Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/t15UK
youtu.be/q0OmcFpvvF8
georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Writes a lot to say absolutely nothing

That basically sums of ASOIAF

He looks like an old sea captain.

>There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

fuck you fat jew, release the books and be done with it.

Attached: ryan.jpg (220x325, 12K)

>Mentions the Dark Star among important characters who weren't in the show
>Confirms he has helped From Software write a game
>Basically confirmed the obvious that Dany going mad is what is going to happen

It's an alright blog. I'll be mad if Bran becoming King really is his end-game though.

Attached: 1342256198790.jpg (1280x829, 357K)

Why if the three eyed ravens intentions are to take over?

>I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan.

oh dear god it was true

Attached: 1383906427084.jpg (365x385, 17K)

>Why if the three eyed ravens intentions are to take over?

What did he mean by this?

>There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books

He alive.

Attached: 15538673910205.jpg (709x1114, 683K)

>As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO, two at Hulu, one on the History Channel
>There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced.
>And I’m writing. Winter is coming
>I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them
yeah it's never fucking coming out

Holy fuck

GIVE ME THE BOOKS YOU FAT FUCK

Attached: 1514286811231.png (656x654, 294K)

>And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros),

so spinoff confirmed ??

>3000 pages
What the fuck could be possibly write that is worthy of 3000 pages? The Bible isn’t even 3000 pages. Les Miserables is 1200, and there are entire chapters of that book that don’t even relate to the story. What kind of arrogance drives him to brag about every other project he’s doing and then say “this will be over 3000 pages?” I’m shocked his publisher hasn’t dropped his lazy ass

>I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan

HOLY FUCK THE FROM SOFTWARE LEAKS WERE TRUE?

off to you dirty nerds.

FINISH THE FUCKING BOOKS

YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING FINISH THE BOOKS

HOW ARE YOU GONNA WHINE AND CRY ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS WHEN YOU TAKE ON 50 DIFFERENT PROJECTS IN BETWEEN WORKING ON THEM FINISH THE FUCKING BOOKS

CHRIST I HATE YOU I'M NOT EVEN GONNA BE SAD WHEN YOU DIE FROM BEING A FAT FUCK IN 5 YEARS

>There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…
>darkstar
>DARKSTAR

He's not going to finish the books.

>As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO, two at Hulu, one on the History Channel
>There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced.

Seems like George is going to be pretty busy!

Attached: 1426619449304.jpg (228x221, 17K)

I'm pretty interested to see what a From game with George's influence looks like. Especially if Miyazaki is involved.

he has wrote in his blogs more about finishing winds of winter than actual work on writing it. Just give it up grum you are a fat dirty old man who's run out of ideas and just wants to eat pizza and watch tv on the couch.

Attached: book fags btfo.jpg (655x531, 66K)

t. basedboy

He's fat. It's how their mind works. They will brag and declare about all the diets they do and how much they love working out but then actually not do anything.

He has an uncanny knack for saying absolutely nothing in hundreds of words. Only thing of note is that the rumors he was working with Fromsoft for a game are real. So once again, with feeling, I say Bravo American Tolkien

Attached: 1558287300596.jpg (1064x1181, 452K)

How many years do you think it's been since George wrote the last page of Winds of Winter?
Do you think he's written any of it yet? Even one page?

8 years since Dance with Dragons.

8 fucking years.

If George had written just 1,000 words a week in the last 8 years (1000 x 52 x 8 = 416,000 words = 1,664 manuscript pages), he would have finished Winds by now. Don't you fucking get it yet? He is not working on the books. He is conning you. The whole thing was a con. Write half a story, sell it, let other people finish it, and retire on the earnings. He sold the show on the basis of him finishing it, and people watched it on the basis of him finishing it, when he never intended to finish it.

You will never, ever, ever read Winds or Dream. Ever.

And just for comparison, Brandon Sanderson writes an average of 20,000 words a week, with a record of 55,000.

It looks like a movie because it's running at a crisp 19FPS

>tfw he hasn't even started winds of winter

Attached: 1554437465379.jpg (394x297, 19K)

>How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?
>Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

>I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done...
I can see why, GRRM.

Attached: stealth lizard.png (393x391, 233K)

yeah it's retarded. Lord of the Rings is 1200 pages as well. This guys needs to be on someone else's leash

>Writes a lot to say absolutely nothing
>And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…

WHERE THE LAST TWO FUCKING BOOKS, GEORGE?

>And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING

This fucker is going to die of old age before he's even finished with the fucking series that "made me a celebrity." The fucker should just send that shit to the publisher at this point and say "fuck it" to fans.

>im 10000 years old and fat as fuck and the books are all going to take 10000000000 years to write. Tottally not going to die before i finish lmao

All I want is for winds to be better than ADWD and AFFC which by the way are absolute dogshit. Come on fat man just release winds and die.

