What caused the resurgence of clown based entertainment

What caused the resurgence of clown based entertainment

Attached: m08lbxwkqcz21.png (670x500, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

psychotic clowns are an underused trope in pop culture

HELP HELP STAR WARS HAS FALLEN

Attached: HELP.png (522x532, 219K)

last jedi has less views than Joker too, but Joker won't make even half the money that TLJ did.
That's because Star Wars has big boomer audience that doesn't watch trailers

which reminds me

Attached: 0X1QoXO.png (705x394, 55K)

>release figures
all that matters is cost vs revenue stop posting useless shit.

Yeah but that audience dropped Star Wars. You remember Solo right?

I thought Disney was desperately trying to get rid of the old audience of star wars.
And Solo proves they were successful.

Solo was doomed from the moment it was announced. No one was gonna watch Han Solo movie without Ford.

But it had "Star Wars" in the title. Do you remember how hard it bombed? A big ass release with Star Wars in the title and was one of the biggest flops of the decade!! No way Rian Johnson didn't do it on purpose

So this means Episode 9 will make 390 million worldwide if your logic is correct

So Rian Johnson sabotaged a movie that wasn't even in production when he started making TLJ

It's honestly possible it makes under 500mil

>No one was gonna watch Han Solo movie
Doubt. Being shit was its problem

Those who find the current world something deserving of mockery and ridicule frequently have interesting things to say.

That’s yet another problem with the narrative of the new Star Wars films. The good guys in the story aren’t agents of change trying to topple the status quo, but to preserve it. That’s part of why Ren and, to a lesser extent, the First Order, are more interesting.

thread theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE

Not really. It opened pretty subpar in the first place. Opening weekends are generally not affected by the movie's quality. Legs are.

>flood the market with Force Awakens, Rogue One, Last Jedi and Solo
>none are very good, some are downright terrible
>people lose interest

Ep 9 would have to be godlike to repair the damage

Defending the status quo is a fine motive but the audience was expected to read a prequel book to know wtf they were defending

It goes deeper than that. 30 years on, and the Galaxy doesn’t seem markedly different(or even better) than it was under Imperial control. When you first watch Star Wars, you get the whole vibe of oppression that the Empire represents. It is your quintessential David and Goliath story, a band of ragtag rebels opposing an all-encompassing, monolithic power. You get exactly none of that vibe from the sequels. I can’t understand why anyone would care about the New Republic. They were incompetent, ineffectual, and couldn’t even be assed to make any noticeable changes.

That's it. I'm applying to clown collage!

they paid 6 billions for that

Attached: 1554735633717.png (600x583, 253K)