/RBMK/ - Chernobyl

Girls? In my Kino? Edition
EPISODE 3 IS OUT, COMRADES!
Chernobyl Gallery: imgur.com/a/TwY6q
Last Disaster:

Attached: 1558401019723.png (1671x831, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QK91pX2F9xw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_close_calls
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER
youtube.com/watch?v=zuNtgYtF4FI
youtu.be/Zjf5pdJJ44Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ICOu7KksgUA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_(miniseries)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

KINOBYL

Show for gays.

this one's for the miners

Attached: 1557787717365.png (707x1080, 787K)

Attached: 1554733212781.png (818x1678, 1.76M)

>radposting time
>only irradiated greentext is allowed

Attached: smaller bullets.png (550x448, 262K)

>bury people who died of extreme steam burns in lead coffins
>Cover them in concrete

The USSR sure was weird.

Attached: D6F-gn0UIAESK1I.jpg (1200x1122, 258K)

Chad Miner for General Secretary, fugg Gorby, fugg Yeltsin, fugg the West.

Attached: 1558402950898.png (932x481, 505K)

is this the show about the new 5G masts

Attached: 1558306608731.jpg (706x990, 96K)

>mfw Akimov has no face

Attached: 1540655915530.png (794x1007, 759K)

I'm not going to watch episode 4 and there's nothing you can do to make me.

rank the episodes lads
1>3

just finished watching episode 3 holy fuck this is so good, why isn't there more kino like this these days, why is it only 5 episodes?

>if only you knew how bad things really are

Fuck you, russkie, no one likes you

Boris is so based now. He and Valery are practically bros.

this is what nofap does to you

Attached: hey there smoothskin.jpg (1920x960, 608K)

now the dog killing episode is next

zinc coffins. the concrete is to prevent radiation from contaminating soil

Its good precisely because it doesnt have 8 seasons and just 5 episodes.

>implying non-kikes can ever rise in the ranks of a communist nation
sry if you're not of the (((tribe))) its the mines for you sweaty

what radiation. They died of steam burns

If there were more than five your face may melt.

my man looking like a pepperoni pizza

Attached: 1558404382241.jpg (1199x677, 96K)

>alpha soviet general personally drives near the core to get an accurate reading

>alpha god emperor miners digging naked under the core the next episode

fuck me Russians are some hardcore mother fuckers.

Attached: 0336f0b2144c685b530c8e13c77061aa18d06f102232b1cab1f9c6bf0631cf84_1.jpg (800x820, 83K)

anti nuclear propaganda trash

Yeah boris is fucking great

Attached: boomer radmure.png (662x413, 368K)

Every episode has been really good, intriguing without going overboard on sentimentality or cloying morality, good shots without being pretentious. Fucking kino.

Absolutely amazing series. watching this after game of shit is like night and day. real drama, horrifying shots, genuine intensity, dread, actually emotional human characters.
Yea Forums was right again

>tfw the chad miners get the girl
At least the rule 34 will be funny.

Attached: 1489935249372.jpg (480x360, 11K)

more like anti incompetence propaganda

HE NEED SOME MILK.

Attached: perfectly normal burn victim.jpg (1150x677, 134K)

He killed hundreds so power efficiency would go up.

What was his problem?

Attached: Anatoly Dyatlov.jpg (900x900, 64K)

Just tells you how cheap life is in soviet russia

Fuck off back to GOT thread then

Definitely going to have nightmares tonight after seeing those firefighters.

Attached: Pizza_the_Hutt.jpg (1200x600, 547K)

fuze shitters get out

is he okay

Looks more like a Cenobite

There was an antizionist purge in whole soviet block in 60s

so he's basically literally a fallout ghoul at this point

>real life victims looked ten times worse than this
scary shit man, what was taht story about a guys arm falling off?

Substantial Kelsey comrade

This. It's not too much for Yea Forums to ask. We just want something comfy and well-filmed to watch. Yet time and again, producers pump out sub-par trash.

Chernobyl is the standard that all other television shows should aspire to.

nothing a little feedwater won't fix

It's better than water

ok

I've seen worse

slow concrete pour kino. anguish in the widows faces. the dead pan look of their portraits

WAKE ME UP (WAKE ME UP INSIDE)

only 3.6

Who else was in the mass grave at the end along with Ignatenko?

GOD WOULD THIS DUMB WOMAN STOP TOUCHING HIM

he just needs some milk t b h

It's not anti nuclear in the slightest. The central theme is incompetency and government bureaucracy keeping good things from happening

Life is cheap in China.

Life is about getting things done no matter the cost in Russia.

Attached: p2u3U32.jpg (780x840, 558K)

i'm starting to like all these antholgoy series

>CHERNOBYL
>GODLESS
>FARGO

no, shit, sherlock

Other fire fighters, the two plant workers.