Attached: mj crying.jpg (800x800, 152K)

to be fair Sanderson is 1/20th the author of GRRM

It's two books worth of pages that need to complete the stories of all the characters he has introduced over the years.

FROM SOFTWARE LEAKS ARE TRUE

DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4
DARK SOULS 4
>DARK SOULS 4

Feast was good. Dance was trash with good moments in it, like season 5 or 6 of GoT.

Yeah but Brandon Sanderson is below shit tier

Its easier if you realize what bran represents in the entire goal of finding a suitable king, which he undoubtedly is the definition of:

>Just as much fantasy as a dragon riding yaaas queeeen who slaaaaays

They're both hacks

Kevin J. Anderson here we come

>Miyazaki'll just use his names and settings and write everything else himself
Calling it.

Attached: videogamedunkey.jpg (440x640, 25K)

This better be a fat joke.

So is he writing them at the same time or what? This fucking fat fuck.

>implying I care about the mormon piece of shit who someone made an already ruined wot even worse

>consolefag

barristan selmy for sure

N-NANI

Most likely just a typical Soulslike but with more F words.

> And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…
>mfw Rickon become the gay emperor of Unicorns

Attached: 1369024404942.gif (245x245, 908K)

and that's a good thing

He means the gestalt alien consciousness that is Bran purposefully set the whole thing up so he could gain control of the lands of men.

The White Walkers are saviors, come to stop the tyranny of a hive mind.

Who?

>He just steals the Ciri Unicorn saving arc from the Witcher for saying the Dragons.

HACK.
A
C
K

What?

Three Eyed Raven transcends the old faggot in the tree, he is old as time itself and he possessed Bran.

>Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?
>How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.
>Comments are disabled for this post.
Honestly, I'm starting to think the only good American boomer is Ron Paul. The rest of the generation is pure shit.

>yassss kween dies
>dothraki rape horde fucks off back to their land of origin
>soulless unsullied bugmen fuck off to god knows where
>elective monarchy instituted
>Bran "Prima Noctae" Stark is "R"uler of the "S"ix "K"ingdoms
>high lords of westeros laugh at sam "oathbreaker" tarly

best ending

Another souls game with actual rape this time.

>And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…
alicorns confirmed

>muh 3000 manuscript pages
is this actualy a lot?

>Lord of the Rings is 1200 pages as well.
He quibbles with Tolkien though. He isn't writing trash like LotR. It's only fitting that his final two books be more than twice as long as all of LotR.

Attached: 1392748341064.png (472x624, 219K)

A souls game with an actual story and lore that makes sense and isn't intentionally vague and incomplete to give a false sense of depth to the world.

>implying you've read the books
Why do you faggots keep doing this? LMAO

This will probably be one of my last "/got/" thread (I assume asoiaf threads disguised as GoT threads will not be allowed anymore after a few days/weeks).
I will miss you, gay emperor user.
assuming of course that is really you. I have my doubts, because you didn't mention Dickon.

He's uploaded chapters of tee wow over the years so he was definitely working on it at one point. It's whether or not he's still working on it that's up for debate.

Chronic diarrhea status effect confirmed.

Attached: 1557435096030.png (1007x446, 302K)

You know, the frustration of not yet having the final books is almost made up for by the sheer seethe GRRM causes Yea Forums with anything he says.

>as a producer

You fags know that "producing" is mostly just investing right? He gets to give input but being a producer doesnt really require a lot of work, all of those shows combined probably take up like 40 hours in a year of "work" on his part that is mostly just phone conversations. It doesnt really impact the books.

Hes just old and fat and rich, it's hard to find motivation to finish your magnum opus when you already have all the money, fame, and nigress hookers you could ever need. Winds of Winter will be out in like 2022

>Trash like lotr
Don't make me take out the pasta user

Attached: 1555477694725.png (235x293, 140K)

His input is gonna be 100% food descriptions.

GoT MMORPG confirmed!

>3,000 pages
at a page a day, which he probably doesn't average, that is 8.21 years to complete

I can't wait to find out what happened to Skahaz Shavepate

>Winter is Coming, and we dont have enough warm clothes. Could you fetch us some direwolf pelts? I hear theyve been sighted just outside the godswood
>Direwolf Pelts 0/10

You jest but from the second read on I genuinely enjoyed the different vistas and worldbuilding of Feast and Dance, basically anything that wasn't concerned with the shitty backwater of Westeros.

>Brandon Sanderson writes an average of 20,000 words a week
That is Balzac in a bad day. And he was an amazing writer, a genius who founded a new genre and produced three masterpieces.

Attached: Honoré de Balzac.jpg (1120x630, 232K)

mmo of got would be fucking amazing

He wrote in french, that's cheating. They have to use more words to say things english people can say with less.

