youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU
youtu.be/Ts42iuCi4IM
youtube.com/watch?v=60ItHLz5WEA
youtube.com/watch?v=UP6vlLb_85Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Okv8yAIYTFI
x-img.bandcamp.com/album/kuleshov-effect-bite03
youtube.com/watch?v=vOLivyykLqk
youtube.com/watch?v=1ye_TNP-h_g
web.archive.org/web/20140309035844/http://www.alexievich.info/knigi/VOICES_FROM_CHERNOBYL.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=MNFzdo43ZwU
youtu.be/fO7-a39L0jU
youtube.com/watch?v=67HTD4o-_BY
youtu.be/C1fs7KFZXMs
youtube.com/watch?v=TLuKXOVnzhE&list=PLHBuAIh8m2Sspvr_a-UXGa1qY1hTVU7SE&t=127
youtube.com/watch?v=jefGwY87K7c
youtube.com/watch?v=1vRYwaJC5FY
steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1625148260779357151
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

пepвый

even Mary Suekov couldn't outsplain the fucking KGB

Идитe нaхyй pycoфoбы!!

Attached: 15200816029791.png (1400x569, 550K)

fucking based coal chad
top tier episode

Can't wait for the scene where Lyudmilla grows a tentacle and facefucks Iodinefu with it lads

>Select all squares with buses

When does the third episode come out?

Attached: yourefucked.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

it's out now user

Did the minerbros get looked after? :(

Remember to put sunscreen on

Attached: Just a sunburn.jpg (1118x947, 145K)

Vasily's wifes account of seeing them in the hospital is outright depressing.

>When Luda went to the ward to the guys, they played cards. As if nothing had happened. Laughing merrily.
>The doctors scared me so much that I didn’t expect to see our guys as they were before – cheerful, cheerful. Seeing me, Vasya joked: “Oh, boys, she found me here too! Well, my wife! ”He was always such a joker. Guskova warned me that you can not touch her husband, no kissing.

And then both of them talking about their unborn child, which dind't make it because of how much she absorbed in Pripyat and then from being around her husband. Right in the feels.

>“If a girl is born, we’ll call her Natasha,” Vasya told me. – A boy … boy name Vasya. “Then I didn’t even think what he wanted to say, and began to joke, they say, why would I need two Vasya and how would I distinguish them. And suddenly his face suddenly changed: it was so cheerful, and then it seemed as if all the dash had gone down, it became sad. I have never seen such a change in an instant. I think he knew that he was doomed, and he wanted to leave behind him a memory – the name of his son.

Where's the graphite, guys? Tell me

Attached: U4rofG5.jpg (752x1071, 881K)

Fix your country first, commiebloke

I dont have HBO I watch them on free online streaming services so it will be another day for me then until its up :(

>hard physical labor at 50°C

They are beyond human.

not there

Attached: Ch2vE0FUoAARt1q.jpg (960x658, 200K)

The vast majority of them made it. A lot have developed heath issues down the line though.

finally that prick Hickey got what he deserved

google ololo
it's up

is this worth watching

>“At the beginning, we thought that in some extremely contaminated zones we would use robots,” wrote Igor Kostin in his 2006 photo-book ‘Confessions of a Reporter’. “We had even sent a very sophisticated German robot to the plant’s roof. But he refused to obey - the radioactivity had disturbed even the machines. Afterward, he rolled over to the edge of the roof and threw himself from the top of the plant. One might have thought he had jumped.”

Attached: WALLE.png (534x534, 336K)

>health issues from """"""""exposure""""""""""
>not just getting old
Bet you saw graphite and shit too.

Here

Attached: BibaBoba.png (1680x1050, 2.27M)

They managed to make a minor feedwater incident spectacular and dramatic.

Attached: 1558141345853.png (900x676, 410K)

L-Lads I’m at work and my boss wants me to move the graphite we have in storage. What should I do?

I'd rather be eaten by man-bear-pig

Tell him there's no graphite to be seen

Of course. The official death toll was only like 50 people, all people working at the plant or first responders to the disaster.
All other deaths, elevated cancer rates, elevated rates of birth defects and the like have been controversial and never proved conclusively.
All TV dramatisations have overplayed the extent of the disaster, including this one.
By and large the consensus today seems to be that the Soviets overreacted when they created the Exclusion Zone and forced so many people to evacuate.

Attached: ScentedSecretBoar-poster.jpg (1920x1080, 70K)

>the virgin soviet box sarcophagus to last 30 years
>the CHAD EU DOME SARCOPHAGUS TO LAST 100 GORILLION YEARS MADE WITH OWN VENTILATION SYSTEM AND ROBOTS TO DISMANTLE THE 30 YEAR OLD MESS

Attached: 1555463649694.jpg (970x545, 275K)

He's fucking bubbly.

