Chernobyl Gallery: imgur.com/a/TwY6q
Previous disaster -->

Attached: ch_sh.jpg (1440x959, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xRzeOzsZCX0
youtube.com/watch?v=6uLpY1TSAwI
atlasobscura.com/places/ovum-ii
youtube.com/watch?v=V0mke7vSB3Y
npr.org/books/titles/138350923/voices-from-chernobyl-the-oral-history-of-a-nuclear-disaster#excerpt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>havent seen the episode yet
>figure i'll just come to /RBMK/ anyway since you can't spoil real life
>see screencap of guy absolutely eviscerated and deteriorating while still living
>mfw
AAAGGHHHHHHHHHHH WE JUST KEEP GOING DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO THE FUCKING NIGHTMARE

Attached: IMG_4409.jpg (352x550, 95K)

Dere's gwafite on de woof!

Attached: 23.png (642x507, 13K)

why do their bodies look like lasagna ?

Because their genetic structure has been torn apart at the molecular level by ionizing radiation and their cells can no longer properly function or maintain themselves.

Attached: not great but not terrible either.png (372x478, 8K)

Attached: kik.jpg (550x825, 49K)

he's so cute

>muh genes

Attached: delusion poisioning smile.jpg (1280x1411, 314K)

Can we get a 6 days after exposure, pasta tagliatelle apu?

mirin' them shoulders

ah-bloo-bloo

You know how the body decomposes after you die?
ARS is that but you're still alive and you feel all of it

>Perfectly normal, comrade Pizzafasikov.

Attached: 1558288834kk137.png (396x385, 157K)

Soviet Ron Jeremy was the best new character.

Prove me wrong.

I thought I fucking knew that head miners face, he used to be in the UK soap Eastenders he played a husband you used ot beat his wife

I knew I knew his face from somewhere

Attached: 200px-Trevor_morgan_eee.jpg (200x239, 11K)

Attached: asdasdas.jpg (567x462, 23K)

>Hisashi Ouchi
>Ouchi

Attached: 6e6.jpg (1000x1000, 97K)

Proof that whatever deity that exists has a sadistic sense of humor.

Attached: 1557785379689.jpg (680x834, 141K)

why are they wearing clothes?

>there's only one drawfag
>he isn't a footfag
we were so close, brothers. so close.

Attached: 1558187296470.jpg (1482x958, 67K)

Were Tolkien's dwarves naked too?

Based chad-miner.

>tv thinks chernobyl will win awards
>not hbos native son about a nigger that is a good person and listens to mozart

where have you guys been since 2006?
the jews just throw gold at nigger bait to make themselves seem modern and hip

Janny why did the Deputy Chairman see two general threads in the Catalog?

Attached: 1535654715861.jpg (747x756, 22K)

because there was probably some reports of some of the miners mining naked.

and for drama/hollywood BS they made them all naked instead.

just like the imaginary physicist knowing more than an engineer, or the chopper crash.

Attached: 1557818822335.jpg (697x800, 230K)

Yeah and like I said, the only thing that would make them "right" about was being good comrades. You don't cut through a phonebook of procedures and warning signs and then cry "b-but I dindu nuffing wrong"

life is pain comrade

Attached: 00.png (1676x2845, 2.79M)

I can’t put my finger on why I think this show is so good. I think I was really convinced in episode 1, during that shot where the two plant workers are looking into the hole in the reactor building. I didn’t know the meaning of the term kino until I saw that

>intentionally shitty memes
i love it but this is going to end poorly once idiots think they're in good company

post yfw you realized /chrnbl/ is just a better name

Attached: FaceApp_1558425006667.jpg (1706x960, 446K)

Attached: 1558417913418.png (900x676, 410K)

I fucked up an hour ago and chrome did not allow me to delete it. Sorry, comrade.

1st episode
>The reactor is still intact, send the pumps through
2nd episode
>There was no graphite outside of the reactor, it was concrete.
3rd episode
>???????

That fucking ep4 preview comrades

This man is in shock, get him to the infirmary.

i am totally not eating my lasagna lean cuisine now

CAVIAR SANDWICH!

tuesday morning with the radiation boys

Attached: 1557993883729.png (1282x1024, 1.41M)

literally the ONLY thing wrong with this show is the annoying holier than thou physicist woman
if she were left it out or if it was a coolheaded man instead it would be a stone cold 10/10 so far from me

Seeing double is often a sign of a brain injury, comrade should consult with a physician.

