The Cleganebowl was still worth it

The Cleganebowl was still worth it

Attached: cleganebowl.webm (1280x720, 2.48M)

Could be good but was not the main focus of the episode
Thus the magic was lost

Yeah kind of like building up AJ Styles vs Nakamura and then bumping it down the card in favor of another shitty Roman Reigns match...oh wait.

This fight scene is a million times better with the MGR soundtrack in the background

>bowl

It wasn't even a first quarter.

You really think they would give this the main focus of the episode? You must be new

daily reminder that the hound won cleganebowl and the only thing that kept the mountain going after several mortal wounds was the fact he wasn't mortal

it was a tie

Why did he become retarded for an episode? The Mountain would have been crushed by falling rocks, there was no reason for the Hound to go to all this trouble

>that death out of nowhere
wew

Did the books ever explain how exactly he revived from literal death and was turned into a fucking immortal zombie? I mean more than "he used some magical potions in his laboratory"

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

no just magic potions

In the books its believed Robert Strong doesn't even have a head.

no it wasn't. there was zero choreography. just swords swinging like your grandma's tits.

Qyburn is more esoterically inclined than most Maesters. He dabbles in legitimate necromancy. Even the peasants know this.

Maesters don't believe in magic though

Honestly didn't think it was possible to screw up cleganebowl

everybody knows decaptiation or immolation are the only ways to kill zombies, you can't pretend stabbing a zombie in the heart with a dagger counts as a kill

would have been better if the hound choked out cersei as she tried to walk past to mirror the first choke

And it wasn't. That shot of Clegane at the bottom of the steps "Your Grace" was fucking kino.

why did Gregor want to fight Sandor? wasn't he a mindless automaton for seasons at this point?

cant forget ur brutha

>stabbed in brain
>goes to pull dagger out of brain
>killed by clothesline
kino

It was fucking trash
anti-climactic as fuck

Nah it fucking sucked, it was a horribly edited mess with cuts every two seconds with the Hound able to stab through two layers of plate. It had one good shot at the start then it devolved into total shit. The first fight they had in S1 was better.

Yep, Gregor's skull was sent to the Prince of Dorne as an apology for what happened to Elia Martell.

woman detected

>Literally polnareff and dio

To be fair the skull they sent is picked clean of flesh, it could be anybody's skull.

Sandor was never driven by a suicidal revenge fantasy until S8E4. He hated his brother but this wasn't the central focus of his life.

Cleganebowl as executed was the worst kind of Dan service.

he was driven to revenge since the man mountain burn his face as a boy

Using estus flasks was cheating, though.

Sandor instantly dropped his arms after Robert commanded it at the tourney. It was not his first priority.

Lmao Hound lost and suicided like a little bitch

there's a time and a place

It was completely pointless and thus completely fitting.

the books are told in pov format. no one knows what qyburn did

Cleganebowl was a meme created to mock shitty writing. And now it became real.

Attached: 5433446.jpg (598x471, 60K)

Why not at a tourney? Why not bail on the Lannisters and pursue Gregor at their childhood home? Or while Gregor is on campaign?

Fire was enough to make him ditch his duty. Why not his supposed all consuming desire for revenge?

When did people forget how to film fight/actions scenes.
Theres so many cuts it almost looks like teleportation. It makes it look like shit.

Like one of the many dwarf heads that Cersei gets after she puts a bounty on tyrion's deformed midge head

>Maesters don't believe in magic though
They have a chain or something dedicated to it.
They just really fucking discourage studying magic.

Instrad we got Arya rynning aimlessly in the stteets for no reason. They somehow made this fight take place on a crumbling building with a burning city in the background. And still. It was boring.

Attached: 1558343415627.jpg (584x406, 21K)

The magic of Cleganebowl was going to be Cersei's trial.

Cleganebowl was canceled when she blew up the sept.

No public = no bowl

I jist love how her terrorist attack was never mentioned again. "Youre not a monster" fucking he'll really? She killed Margery, who everyone loved and were just gonna ignore that.

Qyburn is up to spooky shit. And Cersei is giving him women for his blood magic.
We have this dialog:
“I cannot have Falyse spreading tales about the city. Her grief has made her witless. Do you still need women for your … work?”
“I do, Your Grace. The puppeteers are quite used up.”
“Take her and do with her as you will, then.”

And finally...
“Is Lady Falyse still alive?”
“Alive, yes. Perhaps not entirely … comfortable.”
[...]
“Alas,” said Qyburn. “I fear that Lady Falyse is no longer capable of ruling Stokeworth. Or, indeed, of feeding herself. I have learned a great deal from her, I am pleased to say, but the lessons have not been entirely without cost. ”

Sad we didn't see much of his sadistic side in the show. Mad enough to join the Brave Companions. He's such an interesting and deceiving character in the books.

The idea, at least the most solid theory, is that Qyburn is recycling the blood from whatever women and shit that he's using and using it to animate Ser Gregor for limited periods of time. I imagine he spends time dormant or some shit. I don't fucking know, it's very weird.

Qyburn is such a great mad scientist

>I just loooooove mad science!

Attached: 1549837560923.png (638x792, 50K)

JUST A DROP OF CUM LITTLE BIRD

Attached: 6B8A5BFC-F92F-4ABE-AA6E-8AB57B1D4557.jpg (782x1022, 142K)

only in that it actually happened
i was never a memefag but gradually during this scene i slowly realized what was happening

Why? It's basic fanservice. No stakes. Just two retards fighting for no reason. The Mountain was dead anyway. And Sandor had no real reason to fight him now as he had plenty of opportunities in the past and he didn't take them.

The memes dictate the characters' actions because the writers are hacks.

Science wasn't really science back then. He's closer to a natural philosopher dabbling in magic.

The Mountain survived

only good moments this season

Attached: IMG_20190520_232449.jpg (2220x1080, 459K)

>Theon, go die for me for no reason. Don't worry, I'll be fine, Arya is gonna come in like 5 sec. You're a good man though, bro.

Might have been good if Arya had used that opportunity to stab the Night King instead of waiting for him to almost get Bran.