Action Movies

Bros, why aren't action movies good anymore? I can't name very many good ones from the past 15 years, and the genre seems to have peaked in the 80's along with horror.

>Cobra has a workprint cut floating around online that's hard to find that's longer and more violent
>It has a 2 hr cut that has more action and gore that's never been released

youtube.com/watch?v=czzIGc7v6aI

Also action movie thread

Attached: cobra.jpg (502x755, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w
youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc
youtu.be/M4XT9c1pfJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9Eont_yEGZs
youtube.com/watch?v=AIrW3RjJAso
youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo
youtube.com/watch?v=dEOGtKyoiPY
youtu.be/hEJnMQG9ev8
youtube.com/watch?v=-p-SH5OK9Jw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcfsqU5_M50
youtube.com/watch?v=fXdjl04cLwY
youtube.com/watch?v=SjtYWtumafc
youtube.com/watch?v=kRHYNiWJx9U
youtube.com/watch?v=sr3zUlwP7Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=m8D76QVbxMc
youtube.com/watch?v=jVD_7RS9tGA
youtube.com/watch?v=rUOcUA0ld9Y
1drv.ms/u/s!Agd0vAnjGN1uoQTdhYrAOzeAJxFd
youtube.com/watch?v=Ohws8y572KE
youtube.com/watch?v=uxUgzyjhTDE
youtube.com/watch?v=0PMYHYUzjQE
youtube.com/watch?v=4DTpaE4Gwnk
youtube.com/watch?v=sfObcMWpub4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best Schwarzenegger film?

For me, it's Commando.

youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Attached: commando.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

Because of political correctness, you can't kill Russians or chinks anymore
Capeshit exists because it's the faggiest of action movies possible
It's all make believe
Cool revenge movies? Nah
Badass one man saves the day? Nah
The only movie I can come up that was enjoyable to me is Taken

>gringos will never know the absolute kino that is BRdubbed Cobra

Attached: images.jpg (269x187, 9K)

since the 2016 election russians are ok to be evil in movies again

>Bros, why aren't action movies good anymore? I can't name very many good ones from the past 15 years
the John Wick movies you fool

>you can't kill Russians or chinks anymore
We'll never have movies like Red Dawn ever again

youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc

Attached: Red Dawn.jpg (930x450, 194K)

>John Wick
GO BACK TO YOUR CAPESHIT!

Every now and then there is a good action flick (John Wick, Olympus Has Fallen, Taken, Upgrade). But it’s all capeshit these days

Cobra literal shit tier, unless watched ironically, like Road House.

so is capeshit just like a word you apply to anything you hate now? its the new Yea Forums word for Jew?

Attached: confused cat.png (382x417, 325K)

except they remade red dawn with north koreans and it was terrible

But Cobra was shit

Did you not see Mad Max: Fury Road?

Are North Koreans the chinese?

John Wick movies aren't that good, desu. It's just reddit & Yea Forums's lovechild

they are proxies for the chinese

I enjoyed Hardcore Henry

Yeah it was pig shit. Only the the original Mel Gibson movies are any good, and the third one is debatable at that.

>If you don't think current year superhero style action movie franchises are good then it's the same jew

Get a load at this guy. It's not a good franchise, you may as well be recommending Harry Potter movies, or the Force Awakens, or episodes of Doctor Who.

John Wick movies are that good, tbqfhwy. It’s just that you’re a contrarian that hates anything popular. You would have hated Arnold and Stalone back in the ‘80s if you were around during that time.

aka, it got too popular so now I must hate it

Yeah, but neocons and libs would like to invade North Korea, not the Chinese

>JW
>super hero-style
You’re gonna have to explain this one.

>harry potter and dr who are just like hard R action movies

Attached: confused nigga.jpg (431x431, 14K)

No, the actual reason is that the realism meme is current. You aren’t allowed to make an unrealistic but fun action movie for anything that isn’t capeshit these days.

>hard R action movies
HAHAH JOHN WICK! SOMEONE SAID THIS ABOUT JOHN FUCKING WICK!

Attached: 1545337505670.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

you need to go back to Plebbit, you shit eating low life failed abortion.
John Wick is uwe boll tier shlock.

youre describing john wick right now. its not in any way cape shit

You have to go back

Attached: get out.jpg (500x378, 34K)

Fury Road was so action packed that it became monotonous. It needed some downtime between action scenes and it shouldn’t have all been a damn car chase.

