Will DC ever be able to top this moment?

Even people who hate capeshit loved this scene

Attached: bringmethanos.jpg (511x387, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rLL11dEMGdU
youtube.com/watch?v=rLL11dEMGdU
youtube.com/watch?v=DaZDTiR4F2U
youtube.com/watch?v=VrQjWr8bKQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The intro scene to The Dark Knight Rises.
The final hour of Man of Steel
The warehouse scene in BvS
Shazam's encounter with Dr. Shivana in the toy store.
Next thread

this was shit so probably

> Previous movie established Thor did not need the hammer, even gave him an awesome lightning sword and attack
> Thor driven by dumb rage
> Thor acting retarded just because Loki 'died' for the third or fourth time this series.

KEK

Easily, TDK is still the best capeflick ever

>dc vs marvel
you're either a shill or been brainwashed by shills to think dc and marvel are like fucking sports teams battling each other. this shit is promoted so both companies can extract as much money from you as possible. so if you're partial to characters from one company you STILL go see the movies from the other company just to see how their capeshit compares. it's top jew.

You seem like an angry avaturd lol, cope harder faggot

If the whole point of ragnarok's story was that Thor's power didn't come from a hammer, why did he need a new one in this movie?

to kill thanos and beat the gauntlet

>You seem like an angry avaturd lol
actually, i'd watch capeshit over avatar any day. only made it through like 40 minutes of avatar before turning it off.

sure

Attached: DC.jpg (881x1490, 255K)

>If the whole point of ragnarok's story was that Thor's power didn't come from a hammer
i've only seen this capeshit movie and that final 20 minutes of the movie was fucking amazing. scene in OP's post comparable?

>>If the whole point of ragnarok's story was that Thor's power didn't come from a hammer
>i've only seen this capeshit movie and that final 20 minutes of the movie was fucking amazing. scene in OP's post

the scene is amazing by any standard but it really flows if you watch the entire movie which is masterfully paced and especially the scenes leading into the moment. it's like the ragnarok power discovery but better

I liked Immigrant Song scene more. Thunder sound effects were great.

Attached: 1557207997579.jpg (1649x1836, 427K)

>The intro scene to The Dark Knight Rises.
>The final hour of Man of Steel
>The warehouse scene in BvS

Nice

>the scene is amazing by any standard but it really flows if you watch the entire movie which is masterfully paced and especially the scenes leading into the moment. it's like the ragnarok power discovery but better
what movie is it? also, can you link to yt of the scene? like i said i only know ragnarok.

youtu.be/rLL11dEMGdU

youtube.com/watch?v=rLL11dEMGdU

scene makes no sense (he didn't even know about Wakanda and heard Thanos say he would be in Titan) and looks like shit

Attached: 32123123.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Superman's Death in BvS
>mic drop

SHUT IT DOWN

Guys, something about Chris makes me feel kinda weird. I just can’t put my finger in it.

Attached: 951C6BD1-C318-4DDE-A194-44A3055A6F6B.jpg (750x422, 114K)

Well considering it was absolute garbage that made no sense at all, maybe

Endgame is already forgotten

Attached: IMG_2386.jpg (600x300, 39K)

thanks guys

watched it. gave me genuine fag chills but i still think the last part of ragnorak is better

Every bit of this.

Absolutely beautiful.

The soundtrack alone is enough to give me chills.

overpowered Thor was pure capekino

Attached: ru966ciy7q121.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>overpowered thor would get BTFO by Captain Marvel
sorry sweetie

So why didn't they already?

They fucked up with how they introduced Danvers. If they wanted someone more powerful than Thor and the Hulk, it should have been Nova. What makes it better is that Nova’s power level is a variable instead of a constant. It’s easy to buy into a corps of space cops sharing a power supply but getting BTFO, leaving one guy with access to all of it, but his body not being able to handle it.

Now we’ve got this invincible Mary Sue who’s been traipsing around the cosmos for twenty years, but somehow managed to not only do nothing about Thanos, but to have never even heard of him.

Rogue will hold onto her and sap her power

You mean the "God" who gave away Asgard to black people and saves an African ethnostate with no full citizenship status as thanks?
I'd call that cucked.

strong cringe

what

in all seriousness you have to be either a manchild or or a 10yo if this made you feel moved, that music, that lack of violence, thatepic pose they do when they arrive... it literally looks like something out of a cartoon or a videogame

Just a theory but in ragarok they establish that Hela's powers grow stronger and are linked to Asgard, which is destroyed at the end of the movie. It might be safe to assume that Thor's powers were also drawn from Asgard as well and that's why when he fought Thanos at the beginning of IW he didn't use his powers. The axe restored his powers. But this is capeshit so just turn your brain off

Oof you sure showed him

>why did the comic book movie felt like a comic book adaptation?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 64K)

Topped it like a year ago

Attached: download (1).png (1023x563, 719K)

Attached: 1556996703115.gif (293x440, 1.71M)

Yikes.