What an excellent fucking episode. That miner chief guy is yet another addition to memorable characters. Scherbina trying to cheer up Legasov every episode is cute as well.

>robot had more sense

Attached: 1557733261228.jpg (600x600, 57K)

There IS NO graphite you fucking dullard. Get your ass down/up there and do whatever he wanted you to really do.

Not well. You have to keep in mind that this all happened in 1986. The Soviet Union collapsed in '91. Ukranian and Belarusian liquidators probably got fucked. Not sure about the Russians.

Attached: 2752032.webm (800x400, 2.91M)

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU

>russian proverb
>not just "proverb"
You're already in Russia, Mr. KGB. That's just weird phrasing.

>next episode
>legasov throws another autistic fit about nuclear reactors and starts talking gibberish
>skarsgord looks confused and says: "In English, please."

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (1919x1079, 205K)

I mentioned that to him and he says I’m wrong and there is graphite

Daily reminder that picture is not ouchi, it is not radiation related, and to report to the kgb fanyine posting it for spreading misinformation at a time like this.

Ouchi's foot was never amputated as he would have fucking bled to death from it and there are well documented descriptions of his care that contradict everything in that photo.

Attached: 1557579002816.jpg (960x960, 315K)

>when the roentgens hit just right and you gain self awareness only to immediately plunge to your death as you contemplate the meaningless nature of your own existence

>Scherbina trying to cheer up Legasov every episode is cute as well
P O E T R Y

Attached: 1554811257138.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

based and coalpilled

fug your resolution

They're in Ukraine, not Russia

She did not get any radiation in Pripyat. Stop those lies. The radioactivity in Pripyat before she left was less than 0.025 Sieverts. It's fucking nothing

trust but verify

>You're already in Russia, Mr. KGB.
He's making a point that the "truth" is something that can be easily manipulated by media and intelligence agencies.

Lads the KGB are following me and aren't even bothering to disguise themselves anymore? What do?

Why don't the people in this look more oppressed? Why are they all working together out of a sense of common good and community? I'm confused guys

An overreaction is better than under-reacting.

Liquidators have developed a lot of health issues as a result that onset sooner in life than most people and the issues were all the same as each other. I saw a documentary that followed them around to some of their meetings and they talked about becoming disabled not long after, being unable to work, the government barely helping at all, struggling to get treatment etc.

The death toll may be low but many ended up living with shitty health.

>you'll never make a tunnel bare ass with your best bros while you make fun of your societal obligations
I just keep missing out :(

they want you to know
youre on thin ice

>Moscow
>not Russia
>Ukraine
>not Soviet Union at the time

Attached: 19874534734643645634643563.png (299x310, 179K)

What IS that photo, though?

>these men work in the dark
>they see everything

>0.025 Sieverts
Not bad but not great either.

>An overreaction is better than under-reacting
not necessarily
an overreaction can lead to a panic which can lead to exponentially more damage than the event in question

keep in mind I'm just talking in general terms, a nuclear catastrophe is definitely something one should be panicking about, especially if you're in the near vicinity

Because the alternative is death. If the nuclear disaster doesn't kill them the State will.

The estimates for this dome was just 100 years tops. The idea was when this shit fails, someone else in the future would have to worry about it and fund a new one

>ignitenko
>doesn't ignite

Attached: 1558292050822.jpg (720x720, 52K)

DELET

Attached: 1558319831479.png (372x478, 8K)

soviet one was hastily planed and contracted. It served its purpose well enough.

*sips tea*

Attached: t2ylierjtzx21.jpg (602x701, 182K)

>The idea was when this shit fails, someone else in the future would have to worry about it and fund a new one
retard
the work has only just begun. theyre breaking down the entire reactor and debris and transporting it to a safe place

Well, the SU was a multiculti country

>an overreaction can lead to a panic
Still, for an overreaction, it all went smoothly. People left calmly and considered it to be a camping trip since it would only be a few days.

Poor guy, imagine how much that hurts

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-21-13h02m18s601.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

thats more of a commentary on how shit tzarist russia was rather than how good commie russia was

anyone have the webm of Sarri doing the virgin walk down the tunnel

His brain matter and nervous system are undergoing the same process. It's likely he can barely feel anything at this point.

Yay, thanks Gulag system

there is nothing to fix you are propaganda brainwashed

>m-muh gulag
go back to your peterson echo chamber

It really was a great episode. Fuck they really delivered with this one, I have nothing to complain about. They even managed to end it with a kino fucking scene. What a great god damn show to wash out the abysmal train wreck game of thrones was.

they're all delsuional!

>PROJECTING

Let's hope so but since when is life that fair

based europe. coming to save failed russia

>onii-chan don't stop

Attached: firefox_2019-05-21_12-07-11.png (275x372, 205K)

Meant for

So when are we firing up the plant again? It's gotta be like... a couple more years?

kys tankie

you know you're the literal dregs of humanity when even other fucking commies despise you

Commie Russia better than current day Russia. Russia is still filled with fucking Russians so it will always be shit anyways

source? i can't find that anywhere online.

