So GoT had a shit ending

So GoT had a shit ending.
Ending an series can be a difficult job (often because people don't want it to end) but it can be done well.

The Wire's ending was pure kino.

Attached: 848735.png (960x640, 759K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Fqi9w2OafQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e5s7hwqiu34
youtu.be/yblTtFnSVaA
youtube.com/watch?v=xDQliAo05Vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you think about it, and I've thought about it a lot, Baltimore was kind of the main character all along.

No shit

Yeah, kinda like the Midwest is the main character of Fargo.

The Wire is a weird example, though. I mean it's not like you can learn much for screenwriting purposes from it - they could have appropriately ended it after any of the five seasons, since the ending is "nothing really changes"

Best fucking show ever made, btw. I cannot overstate how much I love The Wire.

Attached: tenor.gif (400x304, 3.57M)

kek

What are the chances that I’ll like The Wire if other police dramas/procedurals bore me? Is it really that much different and better?

The Wire's ending was good.

The Shield's last two episodes were some of the best hours put to television.

>he literally quoted David Simon
You sure are one smart user

Californication's ending gets my dick hard with the last shot.

I think that while it technically can end any season, the 5th did the best at showing the cycle and younger characters filling old roles like Dookie being the new Bubs and Micheal being the new Omar and such. Was pretty damn kino at showing how the players may change but the game stays the same, even if the last season wasn't the strongest the last episode was great.

Justified

Who had better tits - that Wire gf in the second season or bad poosey in GoT?

Fraggle Rock ending was pretty good.

It's hardly a police drama, it's a show about gangs. Unions, cops, niggers selling crack, niggers importing crack from Greeks (the nigger of the sea), niggers running gangs in schools, niggers ganging up to steal money and drugs from the nigger gangsters who sell drugs, nigger gangs going to war with other gangster niggers over territory-

It's hard to convey in a short little Chan post, but the amazing thing about the wire is how it manages to tell a story about all that, in an interesting way, while making all the characters feel alive and human. And there's (almost) never a moment where it becomes ham fisted or unrealistic, so when you've watched the entire thing, it feels so real and raw and fresh that you will probably wind up re watching the entire series at least once if you make it all the way through.
Oh, AND? Literally too many good characters to list. Pic related doesn't make most people's top 5, and yet he infinitely mogs most other shows' best characters.

WARNING : SEASON ONE STARTS OUT REALLY BORING, AND REMAINS BORING FOR A FEW EPISODES.
it doesn't explain anything or introduce the characters, you're just supposed to know them already because you're supposed to be watching the show for the fifth time already. It was a bold strategy for a TV show, and it's no surprise it struggled with ratings.

If you absolutely cannot tolerate atrocious niggertalk, you will not enjoy this show.

Nobody liked S5 of this show when it came out. This is the same revisionism I see here about The Phantom Menace.

>WARNING : SEASON ONE STARTS OUT REALLY BORING, AND REMAINS BORING FOR A FEW EPISODES.
Jokes on you, I fucking loved the slow pacing of season 1 and the REAL detective work of it.

>that Wire gf in the second season
The politician slut who worked for Lord Baelish? Her tits were easily better
Forgot my fucking pic

Attached: bubblesthewire.png (1200x720, 1.01M)

the lugenpress arc ruins the whole season

Justified had a great ending because they kept bring in new characters and stuff like it wasn't even having its series finale 2 eps later.

The first two episodes of season 1 are my most re-watched episodes, and among my favorites, but my first viewing I was just wondering "who is this guy? Who is that guy? Who is she?" etc

Attached: dennis-cutty-wise.jpg (230x230, 10K)

probably because THE WIRE was intended to end after 5 seasons.
THAT was the story it was going to tell.

