Why is Hollywood doing this?

Why is Hollywood doing this?

I agree that average man without roids won't look like fucking Thor on the left, but he's Thor, he's supposed to be a Norse god, GOD, not a human. Men always strive to be better and Thor was a good example.

Why the fuck did they ruin him?

Attached: thor.jpg (1060x799, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai
mobile.twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/1126183215742574592
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fat Thor was kino. Only a woman would complain about him not being a ripped gigachad anymore.

Listen, you need to be more fat accepting you fucking sexist, racist misogynist incel.

It was a tribute to his friend volstagg

this

retard

Why the fuck won't he ruin ME?

Attached: 3CECE814-049D-4426-A251-80A228F61B1F.jpg (750x422, 114K)

Boomer Thor is great tho

he isnt a god, he is asgardian you fucking idiot.

>norse god
>disneythor
please stop appropriating my culture

Being fat is cool, keep wasting money on fast food and medical bills, have more prescriptions on your next doctor appointment like a good goy!

Attached: who-needs-gym_c_7167081.jpg (500x564, 126K)

Wish he would be my ass Guardian if you know what I mean

Attached: CB9C6FB5-380D-44F2-93B1-F3E15FA246E3.jpg (634x949, 89K)

And? Odin is literally above Thanos levels of power. If that isn't a god then I don't know what is.

The nordic god and capeshit "thor" shares mostly the name, not much else

To push Captain Marvel
Simple

put a fedora and trench coat on the right and it's practically, m'lady.

It's so Yea Forums has somebody they can relate to.

no, i actually don't know what you mean, can you please tell me?

He was depressed, mate. They played up the comedic aspect of it a bit too much, but he was depressed and suffering from panic attacks.

Are you fucking new here? Positive depictions of straight white men are cancelled.

Plus they emphasized how even though he was in the state he's in he was still worthy to wield Mjolnir.

>people think he was portrayed negatively

Odin literally says they are not gods, in the MCU they are basically just strong aliens with a different style of technology

Odin was literally a dying old fart with dementia.

>If that isn't a god then I don't know what is
clearly

that's how men are supposed to look like

>Gods cant be fat

?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x622, 61K)

rumor has it he's a wearing a dress in a comic relief sequence next movie

This unironically. Most the people I've seen that complained about this are literally women who are butthurt that they can't thirst over Thor in Endgame.

the actor was growing tired of portraying Thor and he made the petition to make him funnier like Tony Stark and all those other reddit approved super heroes

it worked, thor ragnarok is one of the best marvel movies

Buddha was skinny tho, he lived off of a grain a rice a day for years. Keanu played him in a movie once

i’m femanon and chunky thor is cute. any woman who would not fuck him is mentally weak

The Buddha was never fat.
That commercial funny fat statue everyone has in their home is of a monk who went from ripped and gorgeous to fat on purpose because people wouldn't stop comparing his looks to that of the Buddha.
Ironic.

It was kind of weird that despite being so fat you can still fight Thanos no problem. Like they just forgot he was out of shape at that point. Cool fight though

He got absolutely fucked in IW, and realizing that killing Thanos wouldn't change anything did even more damage. Expecting anything else to happen to him after that is just being delusional.

Attached: 1553190293869.png (452x710, 320K)

They really had him fatten up? I thought it was just padding and make-up. Ridiculous.
Reminder that having more fat makes your body produce more oestrogen, don't follow Thor's bad example.

>budai = / = buddha
>the OG buddha is "Gautama Buddha" (the indian prince).
>Budai (the Laughing Buddha) is an entirely different person.

>ie, buddha is a title or more accurately the name for a state of transcendence, anyone can be called "buddha" if they achieve Nirvana
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai

i didnt say he was -the- buddha. He is one but not the same as the other buddha people think of

This. My only problem with Fat Thor is that his stomach didn't look like an actual fat person's stomach. Just look at that picture on the OP. No fat person looks like that.

>what happens when muh superhero struggles with grandiosity and failure
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1425525149430.jpg (900x900, 75K)

Attack on masculinity. Same reason for what they did to hulk.

That isn't Thor in op's picture, it is Thure, who is completely different and fat.

>Keanu played him in a movie once

>look it up

>wtf its true

Attached: 741.jpg (680x375, 36K)

we are all buddha fag

That's what you get for memeing about boomers so much.
They made a Marvel hero into one.

Buddha isn't a god
also the real Buddha was a lanklet

yep, impotence, depression, giving up, useless.
only the group of super-wymyn can save the day

chill the fuck out. of all the ways PTSD could manifest for thor, getting fat and becoming an alcoholic was the funniest and the only way Disney was gonna even touch PTSD as a subject

Iron Man 3

MCU Thor has always been a joke. The truth is the MCU neglects to adapt what makes Marvel heroes interesting in the comics. The movies purposely avoid the implications, consequences and ambiguety of the most dramatic situations only to shallowly depict stuff like depression or mourning. The only comic adaptation movie to actually delve into that was Watchmen and normies hated it so, the MCU doesn´t really take anything too seriously and serious stuff is phased out for the sake of the target audience. So you get this kind of parodies instead. This aproach will always limit the dramatic potential of super hero adaptations and condemn them to be nothing more than forgettable flicks.

