Eragon

Now that Game of Reddit is dead for good, can we have a kino tv adaptation based on a true good mediaval book series?

Attached: Eragon.jpg (451x679, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X4OYYjXWCoI
youtube.com/watch?v=BCLsqg05boo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

didn't they make it into a crap movie already?

I just want a qt scalie dragon gf.

Attached: saphira.gif (480x368, 3.89M)

Only the first book was kino though. Second was passabel and the other two are shit.

Attached: arya.jpg (725x998, 86K)

This and a Narnia series

Lmao. Eragorn was such a massive cuck. Did he ever end up fucking Arya?

Yeah the movie was shit. To 10-year-old me, the only good part about it was Ed Speleers getting shirtless.

How about this?

Attached: 51Mhf8fxdML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 37K)

what a garbage movie

no, Eragon is shit and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I remember buying the whole inheritance cycle and then dropping this shit in the first book
Absolute garbage

Attached: given up cat.jpg (640x480, 72K)

faggot

Attached: fd4120d376_92787772_o2.jpg (203x248, 11K)

How do you know I'm not a girl?

the magic system was pretty good though...

Inheritance fucking sucks. Most juvenile garbage I've ever read. The first two book is mostly the asshole protagonist lusting over the elf girl. Only good parts are the parts about his cousin in the second book. I don't even remember the third book

>YA trash written by a literal teenager

>Most juvenile garbage I've ever read

Wasn't it literally written by a juvenile? He probably didn't even think his English project deserved to published but his parents were publishers and hooked him up.

Only two of the books are actually good though

Doesn't matter, male or female if you're not attracted to Arya you're a fag, metaphorically speaking

Attached: arya1.jpg (345x146, 6K)

Nepotism is so cool

Actual fantasy kino

Attached: first-law-trilogy-box-set-uk-box.jpg (480x650, 155K)

But it already had a movie series.
Its called Star Wars

Pointing out that inheritance and star wars are similar when they're both meant to use as many hero's journey tropes as possible isn't very clever.

I remember actually getting the second book Eldest first, because my relatives were retarded and couldnt see that there was clearly a first book in the series. nonetheless it had a synopsis of the first one so I was able to catch on to the story. It is such a blatant ripoff of Star Wars, at least the first one. Every major plot point and character overlaps with A New Hope right up until the details of the final battle.
The second book wasn't as bad, even the parts about the cousin were pretty kino, but had a lot of overlap with Empire Strikes Back still, with Eragon going to le ebin elven woods to train and the plot twist at the end (which is retconned by another plot twist in the third book that makes it even worse).
overall not a bad read if you're a kid just getting into fantasy but trash for anyone familiar with Tolkien and the like.

>Eragon... i am... your fat- i mean brother
yeah doesn't rip off Star wars at all.

more ripped of tolkien desu, didnt even bother to change some of the names

see it literally felt like the author was trying to transcribe star wars into high fantasy

Well you're wrong.

>People here are unironically praising a garbage book written by an actual child that only got published due to rich parents
How far has this board fallen?

I preferred its sequels, Fragon and Gragon.

I liked the second book when I was a kid, the third was fine, but I was a late teenager when the fourth one came out and I dropped it hard after a couple of chapters because it was so awful.

He did not. He fucked off to the other side of the desert to start a new dragon rider order. And now we have Luke who fucked off to an island to start a new Jedi order =^)

His dragon has fucked more than he has.

man, i'm reading the first law right now
i'm about 150 pages in, nothing's really "happening" so to speak but it's written so well and wittily it's fun regardless
is the rest of the trilogy like this?

DUNE

the blade itself* i mean

They've probably never read any other fantasy novels and conflated something being good with being 10.

I'm 100 pages in and you're full of shit.

The only reason it got published was because his parents owned the publishing company.

*Ardwen - Arwen
*Isenstar - Isengard
*Mithrim - Mithrim or mithril
*Angrenost - Angrenost
*Morgothal - Morgoth
*Elessari - Elessar
*Furnost - Fornost
*Hadarac Desert - Harad Desert
*Melian - Melian
*Vanilor - Valinor
*Eridor - Eriador
*Imiladris - Imladris
*Undin - Fundin/Udun
*Gil'ead - Gil'Galad
*Ceranthor - Caranthir
*Isidar - Isiludir
*Oromis- Orome
*Aragorn - Eragon

I loved it when I was 10

People always say this. Well guess what, Tortellini copy/pasted the entire thing from A Wizard of Earthsea.

Eragon isn't suited to screen adaptations. Too much stuff is written like "Eragon says words in the ancient language to do X". Or mental battles. You would need a narrator telling you what everyone is doing.

you don't like it? there's no accounting for taste i suppose

Ive read it all in a row in about 5 or so days when I got out of school. It wasnt that amazing to be quite honest and like others have said, theres a lot of suff that wouldnt be adapted well to screening and would just be thrown out.

Read this and tell me if it desceibes Eragon or Star Wars you braindead faggot.