Shut up showfag, I want to know what he does to barristan

Big if true

I'm tired of Bobby B roleplay on Skyrim

He became the captain from Fevre Dream.

>I have my doubts

Attached: Haeving Problems.jpg (452x414, 68K)

TWOW in three years but he will die before finishing ADOS, I'm guessing someone else will finish it

Put this faggot in his place.

The part where he's utterly full of shit:

>I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had eight hours for this final season.

They CHOSE 8 hours, by all accounts, including you, Martin.

Just fucking say it, the books will be different. Just say the show was an adaptation of your ideas. This "Well, maybe..." shit, shove that right up your fat ass.

Except RP isn't a baby boomer since he was born in the 30's. That generation is irredeemable.

Daily reminder to put your boomer parents in a nursing home run by blacks.

This fat nigger can’t manage two more books when he writes verbose nonsense for a full page

He has whole chapters of Dany's bowel movements to lovingly craft.

I hope to god Euron takes over everything in the books and fucks everyone over

Fuck! You're right.
My God, boomers are truly the worst generation.

Dark Souls or For Honor combat mechanics in a GoT setting would be so rad.

hes a fat lazy (quarter) jew

While I feel sad about the ending when ever I see Martin I am reminded that this is a fantasy created by an obese guy written by a collection of money hungry Jews owned by a network focused on making money off people who have no significant social outlet to obsess about.

Didn’t always....

Attached: 49E029B9-78E8-4386-8A75-CF919799AA0C.jpg (227x300, 17K)

I can't wait for the eventual tidal wave of dirt on dabid and deebie now that the normies hate them and everyone will want to throw them under the bus to salvage their careers

The other two are treating this as a sarcastic remark but I actually am looking forward to more Skahaz mo Kandaq, easily one of the more interesting newer characters. I'll be pissed if Dany doesn't acknowledge the fact he was right about everything and his preparations held Meereen for her after she fucked off.

>Alrighty user, since you asked nicely

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichaen duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other

Attached: 1555480115401.png (800x909, 837K)

It's pretty obvious. He's like Robert Jordan.

>Buy Direwolf Pelts 5-pack Now
>$0.49

there was a rumor a few months back that GRRM was writing for a new FROM software game

archive.is/t15UK

Attached: church_doctor.jpg (1161x839, 186K)

>My name is Darkstar. And I am of the night.

You guys are all losers, who gives a flying fuck what this obese bitch writes! Haha youre all fucking losers.

>how many children did scarlet o'hara have?
i dont get this, i dont know who that is, or what relevance it had to anything else he was saying

>He wrote the first 3 books and public in a span of 2 years each one.
>For the 4th book 5 years passed and for the 5th book 6 years passed.

George realized that he created so many characters that he doesn't even know how to continue the story, and with the royalties he gets, I doubt he cares about finishing the books.

wut i thought romance languages are the exact opposite of english in that regard. they sum up really specific situations/descriptions in a single word that we dont have

Stannis will be king

Samwell Tarly

Level 65 (Elite)
PvP

Based and flaming heart pilled

>And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…

JUST

If that's how the books end then the show ending will be a blunder of astronimaclly greater proportions than we can comprehend today, because they portrayed these events as good with no ambiguity.

Brainlet movie virgin watcher vs the chad reader

I like when jean valjean takes Javert’s fat pink mast into his quivering boi pussy while Cosette shits herself for three chapters, and the battle of Waterloo is kino as fuuuuck

i genuinely do believe that eventually we will get the winds of winter
a dream of spring is never going to come out though, i don't think he has it in him

Wait are we really getting a FROM Game of Thrones game?

It's a "turn off your brain" for boomers.

half his words were 'hon hon hon'

A union of overrated trash.

that sounds terrible actually

>George....for the Love of the Light Lord please resolve my plotline...AAAAAAAAGH

Attached: 55a0386214000001079a7ae2.jpg (720x479, 63K)

This guy has a sex dungeon

that's the next from software game

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

Attached: 1547484721424.jpg (640x466, 58K)

tl;dr
Tolkien good, GRRM bad

>’ll write it.

Will he now?

She had more kids in the book, than the movie. He's saying there will be differences between the book and TV show, but has to use an obscure reference only someone over 50 would understand, because he's GRRM, and SMRT and LITERATE.

Only if "sex" = every snack food Costco sells.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

GRRM IS MY FINAL FORM

Attached: 2749709.jpg (600x800, 86K)

literally what the fuck did you write?the whole pasta can be summed up into martin is the opposite of tolkein and he is shit, do you have any actual arguments?

No he probably helped setting up the medieval fantasy story but from soft won't release a got game

That's the jist of it

Attached: 1558323031323.jpg (1032x744, 297K)

>Let me say this much — last night was an ending, but it was also a beginning.
Oh, fuck off you fat cunt.