Stop samefagging and give a real argument for why John Wick is a bad action series.

>Cobra literal shit tier

Attached: 1551642158292.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>For me, it's Commando.
Damn I loved that movie so much. Should I watch it again or would that ruin it?

I remember seeing brains get blown out by hi-powered weaponry while people toss around the fuck word in my PG-13 movies too.

Stop having shit opinions. You have to be 18 to post on 4channel

Attached: samefagging.png (586x96, 5K)

>someone getting shot in the head counts as being a hardcore serious action movie

LOL

>the genre seems to have peaked in the 80's along with horror
whoa it’s almost like genre films go in and out of style over time. might as well ask what happened to all the westerns or musicals

>implying you can’t jump IPs or post on two different devices
lol newfagget. And you still haven’t even started to explain why JW is bad or capeshit.

there are

youtu.be/M4XT9c1pfJQ

Depends on what you mean by good but you'd have to be a retard not to realize why. Realism. Take game of plebs for example, battles always autists on here ranting about muh tactics. Fast and furious movies get ridiculed for being over the top. Now think about what those movies yoy miss were like. Blame yourselves

based Uganda still churning out kino

Do it man! Commando and Cobra pretty much created like every action movie cliche of the 80's; it's beautiful! The movie holds up, and Arnold kills like a ridiculous number of people with crazy kills, and flips over cars with his bare hands.

Literally every “hardcore action movie” is R-rated for violence. What the fuck are you talking about here?

for me its the last action hero

Attached: kinoasfuck.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>Watch action movie
>Villain is some Aryan god with blonde hair and blue eyes
>Pure coincidence

Protip: It isn't a coincidence

>implying you can’t jump IPs
>hahaha I was just pretending to be retarded!

Attached: retarded.gif (240x180, 2M)

>Literally

Go back to your capeshit!

Attached: 1536706106917.jpg (1105x738, 61K)

Really, stop being new and return to the place you love to accuse others of coming from so much.

>didn’t use any of those phrases
You tried it. Now are you going to talk about what makes JW bad or are you going to continue to be a faggot?

That's an underrated classic. They stopped being able to make good action movies around the 2000's and Arnold became a governor, so he stopped having hits later on.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Eont_yEGZs

I just hope that Rambo 5 will be as dull as part 2-4. Maybe some retarded zoomers who never watched 80s action films with their dads will notice how much fun those braindead flicks are.

>Now are you going to talk about what makes

No, I'm not playing your games, you're not entitled to anything and you can stay mad and gay.

>stop being new
This level of projection! Multiple people told you to fuck off back to plebbit with your John Wick faggotry

Attached: (you).png (319x458, 71K)

>not a single point to back up his “hurr durr JW is capeshit” claim
As expected of a faggot. Spouts memes he heard without being able to explain them. Now go choke on a cock, faggot.

>Multiple people
>still trying to pretend he isn’t samefagging
lolololol

>As expected of a faggot
>I'M NOT GAY, YOU'RE GAY!

Attached: 1553362368189.png (472x565, 18K)

Watch Scottkino, there's a new one out in couple days and it looks great

youtube.com/watch?v=AIrW3RjJAso

Attached: scottadkins.jpg (1200x1800, 89K)

That Universal Soldier movie he was in is unironically great. It was bordering on arthouse at times

>wojak poster
>unironically using sōy
>loves talking about ribbit
>tried and failed to samefag
>spouting memes and buzzwords without actually adding to the discussion

Yep, I’m thinking you’re a faggot.

if you haven't seen this you have no right to talk

Attached: dredd.jpg (1382x2048, 879K)

Attached: logically btfo.png (424x427, 58K)

That's not Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone

>opinion straight in the trash

Why aren’t action movies good anymore?
>studios afraid of making rated R films as they restrict a large section of the market from watching the film
>hyper masculine characters are now toxic
>forced Girl Power characters and scenes
>if there are any more women who need to be saved by the action hero this will be viewed as sexist, portraying women as weak and in the need of a man
>Cheap CGI looks so much worse than cheap practical effects, there’s some charm in seeing what is clearly a dummy get incinerated in a fire ball, a crappy cgi explosion with rubber looming structures and people getting blown up just looks ridiculous

karl urban did a better job

>watch action film
>literally every single henchman killed is a white guy (looking at you 2nd Jurassic world)
>white male protagonist is a complete retard in at minimum 1 scene where his mixed race female companion shows him how it’s done

>did a better job
No. He's just what zoomers saw first

You are taked with creating a modern day remake of Dirty Harry.

