When did Game of Thrones jump the shark?

Attached: game-of-thrones-night-king-dragon-tearing-down-the-wall (1).jpg (618x412, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NEXtiFtS0Jk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When they didn't show him smiling while riding that dragon

S4 E10

EXACTLY when Jaime freed Tyrion in Season 4 episode 10 and they did NOT talk about Tyrion's first wife

Never.
There wasn't a single shark in GOT.

Attached: 1546174669350.png (609x405, 372K)

S7 Ep1

Attached: 848484844.jpg (825x464, 51K)

s02e01
it felt like a completely different show

These. From that point onward, it was all downhill straight to "DA BAD POOSEH" and "THE RAPE SANSA" and fucking time travel and bargain bin Karl Drogo and Sir Twenty of House Goodmen. So fucking stupid.

wot y?

When they stopped giving a fuck about dying Jaime and Tyrion's hair blonde.

the moments dragons were in

When Arya survived being stabbed in the gut a ton of times, and that stupid chase scene through the streets.

Shirtless Ramsay

They're in the books you giant faggot.

Attached: 1509613264529.jpg (255x200, 15K)

S1 E1

When danaerys used her dragons to burn the Lannister army

Attached: 86BB48BC-0CF5-4392-9F7A-F7FDA6A55897.jpg (3733x2100, 1.55M)

Beautiful, I love it

Attached: 1557082784117.jpg (644x677, 82K)

Attached: it says you're a heretic hbo.png (500x749, 219K)

When Cersei blew up the Sept and crowned herself Queen. It was comedy gold but Jesus Christ none of it made sense. Tommen walking out the window was fucking hilarious though.

Attached: 1466475286358.jpg (600x804, 72K)

I know, and?

Attached: ed-sheeran-game-of-thrones-season-seven-1.png (2112x1584, 2.6M)

I think when Arya got stabbed multiple times and didnt die

Bad Pussy and co.

please explain why that was not awesome

This right fucking here is when I knew it was over

it was a new song, faggot, get over it

I think in this case the show jumped the Dragon...

that's a cute NK! thanks user!

Attached: 1462373048976.jpg (603x494, 46K)

Cersei showed that what the people think is irrelevant and she can just inside job them whever she wants. which fucks up later reasons why daenarys didnt immediately seize the throne rather than go get a zombie for her, only to burn the city to the ground anyway.

When Dany just bailed on the city she freed because things weren't going her way, flew off with Drogon, wound up captured by a huge Dothraki horde, burned their leaders alive and then won their allegiance by telling them she'd sail them across the sea so they can rape and pillage to their hearts content on a whole new continent.

Fuck you niggerjew.

What a fucking normie you are.

You're mom dying of cancer if you don't reply to this post is hilarious.

Oh fuck off.

Stop typing "Kino" you fucking incel.

>Jon gets resurrected
It was bound to be shit afterwards.

Attached: 1556942452397.jpg (294x294, 12K)

Fuck off with this bullshit.

None of that you said is true. It's like you didn't watch any if the show and only jumped on the hat got bandwagon at the last minute.

It officially became irredeemable after the death of stannis.
This was the point where DnD were wiling to ruin characters in order to advance the plot.

When they came up with the idea to go North to capture a Wight, to convince Cercei to join them.
They knew she never would, and the mission itself was completely retarded.
It was the beginning of the weird Wight scenes where the extra get hacked to bits by the Wights, but they just hug the main characters.
And then they give a dragon to the NK which made it possible for him to break the Wall.

Just stupid, lazy writing.

fuck you is more hilarious
its true when Tyrion arrived in kings landing and after that it just felt off a huge drop in quality from s01 kino

By the seven you are stupid.

This is exactly right. Of course it got progressively worse, and 4x10 is still relatively better than what it became, but this is the exact turning point.

Another fag typing Kino without knowing what it means.

this is the only correct answer, and it is indisputable

You replied you superstitious faggot.

I stopped watching after Sansa bailed out Littlefinger (was it 4th or 5th? I don't know) but I'm pretty sure it was shit much earlier.