Everyone knows that trains run on time in a totalitarian country.

No they won't, retard. It's Ukraine's only tourist attraction, beside maybe cheap hookers. If they ever remove the debris and the reactor, no stalkerfag will ever want to visit the place. What next? Clean up Pripyat so people could move in? Fucking ridiculous. Chernobyl tours and chcolate industry are the only things keeping their economy running.

Attached: corecat.gif (300x275, 720K)

youtu.be/Ts42iuCi4IM
NOOORMIEEEEEES

>go on then. start shooting.

perhaps he is wondering why they would shoot a man before throwing him into a mine.

standing on the shoulder of giants.

Its the photo of the guy missing a foot stretched out on a bed with some pretty massive burns that gets posted every other thread and was tied to ouchi for awhile until it was debunked. You can still find articles that include the photo but its not him.
Its in the last thread if you care to hunt it down I'm too lazy.

Next to that burnt concrete.

>0.025 Sieverts. It's fucking nothing
just the same as a head CT scan (every hour)

Attached: 1535086948746.png (1134x1333, 87K)

Because they were not forced to do this. They understood their job would save billions of people around the world from nuclear contamination. Watch some interviews with miners or liquidators, you will understand.

if it was so safe and inconsequential, then why would meters in other countries be picking it up and have their alarms go off?

>everyone gets a shitty house
>everyone goes to a shitty school
>everyone gets a shitty job
>complain about anything and you get sent to gulag

Based

whoops no its not its the same as half a yearly dose permitted to US Nuclear Plant workers (every hour)

actually school education was high, if you said you were dyslexic it went like that
>dyslexic? fuck your dyslexic lazy idiot
>gets beaten the fuck out with belt
>studies and no more dyslexia

theres always the other reactors user

I know jack shit about Gorbachev, and even less about late Soviet politics. Was he considered a 'dumb' guy? In a lot of scenes he has come off as either misinformed, or as if he isn't really understanding what he's being told? Which is fair, but the actor is doing a fantastic job of a dude who doesn't really get/care about what's going on.

Uhhh, wasn't the new sarcophagus entire point to keep contained for a hundred years?

Heard you was talkin' shit!

Attached: CPM.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Sounds like US, except the last line - you just get shot by a cop.

Regulations are generally over safe

Do you think he can't feel pain as he becomes jello?

It sounds like every country ever.

that's concrete

Why wouldn't they just give them enough of something to kill them instead of letting them experience literally melting to death? From the descriptions its absolute fucking agony.

I agree fren, Chernobyl is true kino

The real Gorbachev worked as a combine driver on a farm until he studied law and started going up through the ranks. Does that sound like someone who knows stuff about science?

It was putting out that much every hour and 0.025 is half the yearly limit. You'd get the yearly limit of radiation in two hours.

yes while its broken down, transported and buried somewhere
theres a bbc4 documentary on it

Because euthanasia is illegal, duh.

who was the made up lady nuclear physicist interviewing? I couldn't hear their names and i couldn't recognise their faces

Attached: 1558348751768.jpg (500x472, 40K)

Those miners weren't about to let a state beurocrat kill them without a fight, they knew what they were worth and it was their mine.

the 3 lads from episode 1

Attached: akitup_orig.jpg (600x315, 23K)

i often hear from my grandpa and others members of the family who lived under the USSR that it was very patiotic and Nationalistic and the fact why some people miss it is not the system of communism in fact many are considered to be far-right by the modern europe standart (my grandpa definetly is) i think it is the feeling of patriotism and love for the country and people what they miss and the feeling of belonging

all is good

Attached: hhhh.png (1621x793, 2.95M)

Oops (mortality rate)

Attached: Penis.png (561x502, 24K)

Two plant workers that were opening valves in first episode.

All the people from the control room.

did every swinging dick in the soviet union get a multiple shot funeral for doing their job? fucking based

No one's perfect

Party man?

The new containment has cranes and robots on the inside in order to begin decommissioning of the reactor and plant. I recall reading the year 2060 so maybe that's when they will start. They used more than 600,000 bolts like this that weigh 1lb 15oz or 884 grams.

Attached: 6c0aqYV.jpg (5312x2988, 4M)

Who was the first guy that told science lady to fuck off?
Was it our guy sitnikov?

>Millions died
>No one's perfect

Attached: 5816e2d2a97569fd171c3bfaeaab6645.png (200x200, 52K)

Why is there no footage of the blue beam created by the explosion? We have like 80 angles of 9/11 happening

Dyatlov. Sitnikov sadly didn't appear.