Cast it it and outline the plot

Attached: Dirty-Harry-Cover-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

Dredd (2012) was a far more interesting action movie.

My nigga

>sylvester stallone is the perfect Judge Dredd

He's nothing like the Dredd of the comics while Karl Urban played it much better. It sounds to me like you only like Stallone's Dredd because that's what you saw first.

Attached: 1470841384221.jpg (1188x1262, 329K)

Uh-oh, he used a modified wojak reaction image! The faggot’s evolving!

Who are you quoting?

>forced Girl Power characters and scenes
We'll never get another scene like this

Attached: cobra brigette nielson.png (853x480, 572K)

You're a contrarian tool and your taste is garbage.

>Karl Urban played it much better
All he did was keep on the helmet.

>muh better acting

Because there is no longer moral absolutism, or the moral self confidence that typified the USA in the 80's. Now everything is morally relative, and there's more introspection and self criticism of America. On top of that, there's been a push back against masculinity.
For a good action film, you have to have a bad ass man who is good who kills feminine evil. This is best done when the good guy is an American patriot who loves his country who kills Americas enemies (domestic and foreign) who are often weak (disposable soldiers) and effeminate (businessmen who control the soldiers, or actual women).

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo

"YOU BETRAY DE LAW!"

"AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!"

This was pretty fun

Attached: AA.jpg (620x885, 183K)

>preferring the Road Warrior to John Wick is contrarian

Attached: 1557360110819.gif (400x300, 1.93M)

>I AM THE LAW

Way more quotable to this day.

That's what Judge Dredd does... keeps his helmet on and pulls a grimace. I didn't say Karl was a better actor (Stallone isn't that good of an actor himself) but he played the part more faithfully to Dredd's character.

>I can't name very many good ones from the past 15 years

The Raid
John Wick
Dredd
Mad Max: Fury Road quite possibly the best action movie ever
MI: Fallout

to name a few

so the problem is that you have no taste

Not him but how are these manufactured super hero movies good taste?

>That's what Judge Dredd does
>played the part more faithfully
Wearing a helmet more is now considered being more faithful, this is some Harry Potter levels of dumb, like when some tard says they like Red Dragon better than Manhunter, because it's "more faithful".

Arnold + m60/uzi/shotgun = GOLD

Action movies golden era ran from the early 80s to the late 90s. It depends whether you consider The Matrix an action movie but I'd say it was the last movie to incorporate the kind of good choreography and gunfight scenes of the 80s. Hong Kong action movies also seemed to peak around the late 80s.

Jesus christ guy, could you have a worst list?

>John Wick
Reddit movie
>Dredd
Reddit movie
>Mad Max: Fury Road
Reddit movie
>MI: Fallout
completely forgettable

You realize they made movies in the decades prior to the last 10 years right?

KEK

>Search 2010s action movies in google
>Just returns 90% capeshit flicks

Why

Attached: the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-5.jpg (560x330, 33K)

>Let's have Rob Schnieder shit up every scene
>Let's have a court drama
>Let's take off the mask (it was extremely painful)
Although based Versace costumes were a a great detail. It was more like a spiritual prequel to 5th element than a Judge Dredd story, though.

>PAST MOVIES GOOD
>RECENT MOVIES BAD

Attached: boomer based.png (1592x964, 1.99M)

The Matrix was the death of action movies. The very moment slo mo shit and over the top cg and martial arts became too overly ingrained it ruined action movies, particularly when you could get away with a Pg-13. The Matrix wasn't even that good. I thought it was only kinda ok at the time it came out, but didn't lose my mind over it. The movie would have been higher regarded had there not been two sequels, which were unnecessary.

>Because there is no longer moral absolutism, or the moral self confidence that typified the USA in the 80's.
Bruce Willis who plays the Die Hard protagonist plays a cynical and divorced cop. There is no self-confidence there. He's even balding and far from being muscular or beautiful.

