Is Star Wars a dying franchise?

Is Star Wars a dying franchise?

Attached: 1537989563612.jpg (1400x788, 82K)

maybe

It fucking made several billions in the last 5 years, so you tell me
TFA and TLJ not only revived the franchise, which were in a dire situations after the disaster the prequels were, but also open an all new market by targeting women and PoC audience.

Honestly stop believing in this shit memes from Yea Forums that the franchise is in a bad place, it is exactly where it needs to be. Remember facts always facts : nobody got fired after TLJ, no actor’complained (Hamill doesn’t count), the alleged drop in BO is the usual and toy sales are solid.

>prequels
>disasters
How dare you! How absolutely dare you!

Test

They are objectively mediocre. Actually, mediocrity would be an improvement for these movies

>TLJ grossed significantly less than TFA
>Solo bombed
>Toy sales are down
>multiple spin-offs are canned
>no hype surrounding episode IX whatsoever
S-Star Wars isn’t dead, guys!

the toys do not sell

Now this is bait

You young fellas take a look here, this is old school Yea Forums trolling

Not even the legos?! Can I actually find those cheap now, oh shi...

>Hamil's opinion
>Not counting
what?

It's not dying but it'll never have the potential to make Avatar or Endgame numbers since the Chinese aren't interested in it and those that do sympathize more with the Empire.

Legos do not sell and they’re still expensive as fuck, fucking LEGOS. Do I have to remind how Star Wars and Bionicles basically saved LEGO from bankruptcy?

>but also open an all new market by targeting women and PoC audience
So women and blacks weren't able to enjoy the older movies?

Considering they paid $4 billions just to be allowed to use the brand, it's safe to say they haven't made $1 of benefit yet. If they ever get those $4B back, the franchise will be dead and buried. They're certainly counting on Indiana Jones too, but Ford is fuck old and if they want to pick a new Indie, they better not do like they did with the Solo film.

> dying franchise?
Implying it's not already dead

G2 Bionicle was mishandled by beta cuck bronys.

Attached: soy.png (652x356, 404K)

Damn it this depresses me.

Is there any hype for EP 9? I can't tell.

Ofcourshh

>So women and blacks weren't able to enjoy the older movies?

The OT has exactly 2 women and 1 black person across 3 films. No, they cannot enjoy that trilogy.

We're getting a Black Indiana Jones reboot and you know it. Complete with full "if you don't support the movie then you're a RACIST!" mainstream media marketing blitz.

It's a pathetic movie franchise now.

Attached: media.io_Posted without comment (1).webm (360x360, 761K)

(you)

>you can only enjoy a character if they have the same skin colour or genitalia as you

selling to disney was the smartest god damn thing lucas ever did
absolute legend, absolute unit

imagine retiring as a king from selling a flaming sinking ship to some retards who wanted to strip the copper wires out of it first

>>you can only enjoy a character if they have the same skin colour or genitalia as you

You jest, but we're on our second generation of minorities who were raised to think exclusively in terms of identity politics and superficial diversity is now a major criteria in all forms of media before it can be approved for mass consumption.

If I was to use two words to describe the future of Star Wars they’d be “Diminishing Returns”

>you can only enjoy a character if they have the same skin colour or genitalia as you

That is literally the cornerstone of the progressive ideology. Millions of people believe this to the word. Biggest corporations in the world shill this non-stop.
Remember that hit song from Maroon 5 about women? Go watch it and look up every single female that appears in there - they all shill it, all of them are identitarians.

>>you can only enjoy a character if they have the same skin colour or genitalia as you

This Is What Liberals Actually Believe (but unironically).

>the most recognizable characters actor doesn’t count

Spotted the cocksucker

>movies go from a vibrant adaptation of myth and golden age pulp sci-fi to crones literally lecturing the audience on toxic masculinity because someone dared to ask a question
>cartoons go from 'headstrong protagonists with a bickering family dynamic to 'black dyke running a chop shop shits on the hapless asian dude constantly for being privileged while male'
IDK, you tell me.

