Best Finale

>2019
>the shield still has the best finale seen in both film and television
Let's appreciate good endings after witnessing one of the worst in GoT.

Attached: The Shield.jpg (800x600, 186K)

The Americans and Justified had satisfying finales.

The payphone scene is brutal. The look on Shane's face when he finds out he lost and his family is fucked. Shane was just a fuckup all around, always over reached. The photos of Shane and his family was somehow worse than actually seeing it. Also, just when you think its over they give you a montagekino. It was great

Shane was completely oblivious to the fact that everything the Strike Team ever did only worked because of Vic. Shane dug himself a legendarily deep hole to bury himself in by the final episode.

Attached: 1440184696818.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Kurt Sutter wanted to add a plot twist in the finale that revealed Dutch as a serial killer. Too bad they didn't go that direction.

Been waiting for a Shield thread.

So who was ultimately more to blame for the Strike Team's self destruction, Vic or Shane?

Childhood is thinking he lost, adulthood is realizing he actually won.

I thought they wanted to make Dutch a killer in an earlier season.

Very glad they didn't. When I read about different things The Shield almost did (ie kill off Shane in season one) I'm so glad we got the final product we did.

They could never get away from Terry's murder, so I'ma say Vic

Vic was responsible for everything, but Shane's the one who fucked everything up. The whole show was basically damage control for what Vic did in the opening episode.

by that point it was already too late, they were all in the wrong the moment they decided to become dirty cops

I liked the Shields ending but I still prefer the Sopranos ending especially when you know about what Chase was thinking and how he wrote the entire show it's just perfect.

The crazy part is that most of the show is focusing on them moving away from being dirty cops and trying to stay clean after years of basically being criminals with a badge. Vic just finds new reasons to rope everyone back in, and by the time they're almost out, everything they've done comes back to haunt them and you get the most kino final season there is.

>It's a 'Shane goes deep uncover' episode

Attached: 2424234.jpg (510x383, 67K)

He got to live/escape the law, but he lost everything. All his friends, his family, his reputation and his job. He's stuck with a desk job with strict terms that will nullify his deal if broken. It's almost worse than death, especially to Vic himself.

>walton goggins
>specializes in playing racist rednecks and trannies
wew lad

Honestly they could possibly have gotten away with it all if Len hadn't been caught stealing one brick of drugs in Season 4. Once Kavanaugh came after them it was only a matter of time.

Why did Lem take the drugs again? Was he trying to clean up the mess Shane made with Antoine Mitchell? I can't remember.

Is Dutch /our guy/?

>Why did Lem take the drugs again?
It was something to do with protecting that girl who later betrayed him to Kavanaugh iirc.

She somehow ended up being the biggest piece of shit on the show. After everything Vic did for her, she still ends up betraying them and getting Lem killed. Also, Kavanaugh was amazing. The PISSING ALL OVER US scene is a classic.

My hatred for that stroke-eyed fuck made me hate every scene he was in holy shit I was so glad Vic fucked his wife

that was so out of place

It was his only weakness. Kavanaugh tries to fuck Vic's wife as revenge. Too bad Vic's wife looks like a deflated balloon animal, while Kavanaugh's wife is Gina Torres.

Still the best finale and it's not even close

Attached: 1_FKx9AlhGjA_OAyd26-KxNg.0.gif (1200x800, 387K)

Vic's wife sounds so incredibly shrill in almost every line. I wonder how the actors dealt with her having to reshoot scenes and being forced to hear her voice some more

Today OP was not a fag

Attached: 1516942232697.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Attached: il_794xN.1141854113_hj7h.jpg (794x529, 37K)

That's interesting

Cletus VanDamme

All I know is that she's played by the show's creator's wife.

Kavanaugh and Forrest Whittaker were based. He was basically a human wrecking ball who came in and tore up every character relationship on the show. He turned Corrin against Vic, Shane against Len, Aceveda against everyone.

I can't think of a better example of celebrity casting.

wonder if he got vindicated in the end when everyone knew the truth

Probably not. Everyone already knows the Strike Team is dirty. He still got Lem killed by setting him up to look like a rat and using dirty tactics, just like Vic. He couldn't beat Vic at his own game.

>Kavanaugh
Forrest Withaker stealing the show as usual.

it was hilarious

the shield's finale is obvious from the first episode, so everything in between the first and last episode comes off as filler.

The Concrete Blonde montage is great. The two-second penultimate shot of Shane and Lem during That Scene is like a brick to the gut.

You must be clairvoyant, because except for the Strike Team's downfall, none of the things that happened could be predicted without context from the last few episodes.

Any place to buy this on BR?

Attached: 1555672094689.gif (254x286, 909K)

Amazon, but there's a BR rip of each season on RARBG, thought you have to search for The Shield 2002 to find it 'cause the search engine is so shit.

Attached: 1557975714807.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>mackey ending up with a permanent desk job forever couldn't have been predicted

talk to your doctor about mental retardation.

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen after he killed a cop. I saw Shane falling for some abusive skank and ending up killing himself and his family as well.

It literally can't get better than The Shield

I'd say the trifecta of great finales is
1.Nathan For You
2.Angel
3.The Shield

I'd put Justified and Spartacus not far behind too.

> GoT
> Worst one

The complete subversion of Affluent White Liberal Woman World Rescuer trope was kino.

The series literally finished on a fucking /pol/ meme.

Attached: 1528655833486.jpg (720x868, 95K)

The Wire had the best ending, The Sopranos is kino too

its obvious from the first episode, as it is what happens with literally every older dirty cop that gets rooted out. Because they will have been involved in hundreds of cases that would immediately have valid appeals if the police acknowledged a criminal ran rampant for a decade.

Its catch-22. If they punish a dirty cop, they are acknowledging that everything that cop ever did is now wide open for questioning, forever. So the dirtiest cops are never officially punished.

the long and short being, the only people who like the shield are illiterate retards.

>Its catch-22. If they punish a dirty cop, they are acknowledging that everything that cop ever did is now wide open for questioning, forever. So the dirtiest cops are never officially punished.

And this is why Comey, Brennan and Clapper will walk away free.

Season 8 was a perfect ending.

One of these days I'll get around to watching Live Another Day.

Attached: The Jack Bauer Power Hour.jpg (1000x1500, 187K)

>Repeated ending
>Perfect