>For a good action film, you have to have a bad ass man who is good who kills feminine evil.
wtf

Wasn't just the wearing of a helmet. Dredd's character is stoic. Stallone's Dredd simply wasn't. I enjoyed Karl's Dredd more because it's the Dredd I wanted. Stick it up your ass.

>stallone's name is as big as the movie's name
was he really that big in the 80s?

Either explain your retarded “every modern action movie is reddit or capeshit” position or shut the fuck up already.

Nigga just say you like new thing because new thing is new. It'll save us both time and energy.

Attached: 1555571299902.png (921x900, 1.56M)

How about you say you like old things because the old thing is old. See? Two can play that game, brainlet.

You make some good points, but slow motion was already around in the late 80s at least for chink movies, as well as martial arts, with the Van Damme movies. Except the fact that the decade following the release of TM was dreary in terms of action movies, I can't see how it was the "death" of action movies. CGI would have rolled in at some point as tech progressed.

I honestly love TM as a great sci-fi flick mixed in with action. I won't pretend it's the Holy Grail, but it displayed some great gunfight and chase scenes, while trying to incorporate semi-philosophical concepts in a non-pedantic way in other parts of the movie. It was a great mix. I also liked the Juno Reactor soundtrack, which was a great change from the glut of synth stuff from the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=dEOGtKyoiPY
this scene was unadultered kino

Oh no I don't believe that. But capeshit is still capeshit.

youtu.be/hEJnMQG9ev8
youtu.be/hEJnMQG9ev8
youtu.be/hEJnMQG9ev8

Pure kino, lads

Attached: dd3f1413153e24f5a86bc875c5ba91bf.jpg (793x1224, 222K)

Rocky was at its peak, Rocky IV came out the year before. Rambo was also still rather popular and going strong. Road to Victory was also a big hit just a few years prior. Yeah, he was blockbuster material and middle aged men loved him and thought every movie was his was probably First Blood tier so they bought tickets

Not him, but CGI shit, ultra fast-paced action scenes, and those repetivie Hans-Zimmer-on-autopilot soundtracks make for very shitty movies nowadays. The day they try to bring back what made the past films great then I'll start going to the theater again. But it's absolutely brainlet to say "MUH ONLY THE PAST IS GOOD" just as it is to say "HURR YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING".

He wrote and directed the movie.

The official director is someone else who actually produced the movie while Stallone directed. The movie also claims to be based on a book, but it has nothing to do with said book, and Stallone had written the movie completely independently when working on the script for Beverly Hills Cop, which he had been attached to prior, but the movie studio told him his script was too expensive, so he dropped out, and turned it into Cobra. His original cut of the movie was over 2 hrs long and very violent and gorey, and had a half hour of footage cut so theaters could play it more, and then had more footage cut to avoid an X-rating. To date the original director's cut has never been seen by the public, but a workprint that's very rare has floated around online.

Attached: COBRA.png (496x673, 815K)

>all three of those posts are about capeshit
>Two of them being about Dredd a capeshit movie.

How fucking dumb are you?

Attached: 1554947568854.jpg (700x700, 209K)

I know America and Hong Kong were big producers of action films during that period. So was Europe to a much lesser extent. But does Japan have any kind of action cinema that could be compared to HK's at the time?

>Fury road didn't have downtime
Do you even watch the films you shitpost about

Reddit

Are you guys ready for Will Smith to save the action genre?

youtube.com/watch?v=-p-SH5OK9Jw

Attached: geman.jpg (740x1097, 911K)

How is Ang Lee attached with something that looks so low budget

Yes. And, aside from a few minutes of chatting while driving and when they reach their destination, it’s a constant car chase scene. Would not have been so bad if the setting or scenario changed.

predator
all day everyday

Japan did some pretty kickass action flicks that were like live action animes in nature, such as Female Neo Ninjas(a rare and hard to find classic). There's probably some regular action movies, but I'm not aware of many off hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcfsqU5_M50
youtube.com/watch?v=fXdjl04cLwY

Attached: female neo ninjas.jpg (230x345, 54K)

watch it again
you will not regret it

Exactly one of those posts is in response to Judge Dredd. The rest are “hurr reddit” in response to other movies. Next time, read the threads before trying to call someone dumb.

Attached: 5B71C205-9D36-4B49-9B0D-71E9491BDF78.jpg (478x523, 105K)

Don't mind me, just being the best action movie of the early nineties.

