How cucked with LOTR show will end up being?

How cucked with LOTR show will end up being?
>no major women of power in The Silmarillion so they will have to end up fucking forcing them into main roles
>no blacks or people of color that are good-aligned so they will force them into main roles
>no sex or degeneracy but naked sex and rape guaranteed to cater to Game of Onions crowd
>They will make everyone in Numenor look middle eastern 100%

Its over LOTR bros. We have two years to celebrate before our franchise is cucked by americans.

Attached: Amazon-Lord-of-the-Rings-TV-Show-Header.jpg (1400x700, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ringbearer
youtu.be/ek2O6bVAIQQ?t=188
twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1039911620682469377
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wah wah wah women and blacks

Don't you faggots ever get bored of this shit

I really want this to be good. But who am I kidding, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment

Shut up shitskin

BUT TWO BILLION BUDGET
THATS MORE THAN GOT

He is right though

fucking everything is terrible

we have to get rid of nigger and femnazis

Why is it called lord of the rings if it’s set in an earlier age?

Because its going to be about Annatar aka Sauron distributing the rings among the kings of Elves, Men and Dwarves. They want a more political version of LOTR.

I'm 95% sure no matter what the show is going to end with the creation of the rings of power and one ring. Whether they decide to stick to the Silmarillion or go full Shadow of Mordor remains to be seen.

Its second age so 100% about rings and Numenor

Yes, it’s all so tiring

All I’ve ever wanted since reading the silmarilion was a well done screen adaptation.. but not like this

Yep i wish niggers would be back on the plantations and women in the kitchen.

Based and redpilled

>Yep i wish niggers would be back on the plantations
How about back to Africa? That way we will never see them again. The plantation thing didn't really work out that great.

Attached: 1556031293232.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST PUT WOMEN AND BLACK PEOPLE IN MY MIDDLE EARTH

Attached: crying wojak.png (785x731, 201K)

You can but not as major characters.

You mean orcs?

No price too high to destroy European folklore

Incredible.

Attached: fuckjannies1.png (1024x768, 280K)

based

Amazon doesn't have rights to the Silmarilion.
Amazon has the same rights that used to belong to newline, that is to say the original film license that JRR sold while he was still alive and mostly broke.
They have to make an entire second age show just from appendix shit so it's going to be awful and 99% original content rather than an adaptation in any real sense of the word.

>people

Look at the games. That’s exactly how it’s going to be.

Attached: 4L_38Bs8Asb.jpg (550x550, 69K)

WE

It doesn't matter, because literally none of it is related to the books, and can be completely discarded.
If they were trying to adapt the books I'd be worried.

Please no for the love of Eru
We are fucked

Yea Forums overdoes it sometimes but forcing non-whites into main character roles in any LotR related media is going to seem incredibly forced and just plain bad.

But it is
They will fuck of Sauron
They will fuck up Numenor
They will make Numenor half black
There isn't much detail about 2nd age in the books. So everything will be original but still.

WUZ

I swear if I see nudity in it
or even worse
Nigger on qt blonde elf
North Korea should fucking nuke us already

And I won't give a single solitary shit, because I have no intention of watching it, will only consider Tolkien's word to matter and will openly laugh at anyone who tries inserting into conversation.

Absolutely, I wish we could just have some decent fantasy shows without the diversity narrative being forced into every facet of it, turning coherent fantasy worlds and established lore into incoherent single seasons of under-written and over-sexualized trash, all so a couple of kike executives and their feminist writing staffs can virtue signal to each other about how diverse they made their annual shitshows.

As long as Hollywood keeps injecting their insufferable political activism where it doesn't belong, Yea Forums will be here to complain.

Unironically this.

Attached: Thumbs_Up2.gif (267x200, 1.56M)

>black Numenoreans
>dark elves
It's going to be great

>radical leftist hedonists blatantly force their retarded equality as contrarian propaganda into every fiber of media possible, exclusively promoting negroes, gays and women in mary suesque fashion, thus landholding their own characters as if they're retards, reducing every other, though exclusively white character to a dimwit, dropping the overall quality of the franchise into a laughingstock ALL THE WHILE calling people with negative views as racists and homophobes while they themselves are the real racists and homophobes
I don't. I can't.

