Solar system about to go bust

>solar system about to go bust
>install massive propellers and move earth to another solar system
Is this actually possible? Like if we knew in 100 years the sun would explode, could we accomplish this?

Attached: wandering earth.jpg (2000x1041, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/54103-could-the-wandering-earth-movie-plot-actually-happen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tianamen square about to go bust
>install massive propellers and move Taiwan to another continent
Is this actually possible?

This Chinese mega blockbuster is on Netflix btw.

fuck this idiot board

propellers are gonna need to be pretty huge to work against the solar winds

Not a chance. The earth is moving at 67,000 mph. The amount of resources it would take to break our orbit is way more than the earth has.

Without the continual radiation from the sun, almost all life would die off. The only exceptions would be the worms that live in high-temperature vents on the ocean floor and don't require oxygen.

Most surface life would be dead in a few weeks.

What if we mined the asteroid belt and solar system?

Humanity goes underground and lives in cities built there during the voyage.

Can’t we just die with dignity?

>to another solar system
i wonder how many times the speed of light youd have to move the entire planet to get it there without all life on earth being wiped out by the cold

and what you'd have to do to prevent the travel itsself from destroying it

this is probably the most retarded concept ive ever heard .

see Sounds like the movie is a lot smarter than you think..

Is this really the plot? I may have to see this shit

not remotely possible, it's not how momentum works, the planet doesn't have a structure that would withstand any kind of thrust, there's no material in the universe that could sustain these structures by themselves let alone thrusting a planet out of orbit, the magnetic interference would make basic communications impossible, the radiation would annihilate all life on the planet that survived the atmosphere being boiled off immediately, they wouldn't fucking crash into jupiter if they could navigate a goddamn planet or conduct engineering projects of this magnitude, and the sun is perfectly fine for another couple billion years by which time humanity will almost certainly be extinct or a galaxy spanning kardashev t3 civilization.

the whole movie is extremely retarded.

I'm not a physics guy and the author supposedly is, but every single thing in the plot summary reminded me of hilariously wrong Superman "science."

Based

>Like if we knew in 100 years the sun would explode, could we accomplish this?
No. It'd make more sense to build star ships and load all the resources, smartest people etc on them and look for a hospitable planet. Even then I doubt humanity could build space ships that could travel millions of light years in a 100 years.

tldr humanity would be fucked

no

the earth weighs about 6 x 10^24 kilograms
thats a 6 followed by 24 zeros.

the earth is already moving at like 30 kilometers per second.

the amount of energy required to overcome that is absurd

yes user and it's amazing so much seething westerner itt

It would be literally cheaper and practical to move the entire population of Earth than moving the fucking planet itself.

>Is this actually possible?
The propellers would be too strong, without nailing the earth to something it would start turning while the propellers stayed in place.

Attached: 528807677.jpg (750x737, 315K)

but what if it happened. we did procure that much energy?
>abandoning earth

>Lets leave infinite resources for the finte kind.

this movie is barely watchable garbage
the special effects are pretty good tho
thanks china

I’m a big fan of this movie

user moving our planet even a light millisecond in distance would turn the crust into magma from the sheer energy.

i appreciated their belief that mankind united and it's not full of china autocracy controlling te other countries but actually seems implied that everyone's in it together and china = friend. the lack of nationalism was a nice tough

of course not that's retarded, the movie is pretty good tho

Affects were good.
Acting is trash.
Story is trash.
Its a get drunk/ get high type of movie
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO!!! :^)

Attached: 1536722743802.gif (600x600, 89K)

What if we all got on one side of it and jumped at once? Just inched it over to another solar system like that?

The thing is you need lots of energy to move something and it is possible to move a planet but the only natural way to generate this much energy is another planet fucking hitting said planet or a supernova's shockwave with so much force it pushs the planet away. However the planet will be completely white hot due to all of that energy thus killing everything that lived on it, then you gotta wait literally billions of years for it to fucking cool off.

>but what if it happened. we did procure that much energy?
Not a physicist but I hear that the tech for bending space is already figured out. The only problem is the energy required. So if we ever get to the point where we acquire enough energy to move a planet, we'd akreadt have hyperjump. We'd be clonizing exoplanets and killing each other in space wars long before the sun dies.

How does wind propulsion work in space?

Wouldn't a giant propeller cause a giant hurricane half the size of the planet's surface?

Attached: 1549364839340.jpg (538x300, 65K)

Everyone lives 15KM below the surface user. They're not just hanging outside...

you now remember this exist.

