"We let the people choose."

"We let the people choose."

BahahahahahahahahahahahahHahHHahahahahahahah

Attached: democracy_burn.jpg (1296x728, 100K)

d&d recently read the witcher series

who even are they? the only houses that i know are stark, baratheon and mommy milkies

house tully + lad of riverrun
house arryn + older armored lad of the veil
house greyjoy of the iron islands
house stark of winterfell
house sandman of dorne
house lannister of casterly rock

I feel like the random dude in the middle is supposed to be Reed

Who's representing house Lannister, there must not be many of them still alive?

tyrion...

Post the best laughing pics from this. Redeemed the entire series, in my humble opinion.

Now the King will have no power and be a puppet to his supposed vassals.
Daenerys being an all powerful leader would have been a better result than this.

And they choose water

He's a prisoner in that scene, he's not there to represent his house...

Attached: ayyy.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

thinking democratic elections are a good idea with an uneducated, feudal society, is the dumbest shit they could have pulled.

And yet he straight up named bran the king right then and there

I agree, you can't have an effective democracy with an uneducated population.
Just look at America to see the results.

A democratic election is a mistake even with an educated, modern society. Most people just vote to who ever sounds nicer or says nicer things.

Majority rule don't work in mental institutions

Yeah and Arya decides to be Captain Jack Sparrow at the last minute and Grey Worm fucks off to the island of killer butterflies. That's because the writing is retarded.

Upvote
More like AmeriKKKa

not only education is the problem, but flow of information and elective logistics too

some random dirt farmer has hardly heard of his own lord, much less some random candidates half the world away
not to mention accurate vote counting is wishful thinking, besides the fact that it would take a whole year to collect all the votes, some candidates won't survive the process.

It is folly, the best system would be to adapt the Ironborn Kingsmoot and switch all captains for Feudal Lords

Epic brown tent backdrop for the last episode, great artistic choice with the plastic bottle too. A well crafted episode.

I'm never going to read spoilers for this show because I like pretending that everyone is just making wacky shit up to see if non-fans buy it

The best system would just be to devolve primary government to the level at which democracy actually could function, and then organise assemblies to deal with collective problems higher than that level.

Basically feudalism except the barons would be elected directly by the peasantry (I think baronial elections would be doable, but if not you could even have manorial elections) and with most of the intervening ranks between barons and kings turned from fiefdoms into part of a professional public service.

Local government would be democratic but collective problems could still be addressed. Barons would not owe fealty to the king's administrators like they would to counts or dukes which would hopefully prevent the king's administrators amassing private armies of bannermen. Positions would not be hereditary. Etcetera etcetera.

The kingdom would naturally divide into 2 factions and likely fall into civil war on the next election as the newly elected king would need to bring to heel those who voted against him. Something like the start of the American civil war.

The whole thing is stupid, I'm glad I quit watching anything but youtube snippets while dany was sitting in the desert in season 2.

We're still getting that wall he promised...r-right guys?

Fuck off libtard he already built the wall

>elective monarchies can't work

Attached: 1557033637281.jpg (800x497, 113K)

>letting peasants choose anything

Smallfolk aren’t people they’re animals, none of them are educated and none of them can read. None of them know anything. A monarchy is unironically necessary under such circumstances.

*fence

Gas yourself cuck.

Attached: 1548365421052.jpg (2048x1024, 161K)

Mmm
Cock war....

Elective monarchies work IF there is a culture and tradition supporting it.

The Seven Kingdoms have no tradition of elective monarchy; it has always been based on family succession since before recorded history. Bran has no legitimacy and will be facing rebellions by Baratheon restorationists and Lannister restorationists within a few years. Any of the Six Kingdoms can easily claim that the election was forced on them under duress, or point out that after the North's secession Bran is technically a foreigner.

Westeros should be pretty depleted by now and is still facing a harsh winter. I think Bran won't face much resistance for a while. Everyone will be licking their wounds.

Any Baratheon restorationist would depend on Gendry and he won't be going against the Crown - there would be no Lannister restorationists because the Lannisters never had the Crown, and serious Lannister usurpation probably died with Tywin let alone with Casterly Rock. That's assuming Tyrion doesn't control his own house anyway.

I'm not suggesting it would be smooth sailing, but Bran has decades to sort out the Kingdom's shit and prepare for the peaceful transition of power and he WILL die without an heir so everyone will be prepared for the election to come and know that it is necessary. Sure, if Bran drops dead in 5 years time it might be different, but if he reigns for 50 years that's time to unfuck the situation. If the war in the show is as disastrous for Westeros as it is in the books then the War of the Five Kings will blast a crater in Westeros's racial memory when it comes to how to handle succession that should be worth something anyway.

I think the most probable source of conflict is not competition for the crown but independence following the North. Even then, we have Crown loyalists in Storm's End, Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Winterfell (not under the Crown but cmon, Sansa will support Bran even if not fight for him necessarily), and the Vale - to the extent that moondoorboy can be relied upon. There are close, strong personal friendships among the lords, and that will do more to hold the kingdom together than anything else. That's not a meme - the era of "reason of state" hasn't yet arrived in Westeros. Feudal politics was a lot more personal than interstate politics is today.