Attached: A sneed of feed and seed.jpg (474x407, 48K)

"How many children did scarlet o'hara have?"

Why use an example only people of his age would get. He knows most of his fans are millenials, right?

>Tfw Voltaire wrote a masterpiece in 3 days on Cocaine and coffee and this fat fuck hasn't even started

Attached: 36C7016C-653B-494F-92B7-325B91577A2C.jpg (312x287, 20K)

>Writes a lot to say absolutely nothing
>That basically sums of ASOIAF

Attached: gameofthrones lies 1493575949032.jpg (535x800, 76K)

>last night was an ending, but it was also a beginning.
>Oh, fuck off you fat cunt.
He has to try to shill his other HBO spinoffs despite the brand being at a never before seen low point.

He compliments the staff and the work that went into it, but says nothing about the quality of the show. I wonder if that was on purpose

Caviar and coleslaw have quite different effects

Fucking based.

The "gay emperors of Essos" meme goes back to old asoiaf forums, and was even ever so slightly referenced when Bronn meets Dickon.

youtu.be/q0OmcFpvvF8

>Excellent job you makers of absolute dreck

Does that make sense?

Attached: Rose-Byrne-2636.png (1024x768, 1.59M)

His current readers don't exceed over 30 years.

If you want some rushed out shitty writing, watch the show. True quality takes time to make.

It's just weird how he goes into such a long rambling but gives 0 opinion about the actual quality of the show.

Is he seriously considering working on multiple spinoffs himself or is he just playing nice with HBO? I can't believe how many side projects he takes on that nobody gives a shit about.

I mean if he was actually writing a page a day then both novels would already be finished because it's been eight fucking years since Dance

No, dumb idiot. English is by far the most information dense language in the world

Ill bet that he will die of a stress and obesity induced cardiac arrest before he completes any of these. Fat fuck needs to get shape and have more realistic goals.

They are paying him LOTS OF MONEY.

my pupper has the same problem. Keeps trying to lay underneath things shes too big for

The Bible is pussy shit compared to Darkstar.

Attached: 1557172693456.jpg (615x555, 57K)

based kike

Miyazaki is probably still an avid reader like he was as a kid. The entire reason Bloodborne exists is because he read a lot of Lovecraft. Him directing a game by Fat Fuck over here isn't an entirely bad idea.

NOPE

you're likely too stupid to even comprehend them

A

>Dark Souls
>Bloodborne
>Sekiro
>A Song of Souls and Fast Rolls

How can one man be so based

>Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.

Yeah that's about right. Applies to literally everything and anything.

Check pic related, remember it's a giant series with 20 books, no think about your question.
P.S.: The fat fuck only cares about money. He doesn't give a shit about artistic integrity or the quality of his work.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1875x2851, 953K)

seething

The truth is.... those games have little history and are relevant for their gameplay not for their "lore".

I can't wait to loot Dany's corpse

I really know nothing about wildcards besides they're written by literal who's, the covers look gay as fuck, and he can't shut up about them. Surely finishing the series would be more profitable? His whole attitude doesn't make any sense, I feel like he seriously believes he's going to live into his 90's.

underrated post

Attached: 1516151562559.png (323x241, 78K)

BB and DS gameplay is janky as fuck to boot.

He is an official turbofaggot.

holy shit kill yourself zoomer nigger

How kino would be a ASOIAF game?

Only until the Roose gets loose

GRRM only cares about making money with minimal effort and low risk.
Finishing ASoIaF would make a lot of money, but it's too much work and it could burn him. One thing is the writer who needs a decade to finish his "masterpiece" (lulz), another thing is the shit writer who wrote a shit series.
And check the wildcards pic. It's "edited by GRRM", I doubt he wrote or did anything, he's probably just using his name to sell it.
The fat fuck is a brand at this point, not a writer. Just look how many projects he's "working" right now.

I hope your eternally open mouth chokes on the smallest bug it takes to close off your inflamed cock sucking esophagus.

I was also referring to their level of difficulty.

Just like Alita threads aren't allowed anymore.

Those are all chapters he cut from DWD. They don't count.

Wait....... why?

But this is dumb, asoiaf is littered with beautiful thematic subtleties and gripping side stories
Just because it’s a pasta doesn’t mean it’s intelligent

It’s an objective fact, salty faggot

Where's my ironborn Cthulhu monster, gurm?

Literally the reason he can't finish this shit is because he's a glorified neckbeard who had a good idea and can't follow through with it in any satisfying way. The only thing that will set his story aside (assuming it ever gets released, though this fat fuck is probably sitting on them with the claim he wants manuscripts burned upon his death like he's kafka or something just to hype it up) is the fact that it will take you hours of reading to finish it, which gives you fantasy plebs the impression that it was an intellectual pursuit to finish it because trash like this is the only thing that pulls you away from video games.

An old, gay sea captain.

