The best CGI villain of all time

The best CGI villain of all time

Attached: 429B3F5B-93CF-4E95-B716-58D4A3104D42.jpg (1080x1133, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/brb6xu/the_best_cgi_villain_of_all_time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

retarded thread

Not even close

Attached: davy jones.jpg (500x375, 48K)

Until they brought in a immature version of himself from 2014

>villian

Literal jobber, what a waste

Attached: 4L_5o3NyAqJ.png (2208x1242, 3.57M)

>Kicks everyone's ass and completes his plan in Infinity War
>Doesn't fight back in Endgame because he doesn't give a shit about his life since there's nothing anyone can do to revert what he's done

How is that jobbing

God, what happened?

Pretty great.

What the fuck was he meant to be? I still can't believe this was the final boss of this MCU crap.

This

Over-dependence on CGI forces it to thin out instead of going to the right places. Happened to the Hobbit too, LotR had some amazing CGI for it's time and it's still way better compared to most modern movies

Attached: LordOTRingsFellowship_249Pyxurz.jpg (1600x1203, 157K)

>I still can't believe shit has shit in it
why?

>The Infinity Stones nearly killed me, you can probably tell from the slightly scabby skin that covers about a third of my face.

reddit
/thread

Tick tock

Anyone have that Infinity War webm of Thanos being semi-transparent in one scene?
Like he was walking and you could faintly see the characters behind him through his body.

Even muh biggest movie ever still looks like a shitty PS2 game when it's coming out of Disney

some random alien king? even the fucking scorpion king from mummy returns was more interesting

Attached: the-mummy-returns-scorpion-king-the-rock-bad-movie-cgi.jpg (618x322, 44K)

Eye horns with black eyes really makes the character. He really does look like some kind of prune man.

He is a quitter.

Attached: t-1000_says_no.gif (350x212, 1.03M)

DING
DING
DING
DING

They did revert what he has done.

How did you get this hi-rez pic of thanos from endgame?
Is Disney finally letting everyone see this thanos in their new posters?

That's the point of the movie

he's way more scary when he's not in cgi mode so no

Also the better FBI agent in X-Files.
Him and Scully should have been the team from the beginning.

/Thread

It's an official screengrab. "Copyright 2019 Marvel" is in the corner.

based

I never understood how the dwarves lived in the mines if there was a giant monster that attacks anything that moves in there. Don't know why it didn't attacks the orcs either

it's an alien (oversized human with purple skin)

>an overpopulated world
>he did what he had to do
>reeeeeeeeee leftist screeching

When the Balrog was discovered the mines were abandoned dumbass. It took generations of mining for them to find it crazy deep in the earth

>overpopulation is real

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

It's funny because you stupid cunts hated tentacle face when he was first revealed.

They got forced out of the mines because they awakened it. This is mentioned in the movie.

So the big bad of the Marvel universe is a big purple alien? Why aren't there more like him? Surely they must've invented space travel before his planet was fucked. How are there no other superheroes from other planets? Why do they all come from Earth? Is there really nobody that has invented a suit of armor on another planet? Was Howard Stark's sperm so spectacular that he is the only one that is capable of doing that? Why didn't Captain Marvel ever encountered Thanos when he was going around killing half of every planet like when he did to Gamora?

>I replied to everyone!

>I never understood how the dwarves lived in the mines if there was a giant monster that attacks anything that moves in there.
Firstly it’s because the mines were rich with treasure. Secondly They only happened to find out there was a fucking Balrog late into the experiment when they accidentally dug it up from hibernation, and it’s theorized that the goblins/irks seem to worship Durin’s Bane as a god of some kind, or don’t directly fuck with it. The one question that is legitimate is how come Gimli never realized that Moria was essentially abandoned for well over a decade despite allegedly being on amazing terms with Balin.

My lotr knowledge isn't super fresh in my mind but iirc: the balrogs are ancient demigods on the same level as the wizards that took part in the pre-lotr wars on the side of melkor. After those wars many died(?) and the rest went to slumber deep in the earth.

The dwarves dug 'too deep' and found one, woke it up and it fucked up their shit.

I imagine the balrog doesn't fight the orcs because they're both servants of melkor.

When not in full cgi mode, he still can stab you with cgi, so still counts

Attached: Call_to_John.png (647x276, 298K)

Its not mentioned in the films and you cant really see other people in the Titan flashback but in canon Thanos had a birth-defect that made him purple and ugly but also gave him superhuman strength

you don't know me cunt

He looked better for some reason in Guardians.

