and some of the dialog was cringe
It wrapped things up fine though
Maybe it’s because I’m a bookfag and I can see many aspects of this conclusion being great in the books
Most of the people complaining loved the previous 3 seasons so they can go fuck themselves, they deserve to get a shit ending for having such shit taste and enjoying a story that has had way more retarded turns than the ending we got

>le vingt bons hommes
>the entire Dorne subplot in the show
>turning euron into le ebin finger in le bum man
>Stannis character assassination
>rape make Sansa “smart”
>Cersei being crowned queen after blowing up innocent people including her own uncle and the popular actual queen with nearly everyone still supporting Cersei afterwards
>Arya swimming through an open sewer and surviving even though she had been stabbed multiple times
>all the times euron teleports somewhere to remove characters from the plot
>Jaime not turning against Cersei after she murders their uncle and causes the death of their son
>the a team going north of the wall to wrangle a zombie including fucking gendry
>Daenerys flying all that way to save them from zombie island so quickly
All these events are more stupid than anything in the finale but retards eat them up
I’m probably forgetting a load of them too
Thank fuck for the evil Daenerys arc, the first not terrible idea in the show for years (although they still fucked the execution a bit)
It’s probably the only decent idea for so long because it was Martin’s not dnd’s
The final season was still the worst but having martin’s planned ending makes it slightly more tolerable

Attached: 24535073-83BF-45D8-BE4B-AE3A15E5BAAD.jpg (1597x1600, 733K)

>toxic

Attached: soi.png (800x750, 157K)

Episode was easily the best of the whole season. Which doesn't mean all that much. Could've been way worse though.

It was fine. The problem was everything before it.

youtube.com/watch?v=2AU2w55FmiI

>the a team going north of the wall to wrangle a zombie including fucking gendry
this was the episode where the show died for me
(I know I should have cared earlier, but honestly I turned my brain off for any Dorne scenes and assumed that maybe the book readers were getting more out of it than I was.)

the plot armor was a mile thick
deus ex machina with Benjen and dragon, nothing feels like it matters because there's always something that swoops in that invalidates the last ~3 mins
shit's so poorly paced that the big developments don't have time to sink in, and the entire thing just shits itself like a fifth grade book report

>The ending was fine, a little rushed, but it hit all the right beats.
Everything at the castle was serviceable enough. but if you think the last few scenes were in any way good I question your taste. Legitimately.

I think it actually mattered in strenghtening Jon's motivation to kill Dany. As goblin pointed out, as long as he has claim to a throne, he's as much a threat to her as rest of the world she sees as such.

The north of the wall a-team episode felt like fan fiction I’d have written if I had read the books when I was 9
Characters like fucking gendry who makes no sense to be there are there, the king of the entire north is there instead of just sending the disposable characters who are only important in the zombie plot
Although if I was 8 when I wrote it I’d have contrived a reason for bronn to be there too, at least they resisted doing that

>I turned my brain off for any Dorne scenes and assumed that maybe the book readers were getting more out of it than I was
Lmao if you thought those scenes are bad for non book readers then it’s truly another level of pain for bookfags
I remember being excited for season 5 to see Tyrion sailing down the rhoyne and I was so disappointed it got cut along with faegon
But I assumed at the time that it wouldn’t affect the story as a whole (turns out I was wrong but oh well), it would just simplify things and make them easier to adapt
The Dorne plot killed my goodwill to the show as a bookfag, the dorne plot in the books gets a lot of crap thrown it’s way but I find it enjoyable
What they made instead was a complete abortion
The main character of the dorne plot in the books is not in the show
Ellaria sand is now a complete retard who wants to avenge oberyn by doing things he’d died to oppose
Jaime and Bronn on le ebin best friends secret mission to save the princess is so fan fiction-y
And of course ‘bad pussy’
They also completely wasted Alexander siddig in favour of several mediocre actresses
The bad-ass action girl aspect to the dorne stuff is also so stupid, the true start of the show’s yass kween stuff

That's not comparable to Jojo at all just because those are the only two shows you know of, you normalfag fuck. The Jojo anime is an example of what a every adaptation should be like and even if there are retards who don't want to read the source material it doesn't make the adaptation bad.

The first half was forgivable but rushed, the last half was truly awful
>small council r3ddit quipfest
>terribly written dragon pit meeting to determine new king
>plot holes ie the North is free and greyworm is gone, why must jon take the black? Why are the nights watch still there, why is sam grandmaester
Also the dragon fire cgi gave me hobbit 3 flashbacks

tomato score isn't based on the numerical rating the reviewer gave it, it's just based on whether they liked or disliked it(fresh or rotten).

He’s done with the books already. He’s releasing them shortly after the finale aired.

>an example of what a every adaptation should be like
>calling others normalfag
oh no no no no

>le enlightened centrist
lmao fuck off. giving 1 or 10 is the only legitimate way to criticize something. either you like it or you don't.

ITS TRASH, and no, bookfags, if this is what GRRM doing then he is senile hack, because it was absolutely utter piece of garbage, creatively bankrupt, bland and boring.

People like you are why movies and shows predominantly fucking suck now.
>just turn off your brain bro and enjoy it!!
Fuck off you faggot.

>People like you are why movies and shows predominantly fucking suck now.
Pretty much this. There are objective standards in storytelling.