And those are the GOOD parts of the current franchise. Now try reading one of Marvel's current SW comics or one of Chuck Wendig's SW novels. Those things are written with absolutely NO audience in mind.

>exactly where it needs to be
Hey Bran

yeah I've seen the storytimes. Vader's character has been absolutely butchered, no matter what the gorefags say.

I thought Reddit left after GoT ended but now it seems that they're here to stay.

Attached: 1465386497739.jpg (313x286, 17K)

Maybe on Yea Forums. In the real world it's still one of the worlds biggest franchises and one of the only things people seem to talk about

Attached: 2117226566_5945d2aace_b.jpg (768x1024, 188K)

>Is Star Wars a dying franchise?
People said the same thing when the Prequels came out. And I am old enough to tell you they were saying SW was dying in the mid 80s when ROTJ was forgotten by that point and all the SW action figs were dead stock.

But SW survived. No matter how you judge the quality of the Disney movies, the majority of the millions of SW fans are optimistic and will keep SW alive. Only a small miority of SW fans say it is dying or wish it was dead because of the Disney movies.

That's the truth the haters wont tell you, because the haters want to make you believe all SW fans hate SW, in their attempt to make you join them and hate it too. Its just not true.

Attached: EP6_BTS_2348 copy.jpg (2100x1397, 910K)

No, its already dead.

So far they've been replacing white male leads by white women exclusively

>Hamill doesn’t count

Attached: Emperor-Palpatine-meme-from-Star-Wars.jpg (1000x500, 101K)

If all that’s true wouldn’t it be self evident and then this thread wouldn’t exist

Attached: wendig 3.jpg (800x774, 289K)

Yes. The only thing that can save it and my dick is a spin-off with interspecies romance and blue girls getting HUMANED.
t. blue skin fetishist

Attached: 1889438 - Chiss Star_Wars The_Old_Republic.jpg (1191x670, 106K)

George knew what the fuck he was doing, without him it's simply irrelevant what happens to this franchise.It's fan fiction tier at this point so no reason to care about that garbage.
Also prequels were great.

dying? no. whithering? most definitely.

it's 9/10 but then he had to go and ruin it prematurely:
topkek, pic related

Attached: draper-laugh.jpg (409x393, 19K)

>nobody got fired after TLJ
Head of that female story group got fired.

Yeah, dead.

Disney Wars was so bad it can't recover, and the theater-going public only wants to watch the Marvel Movie, over and over and over...

no, it's a dead franchise

The story group was always half men

*half AMAB

>New movie
>New video game
>A dozen new comics
>New animated series
>Three live action tv shows

No, it’s just fine

> no actor’complained (Hamill doesn’t count)

Attached: john hates 8.jpg (1080x862, 85K)

I'm pretty sure there are lots of brown nerds who loved the OT

SW is so dead it can hardly keep a click-bait thread alive on Yea Forums.

THAT dead. :l

Finn was shit in 7 too.

Yes, but I wish it died already.

>implying it's not already dead

P O E T R Y

Attached: POETRY.jpg (2798x900, 699K)

It died already

D&D are going to handle It now, what do you think

Sort of. Their plan is to drive away all the fans and draw in others and purely use the SW name to make the series into whatever they desire. I just watched a video that claims 9 is going to rewrite the prequels and the OT, and I believe it. They rebuilt the Emperor's throne room and it isn't in ruins, it's for a flashback-they hired and younger actor to play Luke in Return of the Jedi and "reveal" the truth about the Skywalkers. There's also a flashback of Darth and Luke on Bespin. Star Wars is going full-retard.

They'll reboot the entire franchise around Doctor Aphra.

a younger actor

Oh Star Was, it was fun while it lasted. I-VI is all that matters. RotJ had the best ending.

>which were in a dire situations after the disaster the prequels were
Prequels were a commercial success, as were the byproducts, such as toys and games.
Same can't be said about Disney Wars.

quality>quantity

Leave star wars to us.

Attached: star wars.jpg (640x799, 134K)

>lightsabers become literal penises

Based and chisspilled