Everything else exists as a fucking consumer product that keeps getting bled until it can't bleed anymore

WELCOME TO Yea Forums

Attached: 1531696569967.gif (280x141, 1005K)

Nicky's baby mama and its not even close

Attached: Proctor-The-Wire_770482.jpg (1920x1070, 202K)

? I think the newspaper stuff was probably my least favorite thing about the show, but I wouldn't say it ruined anything, in fact in my opinion it added to the show.

What did you dislike about it?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

lel

The Shield is the most kino series finally

Attached: 54DD5BC5-E938-4D3A-B2E5-CDF4DCAC4F78.jpg (200x149, 9K)

The Wire ending sucked though cause Marlo won and McNulty, Lester, and Bunny lost.

Ohhhhh yeah, forgot we got to see those.
Actually, I think they filmed every season with no idea whether they'd be picked up again. That said, I don't know how the fuck they would have continued the show after resolving the story arc of the biggest character on the show.

Attached: mcnulty-drunk.png (642x428, 265K)

Lord Baelish vs Tommy Carcetti, who wins in a campaign for presidency??

n-name?

I hope ur joking
Why are they sleeping on top of the covers with their clothes on??? Haha user weird show you posted

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 8K)

A white mayor in a black city? Impossible. Unless horses vote.

>The Wire ending sucked though cause Marlo won and McNulty, Lester, and Bunny lost.
welcome to Greek Tragedy 101, pleb

Attached: greek.png (975x926, 845K)

>Lord Baelish vs Tommy Carcetti, who wins in a campaign for presidency??
the one who runs against the Moolies

Attached: malaka.png (975x926, 716K)

You should check out Game of Thrones, friend :)

Based greekposter

>Based greekposter
but, of course, I'm not eben greek
youtube.com/watch?v=7Fqi9w2OafQ

Attached: 1557253528785.jpg (1288x983, 127K)

How am I joking? The only good death at the end was slim charles blasting Cheese in the head. The only other satisfying moment is Rawls getting the picture of his van overseas with the longshoremen.

TDKR had a cool ending.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-20-19h27m24s469.png (640x356, 255K)

Oh, you posted it before I could.

EFUGE EFUGEEEEE

Seriously, people call all sorts of lukewarm bullshit "KINO" and they haven't seen the wire. Shit makes you sad

Attached: thegreek.0.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

Because you seem to think that it's the show's obligation to satisfy your wish-fulfillment fantasies instead of depicting life as it actually is

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 17K)

>EFUGE EFUGEEEEE
it roughly translates
> DID HE HAB HANS?
> DID HE HAV FACE?

Attached: hab-hands.png (1232x878, 1.81M)

Angel's ending is the GOAT. The last season is also its best by a mile, which is so rare to see.

>The only good death at the end was slim charles blasting Cheese in the head
uh, sweetie
have sexual intercourse
youtube.com/watch?v=e5s7hwqiu34
best death scene ever captured on film

Attached: image0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

How did you get through 5 seasons of realistic portrayals of plot lines and character arcs yet somehow suspect a hollywood type fictional happy ending? The show is literally about how institutional and systematic failures in our society and politics makes the drug game impossible to overcome and the cycle of violence and corruption to go on endlessly. You expected a happy ending there? Even if Marlo was arrested another would immediately take his place. Game stays the same. If anything it just gets more fierce.

I'M NOT EVEN GREEK!

Attached: 1557833262368.jpg (854x480, 65K)

I'm leaving now, coincidentally to buy illegal drugs from a black guy, but I will leave this thread with a giga kino scene,
youtu.be/yblTtFnSVaA
also :

4>3>2>1>5

Attached: cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpg (1200x675, 105K)

>The show is literally about how institutional and systematic failures in our society and politics
a lotta words to just say
> niggers

Attached: a01.11 PM 003.png (813x475, 450K)

>bring a bunch of people to your country, refuse them education for hundreds of years then make it difficult for them to find good work and decent pay and equal rights
>suddenly shocked that they now are involved in criminal activity

Man white people sure are smart. Like the scorpion and the frog here.