KANGZ

I would be totally okay with blacks and women as long as every other character makes no mention of their race or gender. I usually hate female characters because their inclusion leads to boring as fuck romance subplots to entertain female viewers. I'm cool with a Gandalf the Black just like I'm cool with a white Othello.

>GoT has managed to piss off almost everyone
>The Witcher is gearing up to be a royal trainwreck
>Wheel of Time's lead writer is an unironic Egwene fan
>Lord of the Kangs will have to fight against a consumer base weary of low effort fantasy cash ins, and will also be compared unfavourably to a product 20 years older
>mfw it crashing and burning will finally put an end to parasitic influences worming their way into fantasy

Attached: 1502230740011.png (1338x1173, 774K)

N

No survivors

I'm very bored of blacks being shoehorned into ever facet of life in the western world

SHIET

this but unironically

I mean, yeah no shit. It's a fantasy story made to replicate ancient myth in a certain part of the world. Why the fuck should white people be in any mythological stories from africa or china? If they remade the lion king but with people, let's say, would it make any sense to have a random fucking chinese dude in the background, or even feature as a prominent character with some throwaway explanation like "Oh, him? Boats travel far from the east, they are formidable seamen"? No, it'd be fucking stupid. So yeah don't shove a random fucking ethnicity into a myth because you're butthurt your ethnicity didn't come up with said myth. Everyone has their own cool shit, grow up

that cover isn't real - is it?

Have sex

Niggers these days are so goddamn uppity.

And this is why people like you will always be hated by both blacks and whites

>Specifically, roughly 2000 years after Sauron's original defeat and 1000 years before the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
How about, NO!

I'm hoping for Kino, actually.

Attached: 1551020650843.jpg (419x445, 58K)

>Numenor
So will they actually show Trap Sauron?

Attached: a997dfee4a4236c3f77235e09fd5112d.jpg (2048x1536, 296K)

Yep, unlike GoT LoTR have a standarts.

enjoy your DOA series

I unironically want a black girl slave, I'd treat her even better than my cat but she couldn't refuse sex

>How cucked with LOTR show will end up being?
IMO heavily depends what lesson will Amazon learn from GoT

Apt picture since by now they're both wraiths in oblivion.

Powerful women are ubiquitous in GoT. Not so in LOTR. They cannot take inspirations from GoT.
They should take inspirations from the preceding LOTR movie trilogy.

This. It's about as canon as the Shadow of Mordor games, so nothing.

They're going to TRY and make it the next GoT, but fail miserably. Calling it now.

>Powerful women are ubiquitous in GoT. Not so in LOTR. They cannot take inspirations from GoT.
And here is the trick. Shitstorm around last seasons of GoT leads to two lessons which future showrunner of the simmilar project could learn
Lesson 1,(most likely, I think) do not dissappoint your landwhales audience or they will eat you (look reaction at Danny's death), in this case show is fucked
Lesson 2, (rarely possible) stick to the source material as hard as you can (GoT turned to shit when they started go out of the books), in this case they will place authenticity above all else

B&R

The only ones I would accept are as Dark Elves from the south or something.

Attached: __deedlit_and_pirotess_record_of_lodoss_war_drawn_by_yoko_juusuke__c433f5c50264d4fa0dc90f47744af5fa[ (1800x900, 722K)

What I like is how they can't even be creative with their bullshit.
>Easterlings, Haradrim, Variags, multiple primitive cultures, barely-explored lands such as Dorwinion where if they're going to pull bullshit out of their ass it may as well be to fill in the gaps
>"NO WE WUZ NUMERATORS N SHIET"

The main lesson is that if you pick them up, you make damn sure you keep the tumblrites on a leash.
You don't pull punches, you let them fuck up, you always portray them warts and all, and for the love of god you never apologize for doing so.
GoT signed its death warrant when they had people like the sand sneks pulling psychopathic shit with the narrative portraying them as righteous, and their spin portraying it as empowering.