>At the start of the story a princess leading a rebellion against an evil empire is being pursued by the evil emperor's right hand man. She's stolen an object of great importance to the empire. Before she is captured she attempts to secret the item away to a hermit who once belonged to an ancient order of warriors with mystical powers. However the item inadvertently comes into the possession of a boy of foggy origins living with his uncle on a remote farm. The evil emperor's minions track the item to the farm and destroy it, killing the boy's relatives. The boy escapes with the old hermit who gives him a sword he claims belonged to the boy's father. As they travel the hermit trains the boy in the ways of the ancient order of warriors. Then the hermit dies protecting the boy, the boy rescues the princess from the start of the story with the help of a dashing rogue, and the boy, rogue, and princess journey together to the rebellion's secret headquarters which has come under attack by the evil empire. At the climax the boy saves the day with the timely help of his friends. Afterwards he has a vision of a powerful master of the ancient order of warriors who can finish his training. He seeks the master out and trains with him, growing very powerful. But before his training is finished the boy has premonitions that his friends are in danger. He decides he must go to help them despite his master warning him not to go. The boy promises that he will return and leaves. He finds his friends just in time as they are threatened by the evil emperor's right hand man. In the ensuing fight the evil emperor's right hand man reveals that he and the boy are related. The boy is shocked and ultimately defeated, but not killed.

Attached: 1558131469069.png (1280x720, 588K)

are those really all names from Eragon? jesus, talk about straight up copying

I like the setting and magic rules alot, but like said it drops off /, hard especially 4

But Eragon is just "babby's first fantasy series that isn't LOTR", what's so good about it? I've read the series multiple times but I'll readily admit that it's not that good.

Fucking banger of a book this one

Is the world ready for a Discworld adaptation?

Attached: discworld.jpg (1200x680, 111K)

Galbatorix did nothing wrong. Fuck (((elves))) and fuck urgals

Actual Kino Books coming through

Attached: 10146704-3x4-700x933.jpg (700x933, 219K)

This reminds me of when Gene Simmons' kid got caught pretty much tracing multiple pages from Bleach like Bleach was such an unpopular manga at the time nobody would notice.

We really don't tax the ultra rich enough.

Attached: nick_simmons_plagirism-450x524.png (450x524, 401K)

Urgals need to be genocided, elves would most likely just sit on their asses in their shitty forests while mankind keeps progressing in tech until they can destroy the elves.

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-064322.jpg (1078x2059, 673K)

If I don't get my 5-hour fairy fucking installment I'm going to kill myself

Attached: kingkiller-covers-name-wind.jpg (1440x1090, 195K)

I mean there's been a few decent movies.

>I like the setting and magic rules alot

THE MAGIC

IS 100% STOLEN

FROM A WIZARD OF EARTHSEA

*clears throat*

Attached: 51HE50F2lzL._SX324_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (326x499, 36K)

Saphira was a thot, no surprises there. She wanted to the old fuck cripple Glaedr as well before jumping on the Arya's dragon's cock. But Eragon was a massive cuck lusting after that elven conceited slut. He could've gotten some qt human gf instead, but instead he chose to live his existence as an incel.

I just want my nigger elves. Wonder what would SJWs say if this was adapted into a TV show.

Attached: DSC06958.jpg (1280x731, 162K)

Who agrees to have these faggy covers on their books. Just have some minimalist shit and save yourself the embarrassment.

Who the fuck buys books with minimalist covers?

>minimalism

Attached: 1500779222581s.jpg (250x245, 7K)

This is embarrassing.

they aren't artistic books. fantasy is the literary equivalent to superhero movies

>written so well

Yeah let's take a look at that.

>The branch Roran had added to the fire burst asunder with a muted pop as the coals underneath heated the gnarled length of wood to the point where a small cache of water or sap that had somehow evaded the rays of the sun for untold decades exploded into steam.

Purple prose ≠ good writing you subliterate troglodyte. It sounds impressive to children but if it were good writing Tortellini would be a Nobel Prize winning author and Hemingway would not.

Attached: 1552857837702.jpg (555x585, 98K)

Written by a literal homeschooled autist.

Sneed

Not as bad as that shit.

Ha ha I get it because eragon is just dragon with a different letter lmao

Well when you write your book maybe you can pay to commission a more talented artist for the cover.

bro I was 12 when I read these and even then I knew it was garbage

You can can do minimalist shit yourself.

Could be kino if they actually consulted Salvatore and didn't mess up his vision. They'd probably make Wulfgar black and turn Cattie into a 5/10 non-redhead tho

He’s not wrong. The “similarities” between Eragon and LotR/Star Wars were noted by practically everyone back when the book was first published in the early 2000s.

Okay go make a good minimalist cover for those books.

It's been written by a 15 year old, and it fucking shows.
Oozes with cringy tropes and it's pretty badly written in general.

They already made a Eragon movie that gave me nightmares.
Please don't make another one, it will just be dogshit again.

Earth sea now thats a kino fantasy series

Attached: 1555908181823.png (394x329, 100K)

Waiting for OP or anyone else to tell me this isn't blatant plagiarism. And this

>razacs are formidable monsters who almost get the best of eragon even after several powerups
>movie razacs gets BTFO by a fucking tree branch after eragon just mutters the only word in the old language he knows after he was attacked

Attached: latest[1].jpg (541x362, 26K)

Sadly you won't in the west.
Egypt and Japan did adopt fantasy medieval books, myths, and shows that were pure kino though.

plagiarized
I remember thinking the first book wasn't that bad. It was highly derivative, but not awful. With the sequels, it was clear Paolini thought every idea from his head was gold, and things just went off the rails. I think I read half of the second book.
no, he was 19 or something when the first book was published. They marketed him as a child prodigy but he wasn't a child.
The Wizard of Oz and The Matrix are both hero's journeys, but no one ever accuses them of being similar. This is because they're wildly different in almost every regard. Star Wars and Eragon have a lot more similarities than just being hero's journeys. It's a ripoff. Plain and simple.
>Abercrombie
>Rothfuss
>pic related

Attached: 1558388920105.png (500x909, 227K)

The author shit the bed so hard with the last entrie that it's not even funny, also fuck mary sue fag eragon, his cousin roran was the real hero in that story.

