Not even reddit cares anymore

Not even reddit cares anymore.

How?

Attached: star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-episodio-ix-spoiler.jpg (1080x600, 91K)

Their bodies started developing a resistance to soi

They scored the triple crown by pissing off fans of the Prequels, the OT, and the EU in various ways. Whatever little interest they've gained from the general public just isn't enough to replace the loss of what should be their most reliable audience.

I honestly forgot the NuWars trilogy even existed for like a week just now.
It felt great.

how much you think it will make in the box office?

The MCU and Game of Thrones stole it's thunder.

850M WW

The only people who "enjoyed" ep8 are people with a monetary incentive.

ep8 wasn't even entertainingly bad, it was just... bad

Star Wars is dead

Not even normies care any more. Only "entertainment journalists" and a few fat cunts on twitter pretend to care

Attached: D0nlXsPUwAA_gnE.jpg large.jpg (574x711, 51K)

fee fiddy

what a shame, why the fuck disney decided to kill star wars?

the disney trilogy is worse than the prequels desu.

I don't think they meant too. Just arrogance and incompetence

Trips of truth but I can hardly see a company like Disney fucking a brand so hard like they did with Star Wars by accident.

There's literally nothing to look forward to. What's the story supposed to be anymore? Stop Kylo Ren? Who cares?

The sequel trilogy was doomed to be mediocre since TFA where they decided to just tell the same story of A New Hope. Then they decided to kill Snoke, who was set up as the Big Bad of the entire story.

It doesn't help that the conflict itself is really fucking vague and badly explained in the movies. No, seriously, who the fuck are the First Order? Just call them the Imperial Remnant and have the story be about them trying to wrangle power back from the Republic.

The worst part of TLJ is that the few reasonable people that defend it, only do it because it has some good ideas and they somehow ignore the godawful execution of them and how the rest of the movie was pure trash.

>how much you think it will make in the box office?
1.9 billion success

Pretty much. They attempted to broaden their audience by aggressively disassociating from their existing one, thinking that they'd mindlessly support Star Wars nonetheless, and ended up losing that existing audience in droves. History will look back on Disney's management of Star Wars as one of the all-time worst business decisions in the entertainment industry.

Attached: disney.jpg (1863x321, 159K)

They're driving away some fans on purpose, but most of it is just stupidity. Even the spaceships have no creativity anymore. All X-Wings and TIE Fighters with some decapitated Star Destroyers. Ooh so new.

I think on top of their incompetence and arrogance they generally didn't care about star wars, see the scene of Leia hugging rey instead of chewy when han died as an example. Some day they are gonna teach classes about how a company like Disney could destroy the most valuable pop culture IP in just a handful of movies

1.4 billion

You're out of your fucking minds.

this maybe even notably less
i suspect the numbers will become abit inflated, but yeah 850 or less. maybe even as little as 600.
the brand truly is broken beyond repair. people dont associate SW with fun movies, but with boring purple haired feminists & un-tertainment. Even normies

Attached: D6KT8f3WsAEWgph.jpg large.jpg (1080x1121, 105K)

At least the Prequels felt like Star Wars, these new films just feel like soulless corporate garbage.

This is honestly one of the dumbest things about the new trilogy. Disney was clearly in this for the money. Why the fuck did they let the people running Star Wars recycle all the same fucking designs?
You can complain about the prequels all you want, but it was toyetic as FUCK. I mean shit, the Naboo and Jedi Starfighter figures and games alone sold gangbusters.

Attached: D8B79785-0737-403E-A4CF-F8897418C5BE.jpg (264x277, 19K)

>Disney was clearly in this for the money.
no fucking shit, sherlock

you can still make good movies while only caring about the money. infinity wars is legit a good movie, and thats from someone who doesnt like blockbusters generally

Pretty much, Star Wars as a cultural behemoth is dead

This.
The sequel trilogy was dead from the first TFA trailer.
The conflict in itself is a repetition of the OT because of how Disney thought they could repeat the success of the OT and avoid any risk of getting the backlash the PT got but in the end, they only created a bland rehash of the OT that undermined its achievements in the Star Wars narrative, with a nonsensical reason for the conflict, an incompetent enemy faction because they have a stupid obsession to always be on top of their political enemies, and characters that now amount to nothing.
Kylo is not a threat, there's no character at all to Rey, Poe has been emasculated and can't be taken seriously anymore, Finn is literally a joke character, and no one like Rose. They don't even have star power to draw people in because everyone is ugly as fuck and untalented.

Honestly, they should've gone with George's draft, unaltered.

>but it was toyetic as FUCK.
True. I wish I had my Battle Droid/skiff type vehicle thing back. Speaking of the Battle Droids, they sounded and looked cool, and I don't care that they're were weak. They were different in every other way to a stormtrooper except in getting killed. Speaking of Stormtroopers!...the new ones look fat and gay.

>Disney was clearly in this for the money.
If they were in thsi for the money they would have made toyetic movies, not boring new characters with brown outfits, no aliens, no cool villains and no new vehicles.