Why do white men offend you so much?

Attached: 1528581933236.jpg (1000x679, 214K)

Not until you stay in your lane and adapt cool shit like The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm.

I've wanted to see some film adaptation of that for the longest fucking time. It's a 95% black cast, too, and that's actually accurate to the book.

Attached: 000.0% Survivors.jpg (477x724, 117K)

I can't wait for them to subvert expectations and have Arwen kill Sauron in a dramatic twist.

Attached: Arwen.png (230x169, 61K)

It'll be funny to see them twist themselves into knots trying to ignore the Peter Jackson films even though that's the reason this show got the time of day

>Only dark elf described in Silm was pale

Try again

Attached: lord of the rings feminism.gif (245x238, 768K)

this cover is real but take heart, this game fucking bombed and everyone hated the microtransactions an the nig chararcter/ i am sure monolith and wb wont make another shadow of war game

>How chucked with LOTR show will end up being
>in The
>good-aligned
>but naked sex
Learn 2 English or get the fuck off my board

Call me a manchild all you want but I just want a good fantasy adventure where heroes are good guys and villains are assholes, I'm sick and tired of this "realistic" morally grey grimdark crap like GoT and Witcher

Attached: 1482433403637.jpg (406x464, 106K)

Go watch DnD TAS

The Silmarillion is the name of the book faggot. Its not just "Silmarillion".

I want blue wizards fanfiction

the GoT cast was almost completely white

Attached: wohohohoho.webm (228x282, 576K)

Yeah and was full of imcompitent retarded males, compitent males who died and empowered womynz.
Not to mention other types of minorities, dwarves, goblins and fatasses

Orcs and uruk-hai have existed from the start, they just shouldn't be major characters

I want to see the perspective of the evil men

Attached: 24f1c8b6ee0b65cb11ec37bfebc006d3--book-stuff-costume-ideas.jpg (236x236, 17K)

sounds like second age Middle Earth to me

So we might also see Sauron subjugating the easterlings and haradrim. Mite b good. Though I assume they will be portrayed as fantasy chinamen and noble savages, respectively.

If they show Sauron fucking with Ar Pharazon, then they can include Tar Miriel as well. Maybe have her as a sort of shaggy dog story where she tries to play politics to gain her rightful throne before being drowning in the downfall because she was too oblivious to notice her people becoming devil worshippers. Imagine the shitstorm.

YAS QUEEN

Attached: file.png (759x898, 647K)

i dont know what exactly they have the rights to but a story of the downfall of numenor including the capture of souron and people turning on the valar, the building of the temple of morgoth and the human sacrifices and shit would be kino, then you could end it with the numenorians sailing to valinor to wage war then getting swallowed up by the earth and the flooding Beleriand

user Beleriand was flooded at the end of first age

i literally just finished the damn book, i swear they were discussing locations in beleriand right up until morgoth was defeated and numernor was created and shit , they even talk about the giant wave coming and flooding the land after the numenorians attack valinor

am i just dumb or did i miss something

perhaps i just dont know what beleriand is

Parts like Tol Fuin escaped the destruction yes but most of Beleriand was drowned after the War of Wrath at the end of First Age

>cucked by americans
lol nice try, yuroshit. You faggots turn historically WHITE people into niggs for your shows and movies. Fuck off.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ringbearer

Attached: Trans dwarf lady Narvi, nonbinary Celebrimbor, Annatar, and Galadriel.png (1000x969, 855K)

Well the elves are basically the middle-eastern/black people of Tolkien mythology.

Attached: sons of feanor2.png (1000x633, 585K)

T-This is powerful

How can we prevent this from ever coming out?

First two seasons will be about Annatar and his schemes
Season 3-4 will be about fall of Numenor
Season 5 will be include everything until third age such as War of the Last Alliance.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It will get the spirit wrong
youtu.be/ek2O6bVAIQQ?t=188

If you watch it at all you will be among history's greatest fools.