Chris beating the pedo wasnt the last episode, stupid.

I tried watching this but I literally couldn't tell the black people apart from one another. It was too confusing so I dropped it after like two episodes.

SCIENTIFIC FACT THAT IT TAKES AT LEAST 1 MILLENNIA TO ESCAPE SLAVERY AND JOIN CIVILIZATION

Attached: 1511849638835.jpg (530x970, 179K)

Those pollack idiots didn't even realize they were dealing with backstabbing russians

Attached: 1557864951312.jpg (1200x675, 113K)

Kind of tempted to start up the Wire next week, is it more like a cop drama or focused mostly on gangsters in Baltimore?

i love the Wire because it is the love work of David Simon, who was hell-bent on showing the injustices of black America
Produces The Corner and The Wire and even Treme that illustrate black American plight accurately like nothing else
> ENDS UP EXPOSING HOW THEY BRING IT ON THEMSELVES

Attached: 1556654903293.gif (311x223, 1.52M)

>is it more like a cop drama or focused mostly on gangsters in Baltimore?
you could say that if you hate both

Attached: gk__espera2_7164.jpg (347x233, 21K)

>yfw The Wire called fake news 10 years in advance

Attached: 2C62AD9E-4BCE-4294-B4A3-8540E0C81A4F.jpg (320x292, 19K)

>What is africa.

Always shocks me a cuckfuck like David Simon made such a great show. Guess political leanings don't detract from actual talent

>OUR GREATEST ALLY
what was Simon trying to tell us?

Attached: a08.10 AM.png (293x337, 202K)

Fun fact: The writers had some kind of experience with every job portrayed in the show.

GREEKPOSTER
KALIMATA

>Greeks (the nigger of the sea)
kek

>tfw he's not even greek

*rips his israeli passport*

It was still a different era where racial politics weren't that hysterical due to social media amplification, he definitely went full retard with his blog and the trayvon case and becoming a Hollywood (and Obama) darling... his sanctimonious arrogant jew really started showing, and also became less interesting as a writer, his shit on The Wire was probably offset by Ed Burns, and other no nonsense writers who were just interested in depicting real shit and telling a good story instead of shoving a message down your throat. No way he'd do a character like Levy now. GK was fantastic but everything afterwards fell flat.

>the wire ending was good
That whole last season made no sense

>whole last season
fake news
it was Simon jerkoff material for his days in the Baltimore Sun

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-170128_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 740K)

I think the way they don't handhold the audience and doesn't explain police and drug dealer jargon or explain who characters are makes your brain work overtime trying to work things out, making you more engaged with it. I probably wasn't entertained the first few episodes of season 1 but I was hooked because I wanted to make sense of it.

Exactly. The last season was all about the ways and reasons different people Bullshit each other.

Treme was still pretty good.

The montage itself made up for the bizarre season. It was Simon grinding an axe against his former workplace.

The Wire was good because it didn't try to endear a piece of shit like McNulty to the audience any more than it tried to endear a piece of shit like Stringer Bell to the audience.
McNulty is an absolute piece of shit, fuck anyone who identifies with him or likes him. You probably missed the point.

>JIIIIIMMMMMMMAAAY

Attached: KILP.jpg (480x360, 10K)

i know this is a fuck niggers board and all but bunk was one based nigger
would get shitfaced and smoke cigars with before crashing my car into a wall and getting caught fucking dinner waitresses

McNulty was a piece of shit as a person but as a character he was the perfect focal point for the sprawling story they were telling.

