Your favourite movie is trash, my dad is the best poet in the world and burning cows is acceptable

Your favourite movie is trash, my dad is the best poet in the world and burning cows is acceptable

Attached: efee666d454c24cba2f63d2bf457f45b.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_vi67SHU4E&t
youtube.com/watch?v=nt8E61nb1mI
youtube.com/watch?v=A0f4ViMOI4w&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STOP BEING HAPPY

>I can’t stand mirth. Cheerful people seem guilty to me, because they can’t comprehend the mournful value of existence. I accept happiness only in children and the elderly, with all others I am intolerant.

Why are his movies so highly regarded?
I only saw STALKER out of curiosity, but it's just philosophical nonsense for 3 hours.

What should i watch to change my mind?

watch Solaris so you would know Stalker isn't his worst movie

Stalker was done on negative soviet budget with soviet thought police art commissions trying to fuck Tarkovsky constantly, the fact that it exists at all and manages to be meaningful is a miracle on itself.

andrej rublev

there's literally nothing about Tarkovskys films that are philosophical. Only low IQ pseuds think that's what philosophy is.

Based.
What are some kinos where cows get btfo?
>andrei rublev
>apocalypse now
>touki bouki
>viva la muerte

O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?
>Oh George, not the livestock...

Attached: 1547449980239.gif (250x106, 306K)

If you don't like that brand of cynicism then I guess you never heard of Phillipp Mainlander.

Funnybthing about that movie is that it burned. The film you watched was made as a joke with no budget. Look it up.

Even Tarkovsky thinks of Solaris as his worst movie.

thats actually my favorite kino to fall asleep to

>there's literally nothing about Tarkovskys films that are philosophical
t. attention-seeking zoomer

Essential /napcore/

Attached: 1482163415089.jpg (850x400, 113K)

The soundtrack is so peaceful.
youtube.com/watch?v=M_vi67SHU4E&t

If Tarkovsky were alive today, he would be shit posting on this board.

Attached: 1482481117650.jpg (1104x1252, 564K)

don't confuse a namedrop as him trying to make the film philosophical you fucking inbred dolt

iirc they killed a real cow in "Come and See"
(forgot the native title)

Your claim was that none of his movies are philosophical, which is the one thing they're known for (and which they are) you contrarian faggot

The cow didn't actually get burned.
>For the scene where the cow is on fire, it was covered in an asbestos coat that protected it from actually being burned. But for the scene where the horse falls down the stairs, it was shot in the neck by director Andrei Tarkovsky. The crew acquired the horse from a slaughterhouse where it was going to be shot the next day.

yeah because retards(like you) who don't know anything of philosophy think that's what philosophy is about.

Can you actually give reason for why it isn't philosophical?

spiritual is the word you are looking for

My spirit felt so liberated when when MIRROR finally ended. My only regret is I didn't leave earlier.

this The two are connected in many ways BUT his focus wasn't philosophy in the intellectual sense but in the emotional, human and spiritual

Better to recognize the mournful value of existence and laugh in its face

t. kubrickboo

Twister

Can you give a reason for why it isn't spiritual?

But seriously I agree with that. The main themes of Stalker mainly deal with faith and belief. The bible gets quoted back to back in one scene and Stalker lays in bed at the end of the movie pissed of about how nobody has faith or believes in anything anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=nt8E61nb1mI

youtube.com/watch?v=A0f4ViMOI4w&t

>Can you give a reason for why it isn't spiritual?
I meant to say that they actually are spiritual instead of philosophical

Just being sarcastic. That'at why my next sentence was "But seriously I agree with that.".

Im emberassed

it's philosophical substance for 3 hours, fucking pleb

he is so based