Attached: Fingon at Dagor Aglareb.png (540x356, 185K)

I can't believe it bros
We the black people were the elves all along. Humans and whitie didn't exist until thousands of years after we descended on earth.
Say with it me

WE WUZ NOLDOR N SHIEET

It probably has the highest budget per episode of any tv show in history so at least it will look pretty

Dont you get bored of your over simplification and licking corporations boots and their propaganda, big literal faggot?

I don't care about gays. I really don't even care about the womyn shit.
But the black shits gotten outta hand and I find it super tiring.

>no major women of power

What the fuck are you even talking about.

LOTR remade with Will Smith as Aragorn

>an unironic Egwene fan

I don't believe you.

>no major women of power in The Silmarillion so they will have to end up fucking forcing them into main roles
Nigga, are you serious right now.
>Varda
>Melian
>Luthien
>Galadriel
>Aredhel
Retarded post, retarded thread, confirmed for never having read the Silmarillion.

>wah wah hoy enough diversity in shows people actually enjoy

Don't you faggots ever get tired of this shit?

You should've known that portraying the Silmarillion is an impossible task

I hope we never see first age events on screen, because not seeing it is what makes it so mythical.

>Haleth
>Nienor

Don't forget the humies

>Varda
She's a fucking Vala. I'm talking about Elves and men
>Melian
Again a fucking Ainur. No one cares and its gonna be in Second Age
>Luthien
Wow she was a princess and whore herself for Morgoth and dancing was her hobby. So powerful!
>Galadriel
The only female of power that isn't an Ainur
>Aredhel
Wow she does fuck all.

Fucking kys retard

WE WUZ DUNEDAINS N SHIIIIET

I wonder if they'll say bad words like fuck and shit.

You incels are way too obsessed with women and blacks

DELETE THIS

Attached: pol poster faps.jpg (1199x1491, 226K)

That's only for season one. They'll cut it in half every season that follows after

>Nienor
Oh that slut that took of her clothes for Orcs
WOW
SO POWERFUL
THIS IS IT
WE NEED TO FILM IT
CHILDREN OF HURIN MOVIE WHEN

>but she's a Vala and an Ainur
Nigga, we're talking about the Silmarillion. They play an integral part. There is an entire chapter set aside for Thingol and Melian and not only that, she plays an integral role throughout most of the story. Do you discount Lord of the Rings because Sauron is divine as well? What kind of retarded logic are you even using.
>downplaying Luthien's importance
Bitch literally puts Morgoth and all of his minions to sleep with her magic. She is strong as a mother fucker and is centrally important to the story of the Silmarills.
>being as dumb as you are while having the audacity to call me a retard
MASSIVE NOLDORIAN KEK

>can't even talk shit about Haleth because he doesn't even remember who she is
Your thread was bait, your posts were shit, and you were always a fucking retard.

Attached: 1558294165495.jpg (518x710, 87K)

>Black numenoreans are literally black

No, but there will probably be some character following the edgy/cynical trope, a la Tyrion or Jaime, even though such a character never existed in Tolkien material, not even the bandits Turin joins.

shit tier but nevertheless successful bait but is it rewarding user? You shouldn't just pick the low hanging fruit.

>Five women among literal thousands of powerful men and Elves in Simarillion
Retard
If they were to fucking make a show of Silmarillion the ratio of important male to female characters would be about 20:1

Why can't niggers and females just write their own shit? Why do they have to take great things white men have done and shit all over them

>so thoroughly BTFO and anally devastated that he has to start counting nameless NPCs to justify his ratios
The ratio of male to female heroic and important characters in the Silmarillion isn't anywhere near 20:1 if you start talking about named characters that are actually important. Nice try, faggot. Keep political baitposting until the day you die friendless and alone. It's what you deserve.

Attached: 1556935716649.jpg (795x767, 165K)

It will be shit like most TV nowadays.

I just want to see a scene of Sauron's armies literally running away and abandoning him in fear of oncoming host of Numenorean giga chads before Sauron corrupts them.

