Literally nothing was changed by the fact that Jon was a Targaryen

Literally nothing was changed by the fact that Jon was a Targaryen.

Attached: jon-snow-reg.jpg (2070x1380, 358K)

In like season 1 he kills a wight by throwing a lantern at it that he could do since he is immune to fire.

Why was it so important for him to come back to life?

Because the Lord of Shite deemed it so.

>drives a wedge between him and Dany causing the entirety of season 8
>nothing was changed

He rode a dragon in Winterfell Battle

apart from this enabling him to be the only one to get close enough to Dany to stop her conquering the world?

Exept he burned his hand.

Dany nuked the city

Imagine being this mentally challenged.

Good, Targs are faggots.

whoa... its almost like your blood doesn't predetermine your fate or something

reTargs is the politically correct terminology.

Exactly it was all set up from the beginning and made perfect sense.

Fuck, why didn't I see it sooner?

So Daenerys could burn King's Landing in a vast offering to the Lord of Light.

And accomplished fuck all

so then why did the lords choose Bran to be king, why didn't the common blood people get to vote?

It made daenerys paranoid as fuck you mongoloid, that got her killed

tell that to dany

John is the rightful king and as soon as the cripple dies he will assume his position.

>assume his position
Yeah, Tormund is gonna fuck him along with a bear.

>everyone waving goodbye to the unsullied
>are they gone?
>yeah, i think so
>let's just give it a little while longer
>alright, that was a little while. call jon back
>yeah, fuck those dune coons

he should get his dragon back and reconquer the seven kingdoms with his free folk army

he will

>the seven kingdoms
it's six now, the NORF is free

Soon to be four, there's no way the Iron Islands and Dorne are staying for long.

this, if there ever was a chance for those kingdoms to become independent it's now. The throne is probably the in the weakest state since before the Targaryen rule

The fuck are the iron islands going to do with no fleet?

throw water balloons

not after king Aegon burns winterfell to the ground

seriously why didn't everyone just declare independence on the spot along with the norf lmao, especially the iron islands, that part was beyond moronic

Why the fuck would the Unsullied even wage war against Westeros? Their leader is dead and the enemy they set out to destroy was crushed entirely. Who the fuck would they be fighting for?

swim fast while wearing dclaws

The right to party.

build more

Not that the show has ever made sense, but they exhausted their shitty islands tree supply when they built Euron's fleet.

This makes sense to me

So he could become King Beyond the Wall.

Don't they pillage as a point of cultural pride?

>Literally nothing was changed by the fact that Jon was a Targaryen.
"fine let it be fear"
Pushed Dany over the edge.
Sansa and her retarded fucking ass, sent thousands of people to the ovens.

WHY NOT ASK MY HORSE?

Attached: royce.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

uhhh
just turn your brain off goyim

yup, the king before balon tried to make the iron islands like the rest of westoros but when his son took over he went back to raping and raiding

And Bran could have prevented all of it.

Well they'll probably just steal more wood.

To kill Daenerys Targaryen

>what is the fantasy genre?
>why didn't they invent smartphones and flying cars? lol, losers
kys

but he didnt

oh so blood does indeed predetermine your fate then

i have made my point

>you now realize NK was an outcast just like Jon exiled to the land beyond the wall by the three eyed raven that just wanted to return home and get revenge on the 3ER

people decide that blood decides your fate. yes.

dany's fire resistance is a once time deal in the books, she only survives the fire when hatching dragon eggs because magic.

>Who the fuck would they be fighting for?
whoever they want

Yes and they ignored Aegon's claim to the throne, literally no point to that

To kill Dany. He was literally the only man in the world who could get close enough to do it.

he screamed at undead dragon

becuase he is the prince that was promised.
he will wield lightbringer against the great other and defeat the darkness.
there hasn't been a long night yet, it is just beginning, The 3YR is the evil that brings the darkness, the long night.
lightbringer is drogon.

We will find out in the prequal that the 3 eyed raven is the real baddy all along, the white walkers were created with the help of man to ensure the 3yr did not leave his cave again. all the clues are there.
The North forgot. they forgot who he is and why he was imprisoned in the lands of always winter,
they forgot they crated a night king and massive magic wall to keep the 3yr in not the to keep the white walkers out.