I for one thought razacs overstayed their welcome in the books. Nigger we've had bigger fish to fry for a while now.

That's not even purple prose, that's just a borderline run-on sentence. Nigga needs to learn to use a comma or something.
>The branch Roran had added to the fire burst asunder with a muted pop, the coals underneath heating the gnarled length of wood to the point where a small cache of water or sap - somehow having evaded the rays of the sun for untold decades - exploded into steam.

Should've been killed off by the second book or thereabouts but it was just ridiculous when they've been built up as having shade-tier power levels and then he just dabs on them with a KVISTR

black dude, rebelling against black female led culture. hmm. Driders are cool as fuck though.

well
a) i haven't gotten to that part yet, don't know who this Roran is
b) i like it very much, fuck off

Give me one good reason why the dragon didn't turn human and boned Eragon? She clearly wanted to.

>no, he was 19 or something when the first book was published. They marketed him as a child prodigy but he wasn't a child.

Right he "imagined" the story at 15 but only just managed to write it while he was still a teenager. And unfortunately for mankind his wealthy and doting parents self-published their autistic son's literal fanfiction until their incessant self-promotion got the book picked up by a real publisher.

Yeah but you have to remember that OP and most people in this thread were born in the late 90s so this was their childhood fantasy book.

>Eragon
Let me guess , the other dragons are called Fragon, Gragon, Hragon, Iragon etc?

Matrix and wizard of oz were compared though. Both were basically western isekai in the footsteps of alice in the wonderland

Am I a brainlet or is talking about the first law trilogy by Abercrombie and you're criticizing Eragon?

>b) i like it very much

Read more books. Why don't you start with everything Eragon plagiarizes from? LotR and A Wizard of Earthsea are actually good. Expand your horizons.

I remember reading this in 4th grade, I liked it back then but I was a fucking child and I didn't even know about LotR or other good fantasy novels.

They're called Eragon, Esagon, Etagon, Euagon and so on.

who said i haven't? i've read both and i still like this

DUNE

No I'm the brainlet. Followed the wrong reply chain. Apologies to user. No apologies to anyone who likes Eragon though.

I liked the first book as a kid but it's the second book that really got me, I really wanted a cool Elf gf like the one in that book. But I was already too old when the third book came out and I thought it was awful and dropped it.

hm, the english version really looks like shit.
Only read the german translation, which had its own issues, but nothing as bad as that abomination of a sentence.

yes you are. now admit that the first law is great
you're right user, he had the wrong chain

Read Bakker instead. Then adapt it.

Attached: 7888352E-BBF5-4E3C-B644-DBC1930897AE.jpg (853x543, 152K)

Unfortunately Eragon is the protagonist's name, not the dragon's. You're actually more creative than the author is, see

This will never not be fucking embarassing

I want Death to get drunk on the big screen and mope about how his son is better than him

>Deltora Quest
>pic related

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (250x375, 34K)

How come you haven't made millions by writing/plagiarizing the most generic of fantasy stories to serve as power fantasies for nerdy teenagers?

Because I don't have rich parents

Reminder that Tortellini is a furfag and his Elves use magic to make themselves in animal hybrids. One if his characters is a blue furred wolf-elf who females are uncomfortable to be around because he emits a musk that makes them horny and no I am not making any of that up.

Attached: 1557465138375m.jpg (1024x805, 135K)

the market is oversaturated. There are millions of people just as bad as Christopher Paolini who just fade into obscurity.

Attached: Master Guardian Part One and Two by Barbara Boot.jpg (1690x893, 2.47M)

So he got lucky with exposure/publishers or rode off daddy's back?

Because mommy and daddy don't self-publish most kids' literary tripe, leaving it to languish on fanfiction.net where it belongs.

I remember that guy, pretty based if you ask me.

Both. His parents published the book themselves and lied to everyone about how old he was when he wrote it until a real publisher picked it up and the book sold to millions of dumb children who hadn't already been exposed to everything Tortellini plagiarized from.

Both. Self publishing isn't just something for the elites.

His mom and dad are literally publishers. Both of them not only had the wealth and publishing capacity, they had the connections and industry knowledge to ensure his books success. I think it also cant be overstated the books became successful in the late 2000s because his parents did a good job of shilling the books as "see! Proof even KIDS can kick butt at writing! Remember to stay in school and read books!" As a result his parents and the public school system also backed him travelling and shilling his garbage as some sort of educational experience

I really love this cover

Attached: 71Nc4m2FIJL.jpg (809x1200, 179K)

are you gonna tell me he's Jewish next?

This book series is literal shit, I get it that it was written by a teenager and I don't want to go too hard on his past self, but stop pretending as if it is even readable for an adult.

Alright books that had a shit end.
The only way they could be saved is if Paloni sold the rights to Guilermo Del Toro.

His parents owned a dinky publishing house but the book got big because Carl Hiassen's son raved about the it, which caused Hiassen to bring it to his publisher.

Siena Guillory is beautiful but I prefer guys

Early 2000s actually. Very much right place at the right time. The Lord of the Rings were current and Harry Potter’s popularity was exploding.

