What went wrong with the DCEU?

Why couldn't they get their 2.6 billion dollar "Endgame"?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-20-19-21-00~2.png (720x700, 733K)

The absolute state of DC

>Why couldn't they get their 2.6 billion dollar "Endgame"?
Hack "Let's go for the camrip look" Synder

Have sex, marblecel

because they didn't want to work for it and they shot themselves in the foot with the gritty aesthetic

they chose vision over pandering

> gay
> hispanic
> black
> JEW
> woman
> chink
so progressive

The crippled kid is gay and an orphan? Wow that fucking sucks.

>didn't call it "Shazam Senpai"

DCucks confirmed brainlets

The gritty aesthetic wasnt the problem retard. The content was

Don't bother calling them out. They're in hiding and have become Avatar/Cameron nuthuggers to cope

Their Captain Marvel was the first movie.

Not enough quips. And Disney sabotage.

shazam was kino.

Superman is not an interesting character so it was silly to make his movie first, but I don't think they were expecting to make a "universe" at that point.

DC should never have a movie "universe" because all of the major members of the justice league have had so many tv shows/movies over the years everyone knows who they are. they should be doing one/two movies based on certain graphic novels.

Superman Red Sun would be great. Make The Long Halloween as a trilogy and it'd be great, better yet let Nolan do a Batman Beyond trilogy with his Robin character picking up where Bale left off. There is no reason they have to have the giant mash ups that marvel (disney) makes

Because their movies are shit, and Shitzam was literally their lowest grossing film in all the DCEU, even lower than the disaster that was Justice League
They should stick with Aquaman only

Didn't build it up properly. And they started panicking when marvel movies were making bank and reshooting their movies to add quips rather than to continue having a serious tone. But mostly they were too much in a rush to make Justice league

Except Shazam had much better return of investment as it made 4.5 times times its budget, while JL made only 2 times its budget

talk shit get hit

Attached: 61168048_299456244321247_3984136623235562227_n.jpg (1068x953, 146K)

DC heroes themselves are corny and outdated

They only made Man of Steel to keep the rights to Superman. Hired someone who was horribly wrong to Direct it, Ayn Rand worshipping closet homo Snyder, then saw how much money The Avengers made and rushed to get to that without doing the leg work.

If Wonder Woman, which I didn't like, Auqaman and Shazam had been the beginning of the DCU and they were about to introduce Superman and Batman in their own movies it would have turned out better.

Seriously, who the fuck cared about IRON MAN, THOR or CAPTAIN AMERICA before the MCU except for comic book fans?!?

DC shouldn't have leaned on their biggest names and started small. NOPE. Gotta rush to that Avengers money and make one fucking terrible decision after another.

Right now Aquaman>Shazam>Wonder Woman>>>>>>>>everything else. WB/DC should focus on single one off movies for a few years!!!FACT!!!

They rushed and haphazardly slapped shit together instead of planning things out. The Nolan Batman films made them arrogant while at the same time the foundations of the MCU were being built with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, etc.

While they made the craptastic Green Lantern, the MCU had Captain America. WB was playing catch-up and already lost the race.

It didn't have an anti-white liberal message like the others.

I know you were born yesterday, but nobody gave a shit about Captain America when it came out and it was received with a big meh. Thor was better received. Iron Man 2 was successful due to the first movie but the consensus was also meh.

>all dat padding

WB got cold feet and destroyed Snyder's pentalogy midway.

Attached: 1547787552613.jpg (1080x1155, 149K)

this

part of it
what is mcu
who is joss whedon

This, Snyder's version was a guaranteed billion +
A fleshed out story, development, better cgi and color filter, a memorable soundtrack.

Where the fuck does this image come from?

Fuck off, Joss.

Attached: 1547798693709.jpg (1436x1424, 377K)

>what is mcu

Marvel characters translating to live action and able to be modernized and thematically poignant with new generations?

Shazam barely broke even you clown

Capeshit is like Fast Food. Some chains appeal more to others.

Orphans are gay

Snyder's shirt.