Christ you'd be a terrible writer

His being a Targaryen didn't mean jack-shit for this. He was closer to Dany before his lineage was revealed.

Everything was changed. Dany flipped out and trashed King's Landing all because he wouldn't give her the D. He killed millions.

without a ruler, the magnates of a kingdom/empire set the succession rules

Not gonna lie, former thrones watcher here. This is fucking hilarious watching D&D crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let these guys get the star wars scripts.

Did the writers ever explain why R'hllor was the only religion that seem to exist and perform miracles for their followers and non-followers alike?

Except for the fact that it made Dany so paranoid she became the mad queen, allowing Jon to kill her and end the reign of the Targaryens once and for all.

It was all R'hllor's plan.

that was the 3ER
he is the LOL

You're an idiot.

You said it yourself, their leader is dead. A leader that more or less liberated them. Grey Worm explained that he wanted justice for his Queen. They literally shoved it down your throat, how did you not get it?

>But in all seriousness we can't let these guys get the star wars scripts.
The force is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy.

All of them were pawns.
Bran was the only one playing the real game. The bitch knew everything. He knew Daenerys would go full mad queen and did nothing.

NK was the good guy all along.

Attached: hk8snj9mwez21.jpg (749x794, 68K)

Given that literally no one brought up the fact he was a Targaryen, it's very likely they didn't know.

Manlets need hope too

nope, nothing.
Why was he kept alive for like two weeks after Dany's death in the first place?
How the fuck did Greyworm know he killed her?
Did Greyworm rule as a King in KL for like two weeks before the council?
Who even called the council?

Contributed to Dany going fucking insane.

So what were the 50 or so unsullied that survived winterfell gonna do anyway?

All sub plots were pointless political intrigue was pointless. Houses were pointless, prophesies were pointless, magic powers were pointless, the long night turned out to be a slightly cloudy day.

get gay with each other

I can't blame Bran. If I was in his position, I would do the same.

yes, but if there is mixed living and zombie marriage, what kind of mix is the kid?

TARGS AREN'T IMMUNE TO BEING BURNED. WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE THINK THIS WHEN DANY'S BROTHER WAS BURNED TO DEATH ON SCREEN?

Needed a good cliff hanger for season 5

I like how low IQ subhumans keep saying this but if he wasn't a targ he never would have got to danny as the dragon wouldn't have let him pass. Also he would not have been able to ride the other dragon in the battle for the long night.

>wut wus jons purpos i dun gedit

fuck you're all so retarded

>he defeated Ice
>he defeated Fire

he's the only one who could unite the people against the white walkers in time, he's the only one in the world who was able to kill Dany at that point.

the dothraki certainly would have taken the message of dany's death well too.

he would have if D&D hadnt given the kill to arya. if Jon kills the NK and dany's envy triggers her descent into madness and he kills her, then the whole story comes together.

It helped to make Daenerys CRAAAAAAAZYYYY evil villain, literally hitler! Honestly, fuck D&D.

>Literally nothing was changed by the fact that Jon was a Targaryen.
Except for making his aunt lose her mind because he was the rightful heir.
Which is fine, unless you're one of the "Flaming Sword" faggots who fell for the prophecy red herring Martin threw into the story.

Jon didn't have to be the one to actually kill the NK, it's like Sam said, he was the one to lead the fight against the dead
He still was the prince who was promised

Yara would stick around. She's the most level headed of her family. She's be too busy trying to rebuild to think of rebelling.

what? the prince that was promised was irrelevant, what kind of shitshow are you guys watching?

>the Unsullied are going to Naath
They just need to wait a year and they can even make Jon into lord if they want.

Attached: 1551713917238.png (720x720, 947K)

I always laugh at the Princefags.

>evil villain, literally hitler!
Why did this even happen?
Because Cercei decapitated a literal who ex-translator who did nothing ever?
Because Jon didn't want to fuck his sister anymore?
Because Westeros people were afraid of a crazy lady flying around on a dragon?
None of those seem like a good reason for someone to snap and burn alive a city full of civilians.

