PULL UP

PULL UP
PULL UP
STALL
STALL

Attached: air france 447.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r5LUGaW6TyE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Belgium_MiG-23_crash
youtube.com/watch?v=y1kPAWVI5UA
youtu.be/YPje39EUXHQ?t=3m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4
youtube.com/watch?v=jVvt7hP5a-0
youtu.be/Xfh9-ogUgSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KCuh_2M4o3A
youtube.com/watch?v=fPEsmED4UFk
youtu.be/H2LG0Bse2MM
youtube.com/watch?v=kd2KEHvK-q8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=EFyyLbD-Y7o
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_MV_Sewol
youtube.com/watch?v=FiogKXLTAJI
youtube.com/watch?v=GpY-6Jxygac
planecrashinfo.com/cvr100410.htm
youtu.be/wM9sam2u_Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=gmuY_WzXKV0
youtube.com/watch?v=HecyxhXDepU
tailstrike.com/070194.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=9hZ-XkaQW2U
youtube.com/watch?v=PaIt7ybwEe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOT FLYING

NOT FUCKING FLYING

It's the scariest aviation accident ever. Christ.

>PULL UP
>STALL

what did the autopilot mean by this?

Please explain and redpill me on planes. I am terrified of them.

the pilots were literall brainlets , it was very simple to recover but the morron on the right decided the whole time to pull the commands toward him when the computer was telling him the whole time that he was stalling

Name ONE pre-9/11 crash more kino than Pan Am 103

Attached: lockerbie.jpg (620x400, 73K)

>It's a botched repair job episode.
>A washer falling off caused this.

Attached: ul1s3xaq-720.jpg (720x406, 30K)

>fail to take off 3 times
>"lets try again"

Attached: munich 1958.jpg (1023x576, 115K)

Attached: 0564065.jpg (1280x821, 175K)

who was in the wrong there ?

You shouldn't. Flights are safer than ever, you would be shitting in your pants constantly if you were in the 70s.

t.2 flights per week on average

Let get going.

Attached: klm.jpg (368x270, 22K)

Here's your airplane for today.

Attached: 737.jpg (1200x675, 46K)

what hAPPEN

THAT SON OF A BITCH IS COMING RIGHT AT US !

Planes scare me but plane crashes are pretty kino and decent reading material.
Any good Youtube videos about plane crashes?

>european version
>RETARD RETARD RETARD
fitting.

were there any survivors?

OH SHIT!

The pilots decided to make the plane do a belly flop into the Atlantic.

Would you rather fly in?

Attached: 300px-Continental_Airlines_DC-10.jpg (300x180, 8K)

Or this?

Attached: 300px-Northwest_N756NW_DC9.jpg (300x201, 9K)

youtu.be/r5LUGaW6TyE

pilots became retards on how to get back from a stall alarm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Belgium_MiG-23_crash

X-pilot videos

dc-10 , only 4 deaths so i have more chances of making it out alive

damn

Look up X Pilot on youtube. Recreates the crashed in simulators and gives info about the before during and after of the crash

>ywn hear the recordings during 9/11

>be russian
>get your kid in cockpit
>your kid start to fucking up the plane trajectory
>dont push him out of the pilot seat
>yell at him instead to try to do something
youtube.com/watch?v=y1kPAWVI5UA

Attached: aeroflot 593.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

user I-

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-120651_Chrome.jpg (720x1280, 299K)

I remember the news coverage of TWA 800 as a kid. Shit made me afraid of air travel.

Attached: SE.png (357x211, 89K)

I remember this. The kid didn't crashed the plane, he just tilted it and changed the course. The pilots where the retards that decided no to take control and started yelling commands at the kid. Slav(e)s everyone

ah , was thinking you were comparing the DC-10 continental 603 and DC-9 Northwest 255 crashes

There has been 1 death in US flights this year.

Out of millions of flights.

the scariest part is that the cockpit broke off the plane first , imagine the fear of the fucking pilots when they realised they werent attached to the plane anymore

DC-10s are fucking death traps, worst planes ever made. They even indirectly crash planes

It was a piece of metal that fell off a DC-10 that caused the Concorde accident

the scary thing about plane crashes is really the number of victims each time one happen , they really fucking rare when you take into account the number of flights per day , but each time it happen you got hundreds of deads

What was that flight where they were out of control in a hurrican for something like an hour and it was like a rollercoaster the whole time, going upside down a bunch before it crashed.

Look up someone named The Flight Channel.

Very informative and amazing to see.

youtu.be/YPje39EUXHQ?t=3m35s
who would win ?
>a 737 or a private jet ?

Attached: brazil 2006 crash.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Flight 191 40th year anniversary is coming up on May 25th.

It's crazy the military can keep getting away with shooting down passenger jets.

Was that skyking?

Attached: ocra.jpg (1024x536, 40K)

Attached: skyking_23rd.png (980x1188, 106K)

>tfw he made a maneuver probably no one will be ever to pull off ever again

what a hero

>it's a DC-10 episode

Attached: again.jpg (319x188, 7K)

are the amerimongs STILL trying to pass that piece of shit dodgy MAX 8, lads?

Holy shit

poor guy that died , gotta be the unluckiest man alive of all the places that plane could have crashed after running out of fuel it had to be his house

alive that year*

Poor Captain Wee Tu Lo

i am so fascinated with aviation accidents for some reason

it's almost to the point of fetishization

Attached: Boeing 737 engine catches fire.webm (610x1080, 1M)

Most people pass out when a plane de-pressurises, it's the most peaceful death a man can ask for, I long for it

Some one needs to make a show like "air crash investigation " but about all the nuclear stuff.
That would be ultimate ekino

Why don't airlines make everyone wear a parachute? Or at least store one under the seat. Even if you've never used one before at least it gives you a little bit of a chance to survive if the plane breaks up in the air or something. Or if the side tears open and pulls people out at least they have a chute.

i like the investigation behind them , figuring out what happened etc and realise if it was either :
>pilot retardation
>repair fucking up
>bomb/missile
>environemental reasons

What a bunch of fucking baboons

You forgot the best one of all.

