According to many, 2005-07 was the era where everything went to shit because of the start of Web 2.0, social media...

According to many, 2005-07 was the era where everything went to shit because of the start of Web 2.0, social media, johnny test, Ben 10, icrappy, housing bubble popped, and the Early Gen Z/zoomer kid culture was beginning. What do you think?

Attached: 1554425635207.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

Personally, the internet really dipped in quality for me when Discord came out. At first I was excited, as a replacement for Skype with my friends, but now it's completely replaced all the IRC chatrooms I hung out in which are ghost towns now, and they've ruined plenty of fandoms and generals on Yea Forums by being cliquey e-fame hangout alternatives, laeving threads to be shitposting fields.

Late 2006 is when it started. 2007 is when all hell came for all media.

1998 - Early 2006 is when Entertainment was good and at it's peek.

Attached: ezgif-5-93cc65e9c540 (1).webm (540x360, 2.73M)

>2005-2007
more like 2006-2012

2005. When CoD 2 came out.

2006 Yea Forums was still fun, but it was clearly
dogshit at that point, especially after the Scientology thing.

2007 is when Facebook went mainstream.

>1998 - Early 2006 is when Entertainment was good and at it's peek.

You're a zoomer for ignoring 1989-1997 (when there was classic simpsons)

I have a fringe theory that shitty calarts cartoons are a long-term consequence of the 2008 financial crisis. Nickelodeon and Disney Channel were doing fine during this time because they were able to survive on Hannah Montana and iCarly, but Cartoon Network's attempt at live action was a disaster and they needed something new and cheap, which is exactly what they got in Adventure Time and its low-budget goofy style. After Adventure Time became something of a phenomenon, other, typically worse shows in that style were issued (Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Star vs the Forces of Evil) to fill the gap in until they eventually became the standard.

Combined with the fact that the "little kid" audience cycles fast enough so that all little kids now expect that style and the fact that the economy never really recovered, that style stuck.

Fuck the Simpsons.

Eh, i'm not sure about the 2008 financial crisis affecting it. People were saying Nick and CN were already going downhill by 05-06 which was even before the 2008 recession.

Go watch the Adventure Time pilot first then make your analysis from there.

Animation also went to shit because Western animation schools now are mostly populated by rich kids who liked cartoons growing up and want to be animators for status. The great animation from the past was made when animation was a low-status career, especially in the entertainment industry. The animators were artistic weirdos who wanted to do their own thing and didn't care if it was a respectable career.

They ended up creating amazing work, resulting in a generation of adults who still thought cartoons were cool. Now a bunch of spoiled kids want to be animators but don't want to do the work to create good animation, so they've created styles like Gravity Falls, Adventure Time and Steven Universe that a 5-year-old could draw.

I used to think it was sad that Japanese society looks down on people in the manga and anime industries when they've done such brilliant work but it's probably saved their comics and animation from turning into complete garbage.

Attached: 1554866060896.jpg (1013x675, 380K)

*1989-1995, you ignoramous

Sneed.

Manchildren: The Thread

But 96-97 had good episodes too

Zoomer

>2005-07 was the era where everything went to shit because of the start of Web 2.0, social media

I am rusty on the history of internet: when facebook stopped being a studen platform and became normie social network? Then it all started.

Idk how in USA, but in Eastern Europe the change was marked, amongst all shit, by the abscence of kids playing kids on street. My generation is, probably, the last one who regularly chilled out at the streets while not peeking in the fucking smartphones all the time.

>I am rusty on the history of internet: when facebook stopped being a studen platform and became normie social network? Then it all started.
September 2006 so it all lines up with the 2005-07 suggestion

>le zany David Mirkin episodes from 1995 are classic
>Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein episodes from 1996-97 aren't
Absolute reddit opinion

B
A
S
E
D

What is Web 2.0?

>According to many
You do realise that grown men don't talk about this stuff in real life right?

>until they eventually became the standard.
They didn't though, the standard is 20 hours of Teen Titans Go in the schedule per day.

>but it's probably saved their comics and animation from turning into complete garbage.
No, Japanese animation is even more wretched; practically slideshow tier 1:1 adaptations of manga. Probably among the worst animation industries in the world at the present time.