*saves cinema from capeshit*

*saves cinema from capeshit*

Attached: villeneuvedune_main.jpg (633x356, 214K)

one can only hope, but somehow i think he will fuck it up even more

Thanks Denis :DD

Now with fucking Zendaya being in it and a fucking faggot playing Paul.

I recently re-read it and I realized how much all the meme YA post-apocalyptic series took from it. And it was bugging the shit out of me because it started to feel like one. Maze Runner and all that other garbage fucking ruined it for me.

>mfw the mini that finally bled the original Sci Fi channel dry winds up being the closest thing to getting it right

Attached: looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-quit-smoking.jpg (471x321, 53K)

I just started to read the books, and this shit took me off guard with how immersive it can be.

Attached: file.png (1123x796, 595K)

wow, those Chani waifus look great. I will claim her

fuck me i hope they get eamon farren to play feyd

Attached: eamon.jpg (300x200, 9K)

I hope we get a Heretics of Dune and a Charterhouse Dune movie so we can see some /ss/ on the big screen

Attached: E7102A83910A46098AA5DB19CACDB8B6.jpg (640x746, 97K)

I'm most excited for this one, but feeling a bit uneasy about the lead role. pic related

Attached: 1558130514037.jpg (487x469, 50K)

>Save cinema from capeshit
>by making spaceshit with token chimps playing white people
*VOMIT*

i haven't read the books but I thought everyone was muslim

Yeah, but think high caste Iranian Muslim.

Plus the Harkonnens are straight out ginger

Na. Capeshit has tons of storylines and characters they could make movies with.

Meanwhile Dune gets pretty fucking strange in the subsequent books. They lack the same kind of mass marketability that marvel schlock has.

>I just started to read the books, and this shit took me off guard with how immersive it can be.
Its one of the best written books I've read, ever. It seemed as though the book beamed a living dream onto my head as I read it, the writing being so immersive and compelling.

>Dune adaptations always flop
>Villeneuve always flops
HMMMM

Because they weren't written by Frank, perhaps?

>Meanwhile Dune gets pretty fucking strange in the subsequent books.
Honored Matres are trained to literally fuck men to death. Its 2019, I think society is just degenerate enough to watch a movie featuring that within it's plot.

Does she like him back?

> Avengers making a billion at box office means it's a good movie!!!

Attached: 1546912615565.jpg (647x740, 54K)

CURRENTYEAR-ers could not handle dune

I want his lips wrapped around my dick.

kek

Slow down there, sport. Notice how I never said what you implied I said?
Here's the skinny: if a movie flops, that means enough people didn't go see it. And if people don't go see it, how will it save anything?

The main actor is a jew.

Denis has made some great work.
Unfortunately 2049 was a real step down for him.
I think he's finally sold out.

I'm only referring to Frank's books. Far as I'm concerned Frank is the only Dune author.

>thought this was a based fantasy
>it's fucking sci fi
Dropped already

The Atreides are italian aren't they?

How the fuck did you think it was fantasy? Was the only thing you saw about it the sandworm?

>jaba the hutts that pilot ships with because of magic powder
>space muslims who ride giant sand worms
>living human calculators
>space emperor turns hisself into a giant worm penis looking thing
how is this any better then capeshit?

Dune has had its time.
Sanderson should have been the new hotness but he's also run his course.

Even while trying to make it seem as dumb as possible you still made it sound 10x more interesting than capeshit

The Dune Universe is literally set in like 10,000AD and Earth has been an atomic wasteland since 5,000AD, no-one is anything any more.
Which doesn't excuse them shoveling in PoC, I'm just saying that Atredies aren't Italian.

Kwisatz Haderach is a Hebrew term, so... OK?

> Vladimir Harkonnen isn't a lardball
THIS IS NOT KINO

Well I meant based on. Just like the fremen are based on muslims, the Atredies are based on either italians or greeks and Harkonnens probably on brits or scotts or the irish and Bene Gesserit are jews

Pffft OH NONONONO HAHAHAHA
This wouldn't even make as much as Blade Runner 2049.

I guess the thinking machines are Chinese

The mentats don't really have their own culture so I don't think they count. They come from loads of backgrounds and don't have anything that really unifies them like the Gesserits.

it's soft sci fi, so it's just fantasy in space

Top five favorite directors

Denis Villeneuve
Ingmar Bergman
Andrei Tarkovsky
Michael Haneke
François Truffaut

ranked from best to worst

That's the Ixians

The jews are the jews in the books. The closest second to jews aside are the tleilaxu.

>cloners

Yeah fair point.

You don't need to read the books. They're horrible. The story is basically a space opera version of Muhammed's conquest of the Middle East with a touch of Hitler and Genghis Khan thrown in for good measure. Yes, the MC at one point praised himself for outscoring these people in the amount of atrocities commited. The author backpedals on the galactic genocide in later books.

I thought the Atreides were Spaniards

>Muhammed's conquest of the Middle East with a touch of Hitler and Genghis Khan thrown in for good measure. Yes, the MC at one point praised himself for outscoring these people in the amount of atrocities commited
Thanks for the recommendation, will read it.

It's basic math, a negative multiplied by a negative will bring a positive

Genre fiction is capeshit

Could also be possible I guess. Makes sense because of the bull accident actually. I just went with italians and greeks because I associate them with the sea more and the Atreides are based on an ocean world

only if Dune flops and take Zendaya with it. that casting cannot be defended.

I think she fits quite well actually. What other actress would you cast as a desert rat? Maybe Moner but I just don't see her in the role.

LoGH space opera when?

Attached: 1556313069463.jpg (680x500, 41K)

most reddit movie to ever reddit

Hopefully never. It would be complete shit.