>design defects

ALSO

>manufacturing errors

Attached: 7KwMqD2.jpg (512x408, 43K)

>you hang out of the front window during the flight

should boeing give up on commercial planes and stick to military?

imagine being in a plane where you know you are going to die

just a maddening descent into certain death

in a 737-Max 8?

TERRAIN
TERRAIN

PULL UP
PULL UP

it's fine don't be a retard
t. pilot

not enough hand flying training or experience, gay european airline

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*CRASH*

That's all it takes for a DC-10 to break down your cargo door and let the pressure out of your cabin with the intent to harm and kill you.
Why don't you fly Boeing?

Attached: main-qimg-7cff4b16434c47360ad734eb2876d932.png (602x348, 390K)

Planes are perfectly safe. Ever notice how a plane only crashes when someone is flying it? Here's a hint, it's not the plane's fault, it's the human behind the controls! Now, I'm no plane but it just seems a little fishy to me, don't you think?

lol holy shit. fucking russia. they will never amount to anything.

I miss this meme format

Attached: 1546794011594.jpg (2400x1800, 267K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4

>that attitude of the plane

Blyat

Attached: Sukhoi Superjet 100.webm (384x342, 340K)

he actually over adjusted dude was full panic mode

so you're saying theres a chance?

>Eldar
fucking xeno crashing our planes

Attached: 600px-Eldarbattle.jpg (600x438, 49K)

>tfw you forgot how to fly the plane

Attached: Wakanda Airlines.png (1920x1080, 828K)

should have gone Boeing like your digits

which one is this ?

>flying to innsbruck in Austria
>small propeller plane with 30 passengers or so
>had read beforehand that it is one of the hardest airports to land in because of the airflow between the alps and the pilots needed a special certificate
>as we approach for landing, the turbulence is fucking insane. we almost do a barrel roll
>while this is happening, one of the pilots accidentally turns on the speaker system, allowing us all to listen to them
>they scream to eachother in german, clearly panicking
>the one stewardess on the plane can't get up from her seat to tell them to shut it off
>we finally land. can hear pilots say "phew. scheiße"

Easiest the scariest moment of my life. Instead of flying out of there in a propeller plane on the way back, we took a bus to Vienna where they had real planes.

Attached: 1534600638728.jpg (465x403, 24K)

Fly on September 11. They wouldn't dare to do it again.

>it's a 747 episode

Attached: Woke Abe.png (429x509, 408K)

United Express 6291

>most
Imagine being the guy who stays conscious

The fact that all it takes for a plane to crash is for some retard mechanic to choose the wrong bolt, which happens to look exactly like the bolt he's supposed to use, makes me nervous every time I fly.

The plane itself and the pilots can be excellent. But just one retarded mechanic to choose the wrong bolt is all it takes for you to die.

>Lose both engines, pilots make valiant effort to stay airborne and make it an airport, but fall short and everyone dies-
NO WAIT

>Lose both engines, they check the manual for "flying the aircraft with both engines out", only to find that no such section exists, so they manually calculate their optimum glide speed, divert to a decommissioned air force runway and the pilot nails first try a perfect deadstick landing while pulling a fukken sick drift and terrorising local children on their bicycles.

Is this the most clutch play for all time? Y/Y

youtube.com/watch?v=jVvt7hP5a-0

Post black box recording kino.
youtu.be/Xfh9-ogUgSQ

>It's a Tu-154 episode

Attached: 1530461110410.jpg (450x320, 31K)

what about the Les Bains maniac?

>Boeing
theyre going to take the cake on flight fuck ups. every single 737-max is a ticking time bomb

>the pilots were literall brainlets , it was very simple to recover but the morron on the right decided the whole time to pull the commands toward him when the computer was telling him the whole time that he was stalling

Quite true, the way to recover in an Airbus is to simply let go of the controls and the computer will fix things 90% of the time. The problem was Airbus doesn't use yoke controllers, just F-16 style sticks that aren't linked.

pretty slick

Attached: 1555355681545.jpg (400x400, 16K)

The depressurization and force from being sucked out of an aircraft, not to mention the extreme altitude, a but guarantees death

Serious question,
Why can't you glide a plane to an emergency landing on any flat surface provided its big or long enough? You can control the engines and glide in for a low speed landing even if a bit rough right? Or do Passenger Jets not work that way?

>It's a DC-15 episode

Attached: 1538521141954.jpg (680x497, 208K)

my favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=KCuh_2M4o3A

Attached: ethiopianflight-961.jpg (648x378, 113K)

Better yet why not just have one big parachute for the plane so in the event of a crash the whole thing can very slowly and gently fall down back to land?

>Where's your Miracle on the Hudson now?

How did you like Innsbruck?

>Airbus announced a 320 with bigger engine
>sack off plans for much more improved plane and just rehash this 60 year old design and put bigger engines on it
>realise doesn't have enough clearance from ground
>just put engines further forward and higher
>realise its going to keep going into a stall because of this
>HURR DURR JUST HAVE A SOFTWARE FIX THAT
honestly, how much of a fuck up are Boeing?

Attached: 1528521304145.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

god what a bunch of retards

>Why can't you glide a plane to an emergency landing on any flat surface provided its big or long enough?

