NOOOOOO
PLEASE GOD NO
NO PLEASE
NO
NO PLEASE GOD NO
NOOOO
PLEASE GOD
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-123027~2.png (1303x250, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haaretz.com/1.5049164
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Well, it tried

>Hasn't even caught up before adjusting for inflation

Mousecucks on suicide watch

looks like it's not gonna happen, china is pulling it 1 month earlier than it could have too

I can't believe it's actually happening

The absolute state of modern cinema

>year 2009
>when ticket sales were like £2.50

>year 2019
>when atleast the cheapest possible ticket is like £8.50
>lots of tickets cost like £22.50

>thinking these two totals are even comparable

Attached: 155699450138.jpg (398x376, 40K)

it didn't get extension because of the trade war between china and the us
but not like extensions do anything. Infinity war made 6 million

Not to mention Titanic with inflation is like 4 billion $.

They are somewhat. Exchange rates are fucking endgame pretty bad in some countries. In Brazil for example if it had the same XR as in 2009 it would've made 200 million instead of the current 80 million

>10 years
>over 20 movies
>can't beat space Pocahontas UNADJUSTED

Attached: 1519464687519.jpg (1446x2048, 1.19M)

Its gonna be a hard week for soŷboys

Attached: 1558282410840.jpg (1200x600, 161K)

How about they give you the number of ticket sold instead of the number of dollaridoos they make ?

2-3 more weekends should do it.

OH YES YES YES

only few countries provide the amount of tickets sold. so you'll basically never know which movie sold more tickets worldwide

It'll be close.

Oh yes those 20 million dollar weeknds will surley help LMAO

Not if it keeps having 50+% week to week drops, especially with a new blockbuster releasing every weekend
Also its getting pulled from china so there goes the overseas market

Who the fuck even likes avatar other than numales and women?

even with accurate information worldwide, all you'd see is a ceaseless decline in tickets sold. People have more entertainment options now. It's like radio, it has nowhere the same audience anymore. TV ratings have also been in decline for years (though it's still popular but fragmented).

Basically it's a depressing metric to track and ultimately not what Hollywood cares about anyways - they care about the money

Imagine Jim right now.

Attached: 1416002600728b.gif (400x316, 659K)

>inflation cam fag still posting his meme instantly in all these threads

COPE

It has made 1.2 billion overseas so far without China. Overseas isn't just China you know.

Uhh yeah it would
>$20m per weekend
>Only $130m from becoming number one

They only need a few weeks to pass dumbass

>culmination of 22 year build up won't beat a 10 year old movie from a brand new IP
That's a yikes from me buddy
>infinity war won zero oscars
HAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD MY SIDES OH NO NO NO

It if beats Avatar, it will take more than 2 months to do so, so why even bother shitposting it right now

It won't be showing in theatres in 2 months

your mother

Of course not, but it's projected to have made ~50 million this weekend and it's going to drop 50%+ next weekend too, where do you think those money are going to come from?
It's already sub-rank 1 in most if not all countries

I rewatched it last night for the first time in years and was surprised by how great it is.

it made 77 million this weekend, so no it hasn't gone down to 20 million yet.

Its absolutely comparably.
People in 2009 paid very little for a ticket, they probably cared very little about seeing it. If the ticket was $22 they would not have seen it.
In 2019 we have people paying $22 to see End Game a single time because they think its worth it.

I only needs 172 more million retards its an easy win

Completely cancelled out by the movie market growth in these countries. China alone has like twice the theaters now than it had in 2009. Pretty fucking embarrassing if you ask me

Don't forget Avatar had that 3D inflation, those tickets were as expensive as regular screenings today

It won't be easy, it will be close enough that they'll have to recount
These numbers are always freaky. You look at Infinity War Numbers and at some week the box office in China was 366 million but then it went down to 359 million in later weeks. All bullshit.

>it only needs 2.5 times what it made this weekend worldwide with a 50% week to week drop and overseas markets pulling it
Yeah, nah

Theaters are also dying because it's way more convenient to stream movies now. Plus very few require a massive screen to enjoy.

LMAO

How the fuck did Avatar bring in so much? Surely these numbers must have been falsified.