Spaghetti kino is back on the menu boys

Attached: 1535593168616.jpg (1920x1072, 275K)

everything beyond 200km is safe?

miner's pee pee

>penis inspection day at Vladimir Lenin High school

Id love to see the underground shot of elephant's foot reimagined into a beautiful feminine, but cool, core-chan footsie

youtube.com/watch?v=xRzeOzsZCX0

Real footage of mining operations

>everyone did everything right

I think the sound design plays a lot into that aswell. the sirens, creaking steel and geiger counters blend it with the soundtrack and enhance the already oppressive atmosphere

He will be useful

pizza boys

Attached: chernobyl.jpg (1094x758, 145K)

You’re delusional, there is only one. I bet you think RBMK reactors can explode as well. You should take yourself to the infirmary

Radiation won't hurt my unborn child

Attached: 01.jpg (1910x954, 149K)

>we got to get the rof clean bros
>there's fuggin graphite up there
>if you stay longer than 30 seconds you die
Sarcophagus episode is going to be sadical.

Attached: 1548332957575.jpg (437x501, 46K)

Better off desu. The italian ones are gross.

why can't it just be a cute lil ele instead?

Attached: 1549588548136.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

what was with the sunglasses wasn't there a pic of some guy IRL exposed to radiation that wore sunglasses?

Attached: EmpireOfTheSun-d47.jpg (1024x570, 134K)

why he looks like andy samberg

How differently black skin reacts to Core-chan splendor?

Dying this way or getting your face smashed by Kingslayer?

What I want to know is who is the guy at the start of the first episode? The one making the recordings denouncing Dyatlov.
And who killed him? Was it the guy watching from across the street?

>Go mine this shit out in 50 degree air, it will definitely not be for nothing :^)

he hung himself, you dunce

what's the soviet equivalent of monster?

How different are UK soaps from US ones?

no, they had fans

Attached: so dense.gif (245x177, 993K)

>not showing their pee pees
Disgraceful, really

legaslov literally said he was panicing to know if he was sending them to their deaths for nothing

it's Legasov (Jared harris) in 1988

legasov
suicide

dropping the audience into the scenario with little or no explanation of what is happening can be an effective way to create tension. Add to that a marvelous set design, lighting, music, script and performances.

Attached: 1557690038146.jpg (1223x1800, 490K)

well he was so lol

So the firefighter's wife is dead huh

Attached: 1465587658720.jpg (600x700, 134K)

>script
That's where you wrong, kiddo

Valery Legasov

wiki is your friend

good night comrades
see you next week

Attached: cat.gif (300x275, 720K)

>I didn’t know the meaning of the term kino until I saw that
>that
zoomers are so easily impressed and amused

Nah she lives HOWEVER

Nope but her baby is

the helicopter crash actually happened though.

nope just her baby

Attached: 1.png (426x260, 55K)

I get the sensation that cleanup jobs like this only happen because the people doing the work are left in the dark about the environmental hazards of doing this work. It would take only five minutes to explain to everyone the bullet analogy and another five minutes to explain basic cell division biology.

I think about how during the cleanup of 9/11 how many government authorities and rescue worker leaders just refused to inform workers on the ground to wear breathing protection even though scientists were screaming as loud as they could that the dust was basically the most toxic shit imaginable. And now they're all basically getting cancer.

It's so fucking weird that for the past forty years the importance of personal protective equipment isn't just the most common thing. I was doing support work at a forest fire and I never fucking took off my respirator and when I went to camp I bagged my clothes, which I took off before entering the building then immediately showering. But everyone else was just walking around sucking in the smoky air that was literally bad enough to kill young children or permanently damage their lungs for life. Some people just didn't know, those who were informed just didn't care.

it wasn't even a great shot either, it was just spoopy
there were probably dozens of more-kino shots in just that one episode

The helicopter crash actually happened, though.

not lik dat, comrade

I've said that kino should be kept brief before but I actually think 5 episodes isn't enough
They should have made between 7-10

Why exactly do things close to radioactive material become radioactive themselves? Is it because it splits your normal molecules into unstable isotopes?
The graphite for example, why was that radioactive when it's not like it's absorbing any radioactive material like humans could actually be breathing it in.

With no survivors

>"Comrade Akimov, shouldn't you be in the Control Room?"
>"no Comrade Dyatlov, Comrade Whiskov is on duty right now."

>Rasputin killed by blow to the head
>Rasputin, young
>Rasputin, hugged by anyone upon death
>Rasputin, a perverted mystic, a stain upon Russia's history, displayed in an official building like this

how can you be so wrong?

It depicts a Czar, Ivan I think, after he killed his own son in a fit of rage. It's a lovely painting by Ilyia Repin, one of the best by this artist. Some say it represents the death of monarchy itself, at it's own hand. The communist party certainly used it as a reminder of the perils of monarchy, a system which enthrones Filicides.