>Gorbachev: Oh

>there are morons in this thread who cannot give this show praise without an oral diarrhea post about how shit the soviet union was

Attached: 1535026503707.jpg (1600x900, 59K)

Schools were alright, I'll admit, the rest was true

Communist Party Man. Go in the party, get better and better jobs. They also partied at banquets with the best stuff the country had to offer.

Poor fucking guy. He died thinking he was going to have a kid.

why are old plants and factories so aesthetic lads

Attached: DSC_0206.jpg (4288x2848, 2.91M)

It was 1986, user. The only people who had cameras were journalists and soldiers and 95% of their footage was destroyed by radiation.

So what's the verdict of episode 3? Better or worse than episode 2?

What a bunch of clubbers

Also people were generally more educated and economically better off than in shitty chaotic 90s Russia before Putin came and made things and made everyone forget they were better off before it fell

How would Tony's crew handle this situation?

Neither could she, at least not Akimov

COALED/10

Nigga are you serious? It was 1986 in the Soviet Union. You'd be lucky if you had a regular still image camera.

but he looked pretty fucked up. Dyatlov in trailer looked fine.
Are you sure it was him?

Is this including the millions dead from famine or sent to gulags?

>Legarsov, I.....I love you

Attached: 1557917289054.jpg (250x280, 18K)

>tooot tooot lasagna for dinner

Attached: 1558342123350.jpg (410x415, 22K)

These two guys need to star in a bromance drama

Millions die due to capitalism faggot

One of the biggest reasons why there is so much support for Putin is because he reminds the older generations and the boomer generation that there's something to be proud about being Russian. His actions are spun to return Russia to its former glory speaks much to the people. Sure, the elections are probably rigged and shit is corrupt as fuck but that doesn't mean there's a huge amount of population that feels he reminds them of the days of unity and patriotism.

In the West I personally am seeing the decline of community and togetherness. It's never going to come back not in Russia or in the West but I do wish that people weren't so fucking hostile to each other just because there's one small aspect of another's character they disagree with.

it was him

Why didn't she just stay behind the plastic????

Attached: 1489240652018.jpg (337x372, 17K)

Dyatlov IRL looked fine and lived another 9 years.

Legasov almost got baited at the bar. Lucky our guy Boris is there for him.

can you imagine being legasov and dispensing bad news all day
>pikalov: hello comrades, we're seeing a reduction of harmful isotopes and the fires are nearly out!
>boris: that's good right? [hopefulness intensifies]
>pikalov: but its still hot in there..... here, read this comrade legasov.
>legasov: the meltdown has begun.....
>boris: oh.... [hopefulness destroyed]
>later at the briefing for gorbchev
>boris: good news comrades! the fires are out and things are looking up! and now here's comrade legasov.
>legasov: it's still fucked. we gotta build something to conatain this mess. people are going to die in droves to build it. oh, and we have to shoot all surviving wildlife. and one more thing, we have to dig up hundreds of square miles of earth and raze all the woods too.

>sieverts roentgens ergs rads grays rems
what does it all mean anons

future so bright, he has to wear sunglasses

They really do. Top tier chemistry and relationship development.

mfw we still have the same based trucks

Attached: PuecKSRq_400x400.jpg (221x221, 9K)

youtube.com/watch?v=60ItHLz5WEA

Essentially. The Chinese say their Communist Party replaced organized crime. Didn't want competition.

Maybe people are slowly waking up in Russia now that the oil is down?

fixt

Attached: 1558436554370441.jpg (337x372, 40K)

Based sarcophagus. Thanks to everyone who contributed into building it from Belarusian user.

My grandpa had one, it was cool

>they created the Exclusion Zone
It is beautiful. It is Stalker come to reality. Did you know that Stalker was actually filmed at Chernobyl before the incident?

This show makes the Soviet Union looks based except for the authoritarian parts that Nazis would actually like

That is Vice-Chairman of the Council of Ministers and Director of Energy Shchebina to you ,comrade

Attached: 1550874032804.jpg (720x405, 112K)

She wanted that irradiated D

>pick up graphite in chernobyl once
>melt your hand
>write with graphite pencil every day in school
>melt your brain

I don't understand it.

Putin's support is in the toilet now even according to rigged public polls, lowest since 2005 or so. Most people don't trust him even though they literally haven't had any other alternative for nearly two decades.

What did pressing AZ-5 do?

'Trust but verify' is a good translation, it just lacks the rhyme:

Дoвepяй, нo пpoвepяй - Doveryai, no proveryai

>graphite in chernobyl
>graphite in pencil
Im hoping you dont need anymore info to spot the difference

>COMMunity
HMMMMMM

what do you want? We're still wearing the hats.

how light kill?