I'm retarded. How did Khomyuk know that Lyudmilla was pregnant when she caught her behind the plastic? Wasn't that the first time they've ever seen each other?

Shut down the threads

Prevent the spread of these great memes

Attached: Meme.jpg (2551x1267, 305K)

>the slowly developing chemistry between Valery and Boris

This show is total kino

Power efficiency.

Those are some big U's.

kino can't be more than 5 episodes, that's impossible

She was having Ignatenko touch her belly which is a common way of showing people you are pregnant.

I wonder if he asked to smell Iodine QT's puckered little butthole as a final request, if she would do it.

we need a disaster like this again imo. i'm thinking yellowstone

Other irradiated victims. Probably some firemen, akimov and leonid

Akibro and Toptunov? Nooooooo

meme potential is endless

>no, shit, sherlock

i read your post incorrectly. sucks to have dyslexia :(

radmure was pointedly holding his hand on her belly

>they even spooked the Deputy Secretary for Fuel and Energy
is there a single man or woman in the USSR NOT being followed by the KGB?

*Soviets. Liquidators came from across the country and given that Chernobyl is in Ukraine (and most of the bad fallout ended up in Belarus) you shouldn't equate Soviet with Russian.

She has an extremely obvious belly by this point. Keep in mind that weeks have gone by from when he was admitted. Also the belly touching thing

>get irradiated
>feel sick for a couple days like you have the flu
>start getting better
>play cards with my comrades, feel like i could get back to work in a few days
>in 12 hours skin starts falling off
radiation is a fucking asshole, why do you start feeling okay for a little bit before it starts getting bad

Attached: 1557885811786.jpg (600x766, 137K)

>nurse tells her not to touch him
>kisses his melting arm
she's honestly so fucking retarted that even if the baby was not irradiated i'm sure hw would be born retarded as well

The Soviet Union's innocence

Attached: Butterball.jpg (320x240, 48K)

Why is he covered in icing?

Literally God's punishment for fucking with forces we're not meant to be fucking with.

probably a null period between your ability to feel nausea and your ability to have skin

Yeah they are just dead or in gulags

I assume most get over the initial symptoms of radiation sickness and then your shit starts to disintegrate.

They're all ethnically the same, however out of respect to the kino that is this show you are right. Still I am sad this show is only 5 episodes.

Attached: 1527562398226.jpg (640x480, 114K)

nonsense, the terror did great with 10 episodes

There were actually five KGB agents for every Soviet citizen

>what is this love you humans speak of?
and thats why you will always be an incel sweaty

All commie hellholes don't value human life. It's just another resource that you can throw at a problem.

Attached: top quark 2.jpg (206x196, 7K)

I think Yellowstone would be a lot worse right?

KGB thing is historically inaccurate for the period. Legasov was followed due to the sensitivity of his job but the KGB wasn't omnipresent in the '80s. (if they had been they would have zoinked Yeltsin. Though that's really Gorby's fault for not pulling the trigger).

this guy should have just taken the bullet

>why do you start feeling okay for a little bit before it starts getting bad
legasov literally explains this in the episode

Certainly beats watching old Chemical Safety Board accident videos.

want to know how i know you haven't been to the infirmary?

>ywn have gf so in love with you she endangers herself and your unborn child just to be near you

Chernobyl isn't an anthology, it's just a miniseries

>no based user providing a megalink with the episode for non pay pigs
Uuugghhhh. Nice general.

Attached: 1DA3B10C-B816-488A-8C16-791E93089DD2.jpg (600x315, 16K)

Pretty sure that died with Lenin

Its an overdramatized scare piece that makes the disaster and old soviet nuclear power generation appear to be worse and less safe than they actually were. The average prole will surmise that nuclear power is a terrible choice that will destroy the world

not if it happened in the soviet union

Attached: 4u.png (2038x490, 163K)

Kid will die because of mutation caused by radiation.

no he just says that it happens, not why it happens

I'm kind of curious myself, how does the 'dead man walking' stage even happen?

WHY IS SITNIKOV NOT IN MORE EPISODES HE IS /OURGUY/?

Attached: roof.webm (1024x510, 2.85M)

no....

Attached: 1557691073095.png (379x500, 357K)

i like that his character developed from "our way or the highway" to "oh shit valery you're right, we're fucked."
he's a lot more understanding now.

>balls so big he owns dem bois with smarty think >starts work as soon as it needs to be despite getting protection gear cause muh Big Balls of Lead
based

Attached: big balls.png (1727x853, 1.67M)

way better because it would rid the earth of the cursed amerimutt once and for all

face probably melted off five mins later tbqh

Attached: 1437392201671.png (741x649, 23K)

Attached: explosive kek.jpg (1462x1462, 942K)

Who is this spicy boi?