They drop altitude pretty fast, and the RAT loses power when airspeed drops, so controllability and gauges are reduced significantly. They're also mainly aluminum, so unless you can get a perfect landing they pretty much break up and the pieces tumble.

A couple of vodka niggers killed a bunch of gooks. Who gives a shit.

>Pilots pay tens of thousands of dollars to even qualify to fly boeing or airbus planes
>FAA and EASA regulate the hell out of planes
>TSA niggers actually manage to somewhat prevent terrorism
>more people die in car accidents and the chances are higher
>the airspace is controlled by ATC so everything is organized and planes are far apart
t. student pilot

Boeing had better convince trump to buy a bunch of F-15 silent eagles, because the 737MAX is toast. Thats 1,800 orders in the shitcan.

>Boeing 787 still outsells A350

Attached: 20190513_124917.jpg (4128x3096, 2.7M)

How do I avoid a situation like Germanwings Flight 9525

i gotta give respect to those pilots , the amount of time they managed to keep that plane up is amazing considering the damages

What's the best airline,/aircraft to fly with?

youtube.com/watch?v=fPEsmED4UFk

Don't mess with memes

Its a pilot switches off the good engine accidentally episode . opps

>b-b-but 787
deflecting. nice try

boeing or airbus. do NOT fly anything else.

Attached: russian plane landing.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

you ain't traveling on our sukhoi super passanger killer jet so no worries

>What's the best airline,/aircraft to fly with?
Tu-114, has never crashed AFAIK

>be baby air force pilot
>at initial flight school, mention to one of my IPs during a flight that I love watching air disasters while studying and flight prepping.
>he stops flying with me for the rest of the program

Attached: 1558028625704.jpg (513x449, 50K)

Visiting the psychiatrist shouldn't be an excuse for firing someone. Also make it less expensive and time/life consuming to be a pilot

>Airlines
Iberia
Cathay Pacific
Qatar Airways
Vueling
Japan Airlines
ANA
Emirates
Lufthansa

>airplanes
777-300ER
A330
A350
A320
737-800

Attached: IMG-20190512-WA0004.jpg (1600x1200, 169K)

HERE THEY COME youtu.be/H2LG0Bse2MM

Boeing or Airbus, American, western Euro and only big east Asian carriers if you can manage it. You can't get me to get on any small Russian air carrier under any circumstance.

Attached: 1557004304906m.jpg (1024x515, 101K)

Posting some plane accident kino right here:

youtube.com/watch?v=kd2KEHvK-q8&t

>gook mechanic in charge of following instructions on how to repair a damaged tail

It's a chart showing an enormous plunge in airplane accidents while the number of trips has exploded. I've had this for a number of years and don't remember where it's from, but pull it out from time to time to ponder the implications. The 737 MAX debacle has many terrified of flying, but the 100,000 routine flights per day get no press.

Air travel is sort of bizarre: at 40,000 feet doing 500 knots, air pressure of 3 PSI, gigantic turbines rotating at 12,000 RPM - it's stunning that an aircraft works at all. But it does, with astonishing reliability.

Think about that chart: it defies conventional wisdom. In most human endeavors increasing exposure to a hazard means more failures. But air travel is different, and for an important reason: every accident is investigated, causes are determined, and something is changed so that accident won't happen again. Training, maintenance, procedures, even design of the system: the culprit is found and remedial action taken. Mistakes are used to improve the system.

A fascinating 1996 article about the Space Shuttle's software engineering process is a must-read for all firmware developers and their managers. The main takeaway is that the Shuttle team created near-perfect code by creating a process that yields near-perfect code. When an error is detected it's fixed, of course, but the team tries to understand how the mistake appeared in the first place. They then fix the process so that error won't happen again. The result: about one bug per 400K lines of code. That's nearly three orders of magnitude better than most good-quality firmware.

We all make mistakes and bugs will always be an element of creating software, which is probably the most complex engineered product in history. But great teams will figure out how errors creep in and patch the process. This feedback loop helps teams evolve to a higher level of perfection.

Attached: ei.jpg (404x231, 19K)

this. 10 minutes in microsoft flight sim 2000 taught me this. christ what an idiot

>Why don't airlines make everyone wear a parachute? Or at least store one under the seat. Even if you've never used one before at least it gives you a little bit of a chance to survive if the plane breaks up in the air or something. Or if the side tears open and pulls people out at least they have a chute.
That would raise ticket prices.

the engine placement makes jumping out of a commercial airplane a bit difficult

Best one user lol,

I actually watched this on Youtube yesterday. I was fucking amazed by how this thing stalled. Just imagine what the passengers and crew felt as they fell to their death?

t. 747

Did someone say stall?

youtube.com/watch?v=EFyyLbD-Y7o

>"PULL UP"
>*WOOP WOOP*
>ITS THE END
>"PULL UP"
>loudass crashing noise
Completely kino, I get chills everytime I listen to the recording.

iirc the pilots where about to make a perfect landing until the retarded hijackers yanked the controls last second which is why you see the plane bank to the left and thats why almost everyone died.

Someone set us up the bomb

The auto pilot was off due to some fuckup with the anti icing it seems. But it wasn't just the dude on the right who killed them. Dude on the left knew what to do but didn't seem to realize the pilot on the right was still trying to climb. Captain also didn't show up soon enough and tell both of them to stop fucking touching shit.

