This movie is going to be ruined by Marvel-tier humor

This movie is going to be ruined by Marvel-tier humor.
youtu.be/oxHwNNIHGi4

Attached: Godzilla-King-of-the-Monsters-Russian-poster.jpg (1455x2048, 343K)

That's what they like. Kong had it too.

It's going to be ruined by Millie Bobbie Blacked

Why does Yea Forums dislike her so much?
What did she do to you?

Don’t care. Just want to see my boy teaming up with people to kill the king

Just have sex

Attached: 2285D9A2-722A-47A1-8562-98A46EA5D83C.jpg (249x249, 41K)

Stranger Things goblin and commercial jew will account for a good 99% of all the human cringe

I need to rewatch Kong, but I don't remember there being cringey one-liners about "King Kong" sounding like "Big Dong" or anything equally stupid. I'm not even opposed to Godzilla movies having humor. King Kong vs Godzilla was basically a comedy due to the absurdity of the entire plot. However, having the human characters cracking jokes or being sassy while there are giant monsters destroying the world right in front of them is just unfunny, and ruins the immersion.
Nice get, and I personally hope King Ghidorah doesn't die so they can keep this franchise going. He should fuck off into space at the end, but return with Gigan or some other allies in a future movie.

Attached: 200.gif (471x200, 2.21M)

Pre-GotG MCU humor was unironically good.

LADS!
10 MORE DAYS!!!

Attached: 78505486-06D9-48D6-854C-83C78286F1DA.gif (476x200, 1.66M)

Idk why we can’t have something in between a faggoty Marvel quipfest and the dry boringness of Godzilla 2014. It’s like they think it has to be one or the other, and it’s likely always going to be the former.

based laughing rodan poster

Invasion of Astro-Monster, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, and Godzilla 2000 were also incredibly corny, but the dramatic scenes and action scenes were never interrupted by humor. The comedy was never something like the characters making self-aware cracks about the situation at hand.

Hating decent actresses and child actors is popular here because 90% of the posters are virgins and/or pedophiles hiding their true feelings.

Lucky you. We have to wait until second week of June. Hold the seat warm for us.

Any ill-timed quips from the human characters is going to kill the suspension of disbelief.

While I'm totally in agreement on shitty quips being able to ruin a good movie, I'm getting the vibe that either those are there for the trailer specifically or that they're gonna be placed in a better context in the movie.

Krampus (Dougherty's previous film) was pretty self-aware and had characters quipping about their situation, but it never came at the expense of Krampus or any of his henchmen. It's silly, but it has menace to it.

I'd say the same about Trick 'r Treat but I haven't seen that in a minute so I don't remember if it holds up.

>I'd say the same about Trick 'r Treat but I haven't seen that in a minute so I don't remember if it holds up.
It's exactly the same. When horror starts happening, jokes are over.

"Oh my god"
"-Zillaaaaaaa"

In Kong most jokes are passing pretty quickly and they are never a focus really. They have gallows humor vibe too, so it all actually works towards the atmosphere.

That's clearly spliced for the trailer from several different scenes. I don't get why people think that will be in the movie.

>giving a shit about what the humans do in a Godzilla film

Godzilla vs Biollante is one of my favorite movies and human characters do goofy shit throughout the whole movie. Sometimes it only heightens the experience.

based

I don't care I just wanna see this with modern hollywood sfx

Attached: Godzilla-Mothra-Ghidorah-Rodan.jpg (2000x1042, 71K)

who cares?
who's going to see this for the dialog?

>HURR LEVITY BAD
>MUST BE GRIMDARK
>NO FUN ALLOWED
My guy, it's giant monsters fighting. It's impossible to take seriously by concept alone. Even when the old Toei movies played it straight, it was still goofy as fuck.

Triple dubs confirm

you can have fun at a silly monster movie without obnoxious quipping, the old silly enjoyable creature features didn't have that and were far more enjoyable for it

modern audiences and studios are fucking shit

Attached: 1392526944567.jpg (500x500, 37K)

To be fair the original japanese godzilla movies featured slapstick and was literally catered to japanese children.

Based obvious retard poster

>projecting this much
Uh no, tell me a female role that actually “moved” you

Attached: E5932631-EF3D-4015-A1AC-E8BBD7BC93A5.jpg (900x1200, 129K)

>but I haven't seen that in a minute
literally kys nigger

It's a long and complicated story with this one. But Godzilla for kids is in the movies from 1969 to 1975 I guess even though the last one is pretty dark. Before it only had elements that Honda hated and afterwards movies would get more serious or more crazy but they were always standard sci fi for general audience.

Side note, I'm really happy that horror directors are being let loose on big budget projects and actually doing them well. It's not unlike how a couple years back every studio was plucking Indie directors from obscurity, like Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Which, Kong's a lot more fun than I initially gave it credit for) and Colin "Book Of Henry" Trevorrow.

Codzilla 2? Woof.