Apparently emasculating men like this is fine but they won't dare do this with any of the women

lol shut the fuck up. First off, if you're actually knowledgable about Thor, Iron Man, or Captain America, or the Avengers in general you can cut the pompous front like you have any insight into the upper echelons of art. Second, if you're not knowledgable about those characters then this post is a baseless claim pulled out your ass. These characters each have had 10+ comic book runs that lasted for multiple years, each inconcistent in quality and often times held to no standards at all were hilariously mediocer with the occasional good run or issue that is solidified in history as "the good stuff". All the interesting aspects are present, you bitch and complain but don't bring up what hidden depths Thor isn't exploring or Captain America could be but isnt. Probably because you dont know what youre talking about.

Is left really impossible natty?

Black Widow cant have kids, which is quite literally taking away the thing that connects her to her feminimity. Mantis is functionally retarded despite being a martial arts master in the books, and Scarlet Witch's powers are based on her emotional instability. So from a logical perspective you're wrong, its likely Carol will become an alcoholic later too.

How is it emascilating he's still built and has a hot face despite getting depressed

because captain marvel and her agenda

>People getting this upset over a joke
I never really bought the "/pol/ are the new SJW's" thing until now

That is a fat suit

How does one emasculate women when they're already women?

My granpa looks exactly like that. Just older.

They literally did with Black Widow back then, see That decision even pissed off a lot of women

Seriously
>multiple scenes of men vs Thanos
>women team up to fight Thanos
>KJSGHOIUFDGHADRH
>internal logic, lore, and rules allow for this to happen while maintaining consistency
>literal double standard, cant rationalize why seeing women is causing irritation
>reee

Attached: 1430276216859.jpg (225x545, 208K)

isn't the the god of thunder?

>Gods can't be fat
But you were also ok with North gods being asian and black?

Attached: tumblr_lizkqxrtil1qiam50o1_500.jpg (500x568, 231K)

>being fat is emasculating
fuck you guys

I dun whant eet.

this, life sucks everything is sad im so depressed, but you're still worthy is a great message for depressed kids (target audience)

he's an asgardian god you fucking retard

Funny, because the writers specifically reference Volstagg when they conceptualized fat Thor.

>I thought it was just padding and make-up
>That is a fat suit

It's the year 2019. We have these things called computers

so "strongfat" manchildren could feel like they are actually "muscly underneath"

>fat
>small nipples
this ain't right

How the fuck can't you know that?

Did they have Hemsworth actually ruin his body for that or did they strap a prosthetic torso on him?
It's a weird physique. Very few people with guts and moobs like that have traps and forearms as developed like that, even if many fatsos have good upper arms just by default

My uncle's belly looks like that.

Valkyrie was an alcoholic in Thor Ragnarok. Widow got sexually fucked up by her training, Nebula gets belittled and tortured by thanos pretty often. Scarlet Witch loses her entire family and is emotionally screwed. Try paying more attention next time.

tits or get out

>2k19
>he's surprised Jews hate white men

Look at his wrists dummy

Marvel Thor is highly powered, but even he hit slumps. I liked it because it was a hero at his lowest point. He has to earn the glory back, not magically, which would be terrible. Also, MCU Odin is a tad portly, do you expect a gigachad with elderly Anthony Hopkin’s face?

Attached: 6589F0DF-DF68-40B1-AE5A-B82D2FD357CC.jpg (800x413, 41K)

first of all, that's budai, not buddha. secondly, he's literally a deity, which is a god

they started this in infinity war when he talked to rocket in that spaceship. at the end of infinity war he already was a broken men. fat thor was necessary to show how he suffers from all the things that happened to him.

But it literally is. Can you not see his wrists?

Damn, he's better than ever. In both Transformers and as Odin he was fucking perfect.

No goober
mobile.twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/1126183215742574592

Attached: D8800D0E-F923-41E5-8F8E-2D4857DFA22E.png (750x1334, 3.65M)

>Wow such humble much modestly

Is this how fatasses get away with everything?

Attached: 1555614623246.gif (500x270, 1009K)

I sort of agree. You usually don't see the hang down flap at such light levels of weight. Usually by the time there's a flap, there's more on the sides, more on the arms, more on the neck, etc. You do see a flap like that in a woman that just gave birth.