Attached: pcmn29z3nxnz.jpg (937x1171, 141K)

>>"PULL UP"
>>*WOOP WOOP*
>>THAT'S THE SOUND OF DA POLLICE

We get signal

for me, its train crash kinos

what about bombardier planes? Q400 and C-series

"hey lets have all the passengers all bunch up together in one part of the plane"

>How do you want your cruise ship bro?
>Say no more

Attached: costa-concordia-captain-sentence.jpg (1024x653, 186K)

>the fucking coward of the cabin had escaped on a lifeboat after telling the passengers it was just a drill

Did they ever release the audio of the coast guard laying into him?

reminder that without this based Ivan, the US military wouldn't have granted civilian access to the GPS

*captain

God dammit.

>Schettino: "Yes. Good evening, Cmdr De Falco."

>De Falco: "Please tell me your name."

>Schettino: "I'm Cmdr Schettino, commander."

>De Falco: "Schettino? Listen Schettino. There are people trapped on board. Now you go with your boat under the prow on the starboard side. There is a pilot ladder. You will climb that ladder and go on board. You go on board and then you will tell me how many people there are. Is that clear? I'm recording this conversation, Cmdr Schettino …"

>Schettino: "Commander, let me tell you one thing …"

>De Falco: "Speak up! Put your hand in front of the microphone and speak more loudly, is that clear?"

>Schettino: "In this moment, the boat is tipping …"

>De Falco: "I understand that, listen, there are people that are coming down the pilot ladder of the prow. You go up that pilot ladder, get on that ship and tell me how many people are still on board. And what they need. Is that clear? You need to tell me if there are children, women or people in need of assistance. And tell me the exact number of each of these categories. Is that clear? Listen Schettino, that you saved yourself from the sea, but I am going to … really do something bad to you … I am going to make you pay for this. Go on board, (expletive)!"

Gook here. You haven't seen shit
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_MV_Sewol
>be insect person
>get told it's ok
>entire senior class drowns and principal commits sudoku

Why is it In a lot of these cases the pilots are such dumb cocksuckers? I get I obviously don’t know as much because I’m not a trained pilot but what the fuck? Why is it in several of these the second pilot is always fucking going against what the first guy is doing? Are they autistic?

>TERRAIN
>TERRAIN
>PULL UP PULL UP
>WOOP WOOP
>PULL OVER DAT ASS TOO FAT
>WOOP WOOP

>you'll never be this based
youtube.com/watch?v=FiogKXLTAJI

youtube.com/watch?v=GpY-6Jxygac
planecrashinfo.com/cvr100410.htm (audio in website)
>AAAAAHHHHH KURWA
>*crashes*

somebody post the accident where, i think it was in the 80s, two planes crashed into each other on the runway because they couldn't see in the fog

>I'll make you pay for this.
youtu.be/wM9sam2u_Tk

Tenerife

based coastguards

holy fuck

holy shit imagine being in there

im sure the hijackers were niggers

>TSA niggers actually manage to somewhat prevent terrorism

TSA doesn't prevent shit. It's always the FBI or CIA who uncovers the plans.
The last 3 times I flew out of the US I accidentally brought items that weren't allowed onboard.

>First time: X-ray guy flags my backpack. TSA negress finds a half-full bottle in my backpack. Says "you're not supposed to have this", puts it back. Turns out I had another 2 bottles in there.
>Second time: Forgot to take out hunting knife from backpack. X-ray guy flagged backpack. TSA mutt peaked into backpack for 2 seconds and let me go
>Third time: Forgot to take out leatherman multi-tool, pepperspray against bears and bottle of water. X-ray man flagged me down. TSA negress opened backpack, took waterbottle out, closed backpack and let me go

Attached: 1552139511022.png (894x773, 48K)

Fuck I remember watching one of the videos a student filmed inside
Even though its foreign how they were kind of joking around to the end really resonated with me My high school class probably would've went of the same way

Seriously how has ISIS or whatever never attempted a 9/11 2??

F

too hard to pull out an hijack on such a scale now

CIA and FBI are good at what they do.

If some terrorist managed to fly under their radar, TSA sure as fuck wouldn't be able to foil their plan.

security got amplified along with secrecy became dead once iphones were made

it is 99.99999% impossible a plane can be hijacked now. pilots will sooner have every passenger on board slaughtered than hand over the control

Economy: Boeing 787 with Emirates airlines
Buisness/first class: Airbus A380 with Emirates airlines

this, TSA or airport security is a deterrent, not an actual legit measure to stop terrorism, its like a lock on your door, if someone actually wants to boom boom smash their way into your house, they could.

it is security services and intelligence services that stop actual threats

tfw you got to see this in person

real life kino at its finest

[WHOOP WHOOP]
[WHOOP WHOOP]
Terrain! Terrain!
Pull UP!

same question but as someone who lives in the Seattle area, which is the best airline?

because not only is it extremely hard now, its not actually effective compared to regular, small scale attacks with some guns, knives and bombs.

the threat of being on a plane that goes down in a terrorist attack that happens once a decade is nothing compared to the threat of walking down a street only to be hit by a van and then stabbed, something that happens far more regularly

>flying back from las vegas over Alabama
>hit a bad storm
>look out the window and see lighting just missing the plane wing and flashing in the distance
>plane starts shaking minutes after that
>feel the plane dropping in elevation and the pilot pulling back up, felt like a roller coaster with a big drop
>flight attendants buckling in
>exchanged "oh fuck we're gonna die man" looks with the guy across my row
>then we make it through the storm and everything's peaceful
Shit was spooky but a hell of a rush at the same time, I was surprised how much i liked it"

you experienced turbulence, user. perfectly normal.

They are literally multi-ton metal machines, constucted using a monocoque technique (ie, most of the "material" in the cabin isn't really structural, more like tinfoil over a skeleton, that completely and utterly defendant on two huge engines running on constant mini explosions and are supported by "air".

