Why does he speak english?

Why does he speak english?

Attached: avengers-endgame-thanos-1557753630.jpg (2048x1080, 273K)

He was thinking the same thing about us

Universal translators.

to be fair he has a very high IQ

If it's good enough for Jesus Christ it's good enough for a space alien.

Strange... Mine was speaking Russian.

It's the language of God

^this all his stats are rised to 9 out of 10.

So the movie can happen

I dont go to movies to read

Just turn off your brain

trans surgery

Because English is just fantastic.

Attached: languages33.png (1853x1642, 1.29M)

Honestly, who doesnt? Only losers

This, James "Gunning for the children" confirmed that translator implants exist for everyone in space.

The same reason he's purple, a bipedal humanoid and covered in space armor.
Because a nerd from the 80's wrote it.

GOTG establishes that universal translator implants are a thing (Quill has one).

It never makes sense in movies that take place across different planets and space all the species and everyone always speak perfect english.

I always just assume it's a writers thing just to make it easier on the audience so they dont have to read subs for everything but it still always trips me up for a moment. This is the case with so many sci fi films too, and shows. It just kind of funny

>Imagine a movie where language barrier prevents antagonists and protagonist from talking, and in the end, it turns out that that whole conflict was the result of a misunderstanding
That would unironically be kino, and such things did happen historically.

The Sound Stone in his glove translated everything Thanos said into every language of everyone who could hear him.

Attached: 1557618408142.png (800x891, 1.53M)

watch Arrival

then how come not everyone understands groot? and when people do understand him, the guardians are surprised like “wow how can you understand groot”?

Groot's language can't be translated conventionally, it relies on body language and context to be understood.

Why doesn't his sword make sense?

well in star wars isn’t it just called “basic”?

it’s funny actually cause i could be able to accept it if it was a parallel universe, but “a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...” implies that star wars takes place in our universe just a long time ago

sooo english was invented in a distant galaxy a long time ago? but here on earth we just happened to make up the EXACT same language eventually? interesting

Does it translate his farts?

so you HAVE to be looking at groot to understand him? why even have it be a language if it’s all body language with the same 3 words? it’s just sign language at that point. how about calling him? can groot speak groot over the phone?

capeshit

I have, and I didn't enjoy it very much (I loathe time traveler).

is esperanto a language?

Yep. Intonation and stressing of the individual words are also important. He can speak it over the phone but it's very difficult to understand.

I'm just fucking with you. Go bother James Gunn if you care so much about capeshit lore.

I get that for space characters, but what about Asgardians?

Attached: plot device.jpg (276x335, 31K)

They're space characters.

Universal magic translators.

>I was elected to _lead

Sneed

Go both ways.

He too was cursed with knowledge.

Why is his sword designed so a blade is always pointed at himself?

So I guess Cap america Can't understand thanos?

English is the only language that matters.

>Not to read

English is the most advanced language in the universe.

They work both ways brainlet.

underrated

Because when you stab the enemy, you're also stabbing yourself.
It's symbolic, my dude.

Attached: 1557471822824.jpg (350x371, 14K)

To be perfectly balanced in the middle, as it should be.

>Why does he speak english?
This is on par with

>Why are we able to see his actions on film? Why is there a soundtrack? Why is there craftmanship at work? Why is it edited?

The simple answer is that going Gibson's way for realism would have been as costly as it would have been counterproductive. Yes, we know, if this was real, Thanos would speak his native tongue, instead of English, but that would make for shite drama as we'd need to rely on subs or other contrived bullshit.

It's one of those cases where you must absolutely shove your autism up your own ass and willingly suspend your disbelief.

Have sex.

so he can fly away if he spins it fast enough.
JUST READ THE COMICS DUDE

Universally recognized as the best language because only the smartest people can use it correctly.

He learned it by listening to Tupac in the 90s