Attached: 1545577254664.png (2376x1552, 2.06M)

I can't speak for American soaps but UK ones are generally about the day-to-day grind, drink, pubs, drink, alcohol, adultery, fighting, domestic abuse, shouting, did I mention pubs and drinking? they're pretty fucking depressing bordering on fantastical and unbelievable senarios, and I don't watch them

tl;dr they're shit

She lives. But miserably.

What's gonna happen with the miners?

Attached: 1503933171341.jpg (493x449, 43K)

i have bad news for you, user

you have, at most, 100 years to live

>first one to explains how to fly near cranes gets to - actually nevermind

Attached: crashing this helicopter.webm (1280x640, 2.6M)

Carbon (graphite) does because it absorbs neutrons then decays later but I think the firefighters were radioactive because they inhaled/ingested so much radioactive dust

25% of them die
also everything they did was pointless

Liquidators next week comrade, brace for kino

More lead coffins

how about /3.6/ ? Are numbers and punctuation illegal characters ?

Where did you get that 25% bullshit? From show creators?

why did the reactor explode?

capitalist

>he doesn't participate in the almost daily threads
huh???????

miners gonna mine

explain what is wrong with the script

Attached: 1558422042845.jpg (333x492, 51K)

trick question

it didn't explode comrade, you're delusional
the radiation is only the equivalent of a sun tan

Attached: 5un6ur7.png (1763x881, 2.32M)

>someone gets rid of the piece of metal marking the wire
>heli hits the wire and crashes
Heh, nothing personal, kid.

It's Ivan IV aka Ivan the Terrible

Are you faggots going to watch Hot Zone? It's along the same line.

I was talking to what might be the most jaded paramedic on the planet and he was basically saying people were slashing months off their lives for every day they stood out there not having their fucking respirators on. He was like, "Look at these dipshits trying to look cool with their respirators hanging around their necks. Like dipshits with sunglasses on their forehead or tucked into their collar instead of actually protecting their eyes."

they were already dead anyway,the crash made it quick and painless

It's just shit that gets on and in you. If it's in you, you bleed and sweat it back out. It's not like you turn into a big uranium man, you're just carrying it around for a bit while it rapes your chromosomes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>Wow calm down you big baby
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>Everything is fine, I tested a Geiger counter and it only maxed out because it was faulty
AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>The air is glowing because of tachyons moving backwards in time. It's okay this is a typical thing

Attached: download (1).jpg (280x180, 10K)

it only takes a few particles of fuel to make something insanely radioactive. those graphite blocks were holding the fuel rods. that's why they all wear those white suits, easy to spot contamination and dispose of.

Attached: F70666_p.eps-650.jpg (650x1592, 96K)

>"hey vasily, when did you get back from the beach?"
>"i never even left"

All sweaty arses and flopping cocks crammed into a hot sweaty tunnel, what do you think

Who is the actor? i've seen him before (no homo)

redpill me on their hazmat suits, what constitutes how well they can actually protect you

sorry my brainlet mind didn't understand that you were saying they did more to dramatize the helicopter incident rather than saying it didn't happen at all.

IIRC they say the pilot suffered due to spatial orientation issues after being exposed to the radiation, and due to the wire from the crane being hard to spot against a cloudy background, it ultimately led to disaster.

What is Chernobyl? Is it a city, an area, the nuclear reactor? What is the difference between Chernobyl city and Pripyat? They look the same on google.

>I get the sensation that cleanup jobs like this only happen because the people doing the work are left in the dark about the environmental hazards of doing this work

no, some people knowingly go to their death to save others. Have you missed the scene where the plant personnel had the danger explained to them and yet three dudes volunteered? This is the same as a soldier stopping a grenade explosion with his body to save his brothers in arms.

Every one of them will be okay

>shifts events in time
>made up meetings with Gorbachev
>3-4 Mt explosion bullshit
>200 km zone bullshit
>no other members of the governmental commission on site
>everyone is living near the plant
>all the muh KGB bullshit
There is more, but I think you get the point.

Our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our mines.

Attached: Just like our daddies taught us.jpg (1078x587, 396K)

anyone else wishing for real footage of the real people at the end?¨

it worked in band of brothers

Attached: IncompleteBlindChicken-size_restricted[1].gif (336x252, 3.36M)

>we need fans
>oh shit i'm sorry

Chernobyl is the name of the power plant

none of that makes the script bad.

thick rubber protects you from alpha and beta decay and you just avoid places with super high radiation to minimize the effects of gamma waves

>3-4 Mt explosion bullshit
Yeah, I don't know what the fuck she was talking about with that.