I am not actually afraid of flight but I do actually find it a bit impressive as well that people consider it a "casual" transportation medium, often used for mere vacations for selfies and stuff.

>CIA and FBI are good at what they do.

Attached: 1558362594690.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

>going on holiday soon
>all I can think about is Flight 447
I'm doomed arent I?

Attached: 1548642806423.jpg (250x300, 16K)

where you flying from and to?

seemed worse then regular turbulence, I've been on planes a lot and this was not the same.

>on a flight where turbulence is really bad
>pilots actually competent and handle it well
>finally understand why so many people feel the need to clap and cheer when a plane lands

tell boeing that

UK to Kos.

you'll be fine
unless its a Ryanair flight and those 737MAXs are given the all clear

I never fly with Ryanair. Fuck the Irish.

Kos is nice user, watch out for the migrant gangs and the greeks trying to force you into their restaurants though

Does it really have that many sandniggers?

>WELL WELL WELL

Attached: BUK-M3-VIKING-9K317M-Air-Defense-system.jpg (925x617, 90K)

some, its not so bad now, they have mostly gone onto europe or back to turkey now. are you in kos town?

>["delete this ! in dutch"]

I will be yes.

Sullenberger in the Hudson was the most clutch

Attached: DACA7684-21BD-41E5-912E-6890882E9ABD.jpg (300x300, 9K)

Why the fuck would you go all the way to the Greek islands that were invaded by Africans when you have Bahamas and all of its islands right next door?

Attached: 1556007321282.png (800x729, 48K)

Because Greece is nice and its history interests me, and the Bahamas do not.

>Greece is nice

Was nice. Was.

For some reason, personally, if the cause of the accident were to be metal fatigue, engines exploding or the rudder falling off, I'd almost be fine with it. In a sort of "fair game" kind of way. If you risk flying on huge ultra complicated machines, you accept the risk that you wmight be the one to find the odd mechanical problem that will become the future textbook case.

There is Nothing that pisses me off more however than something like Germanwings Flight 9525. This is a complete nightmare and feels almost unfair. You know exactly what the problem is, everyone does, you could tear the tard apart, and the bullshit """"safety"""" anti-terror measures preventing you. So unfair.

I'd rather have a samurai sword for every passenger and have them duke it out in case of terrorists than to ever have the possibility of this happening again, "new regulations" or not.

As a minimum, make the cockpit door open if 10 different points in the aircraft press a button or something. (ie, something that would require quite a few terrorists to pull off, but passengers would ofc readily agree for their shake)

>You know exactly what the problem is, everyone does, you could tear the tard apart

Did the guy announce his intentions over the speaker system?

No, but pretty sure when he is not opening the door, the aircraft is descending, and the other pilot is trying to break the door by banging on it, they must have figured it out.

rip in peace user

i hope getting raped by muslims interests you too

Stop living your entire life from blogs on the internet.

He is probably safer in all of Greece (but the seediest ghetto in Athens) than London, lol.

>Kos
Lots of blacks came by boat from the south and ISIS-in-disguise was smuggled from Turkey. But I guess it is not very much different than UK, so you'll be fine.

Yeah it's fucking astonishing that a single component as small as a single fucking washer is enough to send a plane falling from the sky.

Also when you watch any of these videos and see the ground where they crash they all look the same. Debris everywhere, giant smoke plumes and the impact on the ground from the planes. Then you watch the one about flight 93 on 9/11. Just a few pieces of debris, no crater, no smoke or fire... What the fuck happened to the plane? It certainly didn't crash in that field they showed.

We do though. Which are you talking about?

how about the one where the bolt was missing a tiny fucking component cause the mechanics couldnt see the bolt when they had to remove and replace it and it went straight into the the fuel tank and made it explode

>This is fine

it wasn't boeing fault at all. why do think the only crashes have been third world airlines? shit pilots who never trained on how to shut off the autotrim or could identify a AoA sensor failure.

Because if the plane depressurizes you ain't gonna be able to use it anyway

>>HURR DURR JUST HAVE A SOFTWARE FIX THAT
The same system is on every fucking 737.

Worry about the shitty seat that looks like a lawn chair.

They're working on something like this atm. But it's only for smaller planes, still might happen with the bigger ones in our lifetime

So the crash was literally because one fucking guy had the plane's pitch jammed nose up THE ENTIRE TIME?

yep

boeing

yup and when the other tried to take back commands and told him : "im taking commands" , fucker said ok but didnt remove his hand from the commands resulting in dual input

>What the fuck happened to the plane?

One or more missiles caused it to disintegrate in the air. That's why the debris was spread out over such a huge distance, and only a small portion of the aircraft made it to the "crash site".

some say Kosm

Another happy landing

God damn i love this one. Should be mandatory viewing for these threads

Because the passengers aren't gonna just sit there like retards this time. Among other things

There are quite a lot of videos (EnhancedWTCVideos FE) where you can see the planes ram into the towers, but you won't hear the terrorists last words overlayed.

i understood that reference

Attached: tumblr_p2nx8sUs9q1t1611yo1_1280.png (1280x1811, 1.3M)

that's pretty fuckin incredible
I think anyone who's ever played a flightsim
fuck
even an arcade, will tell you 15 straight minutes of noseup is bad for a plane

holy fcuking chirst

How about the one where a mechanic was going to change a regular bolt on the stabilizer during routine maintenance, and he used a bolt that was *almost* identical, but since it wasn't the exact correct bolt, the whole fucking tail disintegrated after about one year.

Auf den Wellen wird gefochten,
Wo Fisch und Fleisch zur See geflochten,
Der eine sticht die Lanz' im Heer,
Der andre wirft sie in das Meer

was that the barrel roll?