That's because the exchange rate changed and box office mojo counts using the exchange rate at the end of the movie's run rather the one during the movie's run. Nothing is recounted.

Yes it will.
Captain Marvel is still in theaters. Diseny runs there movies for an eternity

>2009
>tickets only 2.50
fucking zoomers

If you weren't an adult when avatar came out, you literally wouldn't remember
People were freaking out about it more than they do about endgame, it had objectively great 3D that everyone thought was worth a watch even if 3D tickets were fuckexpensive and the dollar was fucking weak back then boosting the overseas market

she's a woman
you're a numale

My point stands.

1)Avatar ran for 6 months so you can't count the full run, you should compare it to the same amount of time Endgame has been out
2)Avatar ticket prices were inflated because it was 3D-only.
3)Those two combined is why it made as much as it did. A non-3D movie that's been out not even half as long making more domestically is impressive. Even if you adjust for inflation.
4)COPE, SEETHING, and other non sequitur just prove me right

nope
it went to something else on another week, then down again, but not on the end of the run

>Avatar ticket prices were inflated because it was 3D-only.
marvelfags literally lying to save face

if they paid very little then that means like 10x as many saw it right? so even if endgame makes more, tickets sold will still be overwhelmingly avatar

AAAAAHHHHH SAVE ME CHINA

Attached: Avatar in China was so popular it got banned.jpg (888x257, 64K)

Charging almost double for a ticket has no influence on the overall box office numbers? Okay then let's just go a head and multiply Endgame's BO by 1.5 then. Don't say no because that would be saving face.

>Avatar ran for 6 months so you can't count the full run, you should compare it to the same amount of time Endgame has been out
Do Disney shills believe people are stupid enough to not see through this fallacy?

>The report said the government feared the revolt by the indigenous Na'vi population shown in the film would ignite the Chinese people's imagination to instigate a similar popular revolt.

haaretz.com/1.5049164

show me these cinemas who charges 22 for a ticket

It wasn't 3D only, lying faggot

I guess my buying whole rows of tickets and seeing the movie like 9 times is working.
Nice

Attached: 1512150858995.jpg (446x446, 53K)

Because that number doesn't fucking matter.

exactly, visually it was stunning but god was it so fucking boring to watch with a lame ass story

Attached: avatar reddit.jpg (938x630, 588K)

nah it was genuinely fucking boring and you know it.

Didn't even need inflation to remain the king.

Attached: 140923-james-cameron-cover-arp-1215p_2bd4b7916e3fdd582f832caf237fe521.jpg (2500x1889, 518K)

it beat it on ticket sales already

no it didn't, the ticket sales is only for domestic box office, which is also past Avatar in dollars anyway

Only numale reddit soiboys don't like James Cameron movies. You just exposed yourself

>finally creeps past Avatar
>forgets to correct for inflation
GG - NO RE

W-WELL D-D-DISNEY OWNS FOX NOW TOO SO IT STILL WINS

you had a good run kid, but the fact that it came for 3D first in the world won't make up for the shitty writing and horrible actor performance

yeah because capeshit isn't the single biggest soiboy hobby or anything

DCucks falseflaggin

Don't worry, guys. Avatar 2 will beat this mouse shit.

fuck the avengers

Attached: oh no.jpg (434x341, 73K)

spotted the numales.

are you talking about endgame?

>if you think one movie is for numales then you must think capeshit isn't
Explain how you came to this conclusion.
Ugly faggot.

when you google highest grossing movies the list is always not adjusted. so for most people endgame will be the highest. just like avatar is currently the highest for most people even though its technically gone with the wind.

fuck Avatar by that logic as well

pretty impressive actually considering how easy it is to watch movies outside of the theater nowadays.

Good, Gone With The Wind bros run this shit.

