/Pikachu/

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
General Discussion #5
Previous thread:

Attached: landing_detective-pikachu_header_mobile.jpg (375x376, 41K)

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu?
more like Pokebomb: Defective Pikaflop

First for my wife Emilia

Attached: Emilia-Clarke-Feet-2819267.jpg (2250x1500, 1.16M)

Nope, it's profitable, unlike your precious Alita shit.

Gtfo and kys, prick

Upon reflection, I thought it was kind of disappointing desu. The ending makes me not want to rewatch it.

Uh dun wan the feels

Attached: 1558302297592.png (1079x932, 1.52M)

>Pikachu voiced by Ryan Reynolds
>Honestly thought the dad would be some other actor
>Nope Ryan Reynolds plays his dad too

the absolute mad lads

Did the film have any trans representation?

Attached: 1558201719836.jpg (827x1087, 108K)

I didn't appreciate the finger inside me joke from pikachu

unfortunately Jynx was not in the movie.

Attached: 1554201522779.jpg (618x750, 56K)

Was anyone else amazed at how slimy and pathetic magikarp looked? It was perfect.

Attached: Detective-Pikachu-Magikarp.jpg (1900x950, 222K)

This is why I figured out that the dad was Pikachu the entire time. I knew there was a reason why they didn't snow the dad's face before they revealed the human-pokemon morphing thing

Real fish are very slimey, so not really. I'm glad that Gyarados got some respect though his hydro pump/water gun looked kinda pathetic.

lets be honest. Ryan Reynolds carried the movie.

I was waiting for Onix. there was no Onix.

I thought this was supposed to be the biggest movie ever?

same it hit a little too close to home and made me miss my dad

of course he did I don't think that's even debated.

It's a shame they couldn't get better actors, but the script wasn't all that great either. I think for a quick fun flick like this, the acting was just good enough.

>Shitective Faggaflop
>needing a general
it wont make it past 50 lmao

Attached: IMG_5181.gif (268x334, 2.05M)

Jinx is one of my favorite pokemon. they couldn't have given her a purple face?

Attached: pokemon__jynx_by_kaiyuan-daja3kn.png.jpg (752x1063, 77K)

Nobody said that user

Does Det. Pikachu ever bring up crime statistics in the movie?

Is Detective Pickahu:
a) Tim's dad
b) Tim's dad in Pikachu's body
c) Pikachu
d) other

Jynx is so cute

Attached: db77tzm-e899891c-cadb-49e5-b871-4a47c0818de2.jpg (791x714, 303K)

Your stupid Alita garbage flopped much harder and yet that's on #531. Kys GoT obsessed soi boy

Yea Forums was talking about how this was going to be almost on par with Avengers because Pokemon is the biggest earning property or are you just being willfully blind?

Detective Pikachu is Bran warging into Pikachu's body and having a giggle during the small council meeting

This makes me want to see Joe Rogan get Detective Pikachu on his podcast to debunk crime statistics myths. Someone make the supercut.

>calls others soi bois
>likes pokemon beyond the age of 10
You are possibly even worse than the Shitlita fags, but to your credit i doubt you so pathetic as to go on about this gay movie for as long as they did theirs

Attached: IMG_5221.jpg (480x477, 109K)

>tfw you'll never get a late night coffee at the Hi-Hat Cafe.

It was shitposting

Just do us a favor and get the fuck out

Then the Alita general is shitposting, too rather than pure autism.

:( It was so faux-noir comfy.

Went to see it last night, it was an incoherent mess of crosses and double crosses and bullshit.
But the worst part was Mewtwo.
BACK IN MY DAY having Mewtwo merely show up in your fucking town was equivalent to getting Hiroshima'd. But now they need to add some sort of convoluted wheels-within-wheelchairs corporate plot in it to make him threatening?
Fucking hell Mewtwo spent 90% of the movie as a "Please save me from ebil animal testing :((" patsy, not as the floating psychic A-bomb he's supposed to be.

On the other hand the CGI was good.

Attached: 1555525197394.png (211x246, 11K)

>Liking Game of Faggots
You are the worst of all of them, dickface

I kinda enjoyed Mewtwo being not totally evil. A change of pace. Coming from someone who saw the First Movie in theaters 20 years ago...

But yeah the plot was too large. Needed more detective-ing and less world saving.

The script was horrendous. It was trying to be too edgy while catering to little kids.
>burns mr. mime alive.
That shit wasn't even subtle where the adults were the only ones that got it. Even the kids knew what happened.

The acting was subpar except Ryans character.

The CG quality shifted from good to decent, to hobbit all over the place.

The plot was weak.

The best thing about movie was the city backdrop and the pokemon staying true to their traits.

Attached: 1552031566125.png (1795x1795, 800K)

Holy shit dude I was talking about Ditto morphed into that sexy lady

>I kinda enjoyed Mewtwo being not totally evil. A change of pace.
Slightly-non-genocidal Mewtwo was fine. It's the fact that he was puppet rather than puppetmaster that grinds my gears.
> But yeah the plot was too large. Needed more detective-ing and less world saving.
Yeah. Comfy film noir about busting the Big City Pokemon Mafia would have been kino.

The Ditto fight was great.
Not especially pleased about him getting punched by a Machamp without his stomach coming out the back of his body, but the ditto-human transforms were Uncanny Valley in a good way.

>TYRONE IS FUCKING MY WIFE TONIGHT
>YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS BOYS AND GIRLS
>I GET TO FIRE UP THE NINTENDO AND PLAY SOME POKEMON
>IF HE BRINGS HIS FRIENDS MARLON, DAQUAN AND T-BONE OVER I MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO GO TO SEE THE MOVIE FOR THE 30TH TIME! GOD KNOWS IT NEEDS THE TICKET SALES!

Attached: IMG_5225.jpg (715x539, 87K)

> Pokemon-mistreating drug called "R"
> Team Rocket doesn't show up

> Mewtwo getting experimented on
> Giovanni doesn't show up

Attached: 1557787712798.jpg (480x910, 22K)

I know that Reynolds was the driving force behind getting Deadpool made, and he *sounds* invested in Detective Pikachu. Was he the behind-the-scenes force for this movie also?

Have sex.

Honestly I thought the R had more of a Team Rocket connection. Kinda wasted potential there.

Sequel already announced sooo.....

Just stopping by to say hi and good luck

Attached: alitathumbsup.png (592x426, 234K)

fuck off

Attached: 1554149290441.gif (500x206, 704K)

NO
FUCKING
ALITA
WEEBSHIT
SEQUELS