Eragon is SHIT
pic related never happened

Attached: 6665ad728459972c3be97493da9a4d28.jpg (500x822, 39K)

Lord of the Rings movies were current*

based
he was like 18

Attached: 006EGN_Edward_Speleers_157.jpg (852x480, 92K)

>we want to call it Dragon but it’s tkl generic
>what about the next letter in the alphabet?
>E? Eeeeragon?
>yeah. Fuck it. Do that.

So this is what I heard. Chris' parents publish Eragon. He goes around the country dressed up like a wizard reading it to kids. Some kid really likes it and tells his dad who is an even bigger publisher. He picks up the book and publishes it again, and it becomes a #1 best seller. And keep in mind a #1 best seller is like 10,000 copies sold.

I started seeing kids with these books in middle school in 2004/2005. The only idiots who raved about them were, ironically, the ones who hadn't seen the LOTR movies, let alone read the books.

It has a plce on my shelf from when I was young, but it's a 15 year old's oc donut steel
Original paperback had a cool texture though,and the gba game was decent

Pretty much. Anons are exaggerating his parents’ wealth. They owned a small boutique publishing company and originally self published Eragon and started independently selling it. Then it got picked up by a larger company and re-edited for mass publication.

I hate them all. I grew up in the mid 80s, Tolkien and the Shannara books is what I grew up on.

Yeah it just shows how hungry publishers and movie studios were for any YA fantasy they could get their hands on back then. Eragon got a ridiculously fast tracked movie deal and came out in 2006.

Having roran as the protagonist would have been a better story, being stuck in a world of magic and dragons and all he has are his hammers, he rises up to become a man of the people, being a leader, then having eragon as the big bad as he realises he's overpowered, has a dragon but he is jealous because no one likes him and he is too coward to ask out the milf elf.

scholastic book fairs were pretty great

Way of Kings maybe. Which actor would be a good dalinar?

I'm a zoomer and I promise you that even I knew Eragon was utter shit when I read it. I gave up when the werecat appeared.

>Hot Elf that is described as looking like Amy Lee from Evanescence gets captured
>Eragon rescues her, already having lewd thoughts about her
>Meanwhile Saphira unequivocally loves Eragon as he raised her from her birth
>They actually have a bond that wasn't some stupid as fuck transformation in the film where she hates him
>Always calls him by pet names
>Eragon being a dumbfuck still wants Amy Lee
>She turns him down because he has an epic quest to kill the big evil king, so dating would distract him
>Also she doesn't want his twinky human ass, her lover literally died in the beginning of the book, she's still in mourning
>Eragon, being mature about this, bitches to his dragon
>Later in the books Eragon is horrifically injured and it stops him being a decent fighter
>This doesn't matter because there needed to be en excuse to power him up
>Dragon and Elf magic orgy-ritual where Elves embrace their furry sides turns Eragon into an Elf-Human hyrbid, he's also now fully healed from that horrific injury
>Thinking he's hot shit he then invites Amy Lee into the woods and tries his luck a second time
>She still tells him to fuck off, you have a king to kill and you're not an Elf
>Eragon, being mature about this, falls to his knees and cries like a little baby bitch
>Saphira consoles him, like a mother comforting their retarded son
>Meanwhile probably wanting Eragon to see she's prime fuck material
>Skip ahead to the end of the books and their retarded plot twist
>Evil king is dead, Eragon won, yaaaayyyyy
>But oh right there was a thing in the first book that said he HAD to leave the land forever
>Well whatever his job is done
>Asks a final third time whether or not he can jump Amy Lee's bones
>Once again, she says no, fuck off
>Eragon, being mature about this, cries a little again, but immediately recovers
>And fucks off to train new dragon riders
>All in all, disappointing story, some alright battles, his cousin is cooler
>He also didn't just fuck Saphira

Attached: LIKELY_AN_UNDERSTATEMENT.jpg (473x590, 85K)

They should adapt Pern instead.

Did somebody say kantasy fino?

Attached: FIGHTING FANTASY.jpg (660x371, 69K)

somebody will write competent dragon/rider romance that does not puss out
someday

>Eragon, a shitty Star Wars knockoff fanfic with dragons written by a 14 year old whose parents worked in the publishing field and got his childish trash published
>good
pick one

Attached: 1558343540174.jpg (377x377, 38K)

>tfw the movie adaptation turned you away from books entirely
I know it doesn't make sense, the movie being shit should've made me read more, but I can't remember reading anything after seeing the movie.

Dragon rider kino from the same people who brought you the Edge Chronicles.

Attached: wyrmeweald.jpg (314x475, 68K)

Holy shit I wonder if these are still at my parents’ house somewhere.

>Flirt with the mature gold dragon wanting his dick
>he's actually gay
Saphira's love life was suffering.

Dragonriders of Pern is too girly, even for the onions community.

Not only that but she only flirted with him because she thought she could save dragonkind from going extinct.
She knew that the enemy dragon that later hatches would still be a kid and she might have to kill them anyway and she wasn't going to know if they were male or not.
I doubt she actually found Glaedir attractive or whatever.

His denials made it all the more hilarious.
What was it Yea Forums changed its name to for a while? Something and detergents?

Post a good series first fag

Now this is a recipe for kino. Too bad they’d fuck it up. Based bayaz

Give me this adapted into a triology, this was fucking excellent and I'm still waiting on the next book.

Attached: ORCS.jpg (326x499, 45K)

I was 16 when I dropped the third book because for some reason they decide to split up and have Eragon go on solitary adventures??I mean...why? So illogical

Yea Forums became bleaches and detergents and Yea Forums became plagiarism.