>Why exactly do things close to radioactive material become radioactive themselves?

Two ways:

- neutron absorption - nuclei absorb a neutron and enter an excited, unstable state. this rarely happens and is almost irrelevant for Chernobyl, except for graphite and stuff from inside the reactor (i.e. humans and clothes don't become radioactive in this way

- contamination with radioactive dust. You can eliminate that to a degree just by washing the contaminated stuff, but the firefighters breathed in so much of the radioactive stuff it is impossible to decontaminate them.

was there an attempted rescue operation?

It's a kid from Dunkirk, the one who dies in the boat I think

Barry Keoghan

Attached: 1555732949911.jpg (1420x946, 81K)

he eats spaghetti like a frustrating fucking retard in that one webm

Attached: change my mind.png (900x788, 1.3M)

Fuckin gay

yes? it's not surprising that a good chunk of them got cancer working directly under the reactor for a month.

I don't think you understand what script means

Attached: 1558423201750.png (781x640, 1.06M)

Pripyat is the city (commie block) where the Chernobyl NPP workers lived. It's North-West from the NPP. There's a Chernobyl city, but it's South-East from the NPP.

It's the name for the campus of reactor facilities and community there. They had houses, apartments, a shopping district, a hotel, etc. Basically an atomic version of a mining town.

what other roles?

>Barry Keoghan
thanks, these threads are so helpful and comfy. *hugs warmly*

So if there was graphite on the ground from the core exploding....was there uranium on the ground as well?

Attached: 1538163975636.png (486x613, 314K)

Oh, the kid from deliverance.

There is no graphite on the ground comrade, what are you delusional?

punchable.jpeg

No, it crashed so close to the core, it was impossible to get to it.

imagine being so rad you turn into pizza

>What is Chernobyl? Is it a city, an area, the nuclear reactor?
Chernobyl is a city. Pripyat was a town constructed to house the plant's workers and the people who provided services for them. The nuclear reactor was named after Lenin but was usually referred to as the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant or NPP.

Attached: chernobyl-disaster-region-map.jpg (550x514, 79K)

Never said it didn't. But it happened way later than the first dumping, but they put it in for drama and tension.

Attached: 1557864410451.jpg (3096x2045, 2.94M)

Attached: 15584260373860.png (984x656, 1.41M)

it was concrete

Attached: 1558134083678.png (1902x1314, 119K)

w-what is the 'big egg'?

It kinda does if you are not ok with shitting on history.
That number comes from Nesterenko (a director of nuclear research institute in Minsk), he did not know the corium volume or temperature so he just pulled a number out of his ass. Sidorenko and people from the Kurchatov Institute made the calculations and called him delusional. The real threat from corium getting to pool-bubbler and evaporating the water would affect 30 km zone max.

>how do we make it clear that this radioactive contact will have terrible consequences on this pregnant woman

Attached: 212753434.webm (800x400, 2.67M)

Some serious sunburn there bud

Attached: 0ivgbe2k.png (588x409, 13K)

Wow thats really funny and not worn out at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=6uLpY1TSAwI

>i don't feel too gud, komrad

Attached: 66666.png (658x662, 62K)

If you were called to work on Chernobyl, what would you do? I would try to escape the Country.

They did not work there for a month. It was 20 days per group with 3 hours shifts per day. They were living 50km from the plant. The helicopter pilots and the guys shoveling the roof got it way worse.

Don't tell me cutie nurse Zichenko is going to die :'(

So what was the name of the guy who was forced to look down into the reactor from the roof?

wouldn't mind shoveling shit off the roof for 90s for that sweet medal

Attached: s-l640.jpg (548x640, 51K)

Probably do it, I'm pretty dumb.

>he hung himself
Da, comrad, that's what you must to tell everyone

Attached: 15580928625850.jpg (598x493, 71K)

Sitnikov

By having the nurses tell her to limit her time near him and never touch him?

just like radiation I'm guessing it'll take at least 100 years to wear out. but to answer seriously, yes there probably was uranium among the debris as well

They expect one of us on the rope comrade

He'll be fine, I've seen much worse.