Attached: 1558402586441s.jpg (125x79, 1K)

>old soviet nuclear power generation
Reactor 4 was one of the newest in the USSR in 1986.

First its just little sunburn, you get over it while your internal organs slowly shut down and cells start to melt.

the guy who looked at the core

>spoon feed me, I'm retarded

He just needs to walk it off

Picture related

Attached: 1DFBBF34-3ABE-4316-9810-9EAECB6E47CA.jpg (750x481, 71K)

9 days went by you dumb fuck

>'Whatever you do, DON'T MAKE PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH YOUR HUSBAND"
>fast forward 20 seconds
>makes physical contact with her husband

Attached: 1371587090247.jpg (610x523, 102K)

Not great, but not terrible

Its design was from 70s

whatever, same thing. one season, that's it.

who do you know is chad enough to dig a hole under a molten down super radioactive nuclear reactor without heavy machiner while buck naked

1986 was over 30 years ago retard

Why keep them alive? At least have them in a medically induced coma?

Attached: 1528686834743.jpg (788x576, 353K)

>"If they can touch you, I can touch you."

Attached: really.jpg (900x900, 196K)

he says after initial exposure people feel fine because its the time after cellular damage has begun but the effects don't present until later when organs and stuff begin to fail.

>AHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1423AB3F-E87D-4ECA-93FB-72E731A456CC.jpg (1334x219, 174K)

He was one of the guys that work during the incident. He was with the other dude that had the glasses, but that guy has a face nomore

>piracy
KGB contacted
see you in the Tula mines faggot

>prole
autism

Attached: 1521016007268.png (1019x806, 1.43M)

youtube.com/watch?v=QK91pX2F9xw
such a shame how the board is filled with /got/ generals instead of this pure kino

Blood vessels and arteries literally split apart from any medication being administered.

hbo is capable of doing some kino when not corrupted

>Its an overdramatized scare piece that makes the disaster and old soviet nuclear power generation appear to be worse and less safe than they actually were.
>user says this while there is a dead forest and mutated animals roaming near Chernobyl
>a power station in Sweden picked up significant doses of radiation coming from Chernobyl
Read more brainlet

Attached: 1556685873276.jpg (640x548, 46K)

the ending of /got/ pissed me off so im okay with it.

/rbmk/ helps me calm down though

The guy that pumped water into the core, first episode

because euthanasia is illegal

Tuptonov

THERE WAS NO GRAPHITE

YOU DIDN'T SEE ANY GRAPHITE

STOP POSTING HERE NOW

>At least have them in a medically induced coma?
they can't you doofus. legasiv LITERALLY explains the human body falls apart so much they can't even give them morphine for the pain.

This picture was hanging up in the Kremlin. What do you think?

Attached: 300px-Iván_el_Terrible_y_su_hijo,_por_Iliá_Repin.jpg (300x236, 23K)

This man was kept alive for over 80 days

Attached: 978B71E5-378B-463D-A4D6-626D5D66B221.jpg (750x443, 74K)

This general was dead during the Got final. Just saying ;). Things are not always as they seem.

Attached: 71DBE328-CFCD-4161-95FB-DC24746247FC.png (499x477, 421K)

This is true. The RBMK had some safety issues (that the later episodes will get into) but the sheer amount of things that had to 1) go wrong, and 2)be deliberately fucked up in order for the accident to happen is incredible. They disabled all the safety mechanisms, stupidly altered a previously reliable procedure, went off script on the procedure, and even then there had to be an instrument failure in order for the explosion to happen. RBMKs outside of Chernobyl have operated without meaningful incident.

>every torrent is 128kbps audio split across F I V E channels
please tell me the legit streams tried a little harder than this

I love the show but it is definitely anti-nuclear. Might change when they talk to Dietlov but so far we've gotten 3 episodes implying they didn't do anything wrong, nuclear just decided to give the dick to humanity.

Too bourgeoisie desu

Jesus Christ

You have you cells that function normally and just took a bit of a beating but overall could recover. They should die in a week or two and get replaced with new cells.

Except the new cells never arrive. Your DNA is fucked up so badly that no new cells are being made. Old cells hold on as long as they can but eventually they die and your body starts breaking apart. Think decomposition after you're dead, except you're alive and along for the ride.

It's not anti-nuclear

I don't know why incels are getting triggered by this? It clearly shows a look of great concern on her face when she realizes what's she's done. She knows she's fucked so she's just trying to spend time with her husbando. Of course, you incels wouldn't understand. Just have sex and you'll know why

Why didn't they show akimov? Is he ok?

THREE POINT SIX

>t. Underage mutt slavboo

RIP Firefighter Widow's Babby

Oh ok.