It's almost, and stop me if I'm wrong about my own post, like that's exactly what I said.

Bran installed a mod that gave him Godmode, while everyone else was grinding rep.

yes it did. It was part of the reason Dany went Mad Queen. Don't get me wrong it was very poorly executed but still.

Nothing changed except Varys died.

he didnt do anything in ep 3 that would warrant the title war hero over anybody else. conversely, arya's deed was entirely glossed over in ep 4. but if jon was the NK killer, then it all makes sense and dany being driven by envy become plausible.

I hate this tv series and everything since s5 has been trash, but youre the typical sheep outrage subscriber.

Jon telling Danny about being a Targaryen poisoned her mind. Then when Varys found out, he tried to poison her BECAUSE HE THOUGH JON HAD A BETTER CLAIM AND TO BE A BETTER RULER.

Maybe pay attention.

not him but it does cause a lot of confusion when Dany is completely immune to fire for no discernible reason. I know it was a one time thing in the books that was fucked up in the show, but for some unknown reason in the show, Dany is immune to fire and we are never told why, so we assume it's something to do with being Targ

Star Wars is already fucked, they can't make it any worse

>being a scapegoat pawn who's rebirth and heritage amounted to nothing that everyone conveniently forgot about and being SENT to the wall because of a dickless nigger war criminal.
>but the real north bro
k

Attached: Punished Snow.png (759x802, 336K)

I havent read the books since DoD dropped, so I dont remember the details, but Im pretty sure its because shes a Targ.

in the books she was only immune to fire in the vary instance she got her dragons and it was some magical moment that was never explained

In the show it's just a random superpower that's never explained

I guess you can always explain it with "dragon magic" then.

This, he gets to sit around instead of having to use his legs to do things

none of it mattered bro

just like real life

So have the smirking assassin do it, and that dragon did fuck all

So abdicate. Oh wait, thats not possible because why?

Or he could, you know, just marry her because he loves her anyway.

Expectations SUbVerTeD!
t. Dabid

Sure, at one point Varys just says it's not possible because convoluted reasons

This is what people on here defend

His purpose in being a Targaryen and coming back to life was to have sex

She also took boiling water baths.

He wasn't coronated, you fucking sperg. He was a threat to her claim. This needs to be explained? Yes, it does, because you're a fucking spastic who was clapping like a waterhead expecting "muh sowowrd is on the fire, hurrrrrr."
The butthurt from you "prophecy" fags is almost as funny as the butthurt from women.

Low fantasy typically has gods that either don't care much for mortal affairs or are a complete mystery.
He probably just did it for the lulz.

but he can only see the past and present bub

He organised the North to fight the Walkers. If it weren't for him, they would have been unprepared.

The thing that made no sense is building him up as Azor Ahai, only to give the killshot to Arya.

So they spent 8 seasons building up the "prince that was promised" only to squander it all at the last minute.

You'll have to tell us what it's like sometime.

I'm grateful for this finale. Asking "What's your IQ?" is offensive but I can ask "What did you think of the last two seasons of Game of Thrones?" I'm going to ask that whenever I'm interested in dating someone or trying to make friends. If they say they liked it, I'm not going to pursue a relationship with that person. It's the perfect litmus test

Attached: daenerys-more-dragons-got-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

You don't need to be coronated to abdicate your royal station, retard. You're the one who keeps banging on about prophecies.

Not all of them can't be burned only some targs can't be burned. it's like the golden chocobo you dumb faggot.

The great houses are gonna have to form PACs instead of intermarrying now

Almost but not quite. That user knows something you don't

I suspect Bran was manipulating events since S5.

But it didn't. She died with her tongue in his mouth.

Based Greyjoy water balloon reaving squad

Id watch that

If the showrunners weren't in a mad rush for the door we might have got an actual reason. Fine idea bungled so badly.

Tyrion literally could have done it right before or after he threw down his pin. It even would have made more sense, he was expecting to die anyway.

yes just like nothing Bran did mattered
or what the white walkers did all these past seasons
or what varys saw in the flame
or what the red priests believed azor ahai to be and never showed up again after their Essos allegiance to Dany

l m a o

He can only see the past and present, but he saw visions of Drogon wrecking King's Landing and traveled South just to be elected king?