>Eldaaaaaar!!!

Brazilian steel, sharped a thousand times like Peixeira.

biopic when?

bump

Pull up
Pull up

MAN, I WONDER WHAT COULD BE GOING WRONG HERE IN THIS AIRSHIP, WE TRIED EVERYTHING

I suggest you stop doing the same

A plane posted this

Everything is fine. Stop being pussies.

Buy more tickets.

Attached: IMG_20190514_020134_01.jpg (3480x4640, 3.53M)

what did they mean by this?

Attached: 1557720480600.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

Attached: DiDqZ2qVMAAxr2g1.jpg (355x279, 15K)

>The fact that all it takes for a plane to crash is for some retard mechanic to choose the wrong bolt, which happens to look exactly like the bolt he's supposed to use, makes me nervous every time I fly.

Im going to go out a limb and say commercial aircraft maintenance is a high skill, high competition job with all the veterans who have relevant experience, I doubt they'd make a mistake like that often enough to worry about it.

What the hell was fucking wrong with bonin?
No one can be that stupid right?

>Let's see, the ID number of the bolt I need is #425-698
>Walks over to bolt cabinet with 5000 different bolts
>Here we go. Here's #425-689

Doesn't happen often, but stupid little slips like this has occured, and will occur again.

Literally this, I had a friend forget he had a box of LIVE AMMUNITION (12 gauge shot shells) in his backpack and SOMEHOW MADE IT THROUGH TSA WITHOUT ANYONE BATTING AN EYE

Attached: 1437084242738.png (571x448, 19K)

When will the boeing 737max kino hit the screens?

well it's already hit the ground, not so much the streets

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 6.27.49 AM.png (918x832, 603K)

why does the left dude look like cgi?

[WHOOP WHOOP]
THAT'S THE SOUND OF THE POLICE

Well the planes have reached a point where they basically fly themselves and humans just get involved for takeoff, landing, and non-routine circumstances like a bird in the engine, a wasp nest in the airspeed meter, a hijacker, a kid putting the plane out of autopilot, the roof suddenly exploding, or the plane wings icing over.
After that its entirely on the crew to get out of the situation and not be a bunch of fuckups that consider their job so routine and easy that they forget the basics of flying and pull up while fucking stalling.

This one is the most horrifying. EgyptAir 990 on Halloween was also pretty crazy. Both were out of JFK.

The late 90's early 2000's had some pretty fucked up plane crashes.

>Off-duty flight attendant Yumi Ochiai, one of the four survivors out of 524 passengers and crew, recounted from her hospital bed that she recalled bright lights and the sound of helicopter rotors shortly after she awoke amid the wreckage, and while she could hear screaming and moaning from other survivors, these sounds gradually died away during the night.
May the heads of JSDF at the time rot in hell next to the Russians that shot down a passenger jet and were more focused on preventing it from being found than even finding it themselves.

It's pretty comforting as a military pilot knowing that if anything goes wrong I can just pull the seat handle and be riding a parachute a second later

Attached: w48hW.jpg (640x640, 63K)

not if you're a co pilot and kenny loggins is playing

Nah fuck that, my aircraft has exploding canopy glass and a spike at the top of the seat should the glass fail to explode. If you pull the handle in a modern military aircraft you are 100% gonna survive unless you are going mach 2 toward the ground.

>be Korean
>can't tell difference between meters and feet
>die
youtube.com/watch?v=gmuY_WzXKV0

I remember seeing something on tv about how a fighter pilot had to eject at high speed and 3(?) of his 4 limbs broke immediately

youtube.com/watch?v=HecyxhXDepU

How can you watch this and not be convinced that was the work of Satan

>It's pretty comforting as a military pilot knowing that if anything goes wrong I can just pull the seat handle and be riding a parachute a second later

And your career is over at that point because of your back injury from the rocket seat.

It's transcripted but we don't have access tp the actual audio recordings

2320:46.6 ((Sound similar to that of a stick shaker start.))
2320:47.2 ((Sound of seven tones similar to that of autopilot disconnect alert.))
2320:48.1 Capt.: Tony.
2320:49.5 ((Sound similar to that of a stick shaker stops.))
2320:50.2 Capt.: What did you do?
2320:50.8 FO: I didn't do nothing.
2320:51 ((Sound similar to that of stick shaker starts.))
2320:52.3 ((Sound similar to that of an increase in prop/engine noise amplitude.))
2320:52.5 Capt.: Gimme flaps up.
2320:53.7 ((Sound similar to that of a stick shaker stops.))
2320:53.7 Capt.: No, no, hold it.
2320:54.0 ((The GPWS transmits ...Pull....))
2320:54.3 ((Sound similar to that of a stick shaker starts again and continues to the end of recording.))
2320:55.3 Capt.: Gimme flaps up.
2320:57.5 ((Sound similar to that of change in or addition to stick shaker.))
2320:58.7 Capt.: Whoa.
2321:00.2 ((Sound of impact.))

Note: Putting the flaps up makes the plane stall faster.
tailstrike.com/070194.htm

This isn't the 70s anymore, the seats are much safer. All of the ejections at my unit nobody was permanently grounded.

>All of the ejections at my unit
what, they crash planes for fun?
Gotta keep the money wheels turning

>CQD THIS IS TITANIC
>CQD THIS IS TITANIC
>CQD THIS IS
>
>
>

Shit happens. This is a training base too. One guy recently fucked up an aerobatic maneuver and they had to eject, and he still ended up graduating.

