Gets his redemption arc abruptly cucked

>gets his redemption arc abruptly cucked
>dies doing nothing of particular note
>showrunners have the nerve to show his fucking corpse just to rub it in
>turns out he was buried under 6 whole inches of rubble and would have been fine had he stood 15 feet to the left
>woman he abandoned for no reason gets to write his life's legacy
>never actually did anything heroic so she has to spin everything to sound epic
>d&d rob Jaime of all character progression and then have the gall to highlight that very fact in the series finale

I have never been legitimately offended by a piece of entertainment before. They didn't want to give Jaime a cliche ending where he becomes the hero and fulfills all the prophecies exactly as written? Fine. But give him a fucking ending that suits his EIGHT FUCKING SEASONS of character development. This shit is absolutely enraging.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 891K)

bump

"how wolf judge loin?"

>muuuuuuuuuh arc
fuck off, I fucking hate when normies discover new terms for things

What? There's nothing new about the concept of a character arc.

He was basically a junkie, addicted to his sister, and the more I think about it, a happy ending wouldn’t have worked with him.
Brienne writing down his deeds on the book of kingsguard is probably the best finale had by any of the characters in the show.

it's because they knew that couldn't do it right so they just didn't even try. He was integral as a character so they couldn't just have him fuck off like Sam or Tormund OR Brienne so they subverted your expectations of having a satisfying conclusion, whether it being the one you wanted to see or not. He was rushed to his grave to get him out of the way.

they could have taken cover in the giant skull and been fine

The person you're replying to gets unreasonably upset when someone mentions a "trope", because tvtropes.com is bad and reddit and probably cringe.

A character arc doesn't need to end in salvation.
Next time try not to get a brain parasite, and by next time I mean never because you're taking this retardation to the grave.

>mfw people don't understand that Jamie was willingly sacrificing a happy life with Brienne to provide solace to wretched Cersei in her final moments as true atonement for his past evil acts

Attached: christ conciousness.jpg (640x360, 42K)

>a happy ending wouldn’t have worked with him
It didn't have to be a happy ending. He could have died while killing Cersei like the Valonqar prophecy says. Or he could have died while killing Daenerys, echoing his murder of King Aerys. He could have done anything noteworthy and fitting of his long and winding story. Instead he just did nothing and then died.
>A character arc doesn't need to end in salvation.
Of course it doesn't. But it should end in SOMETHING.

>jaime atones for his past evil by consoling the only universally evil character in the entire world as she dies
k

If Jaime was wearing armor based on the aftermath, he probably would have had a good chance at surviving the collapse right? There weren't that many bricks on him. Obviously if he just stood somewhere he would have been fine as well based on the aftermath, but even a hard hat might have saved him.

Cersei wasn't universally evil. She loved her children. Except the one she had with Robert that she strangled to death.

That is the stupidest fucking thing ever. Why would anyone defend this?

>Of course it doesn't. But it should end in SOMETHING.
It ended in him dying with the woman he loved. I know this is tough for you but realizing who you are is also a journey a character can take. He realized he was a bad person, but also in love with Cersei. That's where his arc ends, it's not rocket science, it's pretty fucking basic.
I can guarantee 100% that every single person complaining about this are salty fanbois who are angry their fanfiction didn't come true.

>Cersei wasn't universally evil. She loved her children.
You're right. She isn't a mentally unhinged schizophrenic who despises even her own children. What a hero.

there was no redemption arc. He just wanted to stick his peen inside brienne but that doesn't change the fact that he will always love Cercei

>He realized he was a bad person, but also in love with Cersei.
And he realized this in 5 seconds upon hearing that Dany was about to attack King's Landing? Something he knew was going to happen all along?

>there was no redemption arc.
Then what was Brienne talking about during his trial before the battle of Winterfell?

Yes.
Yes he did.
People realize shit all the time only when they're confronted with reality. His adventure with Brienne was a dream and not true to himself. As soon as he heard Cersei was in danger he went running to her.
I love how you pretend to be rational and smart and stuff while at the same time failing to realize that people are the worst judge of their own character.

>turns out he was buried under 6 whole inches of rubble and would have been fine had he stood 15 feet to the left
This in particular was pretty stupid.

>mfw people don't understand that Cersei was willingly sacrificing a happy life with Robert to provide sustaining love to despised and dishonored Jaime as true atonement for her future evil acts

I welled up when Brienne was writing in the book.
It was the best scene in the finale.

I yelled FUCK YOU at the screen. It's so fucking dumb. Brienne should be the last person willing to say nice things about Jaime. And she didn't even cross out the Kingslayer shit and write down what actually happened, something that only she and a handful of living people know: that Jaime killed Aerys to save King's Landing. Bunch of horse shit.

Tyrion and Bran can back her up.

Jaime has a flat character arc

fuck off you mongrel. the reason he behaves in ways that make no sense is because EVERYONE behaves in ways that make no sense, the last seasons in general, but this final one in particular. shit like cersei sending bronn to kill tyrion but then not killing him when she has the chance, or him raging like a lunatic about how much he hates her and how much pleasure it gave him to see her bastard son die in front of her, to crying like a bitch over her death - this being the guy who killed his father and his lover and swore death upon his brother before inexplicably turning into a totally different character right around the point where getting stabbed in the gut and rolling around in shit water goes from being 100% death to generating a mild stomach ache

Dude your HEAD is pretty weak against ROCKS

yeah best scene for sure. but how they got there was so stupid

>turns into a rant about how GoT is shit
Thanks for agreeing with me.