RAD LAD

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E03.Open.Wide.O.Earth.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.24.19_[2019.05 (1920x1080, 1.04M)

I was expecting a filler episode

He got a high dose (390 rem or 3.9 Sv) but not enough to kill him. He'll look like shit but recover. He had scars due to the radiation during the trial. He even got a nickname in prison which Shcherbina didn't like.

Doveryai no verify

SCRAMed the reactor

theres 5 in total. mini series dont do filler episodes

this is the exact reason why everyone ridicules American television with 23 episode seasons

>Stalker
No, it wasn't. It was shot in Estonia.

>In the West I personally am seeing the decline of community and togetherness. It's never going to come back not in Russia or in the West but I do wish that people weren't so fucking hostile to each other just because there's one small aspect of another's character they disagree with.
If the people are too distracted fighting each other they won't rebel against the system. Religion can and will be replaced with brands and consumer culture. All this shit is happening for a reason. The elite want a race of dumb obedient cattle who work and consume until they die. Don't fall for their tricks.

Attached: 06b.jpg (1200x826, 348K)

Different ways or measuring radiation exposure and absorbtion. Rems and sieverts are different types of measurements for radiation absorption.

god tier casting

Attached: nice.png (968x1620, 1.82M)

I hope there won't be a gay orgy parody based on this event

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-21-13h31m00s727.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

give me your best nuclear/radioactive Yea Forumssic

He's literally radi8ing with radness

i hope there will be

>He was producing stool 25 to 30 times a day. With blood and mucous. His skin started cracking on his arms and legs. He became covered with boils. When he turned his head, there’d be a clump of hair left on the pillow. I tried joking: “It's convenient, you don't need a comb." Soon they cut all their hair.

>While I was there with him, they wouldn't, but when I left—they photographed him. Without any clothes. Naked. One thin little sheer on top of him. I changed that little sheet every day, and every day by evening it was covered in blood. I pick him up, and there are pieces of his skin on my hand, they stick to my hands. I ask him: “Love. Help me. Prop yourself up on your arm, your elbow, as much as you can, I'll smooth out your bedding, get the wrinkles and folds out." Any little wrinkle, that was already a wound on him. I clipped my nails down rill they bled so I wouldn’t accidentally cut him.

>The last two days in the hospital—I’d lift his arm, and meanwhile the bone is shaking, just sort of dangling, the body has gone away from it. Pieces of his lungs, of his liver, were coming out of his mouth. He was choking on his internal organs. I’d wrap my hand in a bandage and put it in his mouth, take out all that stuff. It's impossible to talk about. It's impossible to write about. And even to live through. It was all mine. My love.

Invasion: Earth felt like it had at least one filler episode. It was still awesome, at least for the ending.

>Muh 6 gorillion
Western propaganda comrade

EU is pretty based, I dont get the hate it gets

Lookin pretty RADical breh

>tfw Walking Dead under Darabont was going to be only 6 or 8 episode long seasons with no filler
>AMC raged and forced the 16+ episode seasons we ended up with for muh commercials revenue

Walking Dead had the chance to be kino.

CherBONEbyl

He's got both WaVEs and particles

Daddy.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E03.Open.Wide.O.Earth.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.40.40_[2019.05 (1920x1080, 912K)

You'd think it's the same guy 10 years younger

I'm sure there would've been a decent amount of research being done because there wouldn't really have been deaths like that before, or atleast not often enough

it is the absolute opposite of based

What's gay about mining with your bros?

blue board, bud

Neoliberals plz leave

impressive

That's better

not good, but not terrible.

Ive seen worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=UP6vlLb_85Q

Attached: 1557949957541.jpg (1920x1080, 977K)

he's got small hips for a fatty, must be all that drinking

>ywn have a woman love you so deeply and strongly that she'd be willing to witness the horror of you literally decaying in front of her while also getting poisoned herself only to cheer you up and make sure you won't die alone
We truly live in the time of selfishness

Absolute bear mode, this lad

energy = constant * frequency

when it comes together voluntarily it is great i.e. sarcophagus, Airbus, concorde

Whatever you say Ivan. I'm sure those famines in China never happened either.

Wtf I love tankies now

Yeah, and China build a copy of Paris and copy of Disneyland...
...nobody wants to see them

Think i just got cancer listening to this.

Europe is great, especially Scandinavia. I don't get the hate.

youtube.com/watch?v=Okv8yAIYTFI

>math class
i'm not into it

Oh shit I'm sorry

Chinks have no souls you dont need to bring them into this

x-img.bandcamp.com/album/kuleshov-effect-bite03

I recall one user saying it was a victim of some Chinese industrial accident, some kind of a chemical fire I think, which doesn't sound unfeasible.

youtube.com/watch?v=vOLivyykLqk

STALKER MINI SERIES FUCKING WHEN HBO

be more careful next time, or I'll report you to the fags

absolutely fucken disgusting

source? i shouldn't read more about such an awful thing but i want to

I made an entire album about Chernobyl a few years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ye_TNP-h_g

32%, according to the state's own VTsIOM. Absolutely pathetic for what is effectively a dictatorship.