I work on planes. Companies do a lot of illegal shit all of the time but there has to be a dumb fucking amount of shit to go wrong for a plane to actually crash because of maintenance issues. It's quite quite literally pilots getting too comfy that planes practically fly themselves these days and when something goes wrong they don't know how to handle it. Never fly a plane that isn't from the first world. We sell a lot of planes that have lived past their time to shitty countries and they just keep flying them until they literally can't anymore. The amount of paperwork that can be involved is absolutely insane and everything that happens to the plane, if you don't work for a shitty company, is tracked and monitored. A lot of shit breaks on planes but the amount of redundancies that there are, it's literally almost a non issue. I'm still glad to this day that I never took a job with Boeing. What a fucking embarrassment of a company.

Attached: 20190520_211211.jpg (1960x4032, 3.29M)

Reminder, watch the original Canadian version of the show (Mayday) to get the best narrator.

The biggest Mandela Effect for me is that I clearly remember the engines being centered under the wings. Now they jut strangely forward. This changed around 2012 I believe. I flew a lot when I was a kid and my parents always got seats where the wing meets the fuselage as it is supposedly the safest place. I always would stare at the wings and could barely see the front of the engines. Multiverse is real.

The entire aviation industry is full of fake, Chinese made parts. Even Air Force 1 was found to have some counterfeit parts installed.
Now relax and enjoy your flight.

Attached: th.jpg (474x316, 34K)

>but I 'ave been pulling up ze 'ole time!

Attached: 1545010882439.jpg (680x379, 42K)

You stupid idiot, a change in design choice in 2012 isn't your retarded conspiracy theory.

>Imagine being the guy who stays conscious
I'd crawl around looking for the biggest pair of tits I could find and tug one out before my death.

>of his 4 limbs
I mean most of us have that many, spiderbro

because 9/11 was a joint operation conducted by US intelligence agencies, Saudi Arabia and Israel, offering an excuse to invade and further destabilize the middle-east

still you look at the stats and you see that getting killed by a hippo is more likely and you breathe a sigh of relief.

Not all counterfeit parts are shit. A lot of times, factories that make legit parts continue operations after normal working hours to make the counterfeits.

Planes are LITERALLY safer than cars.

You have a higher chance dying driving or crossing a road by a random accident than you do on a plane.

Its scary as fuck thinking a plane could crash killing hundreds, but its ultra rare.

And if you live in the West and dont fly some shitty airline and stick to good ones (Singapore's star alliance group is all a-okay) then the chance becomes completely insignificant.

Fucking hippos man

Attached: HHH.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

tfw never been on a plane before
tfw terrified of getting on a plane
tfw never been outside my own state because of this
how do i overcome this fear?

every single part down to the washers is "supposed" to be able to be tracked to where it was made. flying is safe and the chinks do an okay job. still makes me nervous to fly on commercial airliners though. i like smaller passenger planes because theyre nnot nearly as complicated. a lot less shit to fuck up.
its not going to help, but a lot of places have parts rooms where someones job is to retrieve parts for mechanics. almost 100% of the time the mechanic has the right part, its that the retards who couldnt get their A&P are the ones handing out parts. i work for a smaller company now on smaller planes where, if a bolt doesnt fit, its not going to fit. theres no two ways about it.

Sounds legit to me!

thats natural
take a train
dont fly in planes. you'll live longer

>not posting the most kino landing in aviation history

youtube.com/watch?v=9hZ-XkaQW2U

>i work for a smaller company now on smaller planes
and im the one who gets the part

Ever hear of Kapton wiring? Allowed on commercial planes, the USA military though ripped all of it out of their planes and replaced it with proper wiring.
Happy travels.

You can alleviate your anxiety by bringing a parachute with you on the plane and continuously remind yourself that you can just jump out and save yourself in the event it looks like the plane will crash. It probably wouldn't actually work like that but it's just a mental safety net.

Dudebro, Planes are like jap cars now bro - everything is generally 10mm.
If it's not 10mm it's 14mm or it's 2mm.
Anything larger is structural bro.

You know, unless it's a Boeing or a Tupolev, but at least Tupolev color codes their retarded bolts

>Ever hear of Kapton wiring
yeah, i do electronics on planes too. ive never been a fan of it. ive only ever had to work with it a few times but i would never sign my name to the work i did on it. it almost got me fired once but fuck me, i dont like that shit.

just strap a parachute to the entire plane..

Attached: 5s5Op6P.png (714x516, 380K)

Friendly reminder that Aviation Mechanics are critically underpaid. They should be paid as well if not better than pilots.
I mean it's comfy strait outta college starting tier - ~60k. but 10 years later you only makin 72k and you got mouths to feed and a slut wife who likes handbags

In general, planes are incredibly safe. You actually have to actively try and fuck things up, and then CONTINUE to actively fuck things up in order to cause an accident.

In the trainer aircraft for the Navy/Air Force, the plane will naturally recover from a fucking spin.
>pull throttle to idle
>pitch nose up 30 degrees
>full rudder left or right
>full backstick pressure, full right/left rudder
>hold full backstick, full left/right rudder
>congratualtions, you have now entered a spin
>what do you do now?
Literally let go of the controls, and take pressure off the rudder, and the plane will automatically stop spinning, not because of any software, but just because of the physical properties of the airframe/the shape of the plane. You can also recover from the stall quicker by taking the appropriate actions.

youtube.com/watch?v=PaIt7ybwEe8 is a great video to gain some confidence in planes.

Obviously not all planes are going to be this idiot proof, but theres really no reason to fear flying on planes, as long as its from a civilized nation and not from like Africa or China.

Wasn't there an experiment that showed 90% of contraband goes undetected by TSA?

>but First Officer Pierre is pulling the nose up.