All of these were far better desu.

That and moon scene were the only good scenes in the whole movie. And in endgame probably too.

what the fuck is moon scene?

He's probably referring to that scene where Thor "survived the full blast of a star" or whatever.

Where Thanos drop the moon

Wakanda arrival, pre snap, strange fight, thanos children in NY, thor meets guardians are all better

>pre snap,
>What are you even talking about? What was so better in that scene?
>strange fight,
Meh, i disagree
>thanos children in NY
Well, yeah, fight was better, but not that epic
>thor meets guardians
Are you copying my voice?

pre snap and the build up to it was epic and haunting, everything from thanos getting time stone until the end was perfection

You mean "You should go for the head"?

Marvel has
>Thor arriving in Wakanda
>fight in Titan
>Captain America lifting Mjolnir
>the portals scene where literally everyone shows up

>DC has
nothing, sorry boys

>fight in Titan
which looks like a mobile game

look straight, you donut.

Attached: godron.jpg (480x360, 13K)

what's the 3rd?Aquaboi?

He didn’t need it to use lightning, he did need it because it’s fucking weapon

You're forgetting:
Watchmen intro
All of Rorschach's journal entries
Rorschach's first kill
And the bane scene

The Axe amplifies his powers

Reminder that DC cucks take this war seriously while Marvel Chads know it's just funny shitposting but they do it because it makes DCucks really angry

Yes

Thor was depowered in endgame

watchmen intro is purest kino but the journal entries were cringe because they clearly didn’t fit the pace of the movie. it’s comic dialogue that is spread over a few panels. it feels completely out of place while rorsarch is breaking into manhattan’s lab and sounds laughable being said by an actual voice. the first kill scene completely loses all subtlety from it’s comic incarnation

>>Thor arriving in Wakanda
>>fight in Titan
>>Captain America lifting Mjolnir
>>the portals scene where literally everyone shows up
Yikes, oof and, if you allow me to say as much, cringe. Now watch some capeKINO:

youtube.com/watch?v=DaZDTiR4F2U

But user, Nova would've not only had emotional stakes in the plot without having to give him his own movie, but he also would've had a justifiable reason to not be in most of the movie attempting to rebuild the nova corps after all. Would you really want that?

Nolanese are the only good batman movies, and theyre not even part of the DCEU, or else they wouldve counted them as prequels to BvS

If only they were as good at making stories as they were at making wallpapers

Based.

the scene is so standard, so completely consistent with every other major battle in this movie series, that I just assume people are trolling when they say it stands out in some way

did you miss the part where thanos has the standard 'big group of super-generic guys fighting another group of guys on the ground for some reason, because its easier to film, which just happens to be taking place near wakanda because plot I guess

its ordinary

>first post is worst post
Every time.

Attached: 1541348079167.jpg (453x500, 33K)

Pretentious bullshit from DC.

Marvel knows it makes capeshit, so it focuses on delivering enjoyable capeshit

No idea what scene this is even referencing. Thor is pure cringe now following how they made him the beclowned upon pratfalling lapdog to a nigress in Ragnarok with awful juvenile anus jokes and then doubled down and had him in a ridiculous fatsuit playing Fortnite in Endgame. Oh, and they apparently cut a scene where he was going to try kiss the nigress at the end of Endgame and she shoots him down like an incel. The character is so far gone now that you can basically tell with 1:1 accuracy who the pozzed redditors are by who likes him at this point

His power’s did come from the hammer though - that was literally the ENTIRE plot arc of Thor 1. These lazy retcons and backpedals are just so shoddy, anyone who thinks these ‘cinematic universes’ are connected in any meaningful way besides sharing licensing rights is a child, a rube, or both

He got stormbrekeker because base thor cant beat thanos. It's nice that he admits he's a gadget fag

Literally looks like God of War 2 from when I was in high school two console generations ago

Attached: 1B1F072A-6A16-4697-B1C6-1515191ECBCB.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

Well, you also didn't watch this movie and get the context.

Your kidding right?, Infinity Bore doesn't even top The Dark Knight Rises.

>good guys in trouble fighting a battle
>thor also in trouble fighting some bullshit but manages to free himself
>thor gets to the good guys just in time to help win the fight
i get the context. that clip gives you the entire context. thankfully i didnt have to watch 2 hours of movie to see the good part.