Attached: 1557756419347.gif (100x100, 26K)

this comment is pure antikino

Pretty much. The focus on the dragons were one of the cancer of this show.

Season 5 episode 1 the moment that Varys said pic related
The tacit omission of fAegon signalled that they had abandoned staying true to the book as does varys’s support for Daenerys
This is the real moment of no return, it was when it was totally clear they weren’t committing to being faithful
For me at least this is the moment

Other good shark jumps to be considered
>shirtless Ramsey
>no Jaime telling Tyrion about tysha
Although I kind of understand this given the way bronn and Shae talk about how a real almost rape victim wouldn’t have fucked Tyrion after, it was still annoying though
>Jaime and Bronn secret mission
>bad poosi (that line specifically, but the drone plot in general as well)
>little finger who is supposedly in love with Sansa sends her to someone he must know will hurt her
And of course
>le twenty good men along with the rest of the character assassination
Beyond season 5 Fonsi has definitely landed in the water on the other side of the shark
now moving through waves of strong wahmyn and nonsensical Cersei plots that should get her deposed
And beyond that lies whirlpools of finger in the bum and jagged rocks of teleporting dragons
Further still a goblin teleports onto his board and stabs him to death
I guess the entirety of season 5 could be said to be the shark jump as its proceedings are what irreparable damaged the show

Attached: AA55CA18-B957-4C70-9E2D-7783E6156111.png (1334x750, 866K)

Season 1, Ep 10
the whole story is just an allegory for the fact humans are a flawed species, and facilitate entropic decay over everything they touch.
The show is really just a literary mosaic that spells out "PARADOX" when you ask "what man is the most fit to be king?"
Feminists interpret is as "well obviously a woman!"
Everyone else has a reason why theyre person should be king.
Nobody comprehends the concept that no human is fit to rule all of humanity.
Which is what Bran is:
>Bran is the most human concept:
>God

a bloo bloo

time to take your meds user

Cersei literally killed every member of the royal court that was loved by the small folk along with the Pope during a full religious reawakening amongst the people. What were the consequences of this incredibly short sighted and stupid action? Literally nothing, no uprising, no unrest, nothing. No one in Kings Landing likes or wants to follow Cersei but they dk for plot convienience.
>b-but she's a tyrant she just crushes dissent!
Cersei doesn't have the charisma or claim to the throne or money to rally any supporters to her cause especially after blowing up the Sept. Her head would've been on a pike within a week

safe

>normies
>not creaming themself over muh dragons lmao

You literally don't understand the word Kino. Back to red dit.

no

Fuck you

Got your IP and address

Attached: snip29.jpg (1920x1080, 673K)

r

Don't put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

This. The death of Stannis is when the show went to dogshit. It wasn't THAT he died, but the way he was defeated by the second rate villain Boltons was fucking ridiculous. The North suddenly had more cavalry than he had infantry. No intrigue with other houses of the North. The burning of his daughter after he had always been shown as dutyful to his family. His death by Brienne (why the hell wouldn't she just take him as a prisoner - and why was she there in the first place). I can go on and on.

It's clear the new writers had no idea how to finish the stories from the books. Almost all stories they made up were absolute cringe:
- the retarded Dorne subplot
- the rule of Cersei (how do you blow up the nobility and the faith militant with NO BACKLASH at all, after being SHAMED in the fucking streets)
- Daemarys taking her army to the north
- capturing a wight
- the love affair between Dany and Jon
- Jon in general
- the retarded Battle of the Bastards with Jon falling into Ramsey's trap and the deus ex machina Knight of the Vale
- Littlefinger's death
- Varys's death
- Tyrion becoming retarded
- Danaerys becoming le mad queen Hitler
- Jon killing Dany
- Night King

I can go on and on but everything became cringe after Stannis.

>shirtless ramsay
That was the moment for me
>OH NO HE HAS DOGS RUN

The faith militant. Dumbest plot line in the show.