That's a huge factor, yes. The recent decision to hike up retirement age to the level of average male expectancy (meaning that about half of all Russian men won't live enough to retire in any way) for example caused a lot of simmering resentment to start bubbling up.

>its a metal band has zombie noises on its track episode
how original

You mean Roadside Picnic mini series?

its on libgen

Attached: file.png (348x500, 213K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

every light has a length.
long "light" = radio
short "light" = gamma

high frequency = low length
gamma = high frequency
Energy (gamma) = constant * high frequency
= high energy

very simple

Those firemen didn't deserve this type of fate.

>Oi! juu some sorta bleemin' ediot, eh? Piss off up the roff an' tell uz whatcha see, oi'll stick the kettle on.

Attached: h.jpg (1200x800, 74K)

web.archive.org/web/20140309035844/http://www.alexievich.info/knigi/VOICES_FROM_CHERNOBYL.pdf

Attached: Naive Idiot.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

you guys know how to shovel coal?

awesome, thank you user

they should have just shouted theyre going to tell everyone about the accident for a bullet to the head

disgracefully ugly brutalist shit

>music video
oh boy

you teach?

The ONLY thing that bothered me this episode is how unrealistic it was for soviet workers to openly talk shit about soviet Russia/Moscow. Felt more American than Russian.

Attached: 1527288158405.jpg (960x736, 67K)

delete this

>we have our orders
>our orders to die
Kek such shitty and to the point lyrics. Ever heard of a metaphor?

I don't deserve to be in day 2 of nicotine withdrawals but there you go.

And they still did because it had to be done. Letting the fires burn meant even more radioactive dust flying everywhere.

Attached: 839[1].jpg (1600x1065, 281K)

Either would be fine t.bh

IS THERE AN AUDIO BOOK VERSION???

Attached: 1529123073709.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

>tfw no nuclear vacation

Attached: 1558428588164.png (984x656, 1.41M)

>Akimov's skin was completely blackened to a charcoal color and he had no face.

Fuck me...

READ NIGGA!

Attached: EsteemedMassiveChupacabra-poster[1].jpg (480x368, 15K)

Hold on tone, are you sure it was the tank that blowed up, a whitecoat appointed by the interior decorator department told me about graffiti on the ground

Do you know how Soviet workers/Russians actually talked during this period?

that's a big bolt

fucking travesty.

how the hell was he able to speak even? I know from radiation theraphy that the cells within your digestive system are the most sensitive to radiation. which would include his mouth

>They're spraying that shit next to the Bing?

So did the firefighters even accomplish anything or were they basically marched to their deaths to keep up appearances

Why the sunglasses?

is this what its like to be 12 and make a song that you think is really deep

Mr Hickey died of AIDS

Eyes damaged by radiation.

Cause he's RADiated as fuck and sunlight hurts

any good audiobooks about this disaster'? the other user just gave me a smug shit post

You have to remember this is the USSR. Blue collar workers were treated with a certain level of respect and coal miners kept the whole economy running.

It was 1986, the glasnost (openness) era. And the Warsaw Block people had talked shit about the system/Moscow since the 1960s. They just had to be careful about it, or end up like Czechoslovakia.

Attached: Prague 1968.jpg (500x391, 64K)

>1986

why did everyone (in the series and IRL) only talk about plutonium, caesium and shit that got scattered around with the explosion, but what about uranium? that shit has a halflife of a million years, it couldn't magically stay inside the core or what
(inb4 le reactor didn't explode meme)

Attached: 1558303129146.png (900x788, 1.3M)

>Carmella would you please fix the COOOOOOORE

>There are things that aren't discussed by us, this is our Slavic modesty coming through. But you should know, since you're writing this book. Those who worked on the reactor or near it, their—they—it's a common symptom for rocketeers also, this is well-known—their urino-genital system ceases to function. But no one talks of this. It’s not accepted.

>Audiobook
Use your eyes, unless you're blind.

A monument dedicated to the liquidators that will show up in the next episodes.

Attached: 52fcb8f45536c070dad928dd146c7087[1].jpg (1024x768, 115K)

the 80s were a magical time...

Attached: 2wcem15.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

dump all the radioactive materials into the dnieper river

What a terrible and backwards society

>youtube.com/watch?v=MNFzdo43ZwU
went on the rest of the channel and found this. what the fuck is the deal with you guys?

soviet normies constantly shit talked about the party. It was permitted because it didn't really pose a threat to the gov.

best shoop out there holy shit

Nobody gives a fuck about what a miner says. Making fun of socialism was the number two past time of the people. The only unrealistic part is the le secret interviews disguised as a nurse.

yeah, but fireman is a dangerous work, they often burn alive

youtu.be/fO7-a39L0jU

This guy thought it was a bad idea to accidentally into Czechoslovakia.