All the budget went to the technical gimmicks. He’s pulling that 120fps shit like he did in that movie about the soldier walking down a football field again.

Forgot pic

Attached: 1531140497887.jpg (1000x1290, 187K)

Literally the John Wick series
>First and second have Russian Baddies
>Third has a chink and two Indonesians as the big bad
>First is a glorious revenge film

>Notice though: He doesn't refute that he would have hated Stallone and Schwarzenegger back in the day

>Exactly one
>two of them mention Dredd

Attached: what in tardation.jpg (490x427, 72K)

NO

Attached: true-lies-2-arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg (825x464, 74K)

Of course, but this guy doesn’t have any real opinions anyway and is here to stir shit up.

One mentions dredd in a list of movies. It’s not directly about dredd, retard.

This looks like a cheap movie. Didn't they also do a whole series on that killer-for-hire adapted from a manga/anime? I can't remember the name, idk if it's worth a watch

love this film

>One mentions dredd in a list of movies
Well then it's not one post now is it?

Attached: not retarded.gif (500x377, 1.55M)

>Olympus Has Fallen
wat

>Wait a minute, this is the future, where's all the phazer guns?
Is this the most quotable movie of all time? At least top 5, right

fuck you you tasteless utter fucking pleb
new dredd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stop or my mom will shoot with futuristic versace costumes

>seashell theory still gets posted
i need to watch this again

Fury Road has pretty much the same pacing as 300. It starts to feel like a video game with the rare pauses being the equivalent of loading screens before the next level.

Well duh, I'm still not convinced you claw it out with 2 and scrape it with the 3rd. Not when we already have bidets in the current day and age. There's got to be another thing to it

>It starts to feel like a video game
Only out of touch literal boomers not the meme kind say this inane shit.

See this, user.

Attached: Alita Battle Angel (2019).jpg (674x1000, 166K)

how does it work then?

The discussion in the original post and the reply I quoted is not about Judge Dredd anymore than the post is about reddit. The post is about that user’s choice selection of modern action movies. You may now kys, ESL.

I'm convinced you have you combine them with water in some way

You're right. Most video games actually have better pacing.

how does it feel to have a mind completely governed by cliches?

then why the shells?
just blast your taint with water

A lot of Japanese action movies have the low budget look.

youtube.com/watch?v=SjtYWtumafc

youtube.com/watch?v=kRHYNiWJx9U

youtube.com/watch?v=sr3zUlwP7Pk

youtube.com/watch?v=m8D76QVbxMc

youtube.com/watch?v=jVD_7RS9tGA

That's what we're trying to figure out

No shit, retard. This thread is literally about how the in shit is terrible. Being "in touch" means enjoying the terrible action movies that inexplicably make back today.

>The discussion
No changing the subject or shifting goalposts fag, you said:

>Either explain your retarded “every modern action movie is reddit or capeshit”

I responded that two of the posts were specifically about capeshit.

Attached: 1552782332068.png (960x960, 331K)

>how does it feel to have a mind completely governed by cliches?
>John Wick
>Dredd
>Fury Road

I mean, you tell me?

Attached: fdgn26y3t5t11.jpg (634x362, 24K)

it makes no sense!
>scrape with shells, put them back, shitty shells next to toilet
>scrape with shells, put them back, use water spray to clean shells
>why not just use water spray to blast your ring?
GAAGGHHH!

capeshit happened

>I responded that two of the posts were specifically about capeshit.
>specifically about capeshit.
>specifically
You cannot be this retarded. As noted before, only one of those post was specifically about dredd.

And since you requoted my post, are you ready to stop flailing around and start explaining why every movie people mentioned in this thread is reddit?

Some Jason Statham movies were pretty good, although that may have been more than 15 years ago desu.

Based Scott Adkino

was it autism?

80's ninja kino coming through!

youtube.com/watch?v=rUOcUA0ld9Y

Attached: pray for death.jpg (500x774, 47K)

True Lies is the best action film that involves a non-broken family

>As noted before
Dude stop, you're retarded, and exposed yourself as such. No back peddling can save you at this point.

Attached: stop it.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

They reek too much of toxic masculinity, and we can't have that.

