Untitled

Attached: clue.png (251x189, 55K)

2001 a space odyssey

Brazil

Only ever turned off 2 movies before the end.
>Ghostbusters (with the tarts in it).
>Dumb And Dumber Too.

what is The Witch

What is Blade Runner

Total Recall.

What is blade runner 2049 alex.

Victoria

what is Ain't Them Bodies Saints
what is Dear White People

Tinker Tailor Solider Spy. I really tried to like it.

Alita

Roma & Moonlight

Women

What is Avengers Endgame?

Bladerunner

>total recall
>boring
what did you watch the 2012 version.

What is Avatar? I’ll take OP Is A Faggot for 300

Attached: avatar reddit.jpg (938x630, 588K)

what is the godfather trilogy

Master & Commander, my bf wanted to watch it but I turned it off.

The Breakfast Club

High-Rise
The trailers we're promising and I love dystopian stuff but it was the perfect combination of dull characters and lack of world building that I just couldn't get into it.

Why am i woman, its true dude. First hour and a half was pure dogshit, the only thing that happened is some clone girl died and some guy was looking for his dad.

Justice League

Avatar is so fucking boring though, it's an hour longer than it should be. No one who has seen it can even same a single character from it.

what is 90% of movies I've tried to watch in the last 5 years

Dick

>dude
I can smell your vagina from here, only a woman would dislike the film

Blade Runner is easily one of the most boring films ever, I watched it once and hated it.
Watched it again, hated it even more.

pleb filtered
based
nice try Hampton
your writing is an abortion

Attached: youheardme.jpg (640x469, 73K)

What is Kill Bill?

I somehow watched it till the end but by the end I had no clue what the film was about or what was going on. I was watching alone, without pauses, not staring at my phone or any of such dumb shit. I don't understand why or how but the entire movie sort of flew over my head

Spider Man Homecoming

Attached: 2CB63110-A9BC-47FA-A28B-11CC7EBEC6CD.jpg (250x247, 4K)

Does Game of Thrones count?

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

seconded

What is Mr. Robot. Such a dull and pretentious movie.

based meta-joke poster

Lol you think im a woman but im not.

One of the transformers movies, I think it might have been 3, that movie went on forever and was insanely boring, I couldn't finish it.

Am I the only one who saw Avatar in theaters and was laughing at how bad Avatar was? Like every time the blue people cried I couldn't help but laugh at how melodramatic it was. Also kept calling the main bad guy Brett Favre because he looked exactly like him.

99.99% of silent films
90% of black and white films

Every MCU movie post 2008.

kys

any capeshit flick
any nustarshit flick
any TV show

the new star wars

t.german

seven samurai

Gravity

Un Homme Qui Dort

You've yet to prove otherwise

LotR the fellowship of the ring

hey same here, I also fell asleep at some point near the end of 7 samurai

Suicide Squad.

I do this every year with Jet Li's filmography; starting on his birthday, I watch one film a week in chronological order.
Also have the same meal with each film. It's a weekly tradition for me and has been for the last few years.

Only one not on DVD/Blu-ray is Gong Shou Dao, which really annoys me.

But I've got it perfectly timed for 53 weeks of viewing (it's a double when you end and start again the next day. i.e. this year it ended on the Thursday and then started again on the Friday). I even include his PS2 game - I spend the afternoon trying to get through as much of it as possible.

Hi brainlets. Watch it again. It's a perfect movie

The Phantom Menace

Killing Them Softly

Weirdly enough, the only people I know who love that movie have a belief in the spiritual. My friends (and any women) got bored because it didn't activate any deeper thought in them. It's probably my favorite movie that I don't consider a genuine pleb filter.

what is Skyfall

>pretending to like dated trash

everything done back then is done now but better. better acting, cinematography, set/costume design, sound, visual effects etc.

No, the old one with Arnold. I really hate sci-fi, I might give it another chance someday.

>underage brainlet can only think in technology
Stick to Apple shilling

not an argument, pseud

Stop watching DC movies then.

Every single person that says this about old movies has also never seen more than 10 of them. legit kys

slit your wrists you pathetic discordtranny

>hurr durr not shiny enough for me
Not an argument.

Drive
Most overrated movie on Earth

t. dogfucker

Most boring movies I've sat through:

Tree of Life

BvS and Suicide Squad

Infinity War

Inherent Vice

The second and third Fifty Shades movies

Harry Potter (the final movie)

Master and Commandeer

Rogue One

The Dark Knight Rises (fell asleep in cinema)

explain why they're not dated trash

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

all of the mcu

Black Panther

A Field in England

the burden of proof is on you

Attached: 1542743785797.png (3840x2160, 2.26M)

Compare the set design of Intolerance to Avengers Endgame. 1000x better, you literally cannot disprove this.

Insomnia

Drive. Literally the worst movie ever.

word

Tokyo Story

I really tried. hurts to be a pleb.

Attached: 1494466341370.png (645x773, 10K)

I killed myself during a viewing of A Ghost Story

I’m not joking, watch it a third time. It’ll suddenly click. Same exact shit happened to me. Or maybe it was the fact that it was the version without narration.

Blade Runner is actually the second most boring movie ever.
The most boring movie ever is Blade Runner 2049.

What is Australia?