Daily reminder that this picture is fake, none of the equipment used to keep Ouchi alive is present and he was basically always wrapped in gauze to prevent fluid loss

Were the Soviets at the time seriously concerned that all of Eastern Europe would be borderline unable to support human life within days? Seems like a massive hyperbole from one reactor

I didn't realize having sex turns you into a suicidal loon

I love how it all started from his little bit of statesmanship. Ordered Valery to tell him some shit, and then asked the head of the plant to tell him why there was graphite on the roof. When the head panicked from the question he knew everything was fucked.

yea senpai, i didnt sleep either holy fuck

Attached: what teh fuck did you do.jpg (301x330, 25K)

>Think decomposition after you're dead, except you're alive and along for the ride.
Fucking hell.
So basically radiation poisoning is the worst possible way to go then

wew lads

Attached: 1527034754587.png (730x768, 699K)

>Think decomposition after you're dead, except you're alive and along for the ride.
That's some real shit dude, what a fucked way to die.

Attached: e42.png (356x256, 200K)

They explained it in the episode. Graphite mediates the reaction and essentially allows a chain reaction to continue (or even accelerate). So dropping a graphite tipped control rod would speed up the reaction temporarily. Now if they had only added 10 rods at once, probably Chernobyl would not have happened. But they hit the SCRAM button (AZ5) which drops ALL the rods at once, so it's a sudden MASSIVE spike in reactor output.

His ass fell off.

they show his legs when ulana interviews him, all the makeup budget went to tuptinov and ignatenko though i guess.

>we've gotten 3 episodes implying they didn't do anything wrong
They literally made a huge point the senior engineer was 25 and most likely underprepared for the job. The show is about exposing incompetence.

What part of it is anti-nuclear? Literally everyone is talking about how there are so many failsafes that an rbmk exploding is impossible to even imagine.

I didn't plan sleeping today anyway

Maybe meddling with the code of our universe was an unforgivable slight against God, like human transmutation

Attached: panic.gif (500x280, 911K)

>underreacting to a nuclear accident that you already underreacted to once already leading to the deaths of hundreds

>Ivan the Terrible and His Son Ivan
Jeez the Russian are so creative with their names.

Attached: reddit btfo.jpg (1005x1263, 194K)

Please tell me where the poster said that was ouichi ?(granted, another well known radiation victim, but clearly not the one user was referring too)

There have been more deaths from coal mining than there ever will be from nuclear power generation. Even smog kills more than the release of nuclear material. Mutations in species are a natural part of life; you should do more reading

>why do you start feeling okay for a little bit before it starts getting bad
Because the initial radiation burns and direct ionizing radiation damage give way to long-term genetic mutation. This mutation is generally fatal to the offspring of the cells that can still reproduce and it's all down hill from there.

THE CORE IS PREGNANT

Attached: 1542743704751.png (413x373, 308K)

you mean gender confirmation?

More feedwater your grace?

False. God has failed by allowing this profanity to be true. We must abolish God and replace his laws of physics with ones of our design.

I am *hyper* pro Nuclear power (it is the ONLY source that makes sense for humans long term) but there is a big difference between a Soviet Reactor and a Western One, primarily in how it was run and operated. The flaws were with the system, which btw, is what they are actually SAYING the episode: they are repeatedly saying "These reactors cannot explode," and while they can, it requires ALOT of bad decisions to happen FIRST.

And to anyone that bemoans nuclear power as a result of this, just bring up the number of Coal Plant Explosions PER YEAR and see that the entire Death toll of Chernobyl over the last 40 years is ~= to what is done in 5 years in the coal industry in just the US.

Essentially this: To add: with the exception of a few special types of cell (neurons being the most obvious), literally all of your cells are replaced within the timeframe of hours (hair follicles) to months (sperm cells, though old ones are generally bad at their job). That's why the process talks about happens. This is also why old people are so shitty at everything; they aren't able to replace their cells as quickly or as well.

>"The power's empty, your grace. There's no more."
>"IS THAT WHAT EMPTY MEANS? WELL CONTINUE THE TEST!"

>There have been more deaths from coal mining than there ever will be from nuclear power generation.
I am an avid supporter of using more nuclear power. But coal can't contaminate an entire continent for 24,000 years and make it unlivable.

He can’t because he is a retard who jumped the gun and thought he was smart from seeing the photo posted on /x/

They never told her it was radiation /who knows how much she understood about radiation poisoning

>Maybe meddling with the code of our universe was an unforgivable slight against God
Remaining ignorant to the fatal truths of God's creation would be an even greater slight. Nuclear transmutation is the philosopher's stone. The purpose of this universe is to be understood.