Attached: Snyder-All-the-Gods.jpg (696x392, 54K)

Freddy isnt gay.

As someone who loves DC more than Marvel, and even at Marvel prefered X-Men to Avengers, I am dumbfounded how Avengers has done so much better in films.

Warners never had to deal with major players missing, like Spider-man films being so controlled by Sony. Warners could have assembled a line up for Justice League far easier than Marvel did theirs. Yet the heads of Warners are so clueless and inept, they turned Justice League into a disaster. How the fuck do you so badly screw up the meeting of some of the world's finest superheroes?!

Attached: 1378392939971.gif (320x240, 1.89M)

Nevermind, I checked, this is apparently a design made by Zach himself
jesus fucking Christ I hate freemasons

It's dogshit.

Attached: marvel.jpg (2048x2048, 715K)

RELEASE THE CUT
DCHADS RISE UP

Attached: 1549154203172.jpg (2000x1294, 319K)

or... maybe.. BOTH were ttotal garbage.

Whedon only found a way to make the garbage stink even more.

quipy one liners every 10 seconds within a fight scene. Feels like a live action reddit thread.
Yes black nick fury, modern.
WHAT ARE THOSE!?
It's gonna age so well,ain't it?

They will.

>Seriously, who the fuck cared about IRON MAN, THOR or CAPTAIN AMERICA before the MCU except for comic book fans?!?
He, I was a comic geek and even I mainly cared about Iron Man from the Marvel vs Capcom games. I was more about X-Mrn and they are their own trainwreck of a film series at Fox.

>Shazam family
>Not Shazamily

One fucking job.

It's not fucking fair lads, we could've had a half-decent trilogy

That’s the problem with Snyder’s movies.
They work better as single stills than a motion picture.

>The gritty aesthetic wasnt the problem retard

For Superman? It absolutely was

>Shazamily Blunt

It was a good movie and kids will be watching Shazam for years to come. It will be on the Hallmark Channel

Yeah? I’ll say whatever I want to your face, this is a country with freedom of speech, not freedom of assault. If you hit me, I’ll laugh in your face and then call the cops, charge you and then get a restraining order and laugh again as you hold back your tears while the cops cuff you and your life is ruined over being hyper sensitive. Your call, dumb fuck

>Shazfam

Couple things, some of which others have already pointed out.

1.) They rushed everything out and were playing catch up to Marvel. And even the dumbest normalfag could SEE that they were rushing everything out and playing catch up to Marvel.

2.) They were arrogant, assuming that their big name superheroes would be enough of a draw over actually entertaining movies. Meanwhile a movie starring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman got beat out by GUARDIANS OF THE FUCKING GALAXY, literal Z tier superheroes, who nobody had ever heard of.

3.) They wanted the success of the Nolan Batman movies without realizing what made them popular. They thought it was the darkness and grittiness so they kept that and threw away everything else.

4.) And I think this is crucial, they do not have a Kevin Feige. Someone who steers the whole behemoth along, who has a vision, who has read and enjoys comic books and knows how to pander to nerds and normalfags alike. Kevin's got big dick energy, whether you like Marvel or not, he is clearly a fan, he clearly reads comic books and the movies aren't being made by a committee of suits like DC's are. Kevin is probably the 2nd most powerful man in Disney, next to the CEO Bob Iger himself. And he's gone toe to toe with Bob and other execs a couple of times to defend his decisions and they have wisely let him run with it and it's paid off. DC wouldn't have let someone hire recovering drug addict Robert Downey Jr. Are you kidding? That fuck got kicked off Ally McBeal, how shit do you have to be to get kicked off a television show? DC wouldn't have taken a chance on a Z tier hero team like Guardians. They have Batman, Superman. DC just thinks they can steamroll themselves a Universe, when it's obvious they need some direction.

They started late and badly. Even if Justice League was a success they would still be late to the party.

>not "The Shazamily"
Missed opportunity.

you retards are missing the point at least pretend like you can read and are following the conversation jesus christ

Nothing can or will compete with the MCU until the next 'big thing' arrives. It was a mixture of the right time, place, and idea that captured peoples attentions.