Attached: the-core-movie-poster-2003-1020234880.jpg (580x872, 82K)

Apart from dying without a sun, there's also the core which would freeze without the sun. Not sure what other problems could arise from that but off the top of my head air would be gone. Water would fly out of space. So you'd have to figure out how to have a working ecosystem underground whcih is a whole different kind of problem in the same scale as moving a planet. I just think it creates more problems than it solves really.

>sure the nuclear missiles are on their way, but if I leave now someone might steal my tv!

I think you would need to set up an opposing gravity sun, some how, and then have that pull earth out of orbit, while blowing up jupiter toa mini start near by to provide some heat to keep everything going....

So year we need to constuct a worm hole somwhere for th gravity to get through from a selection of suns to us, and inter solar grav pinball here we come

>white people make a fantastical scifi movie about sending a spaceship to the sun with the bomb to reignite it because it's going out somehow
>10/10 kino omg

>white people make a fantastical scifi movie about some random planet coming out of nowhere to slam into the earth
>10/10 kino omg

>asian people make a fantastical scifi movie about building giant thrusters on earth to move it
>lololololol fucking chinks, that's not how physics work!

Dude its just sci-fi fantasy
Its not supposed to be accurate

Fuck you.

if you have the resources to make goddamn planet propellers then just make space colonies and send them instead of moving the entire Earth

it wouldn't be possible because we'd have to move the planet at the speed of light or some shit, its 2 light years to the even get to the edge. This is assuming we have unlimited power, we just cant go fast enough

>white people make a fantastical scifi movie about some random planet coming out of nowhere to slam into the earth
wait, what movie is this?

Once we master gravity manipulation, sure, we could move a planet. Assuming we could generate sufficient gravity to nudge Earth where we want it to go without destroying the planet.

No, the movie is completely retarded. Also Chinese are bugs with no souls.

Sunshine.

No, that's the sun dying out. The one where a random planet slam into earth is what i'm asking. I've seen sunshine.

It's a much comfier version of Armageddon

Armageddon I think
Also Core posted earlier where they go into the earths core somehow

>there's also the core which would freeze without the sun.
pretty sure it stays hot due to radiation decay, outer planets are gas, inner ones rocky. stopping the spinning would fuck everything up as the equator is spinning faster than the sound barrier(relatively)

melancholia

well the sun does work due to fusion so its the same principle exaggerated, random planet coming out of nowhere is just a really big asteroid/comet both of which have hit earth so again thats works. moving a whole planet is just retarded send an arc ship or several

>white people make a sci fi
>there's humans in it, and the story is told by humans speaking a human language

>asians make a sci fi
>they behave like bugs, their language is monotone and unbearable
>the "emotional" scenes are mainly some small guy screaming and pretending to cry
What a fucking awful yet fascinating movie. It's like watching some cheap completely detached parody of art

Chinese and their retarded propaganda.

Tried to watch this trash but fell asleep. This is some android tier shit, it's like listening to Merzbow or something. Zero traces of humanity

The Gulf of Tonkin incident 60 trillion dollars in private and public debt Trying to steal venezuelan oil Supporting Franco and Salazar Financing Bin Laden and Taliban Brazil 1964 Argentina 1976 Greece 1967 Haiti 1915 Stolen mexican lands Supporting pedophile paraguayan dictator Paying corrupt jurists and politicians in Latin America War on Terror Patriot Act PRISM Edward Snowden Guantanamo Bay CIA black sites Human Rights NSA mass surveillance Warrantless Wiretapping 4th Amendment violations Julian Assange whistle-blower manhunt Ecuadorian embassy refuge Corporate interests worker's rights healthcare rights free education Police militarization incarceration rate fake weapons of mass destruction Petrodollar warfare Israel "special" relationship ban on boycott Free Palestine USS Liberty attack Mossad cover up false anti-semitism accusations depleted uranium mutinions war crime ignoring the Geneva Convention Agent Orange My Lai Massacre Contras 1973 Chile coup CIA backing puppet dictators Illegal Occupation 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état United Fruit Company Cuban Missile Crisis Bay of Pigs Operation Northwoods Area51 Saudi lobby American Cover-Up of Trials of Unit 731 Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse MKUltra Tuskegee syphilis experiment Suspension of Habeas Corpus Sedition Acts civil rights Martin Luther King murder Cointelpro Bombing of Libya Bombing of Yemen Bombing of Syria Intervention in Yugoslavia Philippine Genocide of 1900 Choctaw Trail of Tears Andrew Jackson illegal Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii haole invasion Okinawa rapes Jarhead rapists migrant caravan ICE children in cages Russian puppet president

what year is this movie even set in?