Attached: conan gets hammered.jpg (650x872, 105K)

Nice dodge, faggot. Only one of those posts were, in your words, “specifically about capeshit.” Now fucking kill yourself and stop derailing the thread.

im gen x, i have seen cobra when it orginally aired in kino (as city cobra here in germany) and karl urban was WAY better than sly as judge dredd

>Only one of those posts were
I posted both of them and called Dredd reddit, I think I know what both were about.

>Now fucking kill yourself
Why should I ,when clearly you're the one with no life? Doesn't it make more sense if you killed yourself?

So do ANY of you subscribe to Action Boyz?

Your doing yourself a disservice if you aren't and love classic action movies.

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-163211.png (720x1280, 238K)

Thanks for the suggestion

bigger. while both him and schwarzenegger produced a series of more or less forgettable action movies, there were also many other forgettable action movies with lesser known or unknown leads. so the way to get your average customer to rent the video tape of your movie was to put stallone BIGLY on the cover.

honestly, the cheap blood cgi really annoys me, it's in nearly every fucking movie now, did effects crews forget how to make those exploding blood packet thingies?

Hadn't heard of it before

Here you go, a free episode since I truly believe more people need to listen. Here they cover Double Impact staring JCVD:

1drv.ms/u/s!Agd0vAnjGN1uoQTdhYrAOzeAJxFd

Attached: Paul_Verhoeven_Cannes_2016.jpg (564x800, 101K)

They’re called squibs, and I also miss them.

>forgettable
>cobra made $150 million in 1980 dollars before capeshit
>He also starred in Demolition Man, the Rocky series, and Rambo movies, along with Cliffhanger, Tango & Cash, and Judge Dredd
>Schwarzenegger did The Running Man, Conan the Barbarian and Destroyer, Terminator 1 and 2, True Lies, Total Recall, Commando, Red Sonja, Kidergarten Cop, as well as a number of others

Imagine believing anything outside of the original Mission: Impossible movie is remotely worth watching.

>paul will never direct hard-r action films with subtext
>he will never do King Conan
>he will never do Crusade
feels bad man

Terminator 2 broke Stallone.

He was constantly chasing Schwarzenegger's sci-fi action image through the 90's.

We got the classic Verhoeven action trilogy my man.

Could be worse.

This. The first one may as well be the only one, and has all the iconic moments and scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ohws8y572KE

>Bros, why aren't action movies good anymore?

A good action movie needs unironic macho masculinity and for some reason Hollyweird doesn't do that anymore, things are only allowed to be macho if they hide behind the shield of irony.

Violent Cop looks kino. Any more like that?

Alita is fun but it's not an action movie, it's a science fantasy movie for 15-year-olds.

just go for based foreign flicks if you want an hour and a half of bloody fight scenes

Attached: ong_bak_3.jpg (1440x1080, 344K)

>Mad Max Fury Roady, John Wick, Hardcore Henry, Raid 1, Raid 2, Crank,

Oh wait you are a shitposter, fuck off and eat shit while crying about nostalgia.

Is that the one with water buffalo cavalry?

>he likes cg blood

Don't you EVER call me a retard again. I will fucking end you kid.

Slow motion didn't become as common place until The Matrix, and after that a generation of directors and film makers began aping it, because The Matrix did it.

And it was the death, because it showed you could do PG-13 action movies without the gore and on green screen sets and elaborate camera angles and shots and explosions, and not only that but make major money doing so. IT also started the decline of the overly cut muscular action heroes that had come before. I mean all of spelled the doom of the action of the action movie, It also started the progression toward capeshit, as The Matrix itself is very sci-fi and gets to the point where Neo is flying like a superhero.

So, the criteria here is, action movies before and after The Matrix, with The Matrix being like a societal door-way that once we passed through, we couldn't go back with, as the movie was a game changer.

underrated

>the thread is about older action movies
>brings up zoomer movies
>names only new movies that normies on reddit like

LITERALLY?

> I can't name very many good ones from the past 15 years
Hardcore Henry (2015)
Sicario (2015)
The Accountant (2016)
Upgrade (2018)
Wanted (2008)
All of Riddik
Priest (2011)
Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
Gods of Egypt (2016)
Marvels Daredevil Season 01 & 02
Total Recall (2012)

here is ur ((((you))) now fuck off

Pretty much this. You barely even see tits in R-rated movies now.