*RANGZ

>Why can't niggers and females just write their own shit? Why do they have to take great things white men have done and shit all over them
It's easier to market a product with a recognizable name than to market an unknown product.

I just want to see some epic shit where the good guys are bastards and the villains are skits cunts and the schemers and their plots get wrecked by fire and steel in the darkest hour. And then in the sequel the good guy and bad guy survivors have to form an alliance because of an invasion from an even bigger group of evil doom rider motherfuckers. And then in the final act of the trilogy they have to fight the ancient elves who have awoken from a thousand year sleep and want their world back.

>The ratio of male to female heroic and important characters in the Silmarillion isn't anywhere near 20:1
yeah its probably about 100:1

It's about occupying YOUR space. It isn't about enjoying a story.

DOONADAYAN

Maybe because we don't value feminity and female roles anymore, and when they show you powerful females, they are just men with tits really.

>The only time he won a one-on-one fight was a singing contest

Being Sauron is suffering

Sauron IS the lord of the rings, and this series is about him creating the rings and BTFOing Numenor.

Have they announced when exactly in the Second Age this series is supposed to take place?

No, but you can infer this will be set around between the forging of the great rings and the Downfall.

Give back the iPhone, Tyrone

>Jumps the shark right off the bat with the sinking of Numenor
I can see that happening.

At last this user sees the truth

From the map on Amazon site, it has Numenor so most of it will probably focus on that. They want the GOT audience with political drama and Numenor is perfect for that shit.

But will they cast a long-haired twink as Sauron?

The Numenorians are essentially a super race of Aryans who were so white and blonde that they built the most beautiful civilization ever. This show is doomed.

You do realize the majority of the evil numenoreans were blonde and blue eyed, right? And they mostly colonized and oppressed the niggers in the coasts south of Umbar.

See Like Amazon gives too fucks. They will turn Numenor into a middleeastern looking empire like persia

It really isn't. You tried to downplay Luthien's importance, aka the forerunner of Earendil's line, the line that ended Morgoth, the line that founded Numenor, and was so deeply tied with the fate of Middle Earth that it couldn't have survived without her. You said she 'liked to dance and was a whore for Morgoth.' That's how dumb you are. That's what convinced me that you're just baitposting for reactions.

Basically, you're the most scummy kind of fucking shit for brains that posts on this website and you should take yourself out to the garage and huff some gas.

Perhaps this is a sign that I should be using all of MySpace instead of letting it remain vacant.

I hope they get ready for the massive twitter outrage once they begin with the cult of Melkor and the human sacrifices, then.

Kek

It will be ok if Stannis ends up being the king.

Who cares? That show will be irrelevant.

Funny thing is that diversity is the least of it's problems.
The problem is that the main character is an OC self insert that's somehow stronger than anyone and managed to defeat Sauron himself.

What triggers me the most is this ludicrous artstyle

twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1039911620682469377
If Rafe is playing as Aes Sedai to suck up to the Hollywood Chosen, he'll have gained enormous respect from me. This post makes it look as if he loves Egwene but the love talent could be a separate tangent from his obsession.
t. man dangling on the edge of a cliff by his fingertips grasping at tufts of grass

That's distressing. Money is not given out of charity. Getting this much money means that they're confident it will be a mainstream success, meaning that the show likely panders to normies, which means it's shit.

The orcs are supposed to represent black people.

No, fuck off and stop ruining all of the intellectual property and stories I hold dear. Don't you ever get bored of that?

I just hope the next big new thing, like the Harry Potter books, is written by a white guy who absolutely forbids any minorities from appearing in his works and movies based upon them. Just flat out denies that shit to make niggers and women reee

I've wanted something like this too. For example the perspective of a family man working in Gotham under the joker or penguin or something. The story just details his life being a henchman trying to make ends meet avoiding getting his ass kicked by Batman and not killed by the Joker or the mob when they have a bad day. Just the guys in the middle doing all the work for these cunts because they have no other choice. You could do it with any story really

>we wuz Numenoreans and shieet
>let one ghostface nigga (Melkor sure as hell won't be brown, calling it here) take over and ruin everything

they literally CANNOT win, this is going to be hilarious.