Greeks, hence the aquiline nose
>It is suggested within the series that the root of the Atreides line is the mythological Greek House of Atreus. In Homer'sIliad, the brothersAgamemnonandMenelausare dubbed "the Atreides"

Atreides are descended from Agamemnon, so their origin is Greek, but all Major Houses mixed among themselves, so Atreides cannot be classified as Greeks. But anyway, all Major Houses are white cause the book was written in the 70s.

Harkonnens have Finnish origin going by their name, but, again, not Fins.

The Fremen aren't Muslims but their religion is a mix of Zen Buddhism and Sunni Islam, hence Zen-Sunni.

Bene Geserit are follow the Orange-Catholic Bible.

So basically while all characters and cultures are inspired by real life, they are not one-to-one analogue, so one can't say Fremen should be played by Arabs only cause they are not. Likewise, Atreideses are not Greek though their ancestry can be traced to Ancient Greece.

El Goblina from Solo. She is naturally red mutt and at least had scrubbed desert rat look that Chani would. Zendaya is too fake looking. her tatoo'd eye-brows for example. too modern. stunt casting cause meme celebrity.

Dune was ruined for me when Paul starts getting pussy, it became too unrelatable.

>Zen-Sunni
>Orange-Catholic
How is that even possible? I mean, Orange-Catholic is a weird mix but at least is the same "religion", but Zen-Sunni?

I don't see it. Looks like an irish mutt. Didn't buy her being the resistance leader in Solo and I think she'd fit in even less in Dune

Attached: tumblr_pbshkws6Cd1xqxqw7o2_1280.jpg (814x1052, 241K)

>that crysknife

exactly as i imagined it

i expected to hate any paul casting but hes pretty perfect desu

Orange-Caatholic Bible is a collection of every major teran religion rewritten into one book

The kino that saved Yea Forums.

>zendaya
fuck off bitch lmao

I always envisioned the Harkonnens being Hungarian.

Fremen are actually sufis and they just dance all day to ward off sandworms

>I mean, Orange-Catholic is a weird mix but at least is the same "religion", but Zen-Sunni?
When you've had space travel for 8,000 years and Mankind spent half of that time under the thrall of beep-booping supercomputers there's ample opportunity for religion to fuck up

>Zendaya
Into the trash it goes.

I don't understand how anybody could bother after Lynch perfected Dune.

It will be literally impossible to top that. Plus this new one will just be loaded with cheesy special effects and CGI, you can bet on it.

I don't seen anything Buddhist about the Fremen. Buddhism and Islam is like oil and water. The Fremen social system is primitive. They are superstitutious and ignorant. They allow polygamy and honor killings. They are intolerant of other cultures. They are extremely violent. Let's not forget the word that gets mentioned on almost every page of the story: Jihad.

Fremen can be like Hebrews as much as Muslims: Persecuted and enslaved by the Harkonens. Forced to live in the desert for many years. Go on a conquest and are spread throughout the universe.

>says it's like Star Wars for adults
Meanwhile this arrogant fuck hasn't even made anything as good as Pitch Black with Vin Diesel.

>No roger deakins as cinematographer
>Instead some hack who did rouge one

good stuff

>t. Ikko Ikki gang

there's something so incredibly cringe when redditors like you read the books of upcoming movies just because the movie is coming out

This. There's some political intrigue going in the first book, but it's all rushed, and then it's "dude drugs lmao I'm kwisatz haderach golden path dude".

I've read all 6 books, and it was disappointing. Well, at least I can brag about having read one the dullest franchises in history.

Yeah I always tried reading it but it just seemed too much like a kid's book/Harry Potter to me. My boomer dad who grew up on it/sci fi and who used to love it agreed with me and said it wasn't worth really worth it and that it's really just an adolescent boy power fantasy like all of anime

Not him and I don't care about the book but why would he spoil it with a worse version if the movie turns out shit.

villenueve is capeshit
dune has a shit cast it's gonna bomb

>Family feud lasting 10000 years
I don't buy it

Lmao doesn't sound like you've read a lot of other books then

This

>doesn't sound like you've read a lot of other books then
Name your favorite sci fi

>reading for some shitty plot elements
lmaoing at your life

Not him, but I agree Dune is sub-par. Try reading Stanislaw Lem's Invincible, Fiasco, and His Master's Voice.

Fraser is literally the better option for the film. Rogue One was like a test shoot for Dune

Attached: 1503725043092.png (2000x1954, 3.93M)

>My boomer dad who grew up on it/sci fi and who used to love it agreed with me and said it wasn't worth really worth it and that it's really just an adolescent boy power fantasy like all of anime

Paul's entire story is the rise and fall of a Messiah. If all you've read is Dune, you've only read the rise.

Will there be niggers or women or, god forbid, nigger women?

Literally not a single Villeneuve film has flopped before BR2049, and even that made it's money back on physical releases

I like A Scanner Darkly a lot but genre fiction writers are as a rule hack frauds

Probably yeah. It's a film about sandpeople in space fighting

This is because Villeneuve is too intelligent for the average bugman normie capeshit cinema consumer.

I've already read Solaris, is the shit you mentioned better?

Sounds like an adolescent boy power fantasy written by a pseud hack

The Fremen are basically space Bedouins. But the entire human empire in the Dune universe are basically Feudal with spaceships. Also the Jihad that's mentioned is more in the context of a holy war, interchangeable with "Crusade"

Literaturelet

Who the fuck reads sci fi for the prose you autist. Besides, there's probably something worthwile in it if geniuses like Lynch and Jodorowsky were interested in adapting it.