>lol NO romance languages are fucking dumb. if you learn a romance language first you're going to have a lower IQ

Set the story aside from dnd's*
Soory

Game of Thrones Souls confirmed.

The final books ain't coming. This fuck could have written the entire encyclopedia britannica by now if he had wanted to.

Either he realizes he doesn't know how to end the story, or else he's just not interested in doing the hard work of writing now that he can rake in easy money just by putting his name on shit.

>tfw long night souls game
>tfw fighting your way through wight-infested forests and castles
>yfw wight giant boss
>yfw white walker on ice spider boss
>yfw COTF firekeeper
yea I'm thinking it's finna be based

THE WHORE must write faster!

>Either he realizes he doesn't know how to end the story, or else he's just not interested in doing the hard work of writing now that he can rake in easy money just by putting his name on shit.

THIS.

And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…

And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

Too hard for you, child?

>last two books get immediately released but GRRM has to write exactly like Chuck Wingding

do you accept?

Attached: 1550955626370.jpg (283x314, 26K)

Any dragon in the Souls universe would shit on Drogon
>Midir
>Kalameet

You're overthinking it.

The "big reveals" were stolen from him. He stopped caring once they ventured into big plot reveals he hadn't written yet. That's why he moved on to shitty Targ prequels, he gets all the credit for the big subversions of expectation.
So he's content to whore his franchise out to the highest bidder. He went from being a pretty obscure author to being richer than his wildest neckbeard dreams, and famous to boot. And, it all happened at a time in life when he was looking at a pretty threadbare retirement.

He's done. I'm firmly convinced of that. I think his publisher gave up years ago. He'll sperg once in a while about writing, but he'll never get around to it.

PS - I'm laughing at the retards who believed the "leak" last week that he was done with both, but couldn't release them because of the show. How'd that work out for you?

>I’m shocked his publisher hasn’t dropped his lazy ass

Yes, very shocking that the publisher isn't going to drop something that will make them money. Quadruple digit IQ post right here.

Do you believe in Bolt-ON?

> I'll be mad if Bran becoming King really is his end-game though.
...he's a tree

Only about as long as the Wheel of Time, which all told was 12k pages.

>reading genre fiction pass the age of 12
Have sex

>It's an alright blog. I'll be mad if Bran becoming King really is his end-game though.
It is. Dany and Jon are fallen shitty Mary Sue/Gary Stu in fantasy he's taking a dump on, Dany in her aggression and Jon will be crippled eventually too.

>Yea Forums shitposting is less funny than Yea Forums shitposting

sad desu

Yes but I don't think he'll do more with it than heavily imply it. I honestly don't see where Roose can fit in with the overall narrative that shapes the story in a meaningful way beyond the BotB, unless we really go off the rails or TWoW is the size of Infinite Jest

Yea Forums has always been heavyweight class shitposting. Something about the juxtaposition of the magnitude of the art form with things like DFW as fat spurdo or Barthes reaction images are just too funny

>Half the expanded universe is straight up copied from HP Lovecraft (deep ones, old gods, oily black stones, lovecraftian idols and horrors)

>The other half is just locations that had existed in the real world but adapted to make them "epic"

>Sothoryos, the land south of Essos, is basically Africa but cranked up to 11 with even more racist undertones like some victorian cartoon fantasy

>The far east is China, with a stereotypical ching chong name (Yi Ti) and giant palaces

.......and now we learn the conclusion of his 30 year old storybook is just DEMOCRACY GOOD, LMAO

FUCK YOU YOU STUPID FAT FUCK

Attached: george11280wjpg-f5535f_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Sansa will play with unicorns. She's still a virgin in the books.

Who gives a shit. Hamlet was based on shit, too. Or are you one of those plebs who thinks "originality" counts for anything? lmao

>20,000 words a week
can he do my paper for me? I have a 150 word essay due tomorrow but I've been too busy shitposting on Yea Forums to start

The more she drank the more she shat. By sun down her past mast was risen.

Considering that Alita generals are still allowed, Game of Thrones threads will exist for months to come.

GoT will never end because he's discovered IdolM@ster.

Attached: Kentaro_Miura.jpg (490x415, 129K)

lots of sex too?

It will end with the 7 kingdoms splitting up

>democracy is good
what a sophisticated man of extreme intelligence

>Dankstar

Attached: 1557701571936.png (718x648, 56K)

>Mace Rayder and his girls will become an idol band
That would be based

Fucking lel, we will never ever ever get WOW. He clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore, but is too afraid to say it.

>the brand being at a never before seen low point.
You might be retarded

Even IF we get TWoW, we will never EVER EVER get Spring

>we will never ever ever get WOW
we're going home bros

Attached: 1558321996488.jpg (475x469, 37K)

Yeah it's fucking weird, the prose ranges from "decent" to "dogshit" but the themes and worldbuilding are top notch. It's a weird mix

150 words... Are you a literature major or something?
I remember on my Gen Ed courses they never asked for more 100 words. Otherwise you'd just start writing meaningless crap to pad out your paper.

