Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with...

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

What is George even talking about? None of the kings in his books discuss this shit.

>I admire Tolkien greatly. His books had enormous influence on me. And the trope that he sort of established—the idea of the Dark Lord and his Evil Minions—in the hands of lesser writers over the years and decades has not served the genre well. It has been beaten to death. The battle of good and evil is a great subject for any book and certainly for a fantasy book, but I think ultimately the battle between good and evil is weighed within the individual human heart and not necessarily between an army of people dressed in white and an army of people dressed in black. When I look at the world, I see that most real living breathing human beings are grey.

The villains are literally zombies and ice devils that never speak. Oh, they're white instead of black, how creative.

Fat fucking hack.

Attached: images (96).jpg (330x330, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to know what is Bran's shitting and ass-wiping policy?

>The villains are literally zombies and ice devils that never speak.
I don't think Night King was supposed to die so pointlessly in the books as it did on the screen. There is probably more to it.

they do speak in the books

>there is probably more to it
There’s a reason he hasn’t finished yet. He doesn’t know what happens next.

We should have known it was shit the moment we first laid eyes on the virgin autist.

Maybe not. But you are judging an incomplete work.

As for me, it sounds like a parable to human made climate change
> Leaf tells Bran Stark that her people created the White Walkers to defend themselves when Westeros was invaded by the First Men
"The winter is coming" is for us "climate change is coming"

In the books they're actually beautiful creatures that look more like elves made of ice than withered, frozen mummies. They also speak in a voice that sounds like cracking ice, though they are unintelligible.

There's no Night King in the books. We know jack shit about book White Walkers and they've been almost completely irrelevant so far.

There isn't a Night King in the books. Others are completely different entitites too, more like necromancer ice eldar than frost zombies

There's no Night King in the books YET. Remember he only got introduced to men at Hardhome, which takes place after the book content had run out.

>I dun wan those rates Dany

>critcizes Tolkien for saying that Aragorn was a wise and good ruler without elaborating on what he actually did
>GoT ends with Bran becoming king because he's wise and good
B R A V O

>Despite the fall of Sauron, there were significant kingdoms of evil Men that had to be dealt with before the White Tree could grow in peace. In the appendices Tolkien states that Éomer fulfilled the oath of Eorl by riding with Elessar to war on the plains of Harad and beyond the Sea of Rhûn, so it is clear that fighting continued with at least some of the Men who had allied with Sauron in the past. It has been suggested that ultimately these campaigns were successful, as the Easterlings and Haradrim were at least subdued, or even became part of the Reunited Kingdom. Many former slaves of Sauron were freed and were given land in Mordor, around the Sea of Núrnen, for their own.

Night King in the books is completely different entity, he was a Stark(possibly) who fucked a female other then proclaimed himself king of the wall and got fucked up when a Stark and a king beyond the wall went polish sandiwch on him

he wasn't an other, they are a separate race from humans that's why they're called OTHERS in the first place. and in the books they weren't created by children of the forest, they actually exterminated the midgets until midgies made a pact with first men to drive them off

The book character doen't even have the same name. It's "Night's King" not "Night King".

>and in the books they weren't created by children of the forest
We don't know that.
>they actually exterminated the midgets until midgies made a pact with first men to drive them off
That happened in the show, too. They were created to drive men away, but the Night King retained enough free will to essentially rebel by converting his "kill all humans" orders to "kill everything that lives", including the children of the forest.

>tfw you'll never go where no man since or after has gone before
>tfw you'll never get to claim you fucked winter itself
>tfw you'll never feel the cold blue folds of an ethereal pussy wrap around your benis
why even live bros

Attached: Night's_King.png (1131x760, 574K)

>they are a separate race from humans that's why they're called OTHERS in the first place. and in the books they weren't created by children of the forest
This is pure speculation, we don't know any of this from the books yet.

>>GoT ends with Bran becoming king because he's wise and good
Are you dumb? Bran is the God King now who can stable time loop into any outcome he desires,.

So he literally deus ex machinad himself out of that “problem”

imagine you are 1,5k pages into next books and you just found out that people don't like fascist Dany

Based fatso Tolkien
youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

like most of the problems with this season, it's not that it happened, it's how it happened
the writing was just awful. it was like they knew they had to get from point A to point B but had no instruction on how to do it

>implying he’s that far in
>implying he isn’t writing more Targaryen history instead

Is he even writing at all?