She survives. So does Dyatlov and Yuvchenko.

yes, that too, but the problem is, fuel rods are made of stacked fuel pellets, depending on design they can be stacked together, kept in place by a metal cylinder of some sort. Don't know if they melted from the heat in RBMK accident. If not then the explosion could potentially scatter them across the ground. It's just the graphite is much easier to distinguish cause of big chunks. Small uranium pellets would probably look just as some debris

Attached: 1200px-Fuel_Pellet.jpg (1200x781, 157K)

yeah it happened during the construction of the sarcophagus

it seems like it was standard practice in USSR to name a nuclear plant after the nearest existing town then build a new purpose-built town that's named differently for all the staff (which would inevitably outgrow the old one)

Where can I listen to the Valery Legasov tapes?

seems noble to sacrifice my shit life to potentially save millions

Attached: 05.png (1920x798, 1.36M)

it's gross and gawdy like all the soviet shit. like a medal for being gay. the monuments they put up to "honor" the liquidators are so fucking ugly it's a disgrace. If it was my dad's, I wouldn't visit it.

hang in there buddy

atlasobscura.com/places/ovum-ii

Dumb art

>ignore what nurses and doctor tell you
>get a daughter that dies on her 5th day
>get pregnant again
>son is disabled
Why are women so cruel?

>Escaping soviet union
Good luck tovarish, I'd rather fake an injury, break my leg or something

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 9K)

Fuck that shit listen to drum and bass instead
youtube.com/watch?v=V0mke7vSB3Y

Attached: 1080.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

in Moscow near the garbage can

Attached: SHINE ANAONS.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

lookin a little toasty there

STOP FUCKING TOUCHING HIM AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 134.jpg (316x202, 7K)

>she killed 30 people
>all she wanted was a fren
It hurts bros

so what's the purpose of the fancy lighting of that scene?

>It hurts bros
Myabe you should just kill yourself to end the pain, "bro"

>his face was gone

Attached: JESUS CHRIST.png (690x968, 900K)

>this episode
BENIS :DDDDD

if friends fuck, then yes, that's all she wanted.

The whole "It's Soviet Russia" disregard for life trope aside, is the reason why nobody is taking any precautions whatsoever because there needs to be haste? Safety precautions would only slow down the work and they only have a two week window between shit collapsing and getting the job done.

Take Legasov for example. He is most aware of the shit that's going on. Why isn't he just completely decked out in coveralls? Is it because everyone knows he knows the most and if he has protective equipment everyone else doesn't have it would be bad for morale?

Regardless, I'm fucking impressed at how selfless everyone is.

Come on, dude. Not cool.

We did see penises, yes.

what graphene? everything is fine

They haven't found any fuel outside, they assumed it evaporated when the temperature was really high. The estimate for the remaining fuel comes from integral dosimetry estimates.

>Why isn't he just completely decked out in coveralls?
because he knows soviet equipment is dogshit and doesn't do anything

There were no penises, you're delusional

THERE'S GRAPHITE IN THE TOILET

when you realize that the doctor was not joking

Attached: 415416.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

>is the reason why nobody is taking any precautions whatsoever because there needs to be haste?
That and they have no experience

That’s concrete

Some of the penises were bigger than mine. I shan't be watching the show anymore.

wait, it was so hot, it evaporated? uranium evaporated?
I'm not a nuclear physicist, but that sounds damn fascinating. Please, care to explain? No shit talkin here, genuinely intrigued how uranium turned into... gas? Melt? I can understand, but what insanely hot shit it must have been to obliberate uranium?

Oh I always imagined they were soda can-sized. Thanks m8.

>explosion
Infirmary

Why was the main miner guy's dic bright white?

is chernobyl the reason why there are so many gigantic boobied beauties in eastern europe? did the boobies absorb radiation and become super mega booberinos?

Attached: c7c.png (612x491, 106K)

>is the reason why nobody is taking any precautions whatsoever because there needs to be haste?
It's more like they don't have the gear. This is Soviet Ukraine in 1986 we're talking about. Even if they could line up the NBC suits to hand out it would compromise operation security. Remember that the Soviet administration denied all this shit was even happening. If even one person catches a shipping order for hundreds of crates full of cleansuits then there's no hiding it anymore.

So to answer your question it was a combination of prudence, expedience, and discretion.

>he is still pushing the "Soviet stuff is poorly made" narrative

>acting like a total faggot for (you)s
You have to be 18 to post on this site

To catch your homo eyes

>t.

Attached: tankie.png (416x424, 292K)

>>acting like a total faggot for (you)s
That's literally what you faggots do with feels posts you autistic dumbass

fixed, make the effort next time.

Attached: hu.png (612x491, 93K)

so , i was interrested in watching this show and would like to ask , how much % is fiction/exagerated for tv show purpose and how much is accurate ?

Come on, like you didn't look at his dick and compared it to your own.

Kino pic from the album. Someone had literally just left their baby when evacuating Chernobyl, and one of the liquidators discovered him

Attached: kee.png (403x598, 272K)

They pressed az5, the reactor is safe

why couldn't they use a crane to deliver the boron and silica?