I think were only going to be a type 1 civilization if we manage to get past 2100.

ching chong ping pong?

>wait, what movie is this?
Melancholia

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Its a bit unfair
If you watch chinese film from outside the mainland its very emotional and well acted
Just the PRC nuked the chinese (HK mostly) film industry

based chink dabbing on ameriniggers

Chinese education

You need “exotic” matter, actually. How to make it, if it’s even possible, is unknown.

Attached: 1345236903620.jpg (814x500, 44K)

>propellers
I kek'd.

>6 x 10^24 kilograms
It always bothered me that the SI unit of mass needs a kilo prefix in front of it. Why isn't that just defined as 1 gram?

yeah dude, everyone just has to get together and push really really hard

Its what the platinum slab in france weights

literally any chink here would be using a VPN lol

no, we would literally freeze to death as soon as we started to move

every chink sci-fi concept is completely awful but they're getting big money from the communist party because it doubles as party/national propaganda about how great China is

I completely forgot this even exist,should I watch the subbed or english dub?

Ever since the Great Wall China seems to have "energized" it's action movies,matt damon was pretty good though

not any more now its based on the Planck constant

>sci fi movie without transgenders and feminism
Wtf I love china now?

I compared, original mandarin has more soul, but the english dub will allow you to not stare at the bottom all movie

>space samurai with magical powers and space ghosts fight while planets explode
Do Americans ACTUALLY think this is possible????

>flies through the kyper belt
>dies
Bravo humans.

Attached: 1556587720263.gif (500x324, 2.63M)

china stronk tho. as rest of world want to abandon earth and china says "no."

The biggest problem that no one seems to bring up is that the Earth is spinning.
Its spinning very, very fast. So fast that the ocean and crust bulges slightly in the middle.
If you suddenly stopped that, about 3/4 of the world is gonna be under water as the ocean settles. Thats not even mentioning all the volcanoes and other things that are going to go apeshit.

On top of all that, eventually, if you stopped the planet from spinning, the core itself would stop spinning.
Which means no more magnetosphere.
Y'know. The thing that keeps the entire planet from getting irradiated by the sun and everything else in space.

Attached: 8b1.png (1126x845, 666K)

I’m not a chink but I’m using Yea Forums from China with a VPN, no gives a shit about Yea Forums lel, if you went on weibo or something that they all browse and spammed the meme messages then someone might care

>chink gorath

japan wins once again

Earth is stupid and useless. Literally just pushing around dirt. Create space faring genetically engineered cyborgs instead that can actually thrive outside of gravity wells.

This was amazing though m8

Attached: The.Wandering.Earth.2019.CHINESE.WEBRip.XviD.MP3-FGT.avi_snapshot_00.04.40_[2019.05.20_21.54.28].jpg (720x282, 37K)

Chink insects with their exoskeletons might survive but humans would be fucked.

Melancholia

This.
The yellow xenomorphs would scatter on the solar winds like seeds blown from a dandelion, eventually landing millions of years later on other planets in other solar systems, and setting up identical plastic junk shops and chemically flavoured food restaurants on every one of them.

They mention in the movie that about half the world population is wiped out due to the massive tsunamis caused by stopping the earth from spinning.

Radiation is not an issue since all human habitation is underground as well.

this

It's possible, but improbable (for now).

Implying I ever forgot /core/-core

Attached: Essential Corecore.png (932x674, 278K)

Reminds me of that old cartoon where planets were running away from a huge planet eater

Attached: yCPs9.png (768x576, 647K)

If an alien mothership ever attacked earth, could we ram earth into it to destroy it?

Propellers don't work in space, due to space having no air but we can get all of humanity to run along the equator and roll the earth like a log. Once we got up to the speed of light which would require infinite energy, we'd only have to run for another 30 thousand years in absolute darkness at about 10 Kelvin (-243 Celsius) to reach the next closet star

>when even capeshit thinks your idea is retarded

Attached: image.png (500x275, 128K)

brainlet here so planets can "capture" other planets?

what's going on here?

