/wotg/

now that the dust has settled with "game of wieners" Let's start discussing what will be the disputed Yea Forums favorite fantasy show and why that's Wheel of Time.

Attached: wot.png (864x815, 684K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7mglnSQ3o8c
grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY
goodreads.com/book/show/32337902-age-of-sword
youtube.com/watch?v=tu6RXwSMc0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not going to be good.

So how cringy is the "I AM THE DRAGON REBORN" scene gonna be?

>directed and written by d & d

Attached: 1552283072682.jpg (249x249, 8K)

Wheel of Time gets a fake tv series made about it every few years so the rights to it aren't lost. The last one was a couple years ago and they aired it at like midnight or some shit just to renew the rights.

AHEM
*tugs braid and smooths skirt*
FUCK MEN

is that mickey mouse?

I'd rather have a Mistborn series.

You know what...now that I think about it --it's essentially going to be this.
It's going to be FUCK MEN the show.

I mean, properly adapted, it could be good

but lets face it

they gonna ruin it

t. future-salty-bookfag who has reread that shit maybe 5 times

Attached: 1522807057123.png (3518x1500, 313K)

>ywn have a chaperoned horse ride with a tsundere washboard
the weave is cruel

Attached: Fortuona Athaem Devi Paendrag.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Hopefully the inevitable GOT fatigue will help it get canceled before the first season is over.
Either way I'm not watching it and I hate the very idea this show exists.

>every male is retarded
>every woman is a manipulative cunt
how can this even get made in the year of our lord 2019?

Attached: 1557518310491.jpg (900x731, 162K)

Fuck fantasy and the subanimals that consume it

>>every male is retarded
struggling to think of a time Matt did something stupid

And without the internal monologues to to lessen them.

Don't worry though, the TV writers have listened to concerns about the way characters are treated and they're going to ensure that the series doesn't treat the women so badly.

Who the fuck can read any of the Wheel of Time and think "man, the women have it real bad here"?

Dresden Files plz

he got raped by the milf queen

Death is lighter that a feather, user
Please anhero

red-pill me on this
i don't like urban settings

The books were shit.
The show will be worse.

>struggling to think of a time Matt did something stupid
I don't, but Mat and Nynaeve are exceptions
>Who the fuck can read any of the Wheel of Time and think "man, the women have it real bad here"?
I mean if we consider Aes Sedai/channeling women than the seanchan invasion in the second book

He got flanderized hard in the last 2 books.

Most of the men are completely browbeaten/abused in the series though.

That was just a """pilot""" based on the prologue and they went to court because of that shit. It's actually happening now. Casting is underway and the showrunner just relocated to where the filming is going to start.

Male channelers get it worse. Being gentled literally causes you to give up living.

because they will manage to hook people in season 1 with idea of "matriarchy" where stronk women rule and are trusted with the right to use magic - assuming Moiraine is properly casted and written, might just be fine, and no early Rand reveals (though how to keep that secret when millions of ppl have read the book series)

only to slowly start revealing how they still need a man to save the world and how every top 10 strongest channeler and military mastermind/duellist/warrior is a man
and how, despite 3000 years of influencing the world and gaining power, wisdom and wealth, the Aes Sedai would rather do catfights and do the usual White Tower politics right when the world is about to end

I mean sure, but you can't exactly call the suldam system "nice"

>only to slowly start revealing how they still need a man to save the world and how every top 10 strongest channeler and military mastermind/duellist/warrior is a man
Pretty sure Nynaeve is like the second most powerful channeler by pure strength outside of Rand. Like when she gets over her block she completly nosells the mindcontroll of the Forsaken

In the second half of the series it definitely does portray the women as being stupid petty idiots and gives the men more agency.

Elaine never stops being unbareable though.

>"I did something monumentally stupid and cost thousands their lives, how dare you critisize me! Now excuse me, I'm going to do something even more stupid when heavily pregnant"

>everything about the power is a metaphor for sex
>every punishment is a thinly veiled bdsm fetish
>every ritual is just an excuse to get the women naked
>main character is such a fucking chad he gets a harem of women and his enemies sell their souls to satan because of pure butthurt
Jordan was fucking based.

at least the source material has a proper ending so they can't fuck it up that much

It's not nice but being a male channeler is beyond shitty and pretty much every country does terrible things to them.

They're going to cut the scene where Matt gets tired of their shit and spanks the Aes Sedai aren't they...

Haven't they already said this is going to be the most woke SJW show ever with all the actors being of mixed race? Like, I remember them saying they're trying to out-woke the Witcher TV series.