Attached: 1496691802433.gif (128x128, 189K)

the basic story is true but all details are fucked up

You need only 2500 C to melt uranium oxide. And when you turn it into a liquid - it starts to evaporate. That's why mercury is dangerous at room temperature - it is not boiling, but still you get the atoms in the air. Another consideration is that the temperature is not the same every where, surely graphite burns at 2000 C but the initial temperature during the explosion was most likely way higher.

good by hbo standards
most of the changes are sacrifices for television

Accuracy to Creative License is about 70/30

Attached: PizzaSteve.png (300x336, 61K)

Because it's superior.

good song

Attached: 1558428984812.gif (500x220, 1002K)

And?
Problem?

Attached: 1546608975192.jpg (249x263, 16K)

Not all details, major part. Still good show.
I'm impressed how close to soviet times it looks and I live in freaking Belarus, where the time stays still.

Not /sci/ buddy. Keep it english and understandable.

Do the miner's walk!

Attached: 1558418371866.png (305x589, 210K)

We all did

do you think there are any brothels in Ukraine or Belorus where the girls have birth defects from radiation like two pussies or a giant mass on their throat you can deep throat for only like $50 American dollars?

That would make my cock feel real fucking good

Attached: 20190420_192447.jpg (693x720, 247K)

It had been covered in radioactive particles and blasted with ionized radiation for days (months in real life). Touching that crane to load anything on it would have been a fatal mistake.

80% accuracy
20% embellishment

>mfw there could've been a thermal explosion that would render europe inhospitable for millions of years and prevent me from being born
>a woman figured it out and stopped the happening

Because the show is retarded. The crash happened in October when the Sarcophagus was already designed and undergoing construction. They brought two cranes from Germany for this. The helis were dropping glue on the roof and other places to capture all the radioactive dust at this point.

I'm norwegian and want to go to russia. is there much mobsters and corruption or is it safe for tourists?

nofun.jpg

Attached: 04.png (1080x1645, 1.74M)

There is no god

>birth defects from radiation like two pussies or a giant mass on their throat
Mutations brought on by radiation aren't that dramatic. If you've been exposed to enough radiation to cause a significant change in your genetic structure you're probably dead or not far from it.

He looks like Oney

Fuck off, it's look sweet and has no hammer & sickle crap.

Got one off eBay years ago.

Thanks, man. I'll keep that in mind. Useful stuff.

I didn't because I'm secure in my own sexuality and length of my member.

bullshit

Won’t be able to watch for another 6 hours. Without spoiling, can you guys tell me if you liked the episode?

1>3>2

Why did they fuck up all the dates, it's not like longer timeskips would change anything

Not even infirmary could cure this delusion

Yes

The deflection patterns of alpha, beta and gamma radiation make this design aesthetic as fuck

It was heavy on the exposition so if you already know most of what's going on and how radiation affects the human body you're not going to be hearing a lot of new shit. The Soviet Miners are based though.

what kind of wagecuck gig you got?

Ok. I'll keep it simple.
1. Any liquid loses atoms to the atmosphere. It's called evaporation.
2. You don't need to boil uranium oxide to evaporate. You just need to melt it and have contact with the air.
3. Uranium oxide melts at 2500 C. That's not very far from the temperature at which graphite is burning
4. Considering fission is still happening in the reactor - the temperature can easlily be higher than 2500 at some places.

Same, I'm proud of my 3 inches

can somebody post a streaming link? torrents are very illegal here and i dont wanna miss out the fun

Attached: 1558101853358.png (540x696, 364K)

Depends on where you'd like to go. You won't have any issues in Moscow, Saint Petersburg and some other major cities, just be careful of frauds at currency exchanges and try to pay with cash, they can steal your money when paying with card.

Other than that it should be fine

Just the opposite.

He's there for so long that it wouldn't do anything. Nothing short of a lead box on wheels would've helped him keep his health.
Firefighters had 0 fucking idea what they were dealing with.
Miners didn't know they were getting fucked, but they were also underground most of the time and were workings somewhat controlled shifts (due to exhaustion).
Liquidators sometimes use lead lined clothes and work very controlled shifts, but they're also dealing the most with radioactive material.

But yeah supposedly the biggest motivator to go work was that someone had to do it.

Attached: 1_vos-small.jpg (1300x766, 158K)

Just find a russian-speaking fren and stick to the big cities or small cities in the North. Southerners are all scum.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-21-12h22m55s175.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

holy shit if I eat 20 000 000 bananas I'll die

this is news?