If Bran merely did nothing, Dany would be Queen, Jon would be king-consort, and King's Landing would not be a pile of rubble. But Bran fucked Jon over and then Jon bent the knee to him like a true bitch.

Becaue he chose to be a stark

Everyone second guessing all the storytelling when this is easily in contention for the top epic fantasy ever written. Suck it up you ungrateful pieces of shit.

For sure, the storytelling went down hill when each season didn't already have 500 pages of dense text behind each season. Of course the story was more tight when GRR Martins wrote it first as novels, with ability to know the thoughts and motivations of the first person characters, when the story began to be told first by show producers for video, many of the considerations of filming became a priority. This isnt a bad thing. How amazing was the cinematography and special effects and the sheer spectacle of the last several seasons and most of all this past one?

Tldr: stop bitching. This thing is an epic masterpiece and you couldn't write a 10 page short story worth 2 shits

Arya would have killed her no problem.

in that moment I was actually expecting him to use the pin to kill her. he'd just gotten back from seeing his dead siblings, it made sense in my mind.

I literally yelled at the tv to Tyrion to “Stab her dumbass”

Yeah, I’m that guy

Except him being a Targaryen undermined Daenerys' support structure by providing them with an alternative to her, causing them to betray her and ultimately spell her downfall.

...and if you want to see this masterfully completed in tight epic novel format, you can wait another 15 or so years with the rest of us.

If Beric was revived 7 or more times just to help Arya survive in hallways, surely the lord of light would revive Jon once so he can kill Daenarys and prevent her from nuking the world with her dragon.

Attached: kit harrington jon in sunglasses.jpg (670x767, 71K)

>You don't need to be coronated to abdicate your royal station
Yes, you do, literally, you fucking dummy.

That little pin is too unreliable to kill someone with, if he failed it would really complicate things.

> the white walkers were created with the help of man to ensure the 3yr did not leave his cave again.
Yet they can't even bothered to have a single white walker guard the cave at all times. Instead they're miles away.

They're going to Naath, here's the thing about Naath:
>A large species of butterfly on Naath is a carrier for a horrific disease that makes the flesh literally slough off of a man's bones, but the Naathi themselves are immune to it. For centuries, would-be foreign invaders would end up succumbing to the "butterfly fever", and the Naathi say none maintained a presence on the island for more than a single year.

He brought Dany and the Northmen together to defeat the Night King and then he killed Dany when she became a tyrant.

99% of the character development in the entire show changed nothing. We watched a story devolve into nothing. This is what happens when you let retards finish your story for you.

Fire isn't the same as molten metal

>How amazing was the cinematography and special effects and the sheer spectacle of the last several seasons and most of all this past one?
Not very amazing desu. The white walker battle looked terrible.

>you couldn't write a 10 page short story worth 2 shits
I have never attempted to write a novel but I'm positive I could do much better then D&D did. Of course, they have to work inside of the rules of production. They don't have unlimited options. They have a budget and a time limit. But some of the things they did were just plain bad. Not bad for a major media production, bad as in, you couldn't pass a community college creative writing class for senior citizens with this crap.

Jon was brought back to life because Melisandre was desperate for a new savior after losing Stannis. After constructing her entire life around prophecy and destiny, she couldn't bear to deal with the reality that maybe there wasn't all that much to the prophecy to begin with, so she decided that if Stannis wasn't the guy, maybe it was Jon Snow. It turns out he wasn't the guy, and there never was a guy to begin with, but Jon and Melisandre help each other find peace by working towards the common good and they are both instrumental in saving the world.

But no WRITING BAD because he didn't get a flaming sword and have a lightsaber duel with the Nightking

north is weak as fuck right now and probably hunkered down in the castles, their woods are vulnerable

She does magic many many times. Many characters had visions in the fire. Multiple people can resurrect the dead using this god's power and you are saying:
"Oh well, I guess it was all just a coincidence, funny how life works out huh?"

uh dun wane

Magic exists, but they literally make it a point that all Melisandre sees in the flames, which are open to interpretation.