Attached: Hermes.jpg (1264x1037, 1.59M)

>the ambient noises during the credits
stop it I'm already scared

Attached: 1552629708698.png (1200x600, 892K)

In a radical case of ARS, your body is attacked primarily in two ways. The radiation destroys your immune system, and combined with potential burns this is the first thing to attack, and likely what you die of.

The other issue is, ionizing radiation obliterates chromosomes from your body, meaning your cells have no data on how to reproduce. In small doses the damage means cell production is continued but faulty because it can't repair the damage, likely resulting in cancer years later. In TOTAL eradication though, it's like the other user said. Your muscles detach from bone, your gastrointestinal tract becomes a bloody floppy hose, your skin liquefies from all your useless blood bulging and eventually bursting through it. Your heart has to be weakened otherwise it will pop the vessels, but I mean at this point hopefully someone just lets you fucking die.

a lot worse.
it will trigger a global cooling and cause crops around the world to fail

>long-term estimates of the deaths from Chernobyl are 4,000 conservatively and 93,000 liberally
>even though everything that turned out was the best case scenario

How could this be the case from one goddamn reactor in Slavland?

Why is nature so shitty

Attached: god is gay.jpg (735x539, 44K)

>But coal can't contaminate an entire continent for 24,000 years and make it unlivable.

A...user....

Attached: warming.jpg (2000x1124, 272K)

Wrong. Yellowstone would normalize the Earth's climate and destroy clapistan, it's the best thing that could possibly happen to humanity.

>dude muh radiation sickness lol

Literally fuck off back to re.ddit with this re.ddit show.

Attached: comrade-dyatlov.jpg (846x752, 68K)

I still don't understand how jamming the graphite in makes the power output rise. Is it like some sort of nuclear fission analog to a diesel engine compression stroke?
>someone halp

We all know not having sex turns you into one as well, user.

>In TOTAL eradication though, it's like the other user said.
I demand my (You). I've earned it.

What the fuck was his problem? Ass covering bureaucrats seriously are the worst people on the planet

yellowstone would be the catalyst for a new age, the fallout of a disaster of that magnitue is something we can even begin to imagine

Cool. I love fake map threads.

Attached: 1446417418598.jpg (3972x2832, 2.05M)

What the FUCK was his problem?

>bobby b the best kang of westeros

it reflects the radioactive bullets
think of it like a hall of mirrors except it's a box around the reactive material

this user is delusional take him back to his /got/ general

Attached: 155456256562.jpg (996x1494, 207K)

*low bwooooaaaaap*

The graphite is used to force an atomic collision and split an atom which releases energy and catalyzes further fission reactions. More graphite, more collisions, more energy output.

It's like a turbo charger for your reactor.

GOD DAMNIT! I SPENT TO MUCH TIME SHITPOSTING ON /k/ I MISSED THIS WEEKS EPISODE!!!

good ep

hi corn

Engineering happenings are the best. The thai cave trapped kids was kino even considering it was monkey stuff.

Whoa, looks super comfy

>I'm gonna tell on you, I'm gonna tattletale on all of you

Attached: huadhfuih.png (2370x1463, 1.18M)

No it's Leonid Toptunov. See pic related.

Attached: sacha.jpg (724x728, 54K)

>set reactors to BRAAAAP

Attached: 1557897509456.jpg (565x542, 58K)

>what was that, comrade?

IT KILLED MILLIONS

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_jamesconca_files_2019_04_Chernobyl.jpg (960x651, 146K)

Attached: dyatlov things are bad.jpg (939x471, 52K)

DR KHOMYUK IM KGB

my b

TO POWER BILLIONS

To spread misinformation at a time like this..

holy fuck the memes, we could use some screencaps

Attached: hoovo.png (501x331, 187K)

Thank you, user. Enjoy your (You)

HONOR? I'VE GOT 15 SOVIET REPUBLICS TO RULE

ONE GENERAL SECRETARY

15 REPUBLICS

what a retard

CORE'S TOO FAT FOR ITS FEEDWATER
GET THE BORON STRETCHER!

Attached: 1545501065690.jpg (512x682, 77K)

Elon Musk getting butthurt and calling some rescuer a "pedo" really was the cherry on top

Nowhere, but that's clearly a victim of some sort of fire or chemical burn, not radiation

This is more terrifying than any horror movie I've ever seen

THE COOOOOOORE IS PREGNANT

It's literally like when your gram tells you to put on a sweater but you don't and you say you're okay but you end up being wrong

but this time you're really really wrong

He's right though, there's literally no other reason for american expats to be in thailand and it's a very well known thing.

>kgb spies conveniently come out of the woodwork
>who are you gonna tattle to comrade???? hmmm????
i laughed.

/RBMK/ has genuinely been producing some of the best memes I've ever seen on Yea Forums. well done lads.