Go see for yourself, its in the OP

just check scr.cr it should be up in about 5-6 hours if not earlier

>general thread for chernobyl
pure 'tism

tfw i knew about the history of chernobyl for a long ass time
now you zoomer fucks know just how fucking bad they had it
its a good feeling the story got told in a way that modern dipshits know how to absorb
>sip

If you drink like 10 liters of water in an hour your kidneys will give out

fuck you could have said this earlier user. its too late for me now

based

yeah wtf why aren't you guys talking about game of thrones

did we see or hear of sitnikov during that episode? the guy that looked at the core from the roof. was he in one of the beds or have we not seen him yet. it looked like she interviewed those first 2 guys and that was it

thanks, any thoughts on Ukraine?

>have kid
>fuckin ugly little beast
>evacuate sirens start going off

Attached: 1497229250240.jpg (570x574, 19K)

ew gross

If you wank 50 times in a row you'll die

People need a place to meet. Lots of us are lonely.

jon snooooooooooo
da nooooooorffffff
wite walkerssss
baratheon meeeems

Because those retards weren't prepared for anything. Also because urgency and secrecy. In fact, Chernobyl led to the government's adoption of the policy of "glasnost" (increased government transparency) and indirectly launched the process of the Soviet Union's collapse.

It is a real picture from Chernobyl. No it is not a real baby, just an empty basket used to move tools according to my research.

miner dick

He was the one without a face I do believe

Attached: 72820e1ee648f9fdd2763aa18650fe21.png (798x652, 273K)

Guy who wrote a book on the matter says otherwise, but its your word against his

Same. I was fascinated with Chernobyl since childhood.
In fact, those names sound really creepy in Russian. Chernobyl (Black- something) and Pripyat.

their dicks fell off

No, I haven't noticed him and I doubt we will see him.I bet his only purpose in the show was fictional go to the roof under convoy scene to push evil Brykhanov and Fomin thing

gulag, your house, potato, poteto

Attached: 714152b9a3497d87865bdecdc214afa5.jpg (800x600, 100K)

they pee blood and shit guts. then their eyes liquefy.

Hypothetically, if the Russians immediately called for American aid and were willing to bypass all security checks that would hold up the help getting there, there's just no way anybody in North America or even Europe could have helped right? From Europe it would take a day for politicians to organize and just make initial calls to the workers in their own countries for aid. By the time foreign response workers could be found, organized, and properly equipped we'd be like a week in and well too late for them to be able to do anything.

I've love to know if European aid or American assets, if called upon immediately, would have done anything to help the situation. Because the window seems real fucking short. Or was the secrecy just a real fucking dumb decision even if they didn't fully appreciate the scope of the issue initially and that the West would have been able to contribute massively in the opening days of the disaster.

>secrecy
there were TASS journo's in Pripyat from day 1.

Not a single journalist or other person could corroborate Kostin's claim that people were left behind

How can there be one when pizza boys exist, how can a death like that exist?

Fomin did order Sitnikov to view the reactor from the roof and received a fatal dose of radiation, mostly to his head

BIOROBOTS

Attached: biorobot-71020466.jpg (520x800, 75K)

Did God blow up the reactor?

and his penis?

I suppose logistics would have been a problem even in your scenario because the open-air radiation bonfire was spreading so much shit so quickly.

MINERS

Attached: shahter-71020496.jpg (520x800, 63K)

It's that or capeshit. Can't have anything else on this board or it's the 'tism, nuh uh

If Soviets weren't autistic and just called everyone immediately, then it could've been done faster and safer. Same shit with that retarded faggot Putin and Kursk submarine, when they refused help from Norway and Britain I think or something.

The 3 people she talked to in the hospital were Dyatlov, Akimov and Toptunov

LIQUIDATORS

Attached: likvidator-71020434.jpg (520x800, 67K)

GOT threads? These shitposts can't have originated from there. They'd have to be split open.

Attached: _106649173_watson_2.jpg (660x371, 45K)

When GoT subsides, there'll be room for more. This thread will be one of the dominant ones, tho.

>how can a death like that exist?
Because we are utilizing the raw power of God's creation to boil water. Nuclear transmutation is the Philosopher's Stone, the way to turn lead into gold and extend human lives beyond the limits that cancer places upon us. This power comes at a terrible price of blood and suffering that won't be paid in full for a very long time.

Nope that was Akimov, the "we did everything right" guy with the glasses. Sitnikov was the other dark mustache guy with no glasses and wasn't in episode 3 except in his lead coffin.

>I'm a career party man
what do you do

Attached: yourefucked.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

>s-sorry boris

"You're here. They're not."