>How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

There saved you the time

GRRM rips off so much stuff from other sources but normie plebs are always amazed at his "world building" like hes some kind of world building wizard

but when you have read lots of fiction and real world history it all seems very small

>>Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.
wow thanks for taking the time to tell us GRRM XD

>studio infamous for not being able to tell a straight story consults author infamous for not being able to finish one

can't wait

Attached: untitled.png (825x825, 19K)

Copying from the real world doesn't make it bad at all. It's all going back "It's no original" which is such a pointless comment on quality that I'm baffled people make it.

Fucking pussy. Everyone knows they had a falling out. Should have gone in on them.

Attached: 1557183369569.jpg (454x297, 37K)

What was his tax policy?

Attached: Gwyn.jpg (1920x1080, 608K)

thats not what i meant jackasses. im not talking about which languages native speakers are smarter or what the fuck ever. its my understanding that romance languages are more consice. for example, in music theory, where italian words are used to describe how music is played descriptions that would have to be described in a phrase using multiple words in english can be summed up with one word in a lot of romance languages. heres a short fucking list of what the fuck im talking about

>Andante
>At a walking pace

>Comodo
>At a comfortable speed

>Estinto
>As soft as possible

if you go from the definition to the word, you literally can't sum it up in a single word because english doesnt fucking work like that.

kek 100 pages of Les Mis are about Waterloo. what a miserable slog that was...
but anyway, WHERE ARE THE BOOKS GEORGE REEEEEEE

normie plebs will always be amazed at "world building"

World building as a standalone hobby is respectable, especially if you go full Artifexian and calculate Albedo &c. but it really has no bearing on something's literary merit. Dune is renowned for its worldbuilding and it's trash.

wouldn't know, the Firstborn lost the tax records

>they haven't read Maurice Druon's "The accused kings" yet
Do yourselves a favour anons and get over GRRM's shit.

FINALLY

i think he just got too famous and his franchise got too popular and now he's too insecure to finish the books in case everyone thinks they are shit and it ruins his series

>retarded
I guess if you're one of those 'no publicity is bad publicity' retards I guess you might think I'm retarded. But actually no u
People having a negative opinion on GoT is worse than them not being cognizant of it at all a decade ago.

>George realized that he created so many characters that he doesn't even know how to continue the story, and with the royalties he gets, I doubt he cares about finishing the books.
He may know but it will take more than two books, he may care too, but it is an impossible task for him to finish with his age and size. He should just admit defeat and allow someone to carry the torch to the finish line. Instead he wants to lead people on and collect royalties like you stated

Attached: writers_block.webm (720x404, 558K)

>it's another teenaged middlebrow thinks adults are going to be taken aback by the "nothing is original" argument
Please don't pursue an art degree. Or a STEM degree for that matter, we don't need any more shaved-head trannies poisoning the well.

And here I am torrenting his books and adaptations of his work. I have not spent a cent in making him rich. Must suck to cuck.

I need to finish the books one day. It baffled me how similar they are, even some of the characters are basically the same. GRRM said he took a lot of inspiration from Druon and it shows.

They should get Vanillaware on board.

Attached: tasty.jpg (670x468, 43K)

Nobody wants this trash there, and luckily jannies do their jobs on this. Too bad they delete the racist céline threads though.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA he basically confirmed the books will end exactly the same for all the main characters
Danyfag redditors BTFO yet again

They blame D&D for it and it's only the ending. Poeple still love the journey up to it.

Yikes

>knows only english
Amerimutt education folks

i didnt say it is bad, but he does it waaaay too much

westeros = england
highgarden = gardens of babylon
dorne = moorish spain
titan of braavos = colossus of rhodes
oldtown's hightower = lighthouse of alexandria
pyramids/harpies of ghis/meereen = pyramids/sphinx of of egypt
kingdom of sarnor = assyrians
sothoryos = basically africa X 2
dothraki = bedouin tribes
jogos nhai = huns
yi ti = literally china
leng = south east asia (known for native pagan black magic also)

theres probably alot more that I missed

I need to start but I do like to champion for french literature. But I know the history surrounding it so it's already obvious to me that GRRM pooled a lot out of it, and at least he doesn't hide it.

this

>Producing SEVEN shows
STOP THIS SHIT AND WRITE YOU FUCKING HAMPLANET

GRRM is an asshole. ASOIAF will be 2.5-3 million words when its completed

Infinite Jest
LOTR: 500k
Bible: 800k
Longest novel anyone gives a shit about (Proust): 1.3m
ASOIAF so far: 1.7m

Fucking stupid

HIS BLOG IS DOWN. GRRM IS DEAD. ALL HAIL THE KINGS OF HBO, ASSASSINS EXTRAORDINAIRES OF FAT FAGGOT GOLDDIGGER PULP WIRTERS

>AFFC was bad
The ultimate pleb opinion.