How exactly did they calculate inflation and exchange rates for all countries? Especially in those older movies?
Pretty dodgy list. The only inflation adjusted list that has some merit is the domestic one

here in Europe regular tickets are now like 7€ and they used to be 3€ (adjusted for inflation)

it is not even comparable
fuck all people have seen Endgame while almost everyone saw Avatar

>when ticket sales were like £2.50

You're a fucking retard and should feel bad.
They cost the same as they do now. They've not been near that price since the 90's

Nigger

Avatar wasn't close to being the first 3D movie
Not even by a decade at that
It wasn't even the first nu-3D

>it tried
GWTW is the highest grossing movie of all time. AFI it has made $3.3 bil. Does this sound familiar? Whenever people bring up big summer movies that make a ton of cash there is always someone who throws this out there and to them, I say; that's awesome, but let's put that into context. All $ from here on out has AFI.

GWTW was released in 39 and its initial run lasted until 43. It made 221 mil its first year in limited release and then 285 mil over its next 3 years in general release to bring its initial 4-year total to 506 mil globally. Combining those 4 years it sold 60 mil tickets. So over 4 years it sold 60 mil tickets and made $506 mil in the US. Compare that to IM3 that sold roughly 40 mil tickets and made 380 mil in its first four weeks in the US or Avengers that sold 50 mil and made 532 mil and all of a sudden GWTW isn't looking all that impressive. So where did the rest of GWTW’s gross come from? That would be the eight rereleases in 47, 54, 61, 67, 71, 74, 89, and 98 which earned its additional $2.8. billion

So, the next time someone throws out how much money GWTW made keep it mind it took the movie nearly 60 years to reach its total. Many of those years took place during a time when alternative entertainment was not as easily accessible as it is today. There was no TV for the first 10 years of the movies run, no movie rentals for the first 40 years, there certainly wasn't Netflix, Vgames, sports packages, PC, and whatever other endless river of entertainment options we have today.

TLDR – GWTW made 506 mil in its first 4 years and had 8 other rereleases over the span of 60 years to bring its total to 3.3 bil.

Sources
GWTW wiki
First week and year gross
Inflation Calculator
IM3 4 week total
Avengers 4 week total

Attached: OpticOh!.png (247x248, 88K)

Me and my girlfriend are going to see Endgame tomorrow. Suck it up Avatarfags your time has come

You're nuts, tickets cost around 10 dollars in the early 2000s and cost between 18 and 24 dollars now.

I went to see John Wick and paid 43 dollars for two tickets.

Imagine actually rooting for a media mega-corporation to make more money than another

So now the jewer the better? Btw they're both trash, fuck your fantasy faggotry

Seething capeshit cuck

Disney owns both anyway. They'll be the ones releasing the Avatar sequels, so they win either way.

no you're not
you're going alone for the 5th time like the loser faggot that you are

yep likely won't happened
a few weeks ago people thought it was a sure fire
now it's maybe but likely not happening
it's all over next week

Attached: avatareg.png (589x181, 17K)

Endgame will always be... number #2

Attached: 234542425'.jpg (1564x618, 207K)

user, I post in these threads for the fun of it
Here are some of my movies, how much do you think I give a shit about either avatar or endgame?

Attached: Screenshot_20190520_233505.png (1729x1016, 590K)

Attached: 64587848653.png (330x315, 229K)

>user, I post in these threads for the fun of it
Ditto.

Avatar is just that good of cinema

>Worldwide inflation

>after a century of comics consisting characters that were based on ancient deities from ancient stories that spanned over a millennia ago
>after generation after generation of vidya, retcon, fan service, and all other kinds of marketing
>after billions upon billions of dollars spent on over 22 movies over the past decade
>after all the effort humanity put in leading up to this finale
>imagine... just imagine... it doesn't do it
>just imagine, that standalone film FROM said decade ago that began that cinematic challenge remains at the top
>imagine it doesn't break that 3 billion and become the top grossed movie in human history
>imagine, after ALL that, it STILL doesn't come out on top
just... imagine

oh wait

Attached: 1557319318526.jpg (698x356, 244K)

JAmes Cameron is a real director unlike the Russo Bros who should stick to working in television

this is absolute bullshit
in 2009 i was seventeen, I would pay into the cinema with coins amounting up to less than £3
i could go with a fiver and still have money for a small snack at concession

now? its ATLEAST £8 just to get in, nevermind you go to a nicer theatre in the city or 3d and its like £20

>SAVE ME CHINA!!!! HELP ME INFLATION AAAHHHHHHHH
frankly my dear ...I don't give a fuck
*dab*

Attached: IMG_2445.png (1488x1080, 1.87M)

>here in Europe regular tickets are now like 7€ and they used to be 3€ (adjusted for inflation)
i payed about 11 Euro for Avatar and 12 for Avengers

I just leave this here.