A proper adaptation of Gloria Tesch's Maradonia saga

youtube.com/watch?v=X4OYYjXWCoI

Which series is this? Asking for a friend.

I am glad my parents never self published any of the crap I created when I was 15. Hell, I was not even on the internet yet back then. Only discovered fanfic online in like 1997.

but Saphira is like cathedral sized by book two, you'd have to be a vorefag to get up in that poos

CAN'T WAKE UP

Eragon. It sounds like fan fiction written by a horny teen because it was.

Harry Potter for 5 year olds

The books were so fucking cringe.

The first book is unironically the best. Paolini literally became a worse writer the more he grew up.

I'm reading the Blade Itself right now and I really enjoy it. It's not as well writen as some people purport but it makes for decent reading material and can be quite comical and amusing at times.

It will happen sooner or later

Attached: 1486394206605.jpg (1024x768, 200K)

Why are you people talking like the books weren't a phenomenon? Rip offs or not there was obviously something in them, they sold a million copies and his parents got richer, so it was obviously the right choice to publish them

I remember that, during the Elf-Dragon orgy magic festival.
Agatei Blodhren or something.

those were the days

you dont have to be a vore shitter to take up a challenge my friend
lmao ur small dicked

Is that actually traced or did he just use the panel as reference? There's a big difference in the art world.

She wasn't that large, she was pretty big though.
She was probably about as big if not slightly bigger than Drogon in GoT.
Eragon could have easily gotten up in that without actually getting up in that.

That cover is so shit but at the same time captures this really comfy fantasy feeling. I absolutely love it. It looks like the kind of thing I'd try to draw as a child and I think that's why its appealing.

Is the dragon female and its rider male though?

So would she have done it?

Attached: time to go fishing.jpg (201x200, 25K)

How many times can you "reference" the same source before it stops mattering?

Attached: hwzwi9jpg.png (700x335, 107K)

I could only ever find the first book.

She loves Eragon because he raised her, but she doesn't see him as a father figure nor a family figure.
I'd be willing to bet her connection to him as they basically had a mind-meld and knew when the other was hurting, was somewhat borderline sexual.

I would rather watch her getting fucking ravaged by that one enormous black dragon at the end after Eragon got pathetically wiped out and she became a slave of the main bad guy. Would be pretty kino desu.

>Wanting Saphira to get BLACKED
Fuck off, Saphira is for Eragon.

If its just from the same source then it starts to look really questionable, yeah. But referencing shots isn't entirely a bad thing, like how different movies will use similar filming techniques for scenes because those techniques convey something well.
I'm not defending this kid though because it looks like he is just trying to rip shit from somewhere else.

Behold the superior childhood fantasy series.

Attached: 1530639386040.jpg (344x500, 38K)

Scientology was a phenomenon that made millions too. Doesn't make it any less of a scam.

Sadly no.
Not in the first book, anyway. I haven't read the other two.

>Inheritance Cycle
>good

So what did Paloni copy the magic system from then?
Because the whole 'Magic is based on your energy' thing and the more you use the weaker you get it just logical to me.
Expend more magical power than you have energy and you die.
You can't magically move an object further than you could physically carry it, or you can but it taxes you massively unless you're trained enough.

i liked eragon and eldest or whatever, I don't remember the third one and i never finished the fourth
books have a good covers too

Go back to bed, Greg Land.

>but Saphira is like cathedral sized by book two
Just makes it hotter.

I've been tempted to do something like this for ages, probably in webcomic format. I'm -somewhat- competent at art and have been practicing hard this year. Drakengard ruined me as a kid and it led me to create a very thin concept around a human rider and his dragon falling in love amidst a larger plot. It'd be a secret because the pair of them would be ruined if everyone knew.

Maybe one day I'll be decent enough to bring it to life.

Same thing user, FemDragon x MaleRider is something I've been meaning to get around to.

god bless and good luck user

Attached: 20190205_015903.jpg (1080x1080, 462K)

Next year bro. doors of stone

Eragon is another example of the "Harry Potter" effect. As kids (10 - 14 years old) we don't notice shitty writing and instead are just mesmerised by the magic and fantasy.

It's only as we become adults that we start getting exposure to better written, longer and more mature novels. (Like The Silmarillion for example) Then when we go back to shit like Harry Potter or Eragon for nostalgia we realise how badly written it is in comparison.

Worse. German.

>Eragons primary love interest over all 4 books rejects him 3 times in a row and then sees him off never to meet again without ever actually saying she returns his feeling
What a cuck

That beta cuck couldn't even fuck some basic bitch elf. He can only dream about that sweet dragon puss. She is for the real chads.

well her bf of probably a hundred years got skewered by orcs and died like a bitch
give the knife ear some time to grieve

But he did single handedly raise her and shares a mind-bond with her.
She loves him for that, not some nigger dragon that wants to kill her.

Isn't there a chapter where two dragons go off to mate but because Eragon and the other rider are both mind linked to their respective dragons they can both feel the horniness that the dragons feel while mating until they fly far away enough that the link is weakened.

No, that's the chapter where they know something bad has happened because of their mind-links.
Glaedir rejected Saphira so they have a fight.

By the end of the books she isn't grieving, she just straight up is not attracted to Eragon.

Page after page was straight copied user.

I remember something like that in the second book, or at least with Saphira becoming enamoured with the larger male dragon they come across in some forest. Eragorn has to tell her to settle down and she tells him to fuck off. I'm pretty sure the pair of them have a bit of a falling out around that time. Saphira wouldn't stop trying to woo the male who was obviously not interested.