Attached: 3659356360.jpg (500x491, 60K)

That's where you are wrong kiddo

wheel of time books are an absolute fucking chore to read. every book, chapter, page, paragraph and line is some lore dump about some bullshit thats not even really relevant to the story which is also a bloated mess in its own right.

the book features magic fueled battled between puffed up giant sized telepathically projected representations of the main antagonist and protagonist like power rangers meets JoJo

the wheel of time is both too highbrow and also too childish and corny to have any mass appeal or any hope of a cult classic successful adaptation. it'll be Dark Tower tier at best.

>favorite fantasy
Elric = Malazan >>>>>>>>>> WoT

To be fair they actually do go insane and start murdering people left and right if left alone for too long.
That's after he accidentally marries Tuon or slightly beforehand, right?

>proper ending
Jordan left his shit unfinished.
They hired Brandon Sanderson to write a fanfic ending to the series.

The stupid thing is that there's already pretty varied races.

Bet we done get Amazonian redhead Aviendha though

Stormlight >>>> all

Not really, you probably saw anons fearmongering and thought they were being truthful. Sure, they have said that there is going to be diversity, but the WoT world actually IS diverse enough without netflixing any of the main cast. Plus the showrunner has confirmed that the whitest people in the entire setting will still be white (basically a bunch of irish gingers), which also confirms the main character will be white as well. His buddies will also be white, but with darker features. Think like, meds or southern europeans. The mc is lighter than them, but still similar enough that him being entirely unrelated to the area was a total shock to him.

>falling for bait this obvious

after he marries Tuon but before she marries him, when they're at the circus

I hope you are right. The butchering of The Witcher has probably made me a little bit gullible to shitposting, because if I didn't know better I would have thought the brownwashing of that show was just a joke.

wait till its finished, first 2 were great

Sanderson wrote his ending based on Jordan's notes. GRRM doesn't give a fuck, if he dies, the show ending is all we're gonna get.

youtube.com/watch?v=7mglnSQ3o8c

Don’t forget the part where rands harem is confirmed changed into polyamorous cuckoldry, where they are confirmed that they want brown all the characters up and where they want to put a higher focus on pillowfriends and other non traditional relationships. Not to mention changing characters endings to be less offensive to the whole crew.

Does amazon pay you to post here?

It will be an adaption of a fantasy series I (one day) write. Mark my words.

Nynaeve is not in top 10, maybe in top 20 known channelers, but cant remember exactly

1 - Rand/LTT final form (basically shaping reality at whim)
2 - Demandred with circle of 72 and capped to the maximum
3 - Moridin/Ishy when not being high as fuck on sa'a
4 - Rahvin when not too busy mindraping women
5 - Demandred without saangreal, then maybe Sammael + Logain + Taim
9 - Aginor/Dashiva when not egotripping
10 - Belal
11 - Balthamel
12 - Asmodean, who would be above Belal if he wasnt too lazy
12 - Narishma, not sure of final potential
13 - maybe Lanfear gets this high assuming maximum potency Saidar channeling (with the usual angreal trickery though higher)
14 - Semirhage when not too busy causing people to orgasm to death
15 - Alivia?
16 - Sharina potential?
17 - random seafolk girl potential
18 - Mesaana
19 - Graendal
20s - probably bunch of unnamed Ashaman before Nynaeve who might not even be in top 50

Attached: SJW Q&A.jpg (903x663, 232K)

Just started this, my dick is hard thinking about the potential

epic stuff

Attached: 1539184350642.jpg (981x902, 198K)

>His buddies will also be white, but with darker features.
>but with darker features.
in the book that means white with brown hair/eyes not Mediterranean/mutt american. also there's that screen show of the show writters word doc saying Andor is wonderfully diverse like modern america

Amazon is spending 1 billion on LOTR.

Early seasons of GoT were around 6 mil and episode, later seasons 10-15 mil.

I've just been following the news about this shit like a total fucking autist every day since before the show was even officially greenlit. That's pretty much the only "woke" thing that has been said about the ethnicities, but I'm not going to be optimistic before we get some actualy news about the casting. It's only a slight hope considering the shit that's the norm nowadays, but it's better than nothing.
>rands harem is confirmed changed into polyamorous cuckoldry, where they are confirmed that they want brown all the characters up and where they want to put a higher focus on pillowfriends and other non traditional relationships.
Stop lying you fucking nigger. Literally the only thing he said is that he is more interested in polyamory instead of polygamy and the most common interpretation is that his women will MAYBE fugg each other too. Fuckers like you are exactly why people get the idea that we have another Witcher coming up. Sure, it's less than ideal, but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be.

>9 - Aginor/Dashiva when not egotripping
Fairly sure Aginor