>In the Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season Blu-ray set, there's a segment featuring footage from A Song of Ice and Fire series writer George RR Martin, who notes "his intention" has always been that Shireen would be sacrificed by her father, Stannis Baratheon, and burnt alive.

>pepe image
yikes

>looking at all of these fantasy shows/movies in production
Fantasy is going to become the next capeshit thanks to GoT, isn't it?

>pepe
>not apu apujista
You absolute fucking degenerate

Attached: received_1016314521791974.jpg (680x583, 16K)

user is right though, sorry you're too jaded and edgy to enjoy anything

Fantasy was capeshit before capeshit, you have Peter Jackson to thank for that

Every other dragon except Ancient Dragon and Sihn is a bitch compared to those two

He looks like the "there be a shitstorm abrewing" guy.

No, normies have been burned by fantasy and long-form tv shows for the last time. From now on it will be strictly episodic sci-fi like stargate.

Is this true? Is he just going to turn around and head back to the wall and burn her?

> 1.7m words to describe characters walking through forest/desert & introduce new walking characters everytime another stops to finally do something.

Honestly his whole saga could fit in 2 books and the reader wouldn't feel jewed.

>Sothoryos men are described as brindle-skinned half-men by Daenerys Targaryen.[8] Their brindled skin is thick, often in patterns of brown and white. They are big-boned and massively muscled, with long arms, sloped foreheads, huge square teeth, heavy jaws and coarse black hair. Their broad, flat noses suggest snouts. Sothoryi women are said to be unable to breed with men from Essos or Westeros, only bringing forth stillbirths or malformed offspring.[7]

>The Sothoryi mostly known to the corsairs of the neighboring Basilisk Isles are those who dwell closest to the sea on the northern shore, who have learned the Trade Talk. The Ghiscari consider them to be slow of wit but fierce fighters that make good slaves. Farther south, the Sothoryi are more savage, known for cannibalism and worshiping dark gods with obscene rites. There are also unproven reports of other races and forgotten peoples that were driven out, destroyed, or devoured by the Brindled Men, as well as lizard men and eyeless cave-dwellers.[7]

is george /ourguy/?

Yikes. So, is this pasta the source of the retarded meme that GURM is some degenerate anti-Tolkien, which is constantly repeated by fags who never read ASOIAF?

> There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet

Basically book characters will have a different ending but show plus book characters remain the same. It's basically nothing, then. The ending will ultimately be the same shit. Plz gib monies to GRMM.

He said Shireen would burn. Not how or by whom.

>He isn't writing trash like LotR

Attached: annoyed pepe.jpg (250x241, 7K)

>georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/
>wrote a 1k word BLOG POST instead of writing his stupid books

Attached: 1543049244362.jpg (1200x675, 60K)

thank you darkstar poster

He is basically telling you to fuck off and stop being a baby. Control your autism.

Looks exactly like the type of person who enjoys fantast shit.

So it doesn't look like a movie?

>thinking quality = / = length

Attached: VD09afj.jpg (645x729, 64K)

Based going home poster

>dark souls set in westerous
>alternative version where the night king won the battle of winterfell and defeated the south
>westerous is now a cold world, trapped in eternal winter
>the player is one of the few survivers
>you can custom build your character with all folks and houses of westerous
>has to fight white walkers, wight bosses, undead giants and so on
>final confrontation with the night king riding his dragon within the ruins of the red keep
tell me this wouldn't be absolute kino.

it'd be a waste of a game in a series known for excellent lore, and the part of what makes the lore good is that it is ambiguous and you have to find subtle hints to get it.

Genius. Totally not the exact plot of Demon's Souls.
I'd play it tho.

I like them for both. Fuck you.

good, because the show had a good ending, even you snowflakes don't like it

sure, it would be normiecore, but it would be probably the best dark atmospheric installation of a GoT game available
i'm a pleb, i never played DeS, but it's been over a decade and normies never heard of it anyways.

He needs 3000 or more because almost nothing happened in the last 1 1/2 books. He has A LOT stuff to cover if he wants to end the story.

>8 years since Dance this July
I hate Gurrm so fucking much

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-08-16_at_2.40.43_PM.jpg (1676x942, 138K)

>to say things english people can say with less.
*fewer

>Ice Daenerys is a mini-boss

You are like a little child, watch this:
>Winter is Coming, and we dont have enough warm clothes. Could you fetch us some direwolf pelts? I hear theyve been sighted just outside the Godswood. We need eleven, which is one more than two times five.
>Direwolf Pelts 0/11
>Buy Direwolf Pelts 5-pack Now
>$0.49

This is the best post.