Attached: avatar is marvel comic.jpg (550x650, 82K)

I just went to see john wick yesterday and paid 10 dollars here in New Hampshire
10 years ago I was paying 10 dollars in Oregon

It's got universal appeal.
It's an adventure story with spectacle and beauty.
It doesn't need to be poignant or anything, but it does need to be extraordinarily competent, and it is, I'm not even a huge fan of the movie, and I'm a Ridleychad, but what it does well, it does perfectly, and what it doesn't do perfectly, it does correctly.

Let’s not forget that the population has increased by about 800 million since Avatar came out so you’d have to account for those possible missed sales.

>>when atleast the cheapest possible ticket is like £8.50
What absolute shit hole do you live in, London?

I'll just leave this here

Attached: jcava.png (675x388, 255K)

>Mousecucks on suicide watch
You know Disney own Avatar too now right?

>China alone has like twice the theaters now than it had in 2009
try 11x

5k in 2009
60k today

Oh no, Endgame has been out about 4 weeks and is close to making what Avatar did in 40.

t.Mcuck

Attached: 1459735670371.jpg (679x864, 86K)

>random human women with skin conditions
looks like Cameron made it better if anything
like what Japs try to do all the time, take an Ip and make it "better"
hell, some of these look like scans of actual people
similar to the motion-capture translated in Avatar, only, much more pathetic

Attached: 18m3xbj9n9ck9jpg.jpg (1968x2165, 1.12M)

Avatar's gonna lose finally. Good.

>The 4 films about it were all re-released and on for long periods of time, Endgame hasn't even been out for a month.

Is there anything that Avatar didn't steal from? It seems like a goulash of pilfered imagery and story-beats.

The population is also much higher now, how do you account for that? Shouldn’t Endgame have already demolished Avatar with almost a billion more people in the world and more theaters to see movies?

Endgame is going to overtake Avatar. This is an inevitability. The movie has only been out for 3.4 weeks and it's only 170 mil away. Not to mention there's going to be a surge of audience members when a lot of them get time off work for summer.

there's also a lot of other ways to watch a movie now and theaters are slowly dying.

Attached: REDDIT.jpg (1050x741, 159K)

Attached: Soy+boy+grin_f35656_6529216.jpg (1200x1696, 548K)

Have sex incel.

Attached: 12.jpg (2048x1024, 366K)

Keep coping m-muh inflation fag

>2.50
Lol Avatars whole selling point was to watch it in IMAX 3D. People were dishing out 15 bucks a ticket for that shit

Cry more bluefag.

How did Star Wars make so much fucking money considering how many fewer theatres there were around 40 years ago?

this too
I was able to watch a cam rip of endgame several hours before the first thursday showings started on the east coast. why bother going go the theater? I already saw it all albeit in low quality, but I was able to be part of the conversation without having to pay.

He's a zoomer looking at lists of movies he was too young for

wait are people memeing or do they actually believe it won't make that last little bit during the months it will still be in theaters?

Consistently packed theaters for weeks, I'm guessing.
Used to work at a theater and even the really big movies would be mostly empty after being out for a couple of weeks.

they think it will be out of theaters in 2 months
virgins dont go to the theater

>people dont go see endgame in 3d

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (251x242, 15K)

it was re released and also the internet/streaming/piracy didn't exist back then.

What shithole country are you from? Tickets cost about 1.5 Euros tops where I live.

not really, it's a shitty 3d conversion like nearly every movie since avatar
avatar was sold on 3d and so far it's the only movie to be worth it

>Will beat Avatar in a few weekends
>number 5 on the worldwide ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION list

you DCucks have nowhere to RUN now, you can stop pretending to be avatarfags

Attached: 1463940736403.jpg (400x386, 25K)

Memeing
Looking at Infinity War it made a further 80M after the 4th weekend
Considering this movie made over twice as much overseas as it did in the domestic market that brings it around 250M more until it finishes it's run
So no it won't break 3B but it will surpass Avatar

user.. no developed country has tickets this cheap. Since you are using euros you are probably from a eastern european/balkan shithole

It might not.