Exactly

The only good part was Zod's speech to Superman during their fight and how they scrambled to reframe the entire fight through Bruce Wayne's eyes in the opening of BvS.

>Stormbreaker is made so he can use the Bifrost manually and also penetrate Thanos' skin. He doesn't need it to shoot lightning
>His whole family is dead and to his knowledge, all of his people. Forgive him for being angry
>See above.

Fuck, Nova would have been perfect for Endgame.
>Thanos kills all the Novas when they get in his way
>one of them lives
>Nova is the one to kill Thanos in the beginning, he does it with ease
>Nova goes to rebuild the corps
>5 year time skip, the corps is reinstated
>he is too busy being the leader of the space cops to help
>final battle the Nova corps comes in to help

all those shots have narrative impact

good but not close
OH NO NO NO NO
OHUHUHUHUHHHHH
>Shazam's encounter with Dr. Shivana in the toy store
AHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Titan isn't one of the 9 realms so he needed to go to Earth to find a way to get to Thanos (ie hijack a ship).

Wrong. Presumptuous retard.

Thor is about to get revenge for the genocide of his people and death of his family, and everyone else thought he too was dead. That's the emotional stake in what's happening.

Why do DCucks insist that shots driven entirely by cinematography and lighting are better than...ACTUAL movie scenes?
Trevor Slattery mentioning the shit he took in Iron Man 3 is fifty times better than any of those shots KEK

HAHAHAHA

Attached: 6E0B46D7-A550-4651-BF01-B9A03035B8FC.jpg (1440x1437, 152K)

>marginally higher emotional stakes
oh wow. also, how is this not covered by my comment that thor is fighting his own battle and wins and arrives unexpectedly? the only real emotional stake you have here is "revenge" and i'll give you that, but whatever.

I agree fren

>all these free (you)s from capesöys
Good job user. The warehouse scene is also unironically better so that's an extra point

His one line in the scene is "Bring me Thanos", the guy who killed both of his closest friends and half of his people.
It makes a pretty huge difference when you know that.

you dont have to be embarrassed that you ruined the movie for yourself

There's a lot of these moments in anime. And they're done better there.

It makes essentially no difference at all and Thanos killed like 20 Asgardians incidentally and despite lazy retcons Heimdall was never a close friend of Thor’s. If anything, a friend of his dad’s
Meanwhile the entirety of his people are genocided en masse in the previous movie and it’s played for laughs, his dad dies for no reason with zero gravitas, and in the next movie they put him in a ridiculous fatsuit and have him yelling at teenagers over Xbox live
Stop acting like this pratfalling clown is a deep character

Oh yea and his actual closest friends are killed with zero fanfare and he doesn’t grieve or even mention it. Sif isn’t even remarked upon, and his earth friends /lovers like Selvig and Foster aren’t acknowledged. But sure, tell me more about this cartoon’s super serious stakes in between anus jokes and burp jokes

youtube.com/watch?v=VrQjWr8bKQw

>pretending this wasnt an amazing scene

Watchmen was kino but the DCEU sucks balls. Only Shazam is an all around good movie and that one doesn't have any spectacular filmmaking.

That was a great scene, my favorite scene from the last four or five years of Marvel, really. Too bad they destroyed his character in the film’s surrounding this one to an almost unwatchable degree

why do you insist that if a shot looks pretty it doesn't have any narrative behind it?
the only one there that doesn't have a strong narrative behind the scene is aquaman

Define "actual movie scenes"

Attached: 1555123669679.webm (1280x536, 2.25M)

>warehouse scene
based

Will Marvel ever top this?

Attached: doom patrol.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

the only dceu movie to have a good narrative is shazam desu
wonder woman falls apart in the third act, aquaman's wasn't very strong to begin with, and the less said about the rest the better

>ruin him entirely the very next film
Kind of sours the moment there

Based DC.

The scenes have narrative behind them and that's the point, now fuck off

They are direct competitors you fucking moron. Although not really since marvel is crushing and has been for years

They're all have shitty narrative impact.

By not the supporting mentally ill.

learn english pajeet

Already forgotten

>narrative impact
>the narrative is still trash

Attached: 1537050309849.jpg (244x302, 31K)

>enjoyable
>it's actually tedious
Stop watching Capeshit

Pajeets love DC, fag. Use english? The movies are trash. They have no meaningful message. They're just made for normies like you.

>Koyaanisqatsi starts playing
wew wasn't expecting that

Come again in english, Rajesh?