>At the start of the game you get killed by the Night King and wake up in the throne room where you meet barefoot and blind Dany who recovered your soul and bound it to the Iron Throne.
>You have to defeat the Night King's lieutenants first: The Primal Dragon inside the mines of Valyria, Sweet Robin now possessed by Littlefinger's cloak, Maiden Sansa of Winterfell who gave away her soul to save her people and a giant flying Kraken in the Iron Islands.
>Now you can face the Night King in Winterfell, protected by his knights and his pet dragon. After defeating them you go back to the Iron throne to claim your waifu Dany
>She tells you that she will now lull the Great Other back to slumber and takes you to his lair.
>Great Other is a big weirwood tree, you go inside him and Dany starts the ritual.
>You can choose to let her do that and save the world or kill her and become the next Night King

HOLIEST FUCK

"I'rr make your game, GLLM, if you ret me lead your books earrier"

>those games have little history
haahahahahhahahaha imagine being such a lorelet

oh no no no no

>fullretard

>make medieval kingdom
>people say it's england/hre/france whatever

>make city states
>italian/greek city states

>make nomands
>huns whatever else

>make horse lords
>mongols and whatever else

>make deadly jungle continent
>it's the amazon/africa whatever

>make desert people
>it's north africa/middle east

You can draw a comparison to anything in the real world, always.

I won't call you pleb or anything but Waterloo was one of my favourite parts in the book.

fuck that image is brutal

girls, do you get jelly/upset/try to sabotage when a guy likes a girl of a different race than you?

girls, since you dont like arrogant guys, are you okay with guys that are 'classist'?

I imagine so, actually.
previous books he's kinda worked himself into a hole and he probably regrets some of the choices he made.
Writing both at once lets him tweak the first book if the second book needs it, instead of having to deal with another magic dragon controlling horn

>, but says nothing about the quality of the show.

Because he's under NDA from HBO.

Not defending the fat man but he literally says there are characters who die in the show but live in the books.

did you not read the 1st sentence

he did all of that
together
it isnt just "taking inspiration from", its full on copying and smushing up things togther

and also
bone mountains is just misty mountains, even down to how they only have a few routes through them

and asshai + shadowlands is just minas morgul + mordor

even ayra sailing out to the west on a ship with her sword Needle is like frodo sailing to the west with his sword Sting

fucking hacks

He should have gone with the time-skip, as he planed in the beginning.

you'd love ballsack lmao

>He should have gone with the time-skip, as he planed in the beginning.

I agree.

he compliments the HBO fucks who probably fucked it up; lists the actors as "dispersed" ie not part of it.
Kinda looks like he's pointing fingers to me.

King Stannis is back on the menu boys.

>he did all of that
That's exactly what you would expect when filling out an entire world?

>even ayra sailing out to the west on a ship with her sword Needle is like frodo sailing to the west with his sword Sting
You know there have been plenty of people in the lore who have tried to do this right?
It's not some new groundbreaking idea and rather than being based in lotr it's based in real life when people tried to sail west.

Translation YES

>i cant fill up or imagine an entire world without making it basically the whole medieval earth

>defending the fat fuck so much

go finish your fucking books, george

because he uses it all the time. he's brought it up in 2 different videos that i've seen.

>Now it ends
>Noh, now it begins

What was Scarlett O’Hara's tax policy?

Frodo didn't even "tried" to sail west. He was traveling with the elves in exile. It's not like he was trying to find new lands in the west.

Whatever you try to fill the world with can be shown to be similar to the real world in one way or another

story?

erm...no?

there are entire YA novels with very imaginary worlds that are nothing like the real world

I doubt it, not if they are low fantasy.

Attached: BadMap.jpg (1080x1155, 226K)

what has the distinction of low or high fantasy have to do with this?

basedo

lmao we got at least 6 million niggawatts in here
to the west was the undying lands, basically found by sailing straight off of arda instead of following the curvature of the world. it's been inhabited longer than middle earth by the maiar and valar who are basically minor gods or angels, plus a couple of funky trees were around for a while. the elves are hardly in exile; but the elves originally split into 2 groups: those who continued travelling west from where they were born, and the ones who stopped in middle earth. The ones who stopped are now, at the end of the 3rd era, sailing west with the last of the elves who know the way to valinor. After that, middle earth is on its own until someone comes back the other way.

he's probably under contract from the studio to not disparage the show

You can't be as exotic.

I love this. Really exposes the smug pricks that think they are much smarter than they actually are.

wouldnt it be the opposite?

look at WOW for example, they have magic and they can do whatever they want with the universe

that's probably what I said

I know the history of middle earth.
Frodo goes into exile. You could even ague that the elves from middle earth also go into exile because middle earth had become her new home.

The point was that Frodo traveling west isn't some kind of "Columbus situation".

agreed that it's no columbus