Attached: august-1968-1000x600[1].jpg (1000x600, 117K)

people seems misinformed about radioactive isotopes. half-life has nothing to do with how dangerous a substance is. it's the type of radiation, it's energy, it's activity and probably a whole much more things. The substances with short half-life should most likely be the most dangerous.

>akimov's face when he finds out he did something wrong

disgusting

The dark irony is that he actually died alone because she was at his colleague/friend's funeral when he passed away.

>Carmella will you please shut the DOOOOOR TO THE COOOORE

If there could be another miniseries made by the same people as Chernobyl, what should it be about?

Columbine?

Soviet normies were well educated, played chess and several musical instruments for fun instead of vidya/gay 80s cartoons, drank vodka and fucked, sounds pretty based

During the time they sprayed water on the open core they made things worse by fueling the fire.

science, engineering and business are the 3 things the eu is good for.

Mamma mia! Princess Peach, I'm ready!

look up "Radio Yerevan Jokes"

Attached: POCCNR.png (1360x1813, 2.9M)

Sounds good until you have an incompetent retard like the shoe factory guy running your city or in the case of Chernobyl your head engineer being a guy with a mail order degree.

Jonestown

War in Chechnya

Attached: 1558418011767.png (1220x938, 1.04M)

They actually made it slightly worse by creating more steam

Fukushima, obviously

There's a song based around that
youtube.com/watch?v=67HTD4o-_BY
Title = Impotent
>In Chernobyl I worked and lived
>and for that I got a medal
>what the fuck do I need that medal for
>my wife ran away from me
Obviously it doesn't sound right in english but the whole song is about a guy whose dick doesn't work and it's mentioned that he worked in chernobyl

yes x 100

Yeah they were still Russians so therefore retarded unfortunately

Here's your uranium bro. Airborne particles are worse. The Iodine 131 that was in the air has a half-life of 8 days but it deals a lot of damage in that time. Strontium and Caesium have a half-life of 30 years and they're also bad.

Attached: tumblr_ms2bziqc6W1sqiaxoo2_500[1].jpg (500x354, 62K)

Attached: _.jpg (2000x1333, 1.03M)

WE WUZ STOPPED CHERNOBYL

Attached: 1556365922794.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Cool shop

Attached: Sunblock5000.jpg (985x530, 150K)

South Sea Company
Economic bubble that almost bankrupted Great Britain, a truly hilarious shitshow.

A series about the Chechen war with this sort of production quality would be fucken awesome

there were three other reactors and buildings etc.
That needed protection from fire

Romania is still remembered fondly in Czechia because it was the only WP country that refused to participate in the invasion.

Attached: unnamed-384x480.jpg (384x480, 48K)

are niggers product of radiation?

Attached: 1521161737287.gif (728x720, 550K)

yes it all makes sense but it just made me wonder that everything got airborne and carried away with the weather but not uranium

heyy babe this thing isnt going to suck itself

Attached: 1558411324699.jpg (800x600, 110K)

Bodyguard would always wear the armor in picrelated btw

United Fruit Company

What face?

youtu.be/C1fs7KFZXMs
Post related music.

This fucking show. Jesus fucking Christ. Those poor irradiated bastards went fucking TRANSLUCENT.

It's out, Valera!

Attached: the fire is out.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Chechnya - yes. Imagine that ravaged Grozny, where chechens prowl the cold wet streets with RPGs and you try to survive. The religious and culture tensions between the russian troops and chechen insurgents. Not sure how they'd recreate the war torn city... Ukraine maybe?

Or maybe some Balkhan slaughters? I'd love to see them cast remove kebab guys and record the whole song.

Attached: czecz.jpg (700x466, 87K)

make new thread

Pure kino. Man sacrificing himself to contain the power of the stars.

Why did they try to portray him as some pretty boy that would try to force the miners to come to chernobyl at gun point like cattle?

Attached: not nice.png (184x350, 89K)

>another week
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My dad was a coal miner. They're the same hard motherfuckers the whole world over.

And war in Afghanistan based on "Boys in Zinc" book.

Reminder that Green Peace thinks Chernobyl killed millions of people and a global conspiracy is covering it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=TLuKXOVnzhE&list=PLHBuAIh8m2Sspvr_a-UXGa1qY1hTVU7SE&t=127

Attached: file.png (600x278, 316K)

It would be great to see a non-meme show about 9/11.

I'ts so rare to feel such horror and deep emotions from such a seemingly simple series.

Attached: crying pepe2.png (311x263, 88K)

Do Russians really drink vodka constantly?

RASENGAN

>She starts sucking
>Dick comes right off
Hot.

Does iron get carried away? Uranium is among the heaviest naturally occurring substances.