Just make him grey. It's how most fans draw him anyway.

Grey =/= brown so it still counts in my book.

It’ll be hard for Morgoth to appear in the show. You know, with all that banishment from the world and getting thrown into the void thing going on.

Attached: 1536447264904.png (1080x1053, 662K)

Didn't you look at Numenor's going to be in there user

>GOT
>realistic

what the fuck

>morgoth
>appearing in numenor
>in person

Yeah, we are indeed sick of cowardly women--who we know in real life aren't worth a damn in combat--and shit-skins who never even bothered to invent the motherfucking sword, being inserted into everything.
Even moronic South Americans, who barely understood metal, managed to shove obsidian into wood to make a goddamned sword.

I hope it will far enough to feature based Witch King building his kingdom in a frozen shithole and dismantling all of Arnor.

Elves are fair... ly tanned

Attached: rangz.png (851x531, 42K)

Not a real tolkien fan

Noldors were basically elven niggers anyway.
>obsessed with bling
>always consider violence the first option
>constantly killing other elves

If Game of Thrones is the best television has to offer, then I think I'm done investing time in any more shows. This Lord of the Rings one is just going to be insulting on many levels.

Witcher could have been that way if the author wasn't butthurt at CDPR for making his books popular. He went to Netflix out of spite and wants to ruin it.

>calling Galadriel a nigger

The internet will be awash with YAAAAASSSposters saying how powerful it was when Ja'Andriel told a mediocre white Man to sit his pale ass down.

Tbh if they want a LotR related series that is full of pickers of cotton Harad around the time when Sauron returned to Mordor would be the best choice. Plus there would be plenty of interesting story opportunities related to how Sauron brought them into his service.

this

this is not warcraft you retard
the orcs represent asians, particularly mongolians
half trolls from far-harad represent black people

fake fans baka

I thought the wainriders represented mongols.

the various easterling tribes were a hosh-posh of anything from persians to slavs to schytians because tolkien never really wanted to flesh out the evil people all that much, but orcs were short, had sallow skin, slit eyes, and used curved bows. Tolkien himself described their appearance as "degraded and repulsive versions of the (to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types."

i will never tire until all jews are dead

He's got a point

so Tolkien was a racist piece of shit?

Every human being who's ever existed is racist.

>piece of shit
"no!"

Tolkien was a scholar of the early middle ages, and LOTR is strongly inspired by early medieval literary traditions like Heidrekssaga and so on. When he says "(to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types" he's thinking medieval depictions of Huns. The Huns were in ancient historiography traditionally described in really vicious terms. They are portrayed as subhuman monsters who are nothing like civilized men and do evil and violence out of sheer bad nature. In the middle ages though, the perception of the Huns shifts somewhat: they're still kind of villainous in Heidrekssaga or Thidrekssaga but less monstrous, sometimes (Nibelungenlied) they're even figures of pathos. That's the kind of concept that orcs convey: they're first portrayed as utter monsters (The Hobbit) but LOTR goes on to humanize them and show that they are not just cartoons, but people (horrible evil people, but still). To call them "racist" is missing the point because the stereotype Tolkien is invoking with them isn't one of modern racism, it's one of antique civilization's stereotypes towards barbarians and how it evolved in following centuries.

Orcs are literally captured elves Melko bred with goblins.

Goblins are orcs. And Tolkien never really decided on an origin for orcs, that’s in fact one of the main reasons why he never published the Silmarillion during his lifetime.

>Goblins are orcs.
there's a difference
not earlier on maybe

lmao

Uh shut up, nigger.

Women yes, blacks no. Correct. They don't belong there.

You COMPLETELY misunderstand. To the person, it is ALWAYS white women and white and jewish men writing this woke bullshit. Every single fucking time. Do you actually think a nigger is producing a Tolkien tv show? They're not even the ones doing this.

It's not over. Tolkien fans have the actual books this shit is based off of, as well as the LOTR trilogy. Who gives a fuck about some lame Amazon.com version.

is goldberry going to be in this?

