Now that the dust has FINALLY settled: which franchise has a smaller cultural impact ?

Now that the dust has FINALLY settled: which franchise has a smaller cultural impact ?

Attached: IMG_2411.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

NuStar Wars

Who cares? Both are shit.

Harry Potter is the only book that millenials have read to make the "dumpfffttpet is LITTELLY VOLSEMURT" "memes", so.

True. I remember everyone being super into Harry Potter but that was mostly from the books.
Marvel can barely move any product know and forces stores to accept over shipments

Capeshit Part 643 will be forgotten just as quickly as the last 642 parts were

Like it or not, Potter was Luke Skywalker for a whole generation of millennials.

The only thing more dangerous than Thanos's snap is the risk of dying of boredom while watching the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1485284441230.jpg (1300x2345, 964K)

People grew with Harry Potter
People wanted to see Iron Man kick Thanos's ass

>tfw went to private Christian school and they outlawed hairy shitter
Pretty based, in retrospect.

marvel
will only be known for memes

Sneed

Unironically, MCU.
Liking HP is socially acceptable, but liking MCU not.

not even good based memes
just reddit- tier memes

Snap
And
"I'm putting together a team" are the only MCU memes I can think of

10 years from now, people will probably have nostalgia for Infinity War. No one is even going to give a fuck about the Star Wars sequel trilogy

Turns out Christians had rules for a reason.

Do people have nostalgia for anything phase 1 or 2 besides the first iron man movie ?

nope mcu is a crapfest. best one was movie was made by not disney

this is bait

The first Avengers movie. Other than that, no.

Harry Potter is literally the guideline for young liberals these days and completely infested their minds with a black/white mentality.
Anyone who opposes their views is literally Voldemort and J.K Rowling supports this mindset so yeah from a cultural standpoint Marvel has a smaller impact.

It's better for the memes and appeals to children so who knows maybe in 10-15 years things will be different.