/poltv/ will attack Arya killing the NK but will defend this

>/poltv/ will attack Arya killing the NK but will defend this

Attached: fdsh8vvcze311.jpg (798x339, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5BB9aSB9Jc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This one actually makes sense.

“I am no man” is Kino

>Gandalf shits himself when facing him
>the dude blows his staff too with ease
>oh well better fly away instead of killing this guy and let myself be killed by a woman!
Whoa, so great! Such emotions!

Literally nothing wrong with this, not contrived at all. The WK was arrogant and the ‘no man’ thing was just shit-talk. Anyone could have killed him. Eowyn killing him proved that women should be able to fight (and possibly die) for their people just as much as men. If you disagree, you’re a misogynist. Obviously total battlefield equality would endanger a nation’s chances of recovering war losses, but that’s hardly an issue when it’s just one woman fighting.

First of all - she would've died if it wasn't for Merry
Second of all - it showed an overconfident, but powerful man getting defeated by weaker creatures - a woman and a hobbit with a clever comeback "I am no man"
Lastly - there was no foreshadowing that someone else will fight the Witch King while in GoT it was heavily implied that Jon Snow will be the one carrying the battle against the White Walkers (with him being brought to life and all)

It's Shakespearean
>No man of woman born can kill me
>c-section baby kills him
>No man can kill me
>woman kills him

>gets help from a midget
>I am no man!
>comatose and out of commission after a single strike for the rest of the war
>her no doubt heroic deed doesn't win the war but merely postpones the inevitable defeat
vs
>unsheathes valyrian steel dagger
>teleports behind u
>heh, nothing personnel, night king
>success!
kill yourself, op

What a fookin bullshit scene, jesus christ...

That's why that scene was removed from the theatrical version.

LOTR:
>trying to defend uncle
>looks utterly terrified
>gets the crap beaten out of her
>Merry stabs the witch king in the back
>She kills the witch king
>battle still goes her victory meant little in the grand scheme

GOT:
>Arya literally teleports out of thin air
>Kills Knight King with one stroke
>Defeats entire army single handed.

yeah they’re totallly the same bro.

>One of the most kino one lines in all of cinematography, delivered while the prophecy 'No man can kill me' is fulfilled both by a female and a hobbit, both of which qualify as 'no man'.
>Goblin assassin jumps over an army of the dead and nothing personals the big scary Iceman

Attached: 1558331931706.gif (500x209, 1.94M)

>“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
>A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
>A sword rang as it was drawn. "Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
>"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
>Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel. "But no living man am I!”

>people defending garbage writing when in the books it was the magic sword the hobbit had that broke the "no man" protection

That's not what happened. Re-watch it, dip-ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5BB9aSB9Jc

>That's not what happened. Re-watch it, dip-ass.

Dumbass

Right. About 3 thousand fucking horse-riders showed up and were about to take out his whole army.
Also, this shouldn't have been in the movie cause it's not in the books either. It's a mistake. But you can't possibly compare it to the shit-show that's GoT Season 8.

Attached: 1557784240480.png (801x652, 832K)

or he could have just finished swinging the sword and then fly away

>Extended edition scene they removed from the theatrical version
Staff shattering is bullshit they made up for tension, in the books the witch king speaks and commands the gates to fall, before Gandalf speaks to him and the Rohirrim horns draw the witch king away from Minis Tirith. The witch king is very confident he would prevail in a fight however.
>Then the Black Captain rose in his stirrups and cried aloud in a dreadful voice, speaking in some forgotten tongue words of power and terror to rend both heart and stone.
>Thrice he cried. Thrice the great ram boomed. And suddenly upon the last stroke the Gate of Gondor broke. As if stricken by some blasting spell it burst asunder: there was a flash of searing lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground.
>You cannot enter here,' said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. 'Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!'
>'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade
>And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
>But it was no orc-chieftain or brigand that led the assault upon Gondor. The darkness was breaking too soon, before the date that his Master had set for it: fortune had betrayed him for the moment, and the world had turned against him; victory was slipping from his grasp even as he stretched out his hand to seize it. But his arm was long. He was still in command, wielding great powers. King, Ringwraith, Lord of the Nazgûl, he had many weapons. He left the Gate and vanished.

Attached: 1558323627926.jpg (2879x1993, 1.29M)

>dip-ass
Agree, but reddit insult

I already told you that's a mistake, but you cannot compare it to the shit-show that's GoT Season 8. Do you not understand English, or are you just retarded? Whatever, don't answer. I'm going to bed.

