Why did Kurosawa hate women?

Why did Kurosawa hate women?

Attached: MV5BMTk1MDU5MjQ5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM2OTE4MzE@._V1_.jpg (1440x2048, 429K)

please put more effort into your bait.

because he knew the truth

he didn't hate women

RASHOMON is fits into a special class of bad movie: the kind that thinks it is saying something profound or deep while offering the most anodyne truism imaginable. Yikes-tier.

a film that clearly expresses an anodyne truism is a thousand times better than a film that's spectacular but expresses nothing.

have sex you fucking incel

4U

he was redpilled

She's like the most important catalyst in the events of the movie and actively so.

This reply is fits into a special class of bad movie: the kind that thinks it is saying something profound or deep while offering the most anodyne truism imaginable. Yikes-tier.

tranny

Because misogyny is part and parcel of Jap culture, and they give zero fucks. It's refreshing.

Attached: wicked city gangbang nosound.webm (704x480, 1.96M)

Yes, her features are how rapeable she is and how quickly she can be seduced by a rapist.

>roshomon
all stories are inconsistent, but the one consistent thing the woman is at fault
>seven samurai
One of the young samurai fall for a village girl, who after the battle completely abandons him and ignores him even though they fucked
>Ikiru
The girl the old man with cancer becomes infatuated with acts completely cruel to him when he gives her too much attention, doesn't care when she finds out he's terminally ill, doesn't show up at the funeral
>Ran
One of the main sons falls in love with a malicious woman who ends up controlling how he runs his kingdom leading him to ruin
>Red Beard
1.One of the patients falls in love with a woman, only for him to abandon him during the earthquake (he thought she was dead completely), and for him to discover her years later with the baby of another man
2. the daughter of an old man who died in agony, explains how she also fell in love with the man who cucked him with her mother.

Sounds like Akira Kurosawa was based and misogyny pilled.

Attached: 1490393386797.jpg (378x315, 9K)

Because he was a scholar and a gentleman.

Yikes-tier bait. Rashomon is one of the best films of all time.

You forgot Throne of Blood, where a girl manipulates her husband into repeatedly committing treason and murdering his friends.

F*moid

Whatever you think of the filmmaking/style (and I don't think much of it) it is ultimately at the service of a trite message or theme.
>PEOPLE LIE?!?!
STOP THE PRESSES!

oh shit thanks man. i was never that big of a fan of throne of blood so i forgot about that.

ran and throne of blood were based on shakespeare

How is reply a movie

representation for the win!

yeah but he seems to like stories where women lead men to their downfall or something detrimental happens to them because of a woman.

And every one of his movies is based on a screenplay written by someone else, or a screenplay adapted from another work.

What about The Hidden Fortress where the princess helps the rebels destroy the Death Star? That was a positive portrayal of women.

yeah. high and low didnt really have any negative female portrayals either. but a shit ton of his movies do.
also
>drunken angel
yakuza characters gf completely abandons him for a richer gangster when he's dieing of tuberculosis

>Whatever you think of the filmmaking/style (and I don't think much of it)
All you're doing is outing yourself as a pleb.
>it is ultimately at the service of a trite message or theme.
Name some films that have better messages.
>>PEOPLE LIE?!?!
The message is more complex than that and you know it. The message of Rashomon is people lie and sometimes there's no way of uncovering the truth, but we shouldn't let this uncomfortable fact drag us down into pessimism. Also, is right.

He was based and redpilled.

Just because it's adaptation it doesn't mean that it's faithful. The main antagonist in King Lear is a man. Lady Macbeth is not more evil than Macbeth himself.

>truism

Attached: feelsoy.jpg (387x437, 40K)

Somehow this comment triggered me more than the rest of the thread. Throne of Blood was amazing, it's Even-my-dad-liked-it Tier

Attached: Mifune-Still-4-1540x866.jpg (1540x866, 221K)

based retard

i like a ton of his other movies just came off as too much of a folk-tale for me

fog is boring af

Is High and Low worth a watch?

He understood that only women could be truly evil.

Attached: Lady Asaji Throne of Blood.png (768x576, 309K)

It's worth five watches,
>MOSHI MOSHI?!
"Only?" not sure about that, bud, besides, that character is literally Lady Macbeth from a 300 years-older play

Attached: highandlow_bloodsport_FC_470x264_032220160637.jpg (470x264, 20K)

>people lie and sometimes there's no way of uncovering the truth, but we shouldn't let this uncomfortable fact drag us down into pessimism
>complex
Yikes.

>women can't be villains

most of those examples aren't the actual role of a villain. there's other antagonists in those films as well.

Why did his clearly-sociopathic wife suddenly regret her decisions near the end?
Never understood this

then why are you focussing on pussy, you pussy? i fart in your general direction

because it's the theme of the thread dipshit.
because like most women she was not prepared for the responsibility of her behavior

See, one of these days I'm going to write an essay (maybe it will have to be a VIDEO essay to accommodate your iPhone-addled attention span) about how seemingly simple concepts are often the hardest to internalize and fully understand, and that the ability to reduce such a concept to a trite-sounding slogan, such as :

>Jesus Christ - be nice to people
>Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, The Deerhunter, etc- war is bad
>Scarface - do not commit crimes
>Rashomon - people lie

DOES NOT SIGNIFY that the message was actually trite or not worth making, or EVEN that the person reducing it to such a trite statement understood the material at all (for example, OP either didn't understand Rashomon or is pretending not to).