Didn't want that human dick, nor did she want it when it gained an extra inch from half-Elfness.

You guys don't actually want to fuck a dragon do you

was eragon really this fucking garbage?

I was pissed at this because at the 2nd time she turned him down she said it was because he didn't see her properly.

After Gleydr coached him when they were sparring he LITTERLY PROVED THAT HE CAN SEE HER FOR WHO SHE IS

Attached: 200px-Eragon_book_cover.png (200x300, 109K)

It's based on Tortellini's love life.

>Make Eragon tv show
>cast Emelia Clarke as Arya
>profit

It’s so easy lads

Wasn't the second time he asked the time he was basically high as shit on elven magic

Looking back on it? Yes it really is.
As a kid I thought it was great but I cared more for the magic and Saphira.

Lads I can understand wanting to fuck a dragon, but not a fucking Eragon dragon.
Look at that fucking elongated, disgusting chimp face. It's the least fuckable dragon I've ever seen.

Friendly reminder that Eragon literally makes softcore porn 'painting' of Amy-Lee Elf which she then REEES and smashes in front of him.

Attached: firefox_yVqY8ML6oL.png (300x281, 47K)

Most fantasy/sci fi authors borrow some tropes from Star Wars and LOTR. What rustles my jimmies is how that this guy blatantly copypasted not just all the tropes, plot devices, narrative framwork, everything, and went laughing to the bank.

Maybe you're right.

The Wiki says Saphira mated with Firnen but I can't find any reference to the specific memory I have of Eragon and another character waiting for the dragons to fly off cause all the horny thoughts.

God that book was so good, shame the series is just pure downhill after that, especially once they got to Lether.

The book cover art was never how I saw the dragons tbqh senpai.
My minds vision was more like but sexier, with dick sucking lips and bigger eyes.

What's worse, Eragon not ending up with Sapphira or Harry not ending up with Hermione

This and bridge to terabithia are the only time I've seen movies being better than the book

Harry got Ginny and Ginny was meant to be qt, so definitely Eragon not getting to bone a sexy dragon.

>Eragon not ending up with Sapphira
This because nobody ever gets the dragon-girl in fiction.

You are all very cute, now let's put on big boys pants.

Attached: 51izZTS+gEL.jpg (310x500, 47K)

Personally I can't wait for skirt smoothing, braid-tugging and spanking simulator.

they're gonna fuck it up aren't they?

Attached: file.png (800x450, 996K)

Still looks kind of masculine. I could probably just about fuck the Shrek dragon, but when I'm thinking of a fuckable dragon I think something like the sexy kobolds /tg/ loves.

But the Eragon film was horrendous, user.
The only thing it got right was Bron's grave.

tell me about malazan

It's not softcore porn, it's basically just a telepathically uploaded jpg of his feels that outed him as a desperate incel.

I dont care for Hermione so...

I imagined something like a cross between /tg/ cutebolds and Shrek dragon, aye.

Where's my fucking Belgariad adaption?

Attached: 91a1Tq0z9qL.jpg (1254x2061, 633K)

It was described that she was semi-naked facing away from the viewer, bathed in a serene moonlight and that she was incredibly fucking gorgeous.

user are we weird?

It's a very complex story that jerks off to its own complexity so much that it literally turns first book into casual filter as at times it's nigh incomprehensible to read.

Once it stops doing that it's actually a fun read with astounding amount of characters.

You're all forgetting the most hilarious part of the book. The ginger Werecat that runs around naked killing people in the final battle. ..and his fat GILF owner that hints about having a magical Nuke.

Nah man, it's the normies that are weird.
Yannow, for not wanting to fuck dragons.

>tfw no qt 3.14 witch who raises you, make sure you breed, and then raises your child, for generations

Solembum was actually a paleskinned black-haired shota, but yes he did run around with a dagger killing people.
Angela wasn't a GILF either, she was middle aged and entirely batshit weird.

>Polgara ara ara'd dozens of generations of men
imagine

>That part where she sneaks into the enemy camp and poisons their food supplies with a brutal chemical that either kills them slowly and painfully over the coming days or immediately in a very loud and painful manner

>Angela
Jesus what a nutcase of dropped plots.
"If you meet my sister thats where alot of Angela comes from" What a weird family

She was based on the authors sister aswell I think?

I liked TBh and RG .

Anyone read 'the King Killer Chronicles?' My cousin says it's really good, and the way he explained it sounds pretty interesting: the first part of the series is one character's take on the story, which is then contradicted by the second part of the series which is like a retelling or something.
However, this same cousin was very insistent that Eragon/Inheritance was good for a pretty fucking long time so I'm treating his word with some skepticism.

Is Wheel of Time worth getting into? I've seen as many people complain about it as profess love for it, and some of the stuff sounds kind of generic ('the Dark One'), but the Blind Guardian song about it as an absolute fucking banger and makes it sound as if the series has some interesting concepts.

PERN

>Be Roran
>Your town is under siege
>Swords are hard to handle but you know how to use a hammer
>Literally funnel the enemy to you and kill them all over the course of hours
>Be standing atop a pile of bodies and kill over a hundred men
>Wonder how these guys ever ended up in the army

based

Eldest was a complete bore all the way through but I liked some elements of Brisingr. Roran's story was the most interesting out of the lot. If Paolini had just focused on that more and have the dragon stuff be a backdrop the series MAY have turned out better. Roran's story is really fun.