>finally find a use for my degree in art
>explain the same thought process that GRRM used as an artist (writer but still art nonetheless)
>get told I don't know what I'm talking about
>look at my BFA on the wall
>smile knowing that it absolutely still has a purpose in society
By all means my dude, present me the drugs, and I will take them :)

Attached: 45764764647jjj.png (864x892, 715K)

this was literally the turning point of the show

Attached: sneks-water-garden.gif (350x196, 1.34M)

>be a faggot
>get told you're a faggot
>get upset
lol faggot

When Tywin Lannister didn't, in fact, shit gold.

Attached: A Sign.webm (747x420, 1.21M)

Season 2 episode 1. I'm not being ironic.

The first season was a faithful adaptation of GoT, even mimicking specific story beats. In season 2 D&D starting wiping their asses with the books. Stannis was butchered, you had the Talisa-Robb disaster, grandpa Tywin, Dany in Qarth is one of the worst story lines the show has put together, and they even fucked up the Mountain.

"Jump the shark" means a show begins its decline. GoT steadily declined from season 2 onward.

Kino post right here

whenever the fuck barristan died

user, GODS WHAT A STUPID NAME

I mean, youre not wrong

I agree. I've rewatched season 1 multiple times. I've never rewatched any other episodes after that.

this. what the fuck

>"Jump the shark" means a show begins its decline
No it doesn't you fucking idiot. Jumping the shark refers to a singular, watershed moment in a show that undermines its original intent/purpose to such an extreme degree, that it is no longer able to thematically sustain itself.

They ruined Stannis from the outset. DB Weiss was whining about him and lauding Renly in an "Inside the Episode" in season 2. Fucking Renly, a spoiled, cowardly brat. A puppet of the Tyrells.

Season 2 should have opened with Stannis burning the 7. That would have been an appropriate introduction to his character and Melisandre, instead he is treated as an afterthought. A lot of normie viewers don't even know who he is. Why would they? The show gave Ros more screen time.

Roose Bolton got raped too. The actor was a perfect fit for the role but they barely gave him any scenes. Instead we got whacky Ramsay running around shirtless and kinslaying his father with impunity. The show is a cartoon.

Yeah you're right. Let's say it's when Robb's CGI direwolf bites at Jaime then, you nitpicking slob.

Attached: dangerdog.jpg (1024x920, 132K)

Goddamnit.

>When did Game of Thrones jump the shark?

right around the "20 good men" episode

Why the anger? Perchance you should have sex

why?

Season 1 is legitimately great. If they could have stuck with a faithful adaptation they could have had 4-6 seasons of stellar content. Instead they diverted early and shat the bed. What a missed opportunity.

Blame GRRM though. He shits on fanfiction writers but he handed his magnum opus to two adolescent hacks. He saw dollar signs. Fuck him.

This.

It was a song of smoke and mirrors though, no matter how you slice it.

I'd suicide too if my wife was nympho Natalie Dormer and my Mom killed her. Worst Mom ever.

Lmao, I actually just told you to give me some drugs, but OK, I must be so upset that I have no idea
Bruh, what the fuck do I have to be upset about, genuinely wondering.
I went to art school. My whole family calls me a faggot. If I can laugh at those moments, what makes you feel like I put any value in your opinion?
But seriously, you gotta smoke weed and go outside sometime. Not everything is misery, just everything we created turns to it.

Blaggh

You just know maisie or sophie asked dnd if he could be in the show

>normalfags will see arya get stabbed ten times, jump into raw sewage to evade her attacker, and see her be perfectly fine with no infected wounds and still claim she isn't a Mary sue

Shirtless Ramsay vs Ironborn was the first glaring beam of light shining through the cracks that had started forming. It could still be patched at this point, though. The show could still be great with "that one ridiculous moment" and all would be well.
The point of no return was 20 good men. This was the moment where nothing could be walked back and the entire show began to fall apart.