Yea Forums why aren't you pumping water into my reactor?

>what horror? everything fine

Attached: 1558289112g0752.jpg (657x527, 78K)

Looks all right to me, comrade. Not great but not terrible.

not in mother russia

I hear John Bobbitt became a porn star btw

Oh no... Pepe... Umm..

chernobyl happened after 1950

Unrelated, but might give the emotional background to the thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=jefGwY87K7c

th-there is no r-reactor, comrade Dismissinov...

Attached: kik.jpg (550x825, 93K)

I've met a few Ukrainians and Russians while studying abroad. They prefer to drink vodka from one glass and the orange juice/whatever chaser from another glass. You're also supposed to eat while you drink.

I lived in Slovakia for a couple of years when I was 3 and I recall my mom telling me stories that the locals didn't quite enjoy our presence. Glad to see the situation is different in Czehia.

youtube.com/watch?v=1vRYwaJC5FY

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-21 Тёмная ночь Поёт Марк Бернес HD Tiomnaya Noch Temnaya (838x674, 257K)

Attached: 7af49d4f13797ba06b7f80d4c235fa22eae91c8b.jpg (1919x908, 1.61M)

>/chrnbl/

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E01.1.23.45.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb-0015.jpg (1920x1072, 238K)

New thread

Fucking kek.

true leader of coal miners

Attached: 1539848690426.jpg (1280x720, 229K)

these were miners. They could afford to talk shit since the whole Soviet industry depended on them. It's absolutely realistic.

Where is this from?

It wasn't the res. It was the RADs. Literally. The radiation fucked up the film.

wheres all the good fucking webms u cunts?

steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1625148260779357151

Czechia and Slovakia are historically very different countries despite their former shared state, so yeah, their attitudes also tend to be quite different.

Fucking Jeor Mormont!

Attached: Coal Watch.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

Holy shit.

oh shit bro

Attached: 1413873040204.jpg (448x458, 41K)

Beer is also better in Czechia.

Attached: 5874-0w600h600_Pilsner_Urquell_Czech_Beer[1].jpg (600x600, 28K)

Nuclear reactors getting out of hand is nothing major civilians need to worry about too much. The explosion and resulting fire is a problem but not one that people should be more fearful of than typical fires.

The radiation that comes out of nuclear fission done in power plants is low compared to that of nuclear bombs.

>an overreaction can lead to a panic which can lead to exponentially more damage than the event in question
This. Which is why dirty bombs are the perfect weapons for terrorist. They're not actually dangerous but they're great at scaring the ignorant. Imagine detonating one in the center of a major city. People would evacuate and refuse to inhabit it for decades.

Fucking Chad stride and all.

>pretty boy
For contrast with the bulky miners.

Wtf that's one of our old meme pics, where did you find that?

Chernobyl, in spite of being an event of bureaucratic nonsense and stupidity, ultimately was something that was resolved and efforts were made to not make things any worse. Sure, people were left to rot and their sacrifice is poorly remembered but it is somewhat of a done deal even if we have to improve the sarcophagus today.

The problem with a 9/11 story is that after such a tragedy we decided to fuck things up further by several magnitudes greater than the event itself. As the world's richest nation our politicians tried to block funding for treatment of our heroes, we went through two wars in haste that destabilized the world allowing even crazier fanatics to take a hold in those warzones, and we made legislation that was both useless and ineffective at preventing this from happening again.

Chernobyl led to the fall of the Soviet Union. Sure that's a big deal but it's not like that's considered a fuck-up by anybody's part handling Chernobyl. I think in the "clean up" after 9/11 everyone can agree was fucking handled in the worst fucking way imaginable. With Chernobyl someone can sit back and say, "I'm glad we handled this problem"; I seriously don't feel like we handled 9/11 in any way that could be considered optimal.

porn

What a great fucking scene.

is that the real deal or a prosthetic/CGI?

>tfw the 3.6 roentgen hits you hard

Poland was already big striking zone during that time, Chernobyl wasnt really the ultimate fall

>no Bane angle with those 2 soldiers
Missed opportunity

For Ukraine.

Please be American elsewhere.

>When I hear the stories, even I am shocked.
>I know who she is.
KGB guy was a goldmine of awesome lines.

Attached: trust but verify.png (1920x1080, 3M)

U wot m8

Attached: Coal Intelligence Agency.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

>Do you feel in charge?

>implyginge

or, Weekend at Sunburnie's

Attached: firefox_2019-05-21_12-28-14.png (1013x822, 1.29M)

Nigga stared directly into the core, what do you think happened to his eyes

Attached: booleets.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

it's ok guys, he has 5 years

>and this gives you power over me?

Is he the same actor?

m8 i was on /o/ when jimmy first started posting

Man that's going back some years. What state? Same as JimJam or were you interstate?

Attached: don't care lol.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)