It doesn't matter what it "got right" the book was utter trash, the movie wasn't half bad. I really don't mind how unfaithful it was since the books are totally asinine

Roran is the best part of the entire series
even with no super elf powers he manages to be the chad of the story

Roran's story on its own would've made for a great novel if written by a decent author. A medieval John Wick leading his towns people against an immortal dragon rider emperor.

>writing a story where you sister is a pedophile who marries a man she raised
based

Yea Forums had some speculation that Paolini fucks his sister based on an interview or whatever

It describes star wars, kind of.
>Afterwards he has a vision of a powerful master of the ancient order of warriors who can finish his training.
Luke never has a vision of Yoda though.
>He finds his friends just in time as they are threatened by the evil emperor's right hand man.
The new right hand man who was the "rogue" in the previous book
>In the ensuing fight the evil emperor's right hand man reveals that he and the boy are related.
You made it a bit more vague here to fit, half brother vs father is a bit of a difference thematically. Like a counterfactual version of the MC vs the well, father.
>The boy is shocked and ultimately defeated, but not killed.
You left out that Luke was maimed in the fight with Vader in the second installment and Eragon was maimed in the first book.

Yeah, they're incredibly similar stories but it's not the worst starting point for kids to get into the fantasy genre.

Roran also actually gets a girl to fall for him, marry him, and bear his kids, instead of dying a pathetic virgin cuck like Eragon.

The book is shit
It's literally written by a fucking highschooler you zoomer faggot

>Fuck off Eragon you aren't elf enough for me
>*Eragon becomes part elf*
>Fuck off Eragon you don't understand the real me
>*Eragon understands the real her*
>Fuck off Eragon
>*series ends*

Series starts out incredibly strong, if you like interesting world building its well worth it. It slows down a bit after the first 3 books, and becomes a crawl in the middle for 1-2 books. Then it picks back up again, and the author dies, so his work is taken over and finished by Brandon Sanderson, who unironically does a better job at it than Robert Jordan ever did. Expect skirts to smoothed and braids to be tugged Elayne is best girl

>Blind guardian song

not heard it, got a link?

the hell is that

>Be Roran
>Defend town because they're your people
>But also because you intend to take a wife
>The love of your life you've known since childhood
>She gets captured by the enemy so you rally the entire town to come along with you
>Do it because you don't want to leave them behind and because the town will be destroyed if they don't come
>Traverse the country, fight the army, sign up and enlist with another army and your magic Elf brother, save your love
>Incur punishments for treason because you disobeyed orders to save your love
>Marry her on the fucking spot as there's a huge battle coming
>Have the best end in the book because you got your wife and had kids and loved happily while being the best leader to your town

Wait, is that really whole story? Did Paolini base it on his relationship with his classmate or something?

The rejection Eragon kept going through really fucked me up as a kid.
I always thought 'surely he'll get the love of his life and she'll love him back'
It was the same with Arthur and the Invisibles, Selenia never kisses Arthur, which also tremendously upset me.
At least with Arthur I learned for some reason of censorship, Americans had changed the story because it was a French film so it was 'too lewd' and they had actually kissed, but the U.K got given the American version.
Felt good to see the French version.

youtube.com/watch?v=BCLsqg05boo

The only thing we haven't shit on from Eragon in this thread yet is the ending of a butcher(?) He betrayed Eragon and then was imprisoned by the elves. He ends up blind. They could repair his sight but the elves decide not to cause they want him to suffer a lil longer.

Yeah that and celebrities he had crushes on in the late 90s when he was writing it in high school. The fact that he’s a millionaire from it is insane.

>ShecameforEragon.jpg

Robert Jordan was also a dirty man and hid plenty of BDSM stuff in the book, I'm pretty sure that's what gave me my fetishes reading it as a teen

Sloan basically could get his redemption if he was to fully atone and feel remorse for his betrayal of his town to the King.
But he doesn't and doesn't feel ashamed of it, so the Elves allow him to live among them as he's useless elsewhere and won't kill him, until he lives out his life, or truly regrets his actions and they will return his sight to him.

Eragon fixes his eyesight at the end of the series.

Actually never mind. He was a home schooled autist. Eragon makes so much more sense now.

I don't remember that, I thought Eragon discovers his 'true' name in the Ancient Language and forces him to live with the Elves as he knows it was him that betrayed the town.

I read the books as a kid but the only scene that truly stuck with me was when the dragon used magic to fix a gigantic gemstone that shattered during a battle or some shit.

>In Inheritance Eragon met with Sloan for the last time (though Sloan initially thought that Eragon was Adarë) and restored his sight so that he could see his daughter and granddaughter

>Arya.. please! Just a crumb of pussy
>Just sit on my face for a minute I beg you!

Attached: eragon.jpg (477x268, 14K)

Bad stuff?
>Any dwarf stuff other then Orik
>Eregon leaving and not plowing Human pussy
>Ambiguous about if Saphira is pregnant
>Having ALL the dragons still alive in their heart of hearts ( I could handle Eggs and like 1-2 but that many was stupid)
>Murtagh leaving and not fucking Nasuda
>Murtagh not keeping the name of magic from Eragon (Without the name Eragon is no longer too OP)
>Nasuda not sucking Rorans Dick for winning half the war
>Elf queen death
>Thorn was never fleshed out
>Not enough on Brom's Fallen hunting days
>Wards were overpowered, given enough time anyone becomes unstoppable if they are creative enough

Good Stuff?
>Magic system
>Eragon and Saphira's relationship
>Roran beasting with a hammer for 4 books straight
>Elf's not taking shit from anybody
>Combat style was good

I know that feel. Not with Eragon, though. I remember reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and being shocked that Ichabod didn't get the girl. It literally ended with "Brom bullied Ichabod so hard he fucked off forever. The end." I was like: "what? But the main character always gets he girl!"