Attached: 1557411949027.png (442x505, 373K)

no this is just as bad if not worse

It literally was a stomp in the Witch King's favor until the hobbit shanked him with an elven blade from behind.

nobody gives a fuck

Attached: 1557411400177.gif (245x245, 968K)

Nah, it's just Tolkien pulling a take that to Shakespeare for cheating with Macbeth and the "No man, or woman born" but Malcom was technically not born because he was born through a caesarean section.

It's in the version of the movie they sold to me so I am going to complain about it, even more so if it's a mistake.

aside from "the eagles! the eagles are coming!", this was the dumbest scene in the trilogy, very cringe

>Knight King
What does Shovel Knight have to do with GoT or LotR?

Yes, we do. >>>/Reddit/

Tolkien was bashing Macbeth for the Birnham wood marching though that’s why he made the march of the ents

Merry did all the heavy lifting though.

his dialogue is so kino in comparison to got

she killed 1 out of 9 nazgul
she didn't kill sauron

I thought this moment was completely gay and stupid in both film and book format even back when I was reading it in my mid teens back in 2005.

Once an incel, always an incel

Born a male, always a male.

Don't worry lad, that's not your fault, it's just a failing of the American education system.

Unfortunately, you’ll never be a man, because you’ll always be a small dick beta

Sorry my shitpost from my phone while bludging at work didn’t pass your editorial standards user.
I’ll try harder next time.

Tolkein actually wrote the Eowyn/Witch King scene because he felt the way MacBeth did the prophecy [Caesarian section or whatever it was] was cheating.

Happily married to a conservative woman. Anyway have kids.

Damn, imagine being so butthurt.

Exposition about magical artifacts is significantly easier to deliver in a book than in a movie.

>the "no man" protection
There was no such thing.

It really was cheating t/b/h. I like Tolkein's spin on it better.

I remember physically cringing watching this scene in theaters. Girl power moments never feel natural.

>'Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!'

>A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.'

>A sword rang as it was drawn. 'Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.'

>'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

>Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed.... 'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you if you touch him.'

Attached: Ostrander Eowyn vs Witch King.jpg (816x1056, 730K)

>You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.'

book was so much better than "hurrr I aint no man"

god damn that is kino

it was never girl power, it was fucking over a prophecy because the witch king never saw it coming

>"Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
hot

Her and Merry had weapons designed to hurt the Wk.

No, Merry's was. Once he got shanked in the leg by the Barrow wight's blade he was vulnerable to the killshot from Eowyn's normal sword

Night king retroactively ruins the entire series

t. Another faggot who hasn't read Shakespeare or even the LoTR

The "no man can kill me" bit is inspired by Shakespeare's MacBeth which was "no man born of woman can kill me" or something like that. Having the part in LoTR was just a homage to Shakespeare and that story, and the way they portayed it in the movie is the same quite similar to the book. Unfortunately they got rid of the interesting bits and just turned it into two lines or so, the second being "I am no man."

>“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!”
>A cold voice answered: ‘Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.”
>A sword rang as it was drawn. “Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.”
>“Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!”
>Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.
>“But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.”

There are actually quite a lot of parts in the book/movie that are inspired by Shakespeare. The Ents fighting back against Isengard is also a homage to MacBeth, where the witches prophesy that he would not be defeated until the woods came against his kingdom of Dunsomething and so on. Of course, Tolkein was a bit of an anti-Industrialist, and so the message was a little different, where the woods were instead encroaching on Isengard which was (even in the movie) referred to as a place of "industry" in various ways, even by Saruman himself in the dialogue.

Attached: 1514881095357.png (712x802, 323K)

no one cares incel
we are talking about movies

Cope

um kys

The Witch King was killed by the dagger Pippin (or Merry, I can't remember which was there) stabbed him in the foot with

>C-section baby kills him
Wasn't it that MacDuff was born from a corpse, as he was birthed his mother died, therefore she was not a woman, she was a corpse.

>LOL DUDE IN DA BOOKS IT'S DIFFERENT! YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT!!!
>let's forget that GoT is different from the books and there is no Night King there
why are Tolkien redditors so dishonest?

To add to your post, which should be made into a pasta, the word man had two different meanings in the time when the book was written, which adds another dimension to her saying it.

It's the same in the movie you fucking dunce. Please kill yourself.

all women are corpses in bed

>but Malcom was technically not born
Pretty sure that was MacDuff, old sport.

She just took advantage of Pippin's sneak attack to land a finishing blow when he was unable to defend himself.