Prophecy exists in this series to be misinterpreted (Melisandre) or to be self-fulfilled (Cersei). The literal truth of them is never something the series was interested in, only how prophecy influences the people who hear them.

But oh yeah you read about AZOR AHAI on the wiki so it MUST be the MOST IMPORTANT part of the story

Someone had to yell at Viserion

Attached: autistic screeching.jpg (1666x1154, 201K)

>arya is set up as this super assassin
>gets back to westeros after her epic training
>kills the freys
>does fuck all after
she killed the night king but that had fuck all to do with her faceless man powers
the way she kept asking people about the wights
how they moved, how they smelled, how they act
i kept full expecting her to dress up as a wight and shank the others
i mean what was the point of all that assassin training if she's only going to use it the one time?

him being a targ just showed him what his "father" was willing to lie about. This information meant more to jon, that his life was spared and had to live a lie. It taught jon that he could kill dany, watch the dragon fly away with her body and he could lie about wha-

oh wait he fucking tells the truth off camera, doesnt he? Fucking a....

WHAT? Did I imagine them being together before either of them knew he was a Targ?

It would've made more sense if Jon just went north as a form of penance for killing her.

I don't care that didn't use the azor ahai stuff, but you can't tell me they wrote a satisfying ending. People have completely misunderstood this concept of 'subverting expectations'. It doesn't mean that you can just throw out storylines, make characters flip on a dime, and ignore major plot points just because you want to do something different. You need to wrap that shit up in an appropriate way. They took the show from a well thought out story with flawed characters and interesting mysteries, and turned it into a jumbled mess where nothing makes sense, it's all just random nonsense.

Aren't the Dothraki known for just raiding the hell out of everywhere? That's without their queen being murdered.

what is 3YR?

She burned all the other khaleesis and stood in there as it happened.

The best we can make of it is that fire god was opposed to ice men, and their ice god, or something.

Too old

I'm pretty sure they even specifically mention a Targ being burned alive in the show.

>Your coronation, Sansa. You were beautiful.

Attached: GOTTTT.jpg (512x380, 29K)

>NK survives Dragon Fire
>He's a secret Targ

yeah you really got to get them sooner by three they'll already be half through through college
please tell me what 3YR is

Attached: 1523916066550.jpg (481x354, 27K)

>Arya
>Spends 6 seasons becoming magic assassin warrior
>Shit, what's she gonna do with her ability?
>Um, cause some tension with Sansa/Littlefinger, and...
They had to give her the NK kill or she was pointless.

They both die from burning to death why would it matter the source of the heat?

But surely in the books Jon will kill Dany, THEN be Azor against the WWs?

death really, really has no meaning
So in a way, endings in any series don't have to be meaningful

Sansa's fault.

Jon has no fire powers
He clearly suffers the fire the blue dragon was throwing at him in the third episode

He meant the 3 eyed raven, but typoed, it's in the same fucking sentence.

it made Jon-Dany more spicey

>clearly suffers
It didn't touch him. It was psychological

>cinematography
>of the long, DARK night

He thought he was dead anyway.

Wasn't the reason these hacks got the gig of writing this shitshow because they correctly guessed who Jon's mother was and told GRRM before it was written? How can people be so creatively bankrupt over an idea that THEY came up with?

you seem to forget that the Dany bois were
a) horsefucker raiders
b) no-ball assasins
Did you expect them to just sent out CV's to the lords of Westeros?
>26 yo
>entire life of training in warfare
>gardening as a hobby, but could also be a baker

no books no point of anything they showed us

to add to that, I'm not saying they did well
It's like the show wanted to show everyone just moving on to the next thing, and had a complete disregard for thousands of people whose struggle at one point we saw and cheered for
But after greyworm didn't have more pussy to lick, apparently everyone decided it was a good idea to keep wasting their lives following him

>psychological
precisely
he knows fire burns

Tell me, how did you learn that fire hurts?

Haha, yeah, all he had to do was say 'She left on Drogon, I don't think she's coming back'. This was technically true, even.