Attached: improvedmaymay.png (531x575, 384K)

Why's his face gone /RBMK/?

;__:

Attached: Akimov.jpg (210x295, 10K)

Attached: whos in charge here.jpg (1350x1080, 550K)

I'm trying to separate fact from fiction. Was this the closest humanity came to annihilation since the Cuban Missile Crisis?

You don't think it's strange at all how it opened with the control room standing around with their hands in their ass like everything was supposed to be cool? We've got this horrific imagery and mystery magic burning/killing people in minutes, while the show (so far) glosses over the fact that the control room was driving the facility into the ground at 9000mph, well aware they should have hit the brakes before they did.

Those godless heathens never had any.
Fucking satanists.

Because he did everything right

>but this time you're really really wrong
keked

Attached: 40.jpg (600x528, 39K)

>ywn dig a tunnel under a collapsing nuclear reactor with your miner bros

Attached: 1.jpg (579x329, 45K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

No. Things way worse have happened. Well just never know. It's all in the shadows.

>do you feel in charge?

I felt so sad for him when he realized he was going to be dead within five years. He was such a hardass who seemed borderline suicidal in his ignorance but then you watch his heart break

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_close_calls

soviets almost started a nuclear holocaust because of a computer system malfunction

I prefer the cute core chan pics to the overly sexualized ones.

>If I measure 3.6 roteogens, will it be painful?
>....
>4 u

>now you look like the minister of coal
KINO

Oh man was that kino

>based chad miners
>Lady investigator discovers that this is in fact the USSR
>ALL THE LIQUID NITROGEN IN THE SOVIET UNION
>the firefighters and plant workers literally fall apart in full view of the camera, the only thing obscured is the one guy whose FACE FELL OFF

And through it all there is that constant unending pressure. That this is an enemy which cannot be avoided, cannot be beaten. It can only be contained. Desperately, and brutally. Safety can only be bought with lives.

And oh, the lives they will spend.

Attached: bzzzrrrroooiiinnng.gif (352x288, 1004K)

nuclear energy. what's the next big thing dark matter?

>Lady investigator discovers that this is in fact the USSR
my sides

Attached: 1511067903360.jpg (688x808, 151K)

we may honestly never know, amazing how the lives of billions lie solely on a few hundred people

best memes from the episode?

fuck

everything WAS supposed to be cool, the man at the top of the test operation refused to listen and then refused to believe the accident was what it ended up being
this is soviet russia you donut

>I'm trying to separate fact from fiction
Quite literally impossible at this point. The KGB and Soviet Counter-Intelligence buried anyone or anything particularly incriminating as deep as they could. It's actually pretty terrifying how well they hid everything.

Give me 100 Soviet miners over 1000 unsullied.

Are you wearing your hats right now?

>based KGB man

not quite as based as the miners but very close

Being this blatant at trying to backtrack. Why even mention ouichi??

fusion

KINOBYL

trust but verify

>When I was a child, President Putin asked what gift I wanted for my nameday. I begged him for a reactor core explosion. It wouldn't even have a big meltdown; it could be a little one, like me. Then Putin told me that Reactor Number 3 had been decommissioned in 2000. I cried myself to sleep that night.

Attached: Tyrion-dragon-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 40K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER

The miners.

somebody please make a webm of that good aerial shot that pans down into still the burning core from tonghts ep please

>That this is an enemy which cannot be avoided, cannot be beaten.
MILLIONS OF BULLETS

thinking bout that 'za

KGB guy genuinely scares me. That is a man who will have you shot and not even blink.

...but even he doesn't scare me as much as reactor-chan. She'll kill you, of course. But nothing so quick and painless as a gunshot.

big belly, big dick, big energy

BANG BANG BANG
PULL MY FISSION TRIGGER

because they really valued american life in vietnam right

>She is holding his shoes because his feet were too swollen to be buried wearing them.

FUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG

>His Son Ivan
Not Great, but not Terrible.

Vietnam War ensured commie expansion into Southeast Asia was halted. Suck it.

>or korea
>or the gulf
>or the middle east
wew

Legasov also ends up a "suicide" using a seemingly professionally tied loop the day before he was supposed to testify regarding his findings into the causes of the disaster

Even during the glasnost era the Soviets were beyond morally bankrupt

Kek

>THE NEUTRON BULLETS, THE GRAPHITE
>THOUSANDS WILL DIE
>...
>MILLIONS

Attached: blackwater.gif (450x260, 996K)

He didn't want to go back to Siberia (He instead went for worker camps)

Fusion but it gets pushed back 5 years any time someone mentions it

that dude had a dick like a soup can. blessed be.

