twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it looks like it could be great.

>the book was unironically great
>it was also edgy fedora cringe
>the show will be all cringe but no based
I never asked for these feels

Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=0Qz8L4KaTss

For people who don't know, BBC is far far far left feminist dominated now.

So if you don't like that, you won't like pretty much anything they put out anymore.

It's literally furry fantasy son, I discover it through a furry forum back in 2008. Take it guest.
Pic related is the next kino

Attached: 46654.jpg (232x350, 18K)

I never read the book. But I don't like the word dark and this show has a nignog up front, so I probably won't watch this anyway.
Unless the memes are good that is.

>BBC

Attached: Isildur.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

No. It's a kids book with no nudity and the plot is all about fedora tipping.

>liking furry memes

>polreddit boomers don't even recognise based lester

Attached: lester.jpg (500x377, 49K)

>the plot is all about fedora tipping.
it's an alternate universe. so it's ok

There isn't enough plot to carry it more than a few seasons, plus the final book spends a significant part of its time on pseudo-intellectual philosophy and an hippie-alien utopia that's also an extremely obtuse allegory for more pseud garbage.
I don't know why they think they can even adapat it.

unfilmable

... there's easily enough setting and characters to give 10 seasons with competent writing
I'll be disappointed if they don't spend atleast an hour with comfy worldbuilding and oxford and rooftop gypsey kid shit at the start before the story takes off. That's like 10 minutes in the dreadful film. Ideally it would be 2 or more full hour episodes with just that.

>the book was unironically great
>it was also edgy fedora cringe
>the show will be all cringe but no based
>I never asked for these feels
What this guy said.

like what's stopping them, from doing an hour of lee scorsby in the middle of the series. They could blow it all out so much.

Hell i'd be happy with an entire season before mrs coulter even takes lyra and the story actually starts.

We'll probably get 6 episodes for the first book and that's fine.

but it could be a LOT more.

>No. It's a kids book with no nudity and the plot is all about fedora tipping.
It's fun to watch brainlets who think God was the BBEG out themselves.

They have to go from oxford to svalbard in one season, otherwise nothing significant happens in the story and the season finale has to be some anti-climax. You guys might think oxford is comfy or whatever, but to everyone else, it's an adventure story with an overarching mystery, which is why both the book and (judging by the trailer) the show finish in svalbard.
Either way, the golden compass is a easier book to film than the other two. Pretty much nothing happens in the subtle knife other than a couple of character introductions and the addition of the knife. And the final book is basically unfilmable without major alterations, due to how boring and hamfisted the Scientist woman's bits are and how preachy the anti-church themes are.
If anything you could film all three books in a one or two seasons and still have time for filler episodes.

I know that's what they will do. They'll rush it. Not as bad as the film, but they'll rush it. I'm simply saying that there are the bones there for a good sprawling series that lasts the 8-10 season life of a long lived show.

A successful adaptation will require writers competent enough to take vast creative license anyway, even if they don't.
Screenwriting is more than you think it is.

>I'm simply saying that there are the bones there for a good sprawling series that lasts the 8-10 season life of a long lived show.
Dude, no. No matter how filler subplots they stuck between the major plot points, there just isn't enough happening in the primary plot to keep people watching for that long, not to mention that the child actors would be in their mid twenties by the end of it.

i want 3 seasons of rooftop gypsey wars damnit and they can re-cast lyra if they have to or fix it in post

>BBC is far far far left feminist dominated now.

even in the documentaries they go out of their way to make sure everybody on camera saying something authoritative is female. Its such obvious propaganda.

Huh, the tone seems strange, Who is the black guy, supposed to be, Lee?

I read this as a kid and I never noticed any Christian undertones.

lin manuel miranda is lee
>'the black guy'
have you cunts really not seen The Wire?
It's lester and he's the oxford head dude who gives lyra the alithiometer

you're kidding me...

fuck off cunt it's a fantasy world

there's no racial reason they can't do that and the actor is based and has the perfect temperament

This. I won’t bother even trying it.

You must have been one dumbshit kid.

plus he barely even matters in the story, he's just there at the setup
and the other black guy is farder coram i think who is already a gypsey so theres really no love lost

Oh, I mixed it up and thought it was supposed to be pro-Christian. Never mind.

Who is Lord Commander guy from GoT then? One of the gypsy guys?

why do you want kids books with nudity so bad user?

No James McAvoy is too big of a star for TV so there will be a two year gap between each season of the show