You need ships to go steal wood to build more ships, retard. And the North is still stronger than the Iron Islands.

When I touch it
He didn't

Yara still has ships retard. We literally see on a ship and a couple more when Theon tells her he's gonna go to Winterfell to fight for the Starks after he rescues her.

North needed the Vale and Wildlings and to train all the women and children above and below a certain age just to have fewer than 10,000 fighting people as Jon and Davos said in season 7. They're ridiculously weak right now, and it's just trees anyway.

you dense retard

a) He was a 30yo man, I'm pretty fucking certain he encountered fire before. If he were inmune to heat damage he wouldn't have that aversion to fire to begin with. He was very clearly not acting like someone immune to fire. I don't think you can live your entire life without realizing that you can touch fire unhurt.
b) Regardless of that, you've clearly never been next to a big fire. stuff burning radiates heat just as it radiates light. If you stood meters away from a forest fire you'd feel your face burning. Barely scaping from dragon fire probably doesn't feel like a day on the beach. You can still feel the heat from a distance, and you can pretty much imagine what it'd feel like to touch it.

>literally nothing was changed by the fact that Jon was a warg

the whole series is shit. its almost like someone finished a story that was started by someone else.. hmmmmmmmmmm

She was going to kill him eventually.

>absolutely everything needs to be neatly tied up with a bow.

>biggest secret of the entire saga
>series is literally named after him
>the point of a story is how it ends
2/10 for making me reply to your tardism

Attached: 1509245884775.jpg (326x311, 44K)

She literally comments on the fact 5 seconds after it happens

> He wasn't a dragon, fire cannot kill a dragon

Fuck you

>the point of a story is how it ends
????????????????

> Lord of light would revive Jon so he can kill Daenerys and prevent her from nuking the world with her dragon.

There's nothing he'd love more. His whole agenda is to burn people, death by fire is the purest salvation, the LoL followers constantly praise Drogon for being fire made flesh. Him ressurecting Jon to kill Dany is even dumber than what D&D wrote,.

what is the confusion? a story is told to convey a message. the ending is how the message is brought together and communicated.
dunno what species you are but humans have been doing this for eons

Journey, not the destination, retard

I don't know why you'd get invested in television show stories and plots if you only care about how it ends

>LoL wanted Dany dead

Are you guys retarded? The Lord of Light would love Dany for burning everyone. That's all he wants in the show - the main Red Priestess even says as much, that the LoL loves Dany.

This is the only thing that makes sense

Fucking up the ending ruins the whole story

Doesn't match at all, because the wall was built long before any 3 eyed raven.

How? Fucking up the ending sucks, but it doesn't soil everything that came before it.
Season 8 isn't great, and it ended pretty meh, but that doesn't suddenly mean 1-4 are shit, it was some of the best shit seen on TV

>what is a greenseer

If he stayed dead Dany would have no reason to become mad.

It's heavily implied he's going to become a new Night King and march south to be the shield that guards the realms of men when they need him again, only by the time that happens they'll already forget about him and just assume the WWs are back again and try to kill him.

All the characters arcs are trashed

You are an absolute retard. Beric said the enemy is death. Dying by fire is still death.

Not him but I invested years of my life to this story and I was expecting at least a serviceable payoff. Instead characters arcs got completely fucked, plot threads were dropped or introduced for no reason, and I got a poor soap opera for a last season

While I don't think that means it's not ALL shit, it still kind of sours the whole experience.

retard

Implied how? Don't assume some hole left by D&D is a hint.

Welcome to literally every good tv show.

They hook you early on for viewership and then stop trying.

Nice trips

RIP sir Jaime

Attached: 1530459510442.jpg (950x534, 98K)

I still don't understand why Jon wasn't made king?

Like...was it not supposed to be between him and Dany?

And then he killed Dany...so?

Can someone help me understand why Bran got to be king? I honestly don't fuckin get it.

Meh, I wasn't butthurt with Breaking Bads ending. While I think the Nazis were probably the weakest thing about it they didn't completely fuck everything.