Nothing actually went wrong with the DCEU. It's made plenty of money generally, and where it hasn't (JL and Shazam) they still haven't been actual flops. Considering how pretty much every other 'cinematic universe' has crashed and burned on arrival it's a success story even if they are going to fit in 2nd place financially for the forseeable future. But they are making money, and fans are getting more movies, so other than all serious attempts to talk about the DCU being derailed instantly by epic trolling and shitposting I'm pretty happy with the state of everything. As someone who enjoys both the MCU and DCU I could't be happier unless the MCU started to pull back on some of its virtue signalling and quipping. It's getting silly at this point.

Attached: 916gl7HGNaL.jpg (2560x1153, 636K)

I would excuse Marvel films for looking like that if they were at least shot on location and all that stuff was mostly practical
But they're not

More like Shazam Sentai

lots of people keep saying shazam was great but it was mediocre at best. nothing in it surprised me. the kid shazam actor didn't do it for me as well.

ok

>quipy one liners every 10 seconds within a fight scene. Feels like a live action reddit thread.

I agree with you there that they go overboard with quips, but most of the humor is good. Having action comedy isn't inherently bad.

>Yes black nick fury, modern.

From the Ultimate Universe

>WHAT ARE THOSE!?

a joke made by a teenage girl who lives in an isolated kingdom yet wants to be hip with the outside world?

>It's gonna age so well,ain't it?

the bad ones like Thor 2 have already aged poorly, and the good ones like Iron Man 1 and GotG1 will continue to cut through the noise.

Meanwhile all of Snyder's movies will be remembered as pieces of shit.

it could have worked. Gritty realistic is one thing. Gritty edgy putting a bullet in Jimmy Olsen just for shock value and subverting Superman's deeds is another.

>Meanwhile all of Snyder's movies will be remembered as pieces of shit.
Whatever, faggot.

Attached: 1547830959364.jpg (1100x1000, 202K)

possibly they are suits when it comes to writers, but you're referring to comics. Marvel is filled with sjw as writers, they even had a moslim trying to throw in his own messages in the comics. Can't imagine it getting more cucked than that.

Why is cyborg, the only black man, walking around naked?

true but that really doesn't matter now.
Can't imagine anyone truly excited for the next phase of the mcu. It's in it's literal blacked phase, and they have to go through with it.

if he’s naked, where’s his dick

not enough one liners, and not enough references to memes.
It was pure family kino, something disney hasn't accomplished with the mcu, which is odd, since they were known as the family brand

No Feige.

Attached: bavssu.png (1230x310, 53K)

Kevin Tsujihara

on his arm

>they have so much to introduce
Marveltards must be literal brainlets.

It wouldn't be a problem without fucking Doomsday and the entire Justice League cameo

stand outside a screening and you'll know it to be true
he's out the picture, they need a real Kevin incharge.

>only marveldrones were worried after watching the first BvS trailer

Attached: 1436650311363.png (464x595, 38K)

>not excited for fantastic 4, x-men, and galactus

Guys I love Shazam

Attached: Shazam chase.webm (870x360, 2.84M)

CHADZAM!!!

Inside the Flash

Not a fan of the Justice League cameo myself (at least not at the same spot) and I could've done without Wonder Woman too, but they don't take away from the movie.

This just makes Snyder's failure to deliver all the more disappointing.

I don't get why people shit on the VFX in Shazam so much. It looked okay for a 90m or something budget, specially compared to the absolute horrors of Justice League and Wonder Woman with much bigger budgets (specially Wonder Woman that wasn't reshot to death)

Attached: Wonder Woman (1997).webm (1280x530, 2.81M)

I legitimately thought the bottom pic was Power Rangers at first.

be honest who has ever been excited for fantastic 4
xmen without hugh jackman and with jennifer lawrence, no thanks.
They keep his original look and he'll look more homo sex than the hulk in endgame.

>Superman is not an interesting character
t.dummy

so?

