Yea Forums gets both of the best fantasy masterpieces of the decade with Bloodborne and Witcher

>Yea Forums gets both of the best fantasy masterpieces of the decade with Bloodborne and Witcher
How is this fair bros

Attached: bloodborne_2[1].jpg (670x377, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jls8boIDo5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bloodborne is cool, but Witcher? KEK

Because those aren't made by American Jews

People who jerk off to Bloodborne wouldn't know a masterpiece if it throatfucked their dad in front of them.

The Witcher 3 is capeshit but it's very well-executed capeshit, and Geralt is still one of the best protagonists of all time.

Attached: Lardass.png (502x678, 708K)

Attached: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png (413x549, 71K)

Mad online

What an oddly specific example

whuts wrong with bloodborne? are you one of those demon souls players who seethe at the sight of something good?

People being dismissive of your derivative hack n slash game doesn't mean they're foaming at the mouth.

>Yea Forums gets to post off-topic trash on Yea Forums all the time

>author’s self-insert Mary Sue is the best protagonist of all time
lmaoing at you rn kid

Well which ones do you prefer my dude?

Attached: quizzical.png (900x900, 531K)

He's not really a Mary Sue if he actually did the training and is like 100 years old.

>but Witcher? KEK
genuinely feel bad for anyone that cant get into the witcher series

Attached: BaW_the_beast_of_toussaint.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

Likewise, I think in terms of the scope and overall production values it's still the best RPG of all time, or at least the grandest and most ambitious.

Witcher is gay as fuck. I can’t wait for the awful Netflix series to come out and flood the fanbase with even more annoying faggots.

Playing the witcher 3 for the first time now, its bretty good but my main complaint is that I fucking HATE Geralt. Being disaffected and dryly sarcastic is not a character. Otherwise 8/10, interesting quest lines, infinite things to do, looks gorgeous

>Being disaffected and dryly sarcastic is not a character.
let me guess, didnt play the first 2 games

Witcher in terms of plot and characters was better than any movie I’ve seen for a decade. Maybe longer

In terms of scope it can’t compare to any isometric WRPG. Production values sure but a third person action game with open world combat design philosophy cannot and will not ever offer the breadth of options or scope of something like Planescape or even something like Underrail.

Is John Boyega still the lead for bloodbourne?

>masterpiece
>rip-off of Lady of the Lake that pretends the events of that book still happened

No I didnt, just 3. If hes better in the first two that's cool, but hes still shit in this one

I meant purely in terms of the size of the world and the number of things there are to do (even if some of those things don't amount to anything more than collecting bits and bobs). I'm a huge fan of isometric RPGs and while they certainly have the upper hand when it comes to the degree to which you can roleplay (most characters not being fully-voiced is key here) they simply aren't as large as The Witcher 3. Maybe Divinity Original Sin 2.

im guessing you pick shit dialogue options
youtu.be/jls8boIDo5I

I feel like I can do way more things in Divinity and Underrail than Witcher 3. Witcher 3 has a grand map and does open world really well but I'm pretty much stuck only doing things Geralt would do which isn't that engaging of an RPG for me.

Nah I'm one of those fags that tries to exhaust all the unnecessary shit

>Witcher 3 is capeshit
Explain this shit right now, you homosexual cocksucker.

This is retarded.

I played tw3 for about ten minutes before I realised the combat is absolute garbage. I'm not gonna sit through garbage gameplay for a potentially good story.

The shittiest thing about witcher 3 is that it holds your hand way too much with the big yellow targets for map objectives and obvious dialogue options. I'll often find myself staring at the minimap and only glancing at the screen to make sure I'm not running into a tree or something

Super powered chosen one magical maguffin girl has to save the world, and a giant laser beam shoots up into the sky.

The combat is actually pretty solid. You sound like someone who doesnt like video games

I'm only just getting to novigrad now and I already feel like this is exactly the case

it has better combat that most western rpgs, hope you at least tried it on death march

That's a capeshit characteristic but does not make it capeshit.

The only real issue I have with TW2 and TW3 is the devs punched way above their weight trying to update the combat. They should have kept it basic since that's how you're going to be playing 99% of encounters anyway.

Oh noes, a magic thing happened in a fantasy world. How do I suspend disbelief.

>solid
*spam Quen and quick attacks ad nauseam*
*roll around and spam Ignii*
*knock stuff down with Aard and finish them in one hit*
it's a big platter of boring

Notice at no point did I say The Witcher 3 was bad, it's one of my favourite games of all time. I just think it shares some characteristics with capeshit.

Attached: shut up.png (339x262, 94K)

Oh so you played on easy/medium. Never mind I meant it's good when you dont pick babymode

How about you bring up how the whole concept is stolen from Michael Moorcock.

>play witcher 3
>empty world as in any assassin's creed game
>fetch quests galore
>SJW bullshit everywhere
>LOL DUDE IT HAS SEX AND POLITICS AND SHITTY ELVES INVADERS! KINO!!!
yikes, thank god Obsidian is back

Relax, the Witcher TV series will ruin the Witcher for sure.

>Witcher
>on Netflix
Thats going to be a dumpster fire haven't you heard?

>SJW bullshit everywhere
Like what?

Attached: thinking.png (741x568, 29K)

Same. You have to wonder how they can't figure out that the joke is we're all in on the joke.

>SJW bullshit everywhere
>thank god Obsidian is back
>mfw he doesn't know

Attached: 1546875389496.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

In terms of size yes but I would not define scope entirely by size. The Witcher III gives Geralt few solutions to his problems and most quests are structured in the same way. Track/combat/optional dialogue.

I would say your ability to problem solve in any real context is mostly nonexistent in the Witcher.

>the woman being the best blacksmith and forced to hide it and let the dwarf take the credit, until you intervene
>the viking princess warrior being the rational and smart one while her brother is a retard
>most males being retards
and there was other stuff but I haven't played it in years
what? PoE 2 was great

I think I can agree with that, but there are very few games which are able to effectively ride the line between "problem solving skills actually matter" and "solutions to problems are completely obtuse and unreasonable".

Redpill me on BloodBorne lore.

Agree with this, it seems like most quests involve very linear solutions or binary "choose a or b dialogue option to get a or b result". Most quests involve "find evidence for quest using your witcher senses in this very small yellow circle, then follow the big yellow target until fight or cutscene". Over and over

I think it's very strange that you criticize The Witcher 3 for "SJW bullshit" based on basically two instances of women being smart, but on the other hand loved PoE 2 when like half the fucking characters in the game are strong black women, which is normally something people can't stand.

Attached: big eye.png (729x638, 154K)

It's like Skyrim with hats