But yeah, it's why I don't like getting into TV shows, a lot of times they fall apart. It's just too much time investment and care for a product you almost know is going to go to hell. I really should just stick to movies only but I keep falling for their jewish tricks

That knowledge made her paranoid and insecure that Jon would stab her in the back for his legit claim to the throne. And she knew that he told the Starks and that Sansa told Tyrion who told Varys. Instead she gets stabbed in the front. She should have noticed that Jon didn’t approve of her methods.

But I kinda wish he ended up on the throne as Aegon. But I guess fucking wildling pussy for the rest of your life as their leader is a good life.

t. nigger

I hear you. Im conflicted a bit about D&D getting their own trilogy of Star Wars movies. Disney Star Wars is a bit of a toss up. D&D handled GOT pretty well in the beginning but what guarantee do I have they won't just take a shit on it at the end?

>let's go raid the north with a few ships and steal wood!
You're a moron, kys for making excuses for this piece of shit show.

They aren't adapting a story, so of course they're going to fuck it up. Star Plebs will love it though.

i feel like d&d just wanted to sabotage the show because they resented being trapped in it for 8 years and wanted to fuck off to do star wars.

Other than the seeds of doubt and division that caused Dany's advisors to betray her and her own distrust of Jon? Wtf is this dumb take, all the retards think they can chip in with criticism

well if its anything like the other disney star wars films it'll end up on netflix a couple months after release.

>He was literally the only man in the world who could get close enough to do it.
Nope. Arya super assassin could have done it. Anyone talking to Dany indoors could have done it. Tyrion, Varys, or any of the other snakes around her could have done it.

This

I get his point though. If things end in a shit way, then the build up and journey to it can be rendered pointless. It's like getting a blowjob and then the chick bits your dick and tears it off

why the fuck did john even need to get exiled after the unsullied got on their boats and fucked off? he was still the rightful heir and those dickless dudes had no leverage once they let him go.

You faggots really mad that Jon was sent to the wall? What the fuck else did you think he was gonna do? Suddenly force himself to be the miserable king when he said I DUN WAN ET NEVA AV about a hundred times? This bitch only ever wanted to have a zero responsibility life with the wildlings. It's hardly a punishment. He would have been an awful king who is always getting stabbed in the back or doing the stabbing himself.

why the fuck is the nights watch still around?

dude winter is coming

Also, don't discount Martin throwing in red herrings into the story. Clearly, he didn't want to spoonfeed readers with explainations of how everything works, like the wizards Dany meets early, or the face stealing Arya is into. I hate when authors necksplain everything - leave stuff to imagination. It's magic.

But Jon got what he really wanted all along which was to be with the Wildlings as the King Beyond the Wall.

Think about it: There's no Knight's Watch left and all the Wildlings were waiting for him to lead them farther North, back to their ancestral homelands.

>why the fuck is the nights watch still around?
There's no real point to it anymore, so it's just a decent excuse to settle the lands beyond the wall.

huh

>hitler
I warged into her past and can confirm she was the person behind the destruction of Dresden and the 3rd temple.

Attached: 1535416407850.jpg (1920x978, 61K)

Because the threat is still there. The Night King is a TV show invention, Martin never referenced him once in the book, only that the planet the books are set on have long periods of summer and winter, and every couple thousand years or so, wights come down from the North. There were more Winters without walkers, than there were with them, which is why at the beginning of the series everyone considered them legends, and why Castle Black is the last working keep on the Wall.
Why wouldn't the Black exist now, now that they know they're not legends? And they now know things like giants exist, because they showed up with the Night King. Clearly, they need to get all of the castles along the wall up and running, and the broken part of the wall repaired. Jon fucking off into the north doesn't change that there's still a threat to the north, from multiple sources.

Why would it? He considers himself a Stark. Targaryens are a shit dynasty of foreign invaders, why would he want their claim, or their crown? If I was Jon, I'd rule as King in the North and never ever reveal that fucking Aegon shit.

>taking the source material more seriously than the actual show runners
>defending some made up contrivances that only worked to force bad writing
stockholm syndrome is a bitch bud

Being angry at fiction is dumb. But here you are...

au contraire
I'd only be angry if this was heralded as good tv but since everyone is collectively shitting on it I couldn't give less of a shit