Attached: 12_.jpg (666x1000, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HF1JdtZG9CQ
youtu.be/fGpX38OOiFE
youtube.com/watch?v=puYIvZ2umio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah it's a fucking weird one for sure.

Because your already dead

Pretty sure Phantasm’s memorably confusing nature was sort of a happy accident when it was being edited.

Loved the weird vibe from the first movie. Second one wasn't as good. On to the third one soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=HF1JdtZG9CQ

pretty sure those chrome tuning pipe things were a gateway into another dimension as well as a time traveling device.

What's not to get? It was all a nightmare. A dream. A Phantasm.

t. guy who has seen the last one

Thank God they're done. V ended it beautifully, although they clearly ran out of money for the effects 75% way through.

>t. guy who has seen the last one
I couldn't even finish the 3rd one. 1&2 are great, but they really fucked up with the 3rd one.

>Second one wasn't as good
You shut your whore mouth, it was kino.

Attached: best phantasm.jpg (480x480, 40K)

>but they really fucked up with the 3rd one.
Meh. Yeah, I thought so too at the time, but it's one of my favorites in the series. 2,3,and 4 are my jam. You might respect V or hate it, there is no middle. It's a return to form in some ways.

>Second one wasn't as good
yeah, you say that now, but watch the rest of the series and report back

I don't know that hardware store scene was great
.youtu.be/fGpX38OOiFE

Nani?

I love these type of 'gearing up' scenes, this one has the added bonus of them making custom weapons like the quadruple-barreled shotgun. Also I like how he puts the money in the cash register when they're done instead of taking from it.

It was comfy, for a hardware store. Plot aside, the only thing cool about a zombie/ghoul apocalypse would be the sweet hardware store looting. I said plot aside, I know they paid.

ripping around on empty roads everywhere in your hemi-cuda or whatever sweet ride you could get because everyone is dead would be alright too. I would do it like Heston in Omega Man and drive around in safari clothes and wielding an MP-40, blasting shop windows and doing donuts.

They literally carbon copied evil dead 1 & 2.

Attached: phantasm-2b.jpg (540x399, 24K)

--and that's a good thing

I like that people have guns unlike every other horror movie and I like the zombie jawas. And the 4K scan is god tier.

I lost all of the nightmareish qualitys from the first one. FIGHT ME

Tallman died in 16.

watch the credits on one of the first 2 of these, at the very end during the pirate warnings, it says the tall man in black will get you if you make illegal copies or whatever they used to say back then

YOU PLAYED A GOOD GAME BOY
NOW YOU DIE

>ripping around on empty roads everywhere in your hemi-cuda or whatever sweet ride you could get because everyone is dead would be alright too. I would do it like Heston in Omega Man and drive around in safari clothes and wielding an MP-40, blasting shop windows and doing donuts.
Mein brüde

*puts right hand up high and moves it "so-so style" then kicks you in your shins really fast*

So anyway, the second film still is a nightmare because the horror is consistent.

>it says the tall man in black will get you if you make illegal copies
People really knew how to joke back then. Rrr ri right?

It's a childhood nightmare film.
Kid lost his older brother, this only family, and started losing it.
Don't you remember having word nightmares as a kid?

...BOY!

2 is a fucking masterpiece compared to what comes after. It's a dip into pure shit immediately after. Honestly, the first one is the only one I really like, and that's mainly for the comfy late-70s atmosphere that fits right in with stuff like Halloween and Dawn of the Dead.

You mean the most creative, best storied horror series of all time?

I actually felt secondhand embarrassment watching Ravager. The effects are horrible, Angus Scrimm is clearly one foot in the grave, and it was way too ambitious for what they had at their disposal.

I don't think they were trying to be that secretive about it. IIRC, in the room with the different containers of people's ashes, there's one marked as Sam Raimi.

>PHANTASM
>an illusion, apparition, or ghost
Whoa.

>it was way too ambitious for what they had at their disposal.
This is true for every part after 2. I think I like the idea of Phantasm more than the final outcome.

>I actually felt secondhand embarrassment
I too was raised Catholic.

>The effects are horrible
No, just some of them, let's not exaggerate.

>and it was way too ambitious for what they had at their disposal.
Hence the comic book ending, which was effective. It feels like it's continuing, but there's no real chance of it. Good. I liked it.

Awesome movie.

I'm pretty sure Reggie in that scene has two hands.

Attached: phantasm-2-4.jpg (988x562, 87K)

Huh?

I don't see a chainsaw attached to his wrist. How can you call it a rip off of Evil Dead 1 & 2

Attached: MV5BNDMwMTY1NDQzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM5OTgwMw@@._V1_.jpg (1696x2048, 1.19M)

The visual language of that room was cribbed for Daft Punk's Electroma, which is a fine film in its own right. Watch especially 15:00 through 20:00 or so, even the "hum" of the room is comparable.

youtube.com/watch?v=puYIvZ2umio

It isn't.
Evil dead is zany cartoon pulp horror.
Phantasm is surreal pulp horror.

Ugh

This

What was the one with the African chick in the army gear? Late night channel 4 memories seeing it as a kid.