>That is a man who will have you shot and not even blink.
He's as likely to shoot you as he is to appropriate you as an intelligence asset. Blackmail and threat of imminent death make a fantastic leash. The people following Legasov around are probably ordinary people with noticeable talent co-opted into espionage.

one of the few paintings that terrify me

Jesus, the more I watch this the more I see how Russia’s government is a failure. These people are bullied and basically shot or imprisoned by their own government. Both starkly anti-Russian and anti-communism. I love it.

Caption this

Attached: 947DFF9E-015D-4DDE-9CD6-4DD8EDB09B5A.jpg (1094x758, 145K)

chad miners vs virgin bureaucrats

Reactor chan doesn't want to kill you. She just can't help it.

The big issue was a poorly designed experiment (was made by an electrical engineer) and a poorly prepared night crew with little experience.

The KGB were doing nothing wrong; liberals and oligarchs deserved worse. If Gorby hadn't reined them in the USSR would still be standing and the world would be a hell of a lot less degenerate than it is now.

>Cambodia and Laos fall to the commies in the mid 70's
what did he mean by this

>this guy slaps your girls ass. what do you do?

may the miners souls be taken by her eternal burning joy

Michael Jackson in hospital following Pepsi Commercial accident (1984 Colorized)

it was literally from the ouchi documentary nhk made

>Both starkly anti-Russian and anti-communism.
I don't know if I'd say it's anti-anything. That's just the way things were in the Soviet system. The individual exists to empower the collective and that principle drove their entire system of ethics and governance. It's what happens when a State starts to become a replacement for God.

Americans desperately have to believe they won in Vietnam somehow so they twist the facts to make it seem like some sort of strategic victory since it was a disastrous tactical failure

>YFW the U-235 hits

wipe his skin off her skirt

Again. The retardness is reaching radioactive levels

Did that heli really crash that happens in Ep 2?

Attached: 1557623247032.jpg (1082x713, 368K)

those firefighters and workers were heroes. if this shit happened to today people would be suing from hell and back

Was she actually pregnant IRL? And what happened to the baby if she was?

kek

Attached: hot head smile .jpg (749x581, 82K)

Yes, there's footage of it.

It even looks exactly like the way it fell apart

I was turned on. Sexy bear mode

>3.6?
>Deal with it

Dicks out for core chan

a helicopter did crash, also by hitting crane cables, but it was a few weeks after not immediately during.

there is footage on youtube, go look it up.

It did, but it didn't happen during the initial cleanup - it happened during construction of the Sarcophagus, six months later.

Note the presence of the crane, which doesn't show up before or after.

>except you're alive and along for the ride.
Jesus Christ user, you know I have to sleep tonight, right?!

Attached: beyond human endurance.png (304x222, 133K)

Under different circumstances, yes. I think it was several days later though and they made multiple passes before accidentally colliding with the crane.

So it was sabotage.

It really crashed like that, just a couple months later after the explosion though.

youtu.be/Zjf5pdJJ44Q

youtube.com/watch?v=ICOu7KksgUA

6 months later not the next day

>he thinks the CIA and MI6 didn't then and don't continue to do the same exact shit as we speak.
cute

This is how the East Germans did it. Something like a fifth of the country was technically an asset.

Even then the experiment would have gone fine if they hadn't ad-libbed it.

>Doesn't follow the experiment's parameters
>Reactor stalls specifically because of not following experiment's parameters
God damned experiment!

The reactor designers should have taken into account that the failsafe button would cause a 1000x energy spike. But the experiment was hardly at fault.

Her baby took the brunt of the radiation and iirc was stillborn, but technically saved her life.

She was.

The child lived four hours, then died of cirrhosis and liver failure from radiation. They didn't even have a name.

Chernobyl took that from her, too.

new

drank too much feedwater

>if this shit happened to today people would be suing from hell and back

9/11 responders are largely forgotten in the ways that matter and the government doesn't care about them. I doubt it

I like to think I would step up in circumstances like that since I have basically nothing to live for but in reality I am probably fucking terrified of the prospect of my body literally forgetting how to live and experiencing decomposition until my soul evaporates into oblivion

hope nobody has a bout of sleep paralysis

Repin is based.

The painting's theme is "Russian asks oh god what have I done?" which is appropo.

I understand that they cannot keep them in a chemically-induced coma or administer morphine. If someone living in the U.S. today received the same dose of radiation, is there any way they could medically OR legally mercifully euthanize them? Or is it literally just a given that you WILL die the most torturous death imaginable?

Wow all these replies. Thank you for making this board a worthwhile place

Attached: 1550021094358.png (745x748, 882K)

Fuck Giuliani for the way he handled that. Guess there are ass covering bureaucrats in America too

Think I spent too much time in the sun, babe

Attached: 1557680259613.jpg (849x846, 230K)

Because morons keep posting that photo and claiming it is Ouchi, people invariably respond "no it's not" and then other people rage about how it totally is because some clickbait website told them so. It's like this general is doomed to have this fucking argument repeated in every thread.