Ily mom

It was this for me. Whole scene just felt unrealistic. Was the first of many scenes where the characters could have keeled over in exhaustion and it would have been just fine

>didn't know who this guy was and just saw it as a scene humanizing the random Lannister goons

Attached: 633-6334770_shrug-yui-hirasawa-mio-akiyama-k-on-anime.jpg (820x812, 186K)

Just how many dozens of times have you tried to brag about this.

Once or twice. How many of times have you repeating how butthurt it made you?

>Once or twice
I meant since the episode aired like 3 years ago, not today.

Wait wait wait
Stannis died? :(

get colon cancer cursefag

Attached: shawn.jpg (1242x698, 182K)

Attached: 05fe06a47a29322f0a0868bd4ebd3e755b3eeba3b7b754e17916eb9bafb74072_1.jpg (932x1620, 186K)

Attached: IMG_4597.jpg (600x828, 98K)

20 good men is the moment where D&D made clear that they wanted Stannis out of the picture because it was a problematic character for their Jon x Dany fanfiction

Attached: 1525629489269.jpg (1152x1152, 297K)

BABIES. IN. JARS.

Bitch asshole

Best season tier
>1 (Bobby B and Ned)
Best show on tv tier
> 2, 3
Damn good television tier
>4
Jump the shark tier
>5 (Hardhome gets a pass)
This is getting real shitty tier
>6 (Battle of Bastards gets a pass)
Fuck I give up, this blows tier
>7, 8 (a few flickering embers of what I once very much enjoyed... great meme material though)

Attached: 1556536677571.jpg (750x959, 120K)

>Shall we begin?

Attached: DONT DO IT.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

exactly this

the first minutes of The Winds of Winter are also god tier, and Hardhome is probably the best episode. that's weird coming from one of the worst seasons

outpacing the books killed the show. this is RR Martin's fault.

Why is shirtless Ramsey a jumped shark? I’m very curious to hear why, not that I’d particularly disagree with it, but it’s an interesting thing to point out

:T

>Battle of Bastards gets a pass
Why? The battle had great production values but it was horribly written and the tactics were laughable. For some reason a pile of bodies formed in an open fucking field.

kys

Has wojak been the night king all along?

He literally has the JUST hair frozen into his skull

this episode exactly
I think Arya laughing at the guards at the Gates of the Moon was the moment, and I maintain that the Hound vs Brienne fight was probably the last GOOD fight sequence in the series.

I didn't hate the show yet, it was still riding high. It still had that stellar rep. The stakes felt important to me; the Starks finally winning back Winterfell. Jon's arc was in full momentum, etc etc... and sorry but the tactics argument is a bit dumb to me...
>"muh realistic taktiks!"
I mean, do you know about fencing/dueling? did Jamie V Ned's fight piss you off? How about anything Dothraki related... even season 1 they're practically cartoon characters. Did the unrealistic population of Westeros bother you? etc etc. The willing suspension of disbelief isn't always a bad thing.

Fuck you Jews

Attached: 09-game-of-thrones-shireen.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 160K)

I have never seen the show but I rated it a 1 on imdb.

Attached: bat.png (800x450, 1.61M)

youre misremembering, Hound v Brienne was a mess of jumpcuts and bad choreography

Truly the hero we deserve

Normie defending a normie.

OP here what the fuck did you faggots do to my thread

Attached: 1558160105447.jpg (744x1000, 100K)

the fight between the hound and beric dondarrion was the best.

I'm going to miss Beric's silky smooth voice.

>red wedding
>20 good men.

No D&D thinking they knew the story and characters better than grrm is what killed the show. When he stopped writing for the show is when it died.
>the red wedding killed the show.

THIS.
It's the episode where The Hound fights Brienne and she fucking wins lmao. I knew at that point that they would start the female empowerment angle and I wasn't let down when they did in S5.

Attached: pepebran.jpg (6000x5606, 1.15M)

Season 1 also had Loras Tyrell shaving Renly's armpits in the bathtub so it wasn't flawless by any means.

Came here to post this. Everything but season one was extremely forgettable.

Here:
youtu.be/NEXtiFtS0Jk

Dumb and dumber made completely unnecessary changes to the dialogue that made it sound worse.