What are some kino documentaries lads?

What are some kino documentaries lads?
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

Attached: mouse utopia.jpg (800x600, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uq-19_pU7UM
youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw&t=13s
youtu.be/Xr9pQ1pIbiU
youtube.com/watch?v=CAMIvDmWbQs
youtube.com/watch?v=jg9VCf5einY
youtube.com/watch?v=-cilp5kapJI
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ_6MaZDXfs
youtube.com/watch?v=rIFVjNzOV1I
youtube.com/watch?v=YIMvM8u9C-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

that's a sweet set up. always wondered what it looked like

retard

t. ratboi

Brothers in Blood: The Lions of Sabi Sands

youtube.com/watch?v=uq-19_pU7UM

It's about a coalition of male lions who went on a rampage, taking a huge territory for themselves.

Zeitgeist...!!!!

>ducks

the century of the self

t.lab mouse
You’re gonna keep getting tested on and there’s nothing you can do about it

youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw&t=13s

good recs

anything by werner herzog

Attached: HelpfulGiftedHalibut-size_restricted.gif (450x250, 1.66M)

dubs of truth

youtu.be/Xr9pQ1pIbiU

Friendly reminder the US govt used the army to murder innocent American citizens. Never forget and don't believe the lies of the ATF and FBI

youtube.com/watch?v=CAMIvDmWbQs

Attached: 1556071626001.gif (320x240, 1.79M)

youtube.com/watch?v=jg9VCf5einY

Attached: danger.gif (201x120, 224K)

YT is full of this nutty 3 hours long conspiracy shit, fun af as long as you dont fall for it like a retard

youtube.com/watch?v=-cilp5kapJI

Michael Palin travel documentaries are all comfy kino

Attached: tiresome.jpg (492x449, 48K)

prefer the Michael Portillo ones, Palin is too slap sticky

Palin isn't slap stick in his documentaries though?
I love Portillo docs too.
Tony Robinson always makes great historical shit, wish Netflix or something had them all.

Attached: portkek.jpg (250x223, 17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=iZ_6MaZDXfs
kino Rod Serling

watch it and educate yourself for a change

Attached: four-horsemen-documentary.jpg (205x270, 15K)

>Tony Robinson always makes great historical shit
Time Team, if you want /his/ dockino watch Monarchy by David Starkey
youtube.com/watch?v=rIFVjNzOV1I

Attached: David Starkey.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

T. Homosexual mouse

Daivd Starkey, based crippled working class gay man who worked his way to the top.

this experiment has haunted me since I first saw it

keem em comin' bois, good shit being posted
yep, it predicted modern society

Herzog's my favourite filmmaker of all time
I think a prevailing theme in most of his films, drama and documentaries included, is his ability to capture human curiosity from the bygone age of exploration.
Kinda like the
>born too late to explore the earth
>born too early to explore the universe
Space, with our current technology, doesn't really have all that much to offer in terms of human exploration and delving into the unknown, and I feel like that sense of wonderment has died out.
Encounters at the End of the World makes me think of shit like all the expeditions to find the poles in the 19th century, Aguirre Wrath of God represents the European discovery and exploration of the New World, etc. Cave of Forgotten Dreams, my absolute favourite of his, doesn't really have a massive historical precedent like the others I mentioned, but looking into a cave that's been mostly untouched for tens of thousands of years still evokes the same feeling in my opinion, exploring an ancient period of human history which I for most of my life never really distinguished from the dinosaurs of millions of years in the past and beyond up until the Mesopotamian civilizations of 10,000~ years ago, when history is said to start. It's both humbling and deeply terrifying.

Attached: 1535063917319.jpg (500x550, 118K)

The fog of war. There’s uploads on YouTube but there of middling quality, It’s presented by Robert S McNamara in which he shares stories of his time in WW2, Vietnam etc, think Phillip glass did the score

Attached: A8BC001D-E88D-4F27-99B7-EEF8F34E89F1.jpg (960x1440, 164K)

Can't stand his accent

Cave of Forgotten Dreams is a genuinely great documentary, it blows my mind that more people haven't heard of it.

Herzog literally at one point in it says something like "pehrhaps ve are ze crocodiles gazing into ze abyss of time" and it somehow doesnt break the tone or even sound stupid in context.

t. beautiful one

Not to mention Herzog doesn't give a fuck about anyone else in Hollywood. Saw him speak at the Academy a few weeks ago and he not only dissed Coppola but was giving that Indiewire bitch Anne Thompson shit the whole time she was interviewing him. He's a real filmmaker and a super nice guy if you're not onions.

I feel like people would get thrown off by the 3D imax labelling as some corny light show for kids
That's also what I was getting at, how he both humanizes the paleolithic artists and completely throws the viewer off from any semblance of understanding that immense gap of time

How does Yea Forums feel about Samsara/Baraka/Cronos etc? I'm not sure I have ever seen them mentioned here.
This and Pandora's Box. Adam Curtis makes some top notch kino sometimes.

>Cave of Forgotten Dreams
great ost too
youtube.com/watch?v=YIMvM8u9C-o

>Samsara/Baraka
One of my favorite films of all time, with Koyaanisqatsi
Samsara is just stunning, wish i had seen in on a big top quality screen the first time

Baraka's an incredibly powerful film
The scene with the Japanese dancers reenacting the detonation of the nuclear bomb still gives me chills

bump

>bump
kys faggot how about actually contributing

the greatest story never told.

the ip count didn't go up retard, i already contributed
follow your own advice

>the ip count didn't go up retard i already contributed
So did I.
Contribute again then cunt.
I'm not the one trying to bump.

retard

The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years