Attached: mifune_3201.jpg (267x349, 22K)

have you ever stopped and thought for 3 seconds straight? I mean, ever, in your life?

Hahahaba you really never understood that? Haven't you seen it in real life? Nothing is ever real to women / children until it is biting them directly in the ass, RIGHT NOW. things don't change bro

Attached: 1551722782854.jpg (317x267, 22K)

>>roshomon
>the one consistent thing the woman is at fault

Imagine being this much of a pleb and misunderstand the movie so much and then flaunt your retardation for all to see. Havent read the rest of your post but Im sure its drivel as well.

Attached: 2421.png (342x363, 190K)

Lady Macbeth is the one who pushes her husband to do the deed instead of being a pussy.

Because the guilt drove her mad. Same way MacBeth starts hallucinating and seeing ghosts as a manifestation of his guilty consciousness after he turns into a bloody tyrant. It's one of the prevailing themes in the play, you can't run from guilt like you can't run from destiny.

>seemingly simple concepts are often the hardest to internalize
True. But sometimes trite is just trite. Anyone can say "You just don't understand".
In fact I have nothing against Rashomon but if you are going to correct people at least don't say trite things too.
If I had to give my two cents a movie that has nothing to give you but a "moral" can never be anything more than trite so the approach of trying to explain a movie through its moral is wrong in the first place.

im thinking about how the topic of the thread is about misogynistic undertones in kurosawas work and how you're trying to get me to derail the thread.
lmao its literally consistent in all of the characters stories. i know thats not the theme of the film.

>misogynistic undertones
at least we're down from "hate women"
Looks like I win, for today.

Dodeskaden shows a husband reproaching men for criticizing his wife.

Attached: sceptical matlock.png (765x765, 159K)

He was just a realist

The word misogyny literally means the hatred of women

>One of the young samurai fall for a village girl, who after the battle completely abandons him and ignores him even though they fucked
Is this the power of the light-speed watcher?

I'm the guy you're responding to and I actually agree with your point 100%, I was just pointing out a really fucking infuriating thing people do-

Specifically that they identify a moral premise in the work (which may or may not even be there) and then equate it with the entire content of the film, as this retard was doing :

Attached: 220px-Toshiro_Mifune_1954_Scan10003_160913.jpg (220x296, 16K)

its a power of a guy who doesn't wnat to go into the full details of the story.

>undertones
You have the right to see whatever undertones you like. It's inherent part of good art. Good Luck!

it's great

>One of the young samurai fall for a village girl, who after the battle completely abandons him and ignores him even though they fucked
She has basically no agency with regards to this decision. Remember that the setting is feudal fucking Japan? I'm seriously confused why you think this fits into the pattern, if you really are being serious

Attached: 6b6ad22c91d8a85e4d7e8c86e1c385fd.jpg (500x695, 57K)

>watches some jap kino
>oh i get it now he hates wymin
i want to plow your pussy OP

>You forgot Throne of Blood, where a girl manipulates her husband into repeatedly committing treason and murdering his friends.
How did he get away with this?

Attached: star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-698.png (1440x900, 975K)

I hooked up with an older woman (early 40's) on a dating website, some of the best sex I've had, but she's got no kids and isn't looking for a relationship, I feel bad for her desu she's probably lonely as fuck but doesn't know what to do anymore

ITT Yea Forums stands up for KINO.

I am proud of you guys.

*WELLES CLAPPING GIF*

>a specific director's films consistently have the same problematic undertones
>it's all in your head

You gave 5 examples, two were trollish non-examples (Ikiru and Seven Samurai) the third was literally a Shakespeare remake (Ran).
That's like 2 valid examples in a career spanning four decades and about twenty massively important movies. I don't think you're even halfway convincing anybody

Attached: 13-1-1050x1145.jpg (1050x1145, 220K)

Are you gay for mifune bro

You can say that about ANY director, user. Look at Kubrick. Even though it's a shit seeking behaviour it's not irrefutable and ultimately stupid. I can't stop you from looking at things you want to see. People see The Messiah in the clouds.

Hell yeah brother

Attached: giphy (1).gif (245x180, 513K)

Better question is who wouldn't be gay for mifune

Straight people?

>problematic
go back nigger

Straight up GAY people you mean

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x334, 991K)

wholesome

Attached: mifune family.jpg (817x429, 83K)

>Jesus Christ - be nice to people
>Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, The Deerhunter, etc- war is bad
>Scarface - do not commit crimes
Imagine being THIS retarded

Well, would you pls explain how retarded I am, I'm dying to hear all about it and we're clearly both killing time on Yea Forums

Attached: matsunadawhite-main1.jpg (850x1142, 302K)

Yknow what? I have a feeling that you only skimmed the thread and read that block of greentext as though it were its own post, thereby leading you to believe that I was shit talking those movies (and Jesus), sage because I am samefagging