>not wanting to share a beer with Fremon and listen to his stories from the old days

So where was he actually from?

probably Russian Vors, the Israeli passports when they disappear were the clue

Macedonia

Ultimate pleb-filter ending

Attached: livinglikejames.png (646x431, 212K)

The Wire's ending was good because it stayed with itself thematically. When Omar dies, it comes out of nowhere, it's unceremonious, but the game is the game. The whole ending is exactly about that sort of transcience - it was a critique of the drug trade and the tactical arms race it engaged in with the police, but also the Darwinian nature of urban capitalism and the ruthlessness of "The System." There's no sugarcoating. Randy's story ends in a way that isn't neatly tied up - he just becomes another casualty of the drug war. It's not all bad, but it's not all good. Game of Thrones didn't bother establishing a clear point of view, and then when they did they just threw plot armor on all the Starks and called it a day. I will say that McNulty's story in Season 5 of The Wire was trash, but it at least *made sense,* whereas Game of Thrones left loose ends, dropped characters, added fan serviced plot armor, and had more plot holes than I think I've ever seen on TV.

This is explicitly mentioned by the writers. Are you trolling or...?

See, that's how you write a character. I had to remind myself he was a bad guy when he died.

It's not really a procedural, it's more of a drama relating to drug wars that were fought in the 1990s.

Stringer, Bodie, Snoop...this show will never be topped for making me hate characters and then be sad for them by the time they go.

I still don't like Season 5 but the ending itself was good. Most of people's hangups over season 5 had to do with McNulty's story and the press subplot being fucking boring.

The right episode order.

>posts a guy famous for portraying an Italian mob boss
ok fren

Cringe

Simon was nothing if not aware of racial stereotypes, even if he ended up being a total libtard about it. Talk to anyone in public office on the East Coast, they all understand how ethnic blocs work in a way that West Coast fags just won't be able to relate to.

This

Our lens into a piece of shit situation is a piece of shit.

Pottery.

Reminder what he did to his own innocent friend

McNulty looking around and realizing he just fucked a teenager is priceless

Fucking glorious. I've seen them more times than I can count, but fucking glorious.

I believe he's from Cyprus.

How my hair look man?

I had the same reaction to it.

>I'm just a humble nigga with a big ass dick
He was funny. I did like seeing the contrast with him and Lester and the colonel who set up Hamsterdam. They all grow up on the corner and just end up going a different way. I thought it was funny how the cops end up beating on civilians (S5 I think), shaking down dealers (S4), and trying to intimidate the local gangs (like when Prez, Herc, and Carver go to the towers in Season 1). I saw an article recently that there were some cops who got chased out of a neighborhood by the locals, just like in the show. Really makes you think about how fragile the system is, even with a surveillance state in place.

I think it's because of how raw you know it's going to be. Snoop was probably the only one I didn't really care about, but I know what you mean - you just see this look in their eyes, and all three of them die alone as anonymous nobodies. I read an article years ago that said black gang culture (rap music and that sort of thing) was essentially rooted in a romanticization of Italian mobster movies and this sense of enduring fatalism - "This is my corner, I ain't going nowhere!" The article claimed that if we thought of these kids as being more than thugs, we would see them as products of a perverted system. I was heavily into /pol/ and sort of laughed it off at the time, but I'm beginning to think the narrative might have some value. If you're at all into this sort of thing, I would suggest reading "On the Sidewalk, Bleeding." It's a short story that speaks to the desire to escape the senseless enmities of gang violence, wanting to be something, anything else, knowing that your life could have been so much more.

youtube.com/watch?v=xDQliAo05Vw

Hence
>I had to remind myself he was a bad guy when he died.

Masterfully delivered. All three of them want to put on this image, dying with a reputation. Only Bodie really manages it. You can tell both Stringer and Snoop are thinking about all they have left to live for. It's despair, a fall from grace. We saw this portrayed elsewhere recently, and it was a good performance in an otherwise forgettable season.

Attached: IMG_4970.jpg (1200x672, 97K)

>I would suggest reading//

Attached: 10-how-niggers-think.jpg (700x1200, 150K)

All 3 episodes written by Pelecanos I believe, did all the penultimate episodes. Simon's trigger man.

Bodie goes out like the truest G...
>Run wit it motherfuckers!

what was he?