Attached: The.Wandering.Earth.2019.DUBBED.WEBRip.x264-ION10.mp4_snapshot_00.58.45_[2019.05.20_23.04.32].jpg (720x282, 34K)

Millions of light years? There's thousands of systems within a 1000 ly radius of Earth. If we went with nuclear propulsion like Orion we could get to a habitable planet in 100-10,000 years going 1/10th the speed of light.

What would the propellers be sucking? Our own atmosphere?

>what is the moon?

I tried to watch this but had to turn it off after the first 15 or so minutes when it cuts back to the frontal vanguard station and the dad lying on his back. It's just so bad, the whole "i'm an angty rebellious teenager" thing really pissed me off, not even the cute china girl could save it for me. The overall idea is pretty interesting tho, but I could do without the superfictional drama regarding father/son

gravity pulling earths atmosphere which i dont think would happen, it would cause tidal quakes however which is what causes the earth engines to break down & cracks on Jupiter's moon Europa

It is not possible.
Earth's gravity would go haiwire and life would not be possible, not even underground.

I will watch this if this is dubbed in Japanese

chinese or really odd english is all your getting user the english actually doesn't seem off beat this time for some reason

Did they remember to bring the moon too?

I fucking LOVE this movie.
Topped Pacific Rim for dumbest awesome movie ever made so far, for me.
The CGI was excellent; so refreshing to see self-aware graphics. Vast improvement over the try-hard capeshit cancer found literally everywhere these days.
The props too, were fucking great and consistent. Reminded me of Elysium, District 9 and Edge Of Tomorrow.

Strongly recommend.

If you would take 1000 Saturn V rockets, the most powerful thing we build, and mount them on equator, fire them for month constantly, you would slow down rotation of the earth by equivalent of... 1 atom.

Why move the fucking planet? Why not wander on spaceships?

probably, and literally, the only intelligent post ive read on Yea Forums, and Yea Forums, today
maybe this week too

So apparently the movie says the engines put out 150 trillion tons of force combined.

Some article from a NASA engineer said that they would need to put out something like 2.5 quadrillion tons of force, each, to be able to move the Earth.

You would need 2.138×10"29" Joules just to stop earths rotation.

alcubierre drive requires negative energy densities, and even if you could surpass that nonsense, when you flattened everything out and dropped out of your bubble you'd blast the shit out of everything in front of you with unfathomably strong gamma radiation lmao

They're giant fusion rockets. There's not enough hydrogen to undergo fusion to push it, but if you could make plentiful material like bedrock undergo it it is feasible.

The only sci fi leap this book takes is the fusion necessary to power underground settlements and the thrusters. The orbital mechanics itself are accurate in the book.

No, we wouldn't. We could sill live on the equators for awhile, and if arrested the rotation of the earth we could live on one side for even longer. But if you even watched the movie, you'd know they were moving underground.

No it wouldn't. We don't actually know any planets that are habitable outside of earth. If you have enough fusion power to move the earth and all its people somewhere while living underground off it, it's the most effective and holistic solution to move to a nearby star system at a suitable orbit.

>all this high school retards
That's not how breaking out of orbit works

Youd have to use up 95% of the Earth's mass as fuel to reach Alpha Centauri.

I know you just pulled that number out of your ass, but every gram of matter does have enough energy to break out of the Sun's orbit and a lot more.

Ok I'll settle with eng dub. Dual audio is on torrents?

I mean, I got it from an article written by a NASA engineer, but sure.

inverse.com/article/54103-could-the-wandering-earth-movie-plot-actually-happen

Would it be possible to land on the moon since it does not have an atmosphere to slow descent? You would need to release as much fuel as the mass of what you want to land there.

You do know gravitational force on the moon is much less than that on earth, yeah?

With zero advertising too, they advertised Kingdom

>core would freeze without the sun
brainlet

What do they do with the moon?

But it's kinda cool, honestly.

I liked it better when it was called Diebuster, at least it didn’t take itself seriously

Attached: 44063905-B496-47CF-BB70-79E7F856D5BA.jpg (620x350, 41K)

Why didn't they just increase the light-speed escape velocity of our solar system to make it easier to exit?

Wouldn't the mantle freeze if we fucked off without the sun? You'd have to build cities near the core itself to get any heat at all.

Diebuster doesn't exist.

Isn't this part of the ending of "Feersum Enjin"?

No
You could maybe send a generation ship containing 2000 people
It would take a few centuries to arrive, hencing being a generation shop

>propellers
>in space
fucking chinks, really?

Don't be a fucking idiot

Attached: 1525101640614.jpg (1280x722, 235K)