MAN-MADE HELL

gay alien scientist skull vs chad warrior miner skull

Attached: Screenshot_28.png (908x837, 1003K)

>bryukhanov and fomin shitting their pants
>dyatlov doing a smug pepe pose
fuck this guy is just an absolute B E A S T isn't he?

>fuck you, fuck the party and fuck communism. The White Army was right about everything.

is this from computer game?

Everyone else is delusional to him

Nah, the US and Europe's help would not do shit since they would no idea how to stop an uncontained fission reactor which had never happened before. In addition, they would need to know how RBMK works which would take time since USSR did not sell any RBMKs, only VVERs.

> torrents are very illegal here

this is real capitalism

kino

>receives a similar does to everyone else in the building (obviously not the same as the guys who directly saw the reactor)
>skin starts falling off
>gets better and dies 10 years later

10/10

Baby is fine, comrade.

Attached: 16f165266781e979a1dc.jpg (700x932, 327K)

He's probably grateful to be alive. Everyone else in the building died horribly

Probably nobody but Russia and its allies. Them irradiating the fuck out of themselves was just seen as a free W during the cold war. But they could have, containment efforts went on for a while, the sarcophagus took a couple months to build.

New thread?

le not great, not terrible face

do you think this is a documentary?
if the answer is yes, kill yourself post haste

I just get the impression that the way Chernobyl was handled was probably the best possible outcome even if it was a corrupt clusterfuck in the first few days of the incident. I'm not saying that eventual Western aid would not have been immensely useful after the seven day mark, but it seems like the Russians were on that shit as hard as they were able.

People shitpost about how this show is anti-soviet propaganda but if anything at all the heroism that exists in a fearful and oppressed population is impressive. If this was some shitty movie we'd have to waste hours of Legasov and Shcherbina, the officer who drove the truck, the divers, and the miners just having shitty drama non-stop. There's more fucking cooperation and focused action in a show like this than a movie about actual Armageddon.

get new thread

This episode was pure fucking Kino and now I don't even mind the required female inclusion.

Attached: 1541201092303.jpg (394x480, 33K)

Was this from Chernobyl or something else?

radiation doesn't work like recycled air from total recall

it just gives you cancer
or if you absorb enough of it
it turns you into a walking cheese pizza

Some survived. That Sean Astin lookalike the holds the door open but then starts bleeding lived IRL.

Calm down it's just a little Ouchie

More like by not fucking letting her in in the first place

npr.org/books/titles/138350923/voices-from-chernobyl-the-oral-history-of-a-nuclear-disaster#excerpt
The written account is somehow even more harrowing

Lyudmilla Ignatenko, wife of deceased fireman Vasily Ignatenko
At the morgue they said, "Want to see what we'll dress him in?" I do! They dressed him up in formal wear, with his service cap. They couldn't get shoes on him because his feet had swelled up. They had to cut up the formal wear, too, because they couldn't get it on him, there wasn't a whole body to put it on. It was all — wounds. The last two days in the hospital — I'd lift his arm, and meanwhile the bone is shaking, just sort of dangling, the body has gone away from it. Pieces of his lungs, of his liver, were coming out of his mouth. He was choking on his internal organs. I'd wrap my hand in a bandage and put it in his mouth, take out all that stuff. It's impossible to talk about. It's impossible to write about. And even to live through. It was all mine.

>stop enjoying things I don't enjoy reeeeee
you sound like a petulant child
perhaps it is you who should consider suicide?

NOT ENOUGH EXPLOSIONS

new bread

>woman shows prowess
>Yea Forums loses it's collective shit
everytime.avi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident

I party Valeriy, it's what I do.

We need a thread janny just to ban people that post this picture. This isn't ouchi and its not radiation related.

Attached: 1557480564619.png (221x156, 41K)

'ate chernobyl
'ate kino
'ate funny memes
'ate graphite

luv da norf
luv dany
luv stale memes
luv dragonglass

simple as

It's a bit of an asspull for her to be both a nuclear physicist at the top of her field and a talented espionage agent that infiltrates a hospital, secretly interviews patients in isolation, and only gets busted when she starts shouting about blowing the whistle on medical negligence that's irrelevant to her reason for being there.

>when you tell the radiation to stop being delusional and it works
mind over matter bois mind over matter

if they didn't deny it the fire could have stopped days sooner

Just look at their cars dude. Some stuff may be made well but they aren't the Japanese, not all their shit is quality.

The Soviet Union wasn't known for it's consumer goods. They didn't have the concept of planned obsolescence though, hence much of the machinery in the Commie bloc is still in service today.