Of course, years later, I realized Ichabod didn't get the girl because he was a creepy faggot.

But Midnight Tides is the second best book in the series

That was all he could see though. not everything else. just his daughter and the baby. to give him a proper drive to turn himself arround

Now we need a "Virgin Eragon" Vs "Chad Roran" meme image. Damnit I can already see it in my mind

Both Orik and Hrothgar were based.
The heart of hearts, Eldernauri, whatever they're called was fucking stupid yeah.
Murtagh wasn't into Nasuda anway I never thought.
Roran wouldn't fuck Nasuda anyway, he got Katrina, best wife.
Izlanzadi or whaever the Elf Queen was called died? Don't remember that.

You just reminded me that Tortillini stole Galbatorixes death from that series
>When Eragon refused, the king, out of desperation, commanded himself to "Be not!". The ultimate effect of the suicidal, kamikaze-like spell that he cast literally caused himself to stop existing, converting every atom of his body into pure energy and creating a massive blast which would have killed all others present if Eragon had not shielded them in time
Ctuchik dies in the exact same fashion, he commands something to 'be not' with magic and the backlash kills him.

Forgot about Hrothgar.
Izlanzadi dies to Barst while Eragon is fighting Galbatorix

Naruto, Earthsea

This series always sucked dick

>Izlanzadi or whaever the Elf Queen was called died? Don't remember that.
She was killed by some le ebil Eldunari powered henchman of the bad guy.

That story fucking sucked

god i remember selenia looked just too perfect for me on the cover as a 10 year old, i didn't need this reminder

That'll be why I don't remember it, it happened so fast and felt so shit I'd forgotten about it.

It was also /ss/, Selenia was meant to be over a thousand years old or turning that, while Arthur was 12.

Oh God I remember lusting over her when I was a kid. Now she looks kinda creepy with that CGI.

Still looks pretty fucking good, senpai.
I was a weird kid that thought Arthur was cute too though.
Look at his adorable face and his awesome dandelion hair.

Attached: ALL_THE_HAPPY.png (290x310, 230K)

What is this about?/ I nneed somethinng good to read while i wait for TWOW(9 its ccomingg i s-swear!). The name is the first law, it got me intrigued. A hard lesson i learned abbout faantasy is that if the books have a characters naame on thhe cover, iits gonnna be awful, if it has an idea 0or a concept on the cover, its almost always good. Writers tthat name books after haraccters will ALWAYS have self-inserts annd mary sues in their stories,they cant help themselves.

The first book was written by a teenager for preteens

Drakengard exists.

I don't trust anyone with Narnia. Before The Hobbit trilogy I might have said Jackson.

Does anyone else spend so much time reading about what they should read or watch that they don't end up reading or watching anything?

Attached: 1558420258610.jpg (900x900, 82K)

The Bonehunters called you pleb

Im a digital hoarder so I spend more time downloading stuff than actually consuming it

I can relate

Oh shit now I want to make out with a dragon so badly, blessed thread anyway.

Second book starts with a gigantic sea centipede wizard boasting how tough it is only to get shot in the face with a grenade launcher.

i know there are some bad tropes but i would just like to see sean bean play as Dalinar

Attached: b8tp-square-1536.jpg (1536x1536, 221K)

Remember when Eragon's shitty town had a butcher?

What?

Actually great fantasy you read as a child coming through

Attached: lataus.jpg (194x260, 12K)

You know that feeling from the end of GOT where all the character arcs have been aborted or shafted or it deliberately didn't give you the payoff you were expecting? That's this done right. It's a good trilogy but I'll never read it again from how fucked off I am at how the last book felt like drowning in sludge.

i meant the book cover but now i googled it and she has buck teeth and looks way less human compared to the cgi from the movie which looks like they just tried to make a really conventional
ly perfect looking loli elf

Attached: book.png (304x476, 376K)

Drowning in sludge in a good way or a bad way?

this is the goat book series.

meanwhile... damn

Attached: movie.png (452x337, 397K)

The translation might have been censored or I just don't remember that part, I remember it mostly being him being so intimately familiar with her features that he was able to render a pixel perfect image of her face and the layers or some shit about that spoke so well about his love for her that the elves thought he was so thirsty it was creepy.

Is there any knight kino in fantasy?
Like actual good, colourful knights doing heroic shit? Not shitty Warcraft tier fantasy where any shmuck in armour is called a knight.

Attached: knights1.png (511x650, 530K)

Whats the theme, mmeddieval? Fantasy? Sci-fi?

Porn?/

i mean samwell tarly is a self insert too

Depends on your character, really. It's like a more competent version of Jaime going back to Cersei -- realistic character arcs that you can see real people doing, but that leave you feeling disappointed in that characters did it. If you like that sort of stuff, you'll love this, because it happens to most every character in the end.

It's a fantasy series filled with dark humour, some political intrigue and fencing. A bit of adventure too. So far I am enjoying it. I just started reading it myself and Glokta is the best.

Low fantasy, but it's more like Venetian or Dutch republic stuff than the usual knights in castles, medieval affair.

thanks,, i'l take a look