Superman vs batman should have cost all of the executives some serious jail time. They totally ignored character development and rushed strait into
>batman lol rich guy
>superman lol strong guy
>flash is such a nerd xD
>literal who cyborg that everyone already forgot

This is like the Walmart brand boomer squad. It was never going to come close to marvel.

wb and the reshoots with hack whedon didn't deliver*

Which one is supposed to be better?

even rushing it it could have made 1 billion easily if not for the execution

>Snyder's failure to deliver
Brainlet opinion that won't hold up once the capeshit era is over.

Ask your ophthalmologist.

Uh, no. It was just not that good. Not a huge fan of the MCU's one-liner and sometimes cringey jokes either. I think they're the worst part of the whole franchise but as a capeshit movie, it's still a million times better than shitzam. As a family movie, even fucking Jingle All The Way or any christmas family movie is better. Everything felt forced and generic.

Why would you want a family movie in the MCU btw? Find a single comic book that's about family. Disney has its own separate studio for making family shit like Moana and shit like that.

>It will be on the Hallmark Channel

not exactly a channel kids watch

The Joker trailer has half the views of Endgame. And that's a stand-alone film.

It's like you didn't watch man of steel.
Superman is literally questioning his effect on the world, he's trying to do good, but the earth and modern media all have their trash opinions about him.
Not hard to get bruce either, you know he's been at this for years and has lost allies to death or have turned, it's all within the same movie.
Actions spoke louder than words, but you must have everything spoon fed to you.
Is every mcu fangay this much of a brainlet?

MCU will continue to be "the next big thing". There's so many different characters from across multiple genres they can adapt, and that's without even touching FF4 and X-Men.

>DC shouldn't have leaned on their biggest names and started small.

They tried.

Attached: Green_Lantern_Movie_Hal_Jordan_poster.jpg (340x503, 39K)

No.

and then WB/DC hired Joss Whedon

making them uber cucks

> didnt know the best way to watch a movie is to look at stills

are you a retard ?

DC should just give rights to disney and let the right guys adapt their shit. I still think that DC has the better source material. If the right guys work on it, it'll be a pretty good contrast to have in the capeshit genre. Though we'll be making disney richer but who cares.

>lol dude, let's introduce all non-human Green Lanterns in a single movie
>and while we're at it, let's make Parallax the villain but made of diarrhea instead of pure fear

Fuck off, brainlet.

You wish.

Having Snyder to start it off was the biggest mistake they made

you kept saying that at GotG, Dr Strange, AntMan, Black Panther, etc. etc.

Keep seething as they prove you wrong

Even the mouse knows it's over, hence why they called their latest dumpsterfire Endgame.

You're right but I still think that DC has better characters. I agree that the MCU is kicking DC's ass in the movies but I still think that DC if adapted correctly has better and more compelling stories and characters.

casting

All they had to do was rip-off Training Day, and set it in space. That's it.

was the shazam family in the movie or is this from a sequel in production?

yes, they're in the movie

The best way to fix people's views on the current Superman would be by making a movie where he understands his purpose as a beacon of light, encouraging him to be the happy, hopeful, boy scout Superman the public is familiar with. Snyder completely snubbed it by jumping straight into BvS and JL.

lmao nice bait

that's what justice league was gonna be, but we got Josstice league
in the movie, but hidden from marketing, which made the reveal kino

Marvel's flawed hero and more tightly defined shared universe lends itself better to the big screen.

DC characters all occupy their own niche. You really don't need Superman and Batman in a shared universe to work.

or how about not making Superman and Batman movies for a while and use some of their lesser known characters?

Wait and see, brainlet.

>What went wrong with the DCEU?