Marble cuckfag

that's a lot of money hollywood made on those 3 movies...

cope

Keeping up with the IW progression it will
Even if it drops more it would still have a 100M margin

>t. defends a disney marvel corporation who blacklists theatres who dont exclusively show the disney movie only in 2019 after 22 intertwined movies against one man with original intellectual property

Attached: 152668108098.jpg (982x1048, 99K)

everyone that isn’t a fag

Contrarians cheering for anything other than endgame
In 10-15 years the same virgin dweebs will be here, cheering for endgame while the next big movie will try to break its regime, shitposting it to death
It's a sad, pathetic cycle

>m-muh inflation fag cameron blowing STILL COPING

SEETHE virgin

*assassinates your path*

Attached: keanu-reeves-john-wick-chapter-3-parabellum.jpg (825x464, 54K)

it may have been a new intellectual property but Avatar wasn't even original 20 years ago

Ahhhh thats who it is its a DCfag LMAO he keeps spamming this same inflation posts in all these threads

Clark Kent BTFO

COPE

>not buying the 5 buck weekday matinee ticket

Attached: seriously nigga.png (447x417, 316K)

I hear all this talk about ticket prices and whatnot, and... Ticket prices went down the last few years. They used to be 15 euros per ticket, now they're more like 9. I'm a Denbtlander though, so, y'know, we're not exactly following the rest of Europe.

Pretending inflation isn't a real factor in this is the real cope.

GREAT
YOU FUCKING JUST GAVE MARVEL AMMO FOR THE NEXT 60 YEARS OF THEIR THEATRICAL RERELEASES OF CAPESHIT FORVER NOW
THEY WONT EVEN HAVE TO MAKE NEW MOVIES
JUST WAIT FOR LANDMARK TIME EVENTS

>he defends disney/marvel, a multi $billion corporation

Attached: 1556994501381.jpg (398x376, 37K)

AVATAR CONFIRMED THE CHRISTIANITY OF FILMS

there is no data for how much tickets a movie has sold worldwide. only select few countries release that information.
so all this shit flinging is pointless.

A decent plot

>616
Niiice

You know, it's funny. Not once has a single marvelcuck given a valid reason not to bring inflation to the table, despite it being extremely advantageous to marvelcucks to leave it off the table.
You know what, I'll just go ahead and ignore your ad hominem and other such fallacies and continue saying that Endgame has yet to beat Avatar, Titanic, and especially Gone with the Wind, and there's nothing you can do to prove me wrong.

Attached: joker-trailer-breakdown-analysis-king-comedy-jacket-raging-bull.jpg (670x481, 28K)

>m-m-muh inflatshunz
This argument has been btfo'd numerous times and several in this very thread and yet you keep spamming it after losing every argument when someone bothers to take it seriously and reply

so in conclusion enjoy your

COPE

Attached: 02-ronaldo-crying.jpg (370x390, 68K)

OH No No No!!!

Attached: 1558285312022.png (971x327, 40K)

>mousecucks on suicide watch
Please be bait

Based

Attached: 1536470644353.jpg (850x1207, 613K)

>mouse cucks on suicide watch
fox is a subsidiary of Disney you brainlet

Attached: Calaping.gif (105x101, 4K)

If we're really adjusting for inflation avatar isn't on the top anyway

>they used to be 3€
Fucking where, Romania? I was paying 7€ a ticket in like 2004, and the price has doubled since then. Your donkey cart economy is not representative of Europe.

Who watches this garbage?

Endgame's box office is actually unimpressive since the preceding 20 films were basically the world's longest and most expensive marketing campaign. Half the reason why anyone gave a shit about Infinity War and Endgame was the idea that the MCU was "building up towards something", which of course was a blatant lie but it worked all the same.