They'll just buy tickets themselves like they did for Captain Marvel.

Not sure why you're being hostile when you're agreeing with me.
Disney was in it for the money, and they could have made decent movies while also making megabux off merchandising.
Instead, they failed miserably on both fronts.

Attached: DTMurL1XUAAEiw9.jpg (505x415, 28K)

lol fair point. didnt read past that sentence
alright

Will this be the first two part episode of Star Wars?

JJ Abrams is an overrated kike hack

>disney decided to kill star wars
No they didn't. It's just a fragile brand that can't be improved upon by anyone.

They combined OT nostalgia with Marvel type capeshit, and listened to Plinkett too much. No politics, no story, too many characters, a fucking dumpster fire

I kind of wonder if fans could make a better trilogy on their own with today's technology.

>Why the fuck did they let the people running Star Wars recycle all the same fucking designs?
When has Disney ever done something original other than Lilo & Stitch? Putting a new coat of paint on Star Wars and just re-doing everything is exactly what you should have expected.

They thought SW fans were GoT fans. The latter have been bitching about the crappy writing since season 5, yet they watched till the end with the finale breaking record viewing. The fags at Disnet think they can pull this with SW

It's not even sustainable as a single movie and you want twio of them? Disney can't wait to flush this turd and move on.

The trailer called it the "end of the saga" or something. What, exactly, is the overarching story of the new trilogy? Last Jedi effectively stomped any consistent narrative such that this new movie will pretty much be a standalone, won't it?

You think Jew Jew is capable of ending a story on his own?

Straight up don't give a fuck anymore.
What will be the 3rd one be? Luke training Rey and revealing who he found out was her father? Aka him?

Yup

It will make less money than TFA or TLJ, but it won't be a complete disaster because so many people will just go "I will probably hate it but I watched all the other movies so fuck me, I might just watch this last one too".

However, everything that comes after it? 100% doomed. D&D trilogy sells zero tickets. Rian trilogy will be canceled, or sell zero tickets. Toys and merchandise: Zero sold. Star Wars will literally be over forever after that.

pure greed. the moment they announced they would produce 1 star wars film per year, was when they already fucked up.
say what you want about the capeshit MCU films, but the producers carefully worked their way to a giant franchise. Disney on the other hand prematurely ejaculated and ignorantly thought they could have the whole pie in one go. if they wouldn't have been so greedy, they could have successfully milk star wars for decades. I am glad they're crashing this plane.

Attached: 1556748085882.jpg (1200x1182, 330K)

slightly more than the Last Jedi but way less than The Force Awakens
I would guess 1.4B

>monetary incentive

Rian's trilogy is kill but they have bundled him in with D&D's trilogy.
DnD do the writing and Rian gets to direct it.
Rumors floating around it's going to be in KOTOR timeline.
It just keeps happening.

has JJ Abrams ever ended a story in a satisfying way?
Everything I've see from him has been a movie with a cliffhanger/ vague ending or a TV show where he only writes and directs the beginning then moves on to being just a producer

delusional

Alias was fine I guess.

Do you guys realize you're just manchildren wearing nostalgia goggles? The original movies are as retarded. Sure the SJW pushing makes the new ones slightly worse but come on.

Attached: 1556701791312.jpg (450x450, 60K)

Abd handful of brain wash die-hard fan .

Choose katleen as head honcho a clueless sjw retard, choose ryan johnson a guy that dont even like or care about star wars .Its not disney fault?And they retcon the book and all the lore just to put the final blow.

Its still a good space opera like the old sar strek they are fund camping but didnt age well.With current budget and the fanbase it should have been easy to create at the very least something decent that people can enjoy.

Good point user .

If that really was the mindset then they're total retards, because Game of Thrones isn't something you spend money on in and of itself - you buy an HBO subscription that gets access to a bunch of other shit too, and GoT's high viewership is part of that (like how Bird Box on Netflix had 100 million viewers, but it would NEVER have had that much as a theatrical release).

Remember that this is the man who said that there was nothing new to do with Star Wars.

>Fragile
Only by repeated and calculated stabs to the heart, neck and face of Star Wars could it be killed. And now that an ocean of blood has drained out, you call it fragile.

>Marvel type capeshit
Except hose movies are frequently fun, and are based on actual storylines from comics that people liked.

Empire Strikes Back is the greatest film ever created by a human being, retard.

Darth Plagueis was the mastermind all along. All through the prequels it was him inside of Palpatine, always grooming new hosts to take over. Plagueis migrated from Snoke to Kylo in Ep 8 when Snoke was killed, and Kylo is currently possessed by Plagueis/Sidious.
This is the only way to tie all three trilogies together and I seriously think they’ll do it.

Only correct response, most of the low estimates ITT are wishful thinking

>No real passion
>Corporate nostalgia pandering
>Director is a hack
>Disney sequels were the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since the Holiday Special
It's just so tiring my dude.

Attached: 1542028324056.jpg (254x255, 4K)

I wouldn't even smear the Holiday Special by mentioning it in the same sentence as the Disney sequels.

fyi that was a fake number