The thing that pisses me off the most about all of this is the insufferable capitalist hypocrisy of it all. These fucking woke HARPIES will fucking bitch, moan, whine and fight for legislation to make it as hard as possible to watch for free any of the garbage they produce because that's "copyright infringement" (protip: it's not) but they don't give even a nanosecond's consideration for raping the everliving shit out of someone else's intellectual property literally multiple times a year.

Attached: 9d9.gif (392x159, 2.93M)

can any loremasters here clear something up for me that been bugging me

what exactly is the deal with the relaionship between the elves and the 3 rings of power? we know elves are all immortal and magic and shit from the start but after they get the rings of power suddenly its treated like they are dependent on them for their life and magic and shit and when the ring is to be destroyed and thus the 3 rings rendered useless they have to go back to valinor

i feel like i missed something regarding what exactly the 3 rings do for them because they were perfectly fine living in middle earth for thousands of years before the rings were made and it doesn't really make sense to me that now they are somehow reliant on them

Lorefag here.
The Three Elven Rings never were directly touched by Sauron, instead he worked through others to give them to the Elves.
As such, they actually were useful in their stated purpose (to protect their people and give the will to lead). That and the Elves who had them were all venerable and knew full well not to abuse their power.
As such the Elf havens of Rivendell and Lothlorien could still fall under the protection of Elrond and Galadriel, respectively, as they used the Elf rings for good. (The third was Cirdan, master of the Grey Havens, who gave his to Gandalf.)
When the Elven Rings were rendered useless that was the last nail in the coffin, really. The Elves were already on their way out, but losing the last ounce of magical protection they had probably encouraged them to just cut their losses and leave.

Attached: luthien beren.png (690x848, 523K)

Attached: tumblr_nloy2859ef1qf1ipjo1_640.jpg (1199x775, 150K)

>our franchise
>franchise
im genuinely discusted.

Attached: 1554391369937.jpg (960x960, 100K)

thanks bro

that fucking image
oh no dude

They won’t have to force it at all. It will happen naturally.

Look, all I'm saying is that NO ONE in this thread could give one solid, logical reason as to why Sauron should be cast as a genderless being. It's not our choice anyway. If you want it different, make your own show.

He shouldn't be genderless. I just want him to be a trap.

the only point he appears as a genderless being is perhaps when he is essentially in form of pure energy, every other time he chooses to appear as a male
how fucking problematic are you, assuming his gender identity like this?

also wrong, he was described as not only beautiful looking but also wise, which excludes him being a trap

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II.

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959.

>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — Written in response to Tolkien's German publishers asking whether he was of Aryan origin.

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit".

>"Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject — which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.
>Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung." ― Letter 30 — Written directly to Tolkien's German publishers.

>this show will be garbage and only cucks, faggots, trannies, and niggers will watch it
>but somehow I'll have enough info after each episode to discuss it in detail about how bad it is and only cucks, faggots, trannies, and niggers saw it

>sons of feanor
>they all have the same father and mother
what the fuck

I think that Amazon knows how much people will ree if it deviates from the movies too much.

In fact, that's their best bet. They can go from the re-emergence of Sauron to the establishment of Gondor to Isildur's death.

On a scale from based and redpilled to woke and bluepilled I'd say it's kind of in between.

Still, though, every sane Tolkien fan should realize this is just as canon as that Hunt for Gollum fanfilm

you let your cat refuse sex?

>Whether they decide to stick to the Silmarillion or go full Shadow of Mordor remains to be seen.
I know nothing of Shadow of Mordor, what are the differences?

It will just drive more people to /pol/.

Does anyone actually know what this show will be about?
It's not the Silmarillion, they don't have to rights to it. They obviously won't rehash LoTR either so what the fuck are they planning?

I certainly hope so, get the fuck out of here.

Diaper wearing stormfronters will never stop shitting up Yea Forums, unfortunately.

GoT 2.0 in Numenor, probably.

Attached: annatar in numenor.png (1280x674, 895K)

I'm black and I agree with this.