>How are there no other superheroes from other planets?
there literally are though, just look at Thor

>The next time Moria fell was when Balin, Oin, and Ori had established a colony in Moria, but the colony was then killed by Orcs. The remnants of the colony were found by the Fellowship of the Ring during their passage through the Misty Mountains.
How come the Balrog didn't attack them again?

that's right you little dumb shit, yes, good boy

He saw himself get his head cut off and his enemies found a way to undo all the shit he did. He just went scorched earth.

Absolutely wrong you worthless piece of shit. Pirates 2 is the best Disney action movie ever made.

12 years old and still looks great

>The one question that is legitimate is how come Gimli never realized that Moria was essentially abandoned for well over a decade despite allegedly being on amazing terms with Balin.

This is a good question, a theory I take is that he wasnt telling the truth and was more dwarfish boasting that he has royal blood/friendships and just expected everything to be cool when he showed up on an important mission.

Either that or Gimli did not spend enough time around other dwarf populations leading up to fellowship

These are some really stupid questions that could be easily answered by just watching the movies or reading the comics.

For fucks sake, half the "superheroes" fighting Thanos are literally from other planets, so your questions don't even make sense.

Orcs and Balrog pretty much all happened at once

Yes but so many of them are from Earth. Guardians, Thor, Asgardians and Captain Marvel are the only ones from other worlds and even then the Asgardians are just cannon fodder.

i think balrogs are wizards who turned evil in the first age and theres something about the god people who sent the wizards to middle earth (forgot their name) turning them into balrogs, something like there was only 4 to ever exist and gandalf killed the last one.

Nothing has come close

based paedophile

>that awful looking sack of a shirt in the second image
l o l

No Balrogs were just evil creatures that followed Melkor and the Istari (Wizards) we're sent to aid the men in the Third Age when Sauron (Melkor's right hand) was rising in power again. The Balrog that chased the Fellowship was one that slept in the mines after Melkor was defeated because it had no purpose with it's leader gone

You literally just posted the exact same thing from the marvel subreddit...

why the fuck is he so weak in the movie?

He's already injured from Thor's stab wound and using the stones at the end of Infinity War plus he uses the Stones again which neary kills him

He's the 2nd best CGI character after Gollum.
It's not even that he's amazingly well-rendered, but more about the way a human actor's facial expressions and body language are translated and magnified into those of a semi-human alien. When he's on screen he has an immense physical presence and conveys a strong feeling of threat.
Davy Jones VFX are better, but as a character he's not as effective. He's kind of just repulsive.

And most of the "superheroes" on Earth are just regular guys with some good training and equipment who stand no chance against a threatening adversary on their own. In the Guardians movies we see dozens of "superheroes" from other planets in passing, like pic related, they just aren't the focus. A ten year old understands this.

Attached: temp.png (794x536, 531K)

Not old busted up thanos. Younger Thanos at the end of the movie

Attached: images (14).jpg (505x607, 34K)

t-1000 wasnt cgi outside of maybe 3 scenes
Even the scenes you think are full cgi were done with practical tricks

He was pretty strong. He 1v3ed Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. He jobbed to Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch. At least SW's part was more serious and she's been built up as a strong character while CM's part was played for laughs and she's a Deus Ex Machina that was introduced right before the end of the saga so I sort of understand what you're saying

The one who had zero infinity stones and still defeated Thor, Iron Man and Cap at the same time? You thought he was WEAK?

Attached: Fairygodmother.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

In the books the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain (i.e. Gimli's home) hadn't heard from Balin's colony for years.

Balrogs were maiar, minor gods on the same level as Gandalf

anyone know a good ultraHD torrent for infinity war?

>villain
>in a movie about pirates

endgame thanos > IW thanos
IW thanos was the definition of a forced sympathetic villain
Infinity war is a much better movie though overall

Attached: DzF_jrbV4AAy6Qu.jpg_large.jpg (640x354, 26K)

How about you just buy the film you fucking mongoloid

>orcs
Those were GOBLINS you need

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

I can't even conceive how based this post is

When he get clapped by captain marvel (who is weaker than hulk and thor in the comics) and needs help from the power stone then yea he, he's weak.

>pirates
>villains

Attached: vaneno.gif (540x304, 1.8M)

You don’t know what a jobber is

me on the left

Underrated

Is this a shit darkseid?