It's down to 4.4 now
imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes?season=8&ref_=tt_eps_sn_8

Attached: cry moar kit.jpg (1318x834, 283K)

>calling people toxic
Leave.

it was very bad. not as bad as the two preceding episodes but still like 5 or 6/10 at best. Yea Forums is contrarian about it nnow because of le reddit twitter tumblr liberals hating it

When the "right" down votes something it's considered trolling and the sites work to remove the negative votes. When the "left" does the same thing it's considered ok by the media and society. Why is that?

Media is owned by Jewish communists who are using it as their propaganda. If you don't like the demoralization propaganda, you're "right wing."

Attached: hey hey.jpg (776x845, 183K)

If you could tell some things were downvoted by the right somehow then you admit it was politically motivated, which is trolling, and not about the actual quality.

>getting defensive about what a disappointing shitshow it turned into
Both he and Sophie Turner have responded with hostility as though not liking it is condemning everyone involved and not just D&D and to a lesser extent their writing team. It's them they should be blaming.

>what do quotation marks mean
>what is trolling
Leave.

I'm sure it feels bad to see the project you worked on for almost a decade get savaged, but it rarely is directed at the actors or the crew who did the effects. It was clearly the script and writing that let this season down.

Why didn't HBO just shitcan D&D if they were going to stand in the way of their biggest cash cow? All evidence points to the fact that they were giant hacks that lied about their experience in putting a show together, the pilot was a huge disaster that needed to be almost completely redone because of their lack of experience, and basically everything good about the show can be credited towards other people on the creative team in spite of them.

if you're retarded enough to think that people are downvoting it because of their politics you should kys

When Jaime and Cersei dying have less emotional impact than Hodor’s death you know you wrote a shit fucking season.

I said "if". If you couldn't tell it was done by the right, why are you bothered?

Do zoomers really pay attention to random website scores?

Watch the show and you'll realize why its so disliked. The execution was terrible.

>tomato score isn't based on the numerical rating the reviewer gave it, it's just based on whether they liked or disliked it(fresh or rotten).
Then why is it 6.48/10 and not 4.9/10?

I just cannot believe a onions boy of this magnitude exists, this has to be a troll

It was good, though.

Pic related is a tiny example or a larger issue. They just don't care about logic anymore.

Attached: greywormteleport.jpg (3264x1984, 685K)

>teached

Critics give a score out of 10. The average of this score for all critics was 6.48/10. In addition to that, the critics also give it an overall pass/fail (fresh/rotten) appraisal. 49% of critics gave it a "fresh" rating. The "tomatometer" is based on the fresh/rotten ratings, hence 49%.

Good end but rushed. Now they can hurry off to Star Wars

>Jessie Owens sprints ahead of Whyte Boi
DAS RITE

base dkit

>nothing personnel
should have used "pathetic" instead

Attached: 1536120018499.jpg (1500x1000, 376K)

Why do you hate yourself this much user? Bc it’s clear you do.

Those are called fans, you normie fuck

Honestly, if you compare it to Dexter finale, Dexter's wasn't even that bad. In GoT, the logic was simply thrown out of the window, character's action didn't make an ounce of sense. In Dexter, Deb dies, Dexter stabs her killer with a pencil and, completely destroyed by her death, swims to the storm with her body. Doesn't sound too bad, compared with a travesty that season was.

THAT was the name of the episode? kek

>WHY NO HAPPY ENDING
what are you talking about? the ending was gay fan service fairy tale shit

It's not THAT bad, but it's not good either. Once again it suffers the mentality that viewers are all voting it either a 10/10 or a 1/10, when in reality it's more like a 5 or 6/10 finale. It's really not very good at all though. People have a right to be angry, but the finale is not why everything is so bad, it's the entire show after season 4.

I can't believe there are casuals who watch this and are JUST NOW realizing that the show is not good. The moment that this show went down the drain was when Barristan was killed for practically zero reason in season 5.

Could you imagine if Barristan lived to see Dany become the mad queen? Imagine how good that could have been... Then again, in order to make her into a true mad queen, you need a lot more scenes to properly develop her transition into an unstable person, or make the scene where she snaps have some actual reason for snapping.

What if I thought it was an 8/10 but I didn't like it? As in I found it very entertaining to watch and I really enjoyed it, but I was also very disappointed by what it lacked?

Tell me why didn't Jon become the new Khal of the Dothraki after he killed Dany? It would've been cool and funny at the same time seeing the Dothraki pledge their loyalty to Jon without him even knowing what he did.

It was a huge missed opportunity.

I bet that whole conversation was meant to be a subtle dig a Littlefinger, but came across as fucking stupid. Because it was. Kek.

Better ending
>Littlefinger doesn't get executed
>Everything else happens the same but written better and way more coherently
>Three eyed raven is actually evil, Night king is actually trying to stop him
>Night king gets killed in another way
>Jaime kills Cersei and is then killed by Eurion who is then killed by whatever the fuck
>Jon continues being a bitchboy and bends the knee to the dragon thot
>Littlefinger kills Dany in throne room when Jon leaves
>Then shows the Dothraki her head thus making him their leader
>Has Dothraki kill the unprepared unsullied and kills the sleeping dragon
>Forces the seven kingdoms to bend the knee