Attached: 1522853394147.webm (645x360, 1.88M)

>4.) And I think this is crucial, they do not have a Kevin Feige. Someone who steers the whole behemoth along, who has a vision, who has read and enjoys comic books and knows how to pander to nerds and normalfags alike. Kevin's got big dick energy, whether you like Marvel or not, he is clearly a fan, he clearly reads comic books and the movies aren't being made by a committee of suits like DC's are. Kevin is probably the 2nd most powerful man in Disney, next to the CEO Bob Iger himself. And he's gone toe to toe with Bob and other execs a couple of times to defend his decisions and they have wisely let him run with it and it's paid off. DC wouldn't have let someone hire recovering drug addict Robert Downey Jr. Are you kidding? That fuck got kicked off Ally McBeal, how shit do you have to be to get kicked off a television show? DC wouldn't have taken a chance on a Z tier hero team like Guardians. They have Batman, Superman. DC just thinks they can steamroll themselves a Universe, when it's obvious they need some direction.

100% correct!!!FACT!!!

Cavill anfd Affleck are the only white people in the Justice League, and nobody here bitched.

>Gross: $361,467,613
>Budget: $100 million
>No weebs shill
yep,still better than alita

Nah, should've went smaller. Should've went with The Flash first. He at least deals mostly with threats that aren't cosmic like Green Lantern does. Going with Green Lantern first would've been like going with Doctor Strange first. They deal with shit too alien and inhuman. The audience like to see heroes taking on more human threats, at least initially. They didn't bust out elritch beings at the start of the MCU like the DCU tried to.

As a business venture, yeah sure.

Exactly but it's still a pretty interesting concept especially if they cater to batfags. Seriously the amount of hype of a regular guy defeating a godly man will be through the roof. The only mistake they made with BvS is they made it about Supe. They even started the universe with his story but he's a bore even in the comics.

They just need to do it correctly - show batman's competence even if comical. Give him stark level intelligence and sherlock level sleuth skills and you got yourself a very entertaining movie.

2deep4u
It was meant to make it seem like he didn’t have control of his powers and was always on the brink of losing control

Does he really need to run? I mean if he slips into the speed force like you would a dimension wouldn't it not matter if he ran or not? He'd still be travelling in the same speed relative to other things in that dimension.

>t. magog from Kingdom Come

you too, faggot. Eternals and Shang-Chi are only the iceberg.

>but he's a bore even in the comics.

nah

>grimdark no fun
>costumes look like fake muscle the same way the x men went crap with theirs
Meanwhile marvel had actors who actually worked into shape - that’s why they killed off the one who let herself go

wow even teletubbies are capeshit now

I only knew iron man from Tony Hawk's underground

>look how edgy and deep my drawings are
i expect a 14yr old goth fag making this not a grown man

The problem with Batman and Supes in Batman and Supes is that the Supes introduced in Man of Supes occupies Batman's role. When making it (without plans for an expanded universe) all they wanted was Superman made relevant by giving it the gritty Nolan treatment, but moving forward from that it means he's not the paragon of virtue that he's meant to be to serve as the opposite to the personally flawed and morally peculiar Batman. If you want to see why Superman is paired against Batman, read "What's so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American way?"

Shazam was so dope. So fun and corny.

user gets it

edgy?
projecting much
the suits are fine. the only decent suit marvel has is black widow and thor. the rest are cgi or of no significance

I've never seen so much dumbness, lameness, and all around stupidity. Everything you said topped the last dumb shit you said. You should be banned for that shit. Terrible.

Made me laugh

They had a trained monkey edit it into a comedy so kids will buy more action figures.

>Make The Long Halloween as a trilogy and it'd be great
I hate and disagree with almost everything you said except making a Red Son movie. However, I want to pick up on this. This would fail massively. The Long Halloween might be some damn good Batman, it's one of my personal favorite stories, but it would bore modern movie goer to tears and they would be REEEEing that their kids were either bored by how slow-burn it is or scared by the atmosphere that is a vital part of its tone. It would be far better in a Titans/Doom Patrol/MarvelNetflix style tv show where they can take as many episodes as they need to and do it right, without people having paid for a ticket and overpriced food so they can watch Batman beat up bad guys, throw around cool gadgets and drive his cool vehicles.

Attached: 1554750139373.jpg (753x841, 158K)

too bad they are never going to make a good Batman tv show, especially now