In the comics the characters are basically more flawed and find themselves in greyer more ambiguous situations, not to mention the comics take the time to deal with consequences untill inevitably that leads to rebooting the whole thing. The repercusions of Ragnarok or Civil War would be good examples. You´ll never see the MCU Thor having to decide between saving an Asgardian and a human from Midgard, you´ll never see the MCU spiderman dealing with the dilema of revealing his secret identity because of the ongoing guilt he feels for the death of Gwen, you´ll never see the MCU Hank Pym trying to better himself, to overcome his drinking problems and his domestic violent side. You know, complex situations that push characters to the limit and transform them. There was a time at the very begining of the MCU where this seemed possible even if they did it in a different way than in the comics but that possibility was lost among useless sequels and whatnot.

LOL i really love this fat Thor, he becomes so chill, playing fortnite and shit talk over mic

Yeah youll also never see Captain America get shot by a magic time travel ray gun that sends him hurtling through WWII on a mini series adventure that exists to sell the "death" of Captain America in the MCU. God, you're fucking retarded and Civil War the movie was much better and more consice than that meaningless clusterfuck of action figures smashing into each other. And for the record most of those oh so complex dilemas have been in these movies just with different characters that you know full well werent availaible because of the rights at the right time. Just stick to the fucking comics then, I stopped reading that shit years ago. You literally are complaining you're not getting what you're familiar with and have read before already, how fucking childish.

I am not complaining. I am just stating the fact that they´ll never go for a more interesting dramatic aproach. I accepted the MCU is nothing more than just mindless forgettable entertainment years ago (which is neither good nor bad, it just is). This means that while these movies are decent fun they´ll never be actually good meaningful movies.

Feige is a fan of the comics, the ultimate goal is to appriach the strange, cosmic, and existential, but as of now they admit they dont know how audiences will accept those kinds of characters. Maybe once they branch out of ultimate tie in events like the Infinity Gauntlet they will start being more creative, they only used Thanos because he's the perfect punching bag for everyone.

Is this real? How did he lose this much muscle that fast? Jesus

What does it feel like to be attractive and desirable to women?

Attached: 1554606552826.jpg (400x400, 29K)

a million bucks.

>people try to make a living from their shitty live
>gets mocked for it
I fucking hate this generation

it's meh, because you also get sexually harassed by gay guys

You know nothing about Buddhism if you think that

>face doesn't gain any fat
>nothing you can't hide with a baggy shirt and sucked in stomach

is this what women thinks happen to handsome men when they gain weight

Budai is a Buddha. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Depending on what sect of Buddhism you look into, most saw the Buddha as being a man. The Buddha himself saw himself as being just a man. While he was extraordinary, he wasn't a god

nu-male thor.
Fuck DIsney

because hes not exactly FAT. its not fat thor. its out of shape beer belly thor. beer WILL give you that gut, and he drinks a lot of it

Attached: Beer.jpg (1200x630, 99K)

No, the message was that you can get off your ass and do something instead of playing vidya and drinking all day.

lord of thunder

Attached: 11-jeff-goldblum.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 158K)

Imagine being mediocre looking and only having gay guys chase you

It fucking sucks

Naahhh
It showed that inspite of being fat and depressed, he can still be a hero and is worthy. And also that he was never supposed to be a king

why do I gotta be a wristlet bros? I just want huge sexy forearms, why has god forsaken me?

I can't be the only one who thinks he's still hot af inspite of being fat? Or cute atleast?

>i actually don't know what you mean
what did he mean by this?

Some of us are heterosexuals. I mean not a lot of us, but still.

As a straight dude, I know I have a guy crush on Captain America and Thor.

it's a fatsuit

They needed to nerf him otherwise he could 1v1 zero stones Thanos w Stormbreaker

Lebowski Thor is KINO

I'm more of an Ant-man kinda guy myself.

Google Daniel Cormier. This is what you look like if you were highly muscular then turned fat while somehow retaining muscle

Because it made sense he let himself go due to the depression of losing his home and people.

its joke

>replies pondering over Hemsworth's muscles
Can't believe people here can be this dumb. Hemsworth's physique is same as before. It was just a FAT SUIT.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand I couldn't believe they were making a kids hero a miserable alchoholic who cried to his mom but in practice I actually really commend it.

First off fat Thor with a beard was the most Viking looking Hemsworths Thor has ever been and secondly I do like the message that even warrior gods hit rock bottom sometimes and it's good and healthy to talk to someone about it and it's good to talk to your mom.

Kinda like how TNG did some good in my life helping me to talk about my problems when i grew up because those characters always did.

Just so happens the scene was great too and Thors mom was a highlight.

>No fat person looks like that.
We'd all know!

you have to go back

Attached: your_shit___fuck_it.png (485x409, 196K)

That's your opinion. MCU brings out flawed characters that's why it's so relatable and admired.

The same ripped Thor would be the same as Infinity War. Vengeance again. It was refreshing to see a depressed (and fat) hero. Plus his convo with his mum was gold.

Shows that he's still worthy. And he's still a God. Plus it's fucking Thor, who's to say he won't be ripped in the next one.