Why the fuck did they change his scars so drastically from one movie to the other when they were made at the same goddamn time?

Change what scars? The endgame picture is after he snapped a second time

He used the gauntlet to destroy the stones between movies.

Attached: very good.jpg (890x960, 37K)

>People praise that grape

His CGI isn't that much better than Steppenwolf. He looks like a fucking videogame character.

I see and I wonder when did everything go so wrong. The motherfucker is from a 2004 movie and his CGI is perfect.

Attached: hexadecimal.png (420x601, 215K)

Attached: 1528121260126.png (1920x960, 674K)

Why not just skip the killing people?

Attached: 1469842857555.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

It's been a while since I watched, but I thought Megabyte was the main villain of the show.

yep.

Attached: tytyjt.png (986x651, 958K)

>even though they raped and murdered innocent people they stole from the greedy east india company so it's ok

>Is this a shit darkseid?

He's a faggot cosplaying as Darkseid. That explains his gay color.

>*snap*
>crime goes down
>wait, where did all the brownies go?

This version of NotDarkseid is way better. They should have stick to it. The final version looks just like a fat human with a skin condition.

>even though they raped
>Implying rape is bad

I would happily rape someone if it was legal.

>as soon as I laid eyes on you I knew you were my negro.jpg

How was it forced in IW?

A lot of those types of scenes were practical effects. Yea, the movement of the fluid was CGI, but pic related is probably a prop and makeup.

She punched him a couple times. He ate them no problem and threw her away like an annoying fly. Then she came back and out muscle him. Mind you tho she was using her flight and propulsion combined with her strength to push him back to his knee. And he was literally using on arm. I dont think you know what "clapped" means retard

Awful thread, lemme just school you niggas one time

Attached: d295976601fd0c225af4096733cef69e.jpg (1200x633, 99K)

Thread should have ended here.

>villain

>flight and propulsion combined with her strength to push him back to his knee\
>he has her on the ground
she starts to push him back and you can see him struggle with it
>gets him on his knees
>head butts her
>nothing happens
>P-Power stone!!! H-help meee
Cope harder nigger

Not one single mention of Best villain ever, i swear you lot are fucking retards

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 21.03.13.png (1160x652, 1.18M)

>powers in the MCU are consistent

this nigga was intense as fuck

Based

Yes retard learn to read. He uses one arm to push. She uses her strength combined with her flight propulsion. And she pushes him to his knee. Its merely a pushing struggle. This isnt called getting clapped. Dumbass

they are and so are you

It felt forced

Thats not answer fool

Made zero sense how he manhandled Durotan but ight.

An*

he was based af what you talking about fåm?

BASED AND RETARDED

unbelievably good cgi to this very day

they both look great stop dicking around, only laughable thing is that Davy Jones is 50 years old age tech and still holds up

Zbrush happened

reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/brb6xu/the_best_cgi_villain_of_all_time/

Based

Stop trying so hard, leddit

Imagine if this movie was only with the orcs lads

Attached: 1551705500151.jpg (540x540, 15K)

>2006

Actually how

Pic related as both a positive reaction to your choice, and as a contender to it.

Yeeeesss

Attached: Yesss.jpg (310x233, 29K)

that would be interesting my problem was more to do that the humans felt like a tv show, they should have had amour like game of thrones, not fucking plastic looking shit, it made it feel fake

god this movie was awful

the human shit would have been fine if they didn't use real actors and did the whole thing CG like everyone always wanted them to do

>eyebrows

Fel fuel

Based.
Thread saved

companies realized there are so many retards that still pay for garbage they dont actually have to put effort into anything

look at fucking black panther's cgi; there's no excuse for it to be shit

>video games
Have sex

Whenever I think about how CGI came a long way in only a few years, I think of how good Davy Jones looks. The Kraken’s tentacles also looked real. Then I realize nothing has ever looked that good since

same thing in lotr

Believe it or not I worked for a guy that was asked to make a lot of props for the warcraft movie. He specialized in making recreations of historical armor and we made a few suits of simple plastic armor that was just intended to be background props.
We sent them samples of what we were making and they said that what we made wasn't what they were going for and looked too different from the rest of the film's aesthetic. I kinda suspected that, knowing the suits were for the warcraft movie that they'd be too 'realistic' for it but I was low enough on the totem pole at the time that I didn't want to speak up about it.

Based Daniel Wu