Synecdoche New York

Kubrick attacked the New York critics that panned 2001 as "dogmatically atheistic". He saw the film as fundamentally spiritual, about the "search for God". It's all about awakening and belief it what you see.

that's because you watched the wrong Ghost Story
You need to see the 1981 movie

dances with wolves
death in venice
napoleon dynamite

i already said movies today do everything better.

you can't prove that 100 year old props in grainy yellow tinted film is better

What was the name of that movie about Johnny depp turning himself into an A.I. called? I can't even fucking remember the name

Attached: adfasd.jpg (480x360, 22K)

I agree aswell, I mean how can older films even compete with this breathtaking level of set design, framing, cinematography and special effects?

Attached: 001avn_ons_inl_12_1.jpg (540x266, 25K)

Transcendence?

Amber Heard kept me going

This so much, everything is better today, no question about it

Attached: Civil_War_TV_Spot_55_with_Spider-Man.png (1920x800, 1.34M)

What is the Thin Red Line?
Got half an hour in before the voiceovers became too much

Tree of Life

Cleo from 5 to 7

Attached: 1551202699886.jpg (600x703, 46K)

god damn that's such a boring frame.
With all those characters in costume and the whole set just looks sleeper.

I've tried a few times and it's just so boring. I don't get it.

but then who was phone?

Its a pompus and overblown message on the evolution of human thought, filled with false spirituality built around the idea human progression has been guided by an invisible hand.
>didnt activate any deeper thought
There is no deeper thought. The movie is surface level exploration, underpinned by some fantastic special effects. Far too many sequences are arbitrarily drawn out in length to make them seem more than they are. Your friends are unironically smarter than you.

Its boring for most because it was made to appeal to those on psychedelic drugs who narcissistically assume they have gathered some deeper meaning. Yes, I watched it on acid the first time. No, it does not espouse any revolutionary ideas that any adolescent with the capacity to question the world around them would have not already thought of.

What isn't there to get? It's a classic Cold War thriller

Primer

A River Runs Through It

crouching tiger hidden dragon

>it was made to appeal to those on psychedelic drugs
Not everyone is a filthy degenerate like you

Anomalisa

>Its a pompus and overblown message on the evolution of human thought, filled with false spirituality built around the idea human progression has been guided by an invisible hand
This is the most basic analysis of 2001 that everyone says
>Its boring for most because it was made to appeal to those on psychedelic drugs
False. 2001 was a big budget, heavily marketed mainstream film. It wasn't until the rerelease two years later that it got its hippie-drug connotations. That run was where "The ultimate trip" tagline was used.

Tati's Playtime

Amarcord

Killing Them Softly

????

Do you have a better analysis to share with us?
>False. 2001 was a big budget, heavily marketed mainstream film
Care to explain why any casual movie-goer would want sit through the last act NOT on drugs?

>he needs drugs to enjoy a film
absolutely beyond pathetic and embarrassing really

Can't argue with quads.

Attached: czck9aeuswr3jwcdmvfk.png (1600x900, 1.16M)

films women will never understand

Unironic faggot with shit taste. Try reddit

One of my analyses of the film is the necessity for America to abandon its Cold War mythology in order to avoid nuclear war. This is corroborated by outside sources including quotes from Kubrick and Arthur C Clarke.
>Care to explain why any casual movie-goer would want sit through the last act NOT on drugs?
Because they're not scum like you?

Please do me a favor and watch the whole movie without once checking your phone/computer/etc and then report back. You (not me, you) can't do it. Just watch the movie.
>needs drugs to enjoy
Yeah to delude myself into thinking this film has merit

Can you explain more and reference scenes within the film?

>scum like me
I think you'll hard pressed to find a "casual movie-goer" who would share your opinion

I've done it about 7 times now, last time in cinema seeing the remastered version, best theater experience of my life.
Sorry for your mental illness

Ender's Game

Pirates 2, tlj

Do a sailor dive off the top stair immediately

John Wick 3

Deadpool

I made it to about 45minutes

BR2049

I LITERALLY WALKED OUT THE THEATRE HALFWAY THROUGH

Attached: 9e4af080c216ce6db888b59577a35e26.jpg (500x383, 43K)

show tits

I remember thinking this when I was like 12. How fucking plebeian are you?

tits or gtfo

I would agree that the movie doesn't activate any specific deeper thought, but the vagueness of it unironically made me think deeply despite this. The first part of what you said (not the drug thing) is technically true. Maybe I should have used the word "prompted" instead of "activated". As lame as it sounds, it is one of those movies you have to WANT to think about going in. The movie really doesn't present any explanations of its own, which is why conjecture has to be inherent to your personality. You can gather deeper meaning from any movie, even if it's not intentional. 2001 is just really good at making people think on their own, which I assume is by design.

Attached: ramirez.jpg (640x394, 96K)

I can't keep track of that many movies

What is The Hunt

PotC: Dead Men Tell no Tales

I like my wars hot and explodey

The Master

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

based

Detective Pikachu.

Seven Samurai isn't boring come on
Even when there's no action going on they're joking around and it's fun

bad grandpa, literally almost fell asleep

Dr. Strangelove

Any Woody Allen movie

Wag the Dog. I admit it, I was a ignorant nihilistic shit who couldn't give a fuck about how propaganda manufactures public consent. I just wanted to smoke pot and drink on weekends.