How did this guy even graduate flight school?

Attached: 1498230992338.png (568x590, 233K)

>Literally let go of the controls

Tell that to captain bonin of air france 447

You are safe in any Tupolev that isn't the Tu-154 or Tu-134.
The Ilyushins and Antonovs are fantastic

Dude airline pilots are auto pilot operators, they are just in there flipping switches while the computer does all the flying. When the computer fails is when shit hits the fan. 3000 hours means shit if you never actually fly the plane.

Pilots are a fucking superstitious bunch. For the longest time fighter pilots refused to view even gun cam footage

aircraft mechanics are still technically labeled as unskilled labor. i made 21/hr right out of school which was very comfy for me and i could still live on that if i cut back a few things. the sad part is that 21/hr is more than double what any of my friends make. i wish they would do better. almost none of them are happy and i try to help them when i can. i miss home but if i stayed there i think i would be in the same position

Attached: 1533768652723.png (482x427, 79K)

The left and right instruments were giving conflicting readouts due to ice, hence why they were applying opposite control inputs.

Lack of communication ultimately doomed the plane.

TSA is the "face" of airport security running the security theater.
Every airport has Customs, DHS police, state police and Air Marshalls, as well as local cops assigned to the entry lobbies and outside areas.
DHS/SENPAITACHI is the actual security.

You don't need to stare at instruments to react to a stall. Just release fucking back pressure on the stick and go full power. Lack of proper reaction to a stall horn doomed the plane.

>noodle

Dey took er

Just make the entire airplane out of parachutes

Attached: 1520216506083.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

Trainer aircraft do that for a reason though, they are trimmed for that shit

The real reason shit like this is not implemented is because of money. It costs the airline more to implement this than it does to pay out settlements to dead passengers.

>actively fuck things up
>continue to actively fuck things up
Both of which the crew did. Bonin was a fucking retard and basically single handedly caused the crash. If he had just taken his hands off the controls, then the
>continue to actively fuck things up
part would no longer apply. Its a damn shame all those people died because of a mistake that student pilots with 30 hours or so wouldnt make.

How much you making now senpai?

It's the overall inherent design of the airframe. If a 747 ever got itself in a full flat spin I doubt its coming out.

Friendly reminder this is probably the ONLY thread the Federal Air Marshall Service will ever take interest in on Yea Forums

post yfw your trying to fall asleep in your economy class seat and you hear a struggle on the flight deck followed by muffled words

>..in the name of the prophet
>most merciful
>most gracious

Attached: 1543488930728.jpg (986x553, 96K)

iirc, even untrimmed, I'm pretty sure the T-6 will recover from a spin.
t. i sucked at trimming for a while

You know, statistically speaking, at least one user ITT will die in a plane crash in a few years how about that?

Teneherific

It could but it would need a SHITLOAD of cushion, like start spin at 35k feet, get outta spin ~14k, and that's if it doesn't end up nosediving mid spin after dumping all of its inertia

i make 42/hr. i do more avionics stuff now than i used too. which is a wise word to anyone here who might be thinking about working on airplanes. get your fucking FCC license. companies will all but literally suck your dick for you to work with them if you have both and arent braindead. people only get their a&p because theyre scared or too dumb to deal with electricity.

Don't you neutralize trims before doing spins? That's what we do on the grob 120a

also, to add on to what I said here , is also right. Its the inherent design characteristics of the T-6. It's inherent instability makes it easier to recover. Its physically impossible to recover an F-14 from a flat spin (short of ejection, which can get you out of the flat spin...if the pilot was still there...). This is because of the inherent physical characteristics of the aircraft. A T-6B will naturally recover from a stall w/o pilot input, purely due to the physical characteristics of the aircraft itself. Trimming might help (or hurt), but its not the reason why the aircraft can recover from a stall w/o pilot input.

nigger what? the statistic is one is 30 million.

Trainer aircraft are generally inherently stable, esp. basic prop and basic jet trainers. Advanced & Lead in Trainers (both generally light attack/point defense fighter capable) are a different story, save for smaller air forces that use advanced jet trainers for LIFT - like Albatros and BAe Hawk users

Its been a while since I flew it. So, iirc, you have the aircraft trimmed up for straight and level flight, then begin the procedures for the spin. You dont touch the trim until you recover.

You making more than starting pilots?

Do you have any idea how many people lurk fourchan? Also I spread it out over a few years span so it is very realistic at least one person reading this thread will die in a plane crash.

The F-14's only hope was to extend the Var. geometry wings and hope they don't snap the fuck off while steering into the spin and punching it

For the grob we had to completely centralize the trims as part of the pre spin check. It was annoying because you had to do the rest of the checks while trying to fly the plane very much out of trim. I am in ground school for the T-6 right now.

Also add to the fact that even planes that "snap out of spins" on their own still recover 90 degrees nose down and you gotta pull up without hitting the ground or passing out.

Checked some other sources and the statistic is actually somewhere between 3 million to 11 million to one. I'm surprised how much the brand of the airline matter. If you travel with the top safest brands it's one in 19 million. If you go for a knockoff poor brand the statistic is one in 2.5 million.

im not sure although how much you make starting out depends on where you go, same for mechanics. i actively avoid talking to pilots other than to figure out whats wrong. generally they treat us like we're knuckle dragging retards. then when i light goes out they freak the fuck out. Last week i had a pilot who wanted to ground a plane because a nav light was out and was afraid that there was going to be a fire since we just changed the light 2 weeks before. muh #notall pilots i guess since there have been some real nice guys over the years but theres just been too much fighting over dumb shit for me to give a fuck about what they say anymore.

what an absolute badass