You will die. The best medicine is a bullet.

If climate change was real every country in the world would be scrapping coal and natural gas power plants for nuclear plants.

>"okay you broke the promise last time but I'll give you another shot"
>"STAY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLASTIC CURTAIN"
>20 seconds later
>goes through the plastic curtain

Attached: 1538357257024.png (366x401, 69K)

Well we have the 2nd amendment so the victim if possible can legally buy themselves a shotgun and end it. Thank god

I cannot help but point out these digits

Yeah, I meant that it’s basically unflinching in its look at the Soviet Union. Obviously it’s dramatized some for television, but yeah, their government basically has become their god.

The experiment was very much at fault, the designers did not account for all possibilities and they had too many safe guards disabled.

Again, it was set up by people who were electrical and not nuclear engineers.

>Laos and Cambodia
user we already said that the US lost in Vietnam, the rest of Southeast Asia still stood strong against commie fuckery.

got what she deserved for not taking proper precautions

but desu soviet women are dumb, she probably had no idea what was even going on

It wasn't supposed to be cool, the control room was damn well aware of just how many warning signs, control systems and safety nets they were ignoring to conduct the test on time. We just had the 3 chiefs give interviews with their dying breaths acting like they did everything right. I'm sure it's just dramatization and they'll reveal the cause in the next two episodes, but I think holding off on that for a twist makes it more fear-inducing than it could have been in regards to nuclear power.

RIP unborn child

Holy kek

>she probably had no idea what was even going on
yeah, the episode shows her as only knowing he was burned in a fire and she has zero idea about the radiation.

>but technically saved her life.
explain

Attached: 1479193240172.gif (213x199, 339K)

>no picture of his missing face yet

how do you know.

Google image “the children of Chernobyl “

>imagine not being on BTN

>morally bankrupt

>thinking morals are anything but self imposed handicaps

Not that bad but not great either.

Men who believe they are the highest authority are capable of the worst atrocities you could imagine and many that you can't.

>23 May 1967
A powerful solar flare accompanied by a coronal mass ejection interfered with multiple NORAD radars over the Northern Hemisphere. This interference was initially interpreted as intentional jamming of the radars by the Soviets, thus an act of war. A nuclear bomber counter-strike was nearly launched by the U.S.

Attached: 1535761972164.gif (600x300, 263K)

is there a new ep next week or it postponed because its memorial day in the US. hbo has postponed eps in the past the same way.

Attached: 53jr3.jpg (193x202, 12K)

>soviet women are dumb

lmao americans are worse

FUCK THE USA

Anybody has a crossover meme between Stephen posting and RBMK?

episode 2 and 3 ending were both kino of the highest order. sadly hbo will only go downhill with new management

Not even the worst one
>On 26 September 1983, the nuclear early-warning system of the Soviet Union reported the launch of multiple USAF Minuteman intercontinental ballistic missiles from bases in the United States. These missile attack warnings were correctly identified as a false alarm by Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov, an officer of the Soviet Air Defence Forces. This decision is seen as having prevented a retaliatory nuclear attack based on erroneous data on the United States and its NATO allies, which would have resulted in an immediate and irrevocable escalation of the cold-war stalemate to a full-scale nuclear war. Investigation of the satellite warning system later confirmed that the system had malfunctioned.
For fucks sake this was in the 1980s and basically the same thing happened in the 1990s.

The cinematography is so fucking good, boys. The directing is perfect. Simple shots are done so well, the perspectives are fantastic, the soundtrack and use of sound is perfectly creating tension. The acting is god tier.

This is pure kino.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_(miniseries)
>May 27 2019

> craving some pizza

Reactor chan is a tragic villain. Cursed with a existence she never asked for of eternal loneliness brought on by man's hubris, trapped beneath concrete for all eternity

this user is in shock. get him out of here.

reactor did nothing wrong it only did what it was meant to do #nuclearsafe

post of the year.

Once again retard, user never mentioned him.

Cry more, or learn to read. But please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Thank god the based KGB chads shut her up
>YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!
>Hospital staff clearly trying their best, dealing with a never before seen incident
>I'M GONNA TELL ON YOU
What a fucking cunt

Attached: kinobyl.png (498x511, 272K)

Attached: 1212111111.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Top lel

>i have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Reactors on fire in sector 4...

I guarantee that hospital was bugged from front to back long before any of those people were brought to it. They chose that hospital for -all- of the victims for a reason. They probably had more KGB agents per square foot in there than in the Kremlin.

jesus

Attached: 1544085440894.png (248x317, 110K)