>the thread is about older action movies
no its about op being a faggot

>Marvels Daredevil Season 01 & 02
Why do you capeshit fags even bother?

>I can't name very many good ones from the past 15 years
>proceed to do so
>you, some random faggot says that it was not the thread's topic.

>Sicario
>action movie

youtube.com/watch?v=uxUgzyjhTDE
youtube.com/watch?v=0PMYHYUzjQE

and this is all u got?
youtube.com/watch?v=4DTpaE4Gwnk

>proceed to do so
But they're not good. I'm surprised you didn't name The Last Jedi

>you can't kill chinks anymore
>Badass one man saves the day? Nah
Olympus Has Fallen?
Was damn good.

I didn't realize tv series were movies. I also didn't realize we were counting capeshit as action movies now.

Attached: 1556836530355.jpg (1100x1760, 618K)

WHAT IS YOUR ACTION MOVIE WISHLIST!

Bond 25
> Craig Bond is not killed off.

> Lea Seydoux returns & is not killed off.

Post Craig Bond films...
> Choose a new actor but keep Craig's M, Q & Moneypenny & just don't address the change or mention the events of Craig's films in any notable way just like the franchise always has.

> Antje Traue (pic related) is cast in a major role as ether a ally or lead villain.

> They don't stop letting Bond get laid or sexualizing female characters for the sake of feminism, that said Craig's scene with Bellucci was probably the most rapey scene of the franchise so no more of that & I am down with less female characters being killed off, Severine's death in Skyfall was a big waste.

Other...
> In Hobbs & Shaw, Idris Elba's villain gets a lot of screentime to make up for him getting the shaft in Star Trek Beyond.

> Atomic Blonde receives sequels that outdo the original without becoming outlandish or silly in terms of action & stunts. Sex appeal & nudity is increased.

> Dale Brown's novels Flight of the Old Dog & maybe it's sequel Day of the Cheeth get quality theatrical adaptions. Timothy Olyphant cast as Patrick McLanahan.

> Top Gun 2 doesn't have any leftist BS, doesn't address or poke fun at the original's gay undertones, doesn't present Maverick & Charlie's relationship as having gone bad & doesn't have a weird or sad ending. (Top gun is my dad's favorite movie, I want the sequel to be inoffensive to him)

> More Military thrillers, aerial combat & military hardware porn movies in general.

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-6x7TiXIca07EQ1X.jpg (1198x900, 837K)

> confuses traditional TV series with amazon/netflix/hulu kino
> too old to understand that (((tv series))) are now 10h long movies
> still uses a single shot pistol
how old are u? get with the times, grandpa

Attached: modern pistol.png (350x181, 85K)

John Wick series?

Fury Road had none of those moron.

Half of those are absolute 0/10 shit, are you high or stupid? Fucking Total Recall remake for fuck's sake, fuck off with that shit.

Don't expect Hollywood to return to form, OP. The DTV market is where you'll find your action fix these days.

Attached: MV5BYTU2NWVjNGItNTEwNS00OGUyLWJkMGMtYTVkYTVmNzg0Nzk2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE2MTYxOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1400x2100, 1.24M)

how can it not be Conan?

They take themselves too seriously nowadays. Not enough heart and soul.

Video games and superhero movies ruined the genre. Now every action hero is a superhero. Look at what they turned the Fast and Furious characters into.

John Wick is a 14-year-old's idea of what an action movie should be: an unstoppable tank mowing down hordes of bad guys in a linear fashion, getting upgraded weapons and armor etc.

Also every bad guy army is either CGI robots/mutants, Nazis, the Russian mafia, or mercenaries who are stand-ins for/affiliated with Russian mobsters or Nazis.

that's cope. wick is fr kino mr anthony fantano sir

I saw this on tv, i loved it the ending was cheesy and predictable. But i still loved it.

>an unstoppable tank mowing down hordes of bad guys in a linear fashion
youtube.com/watch?v=sfObcMWpub4

Remaster Dirty Harry and Magnum Force in 8K.

I haven't seen it. I was only vaguely aware it existed.

>wick bad, fury road bad
>its bad because its new, I only like old things
Literally 25yo boomer from reddit yikes.

Fury Road is only interesting from a technical perspective. The movie itself is frontloaded beyond belief. It gets more and more boring as it goes on as it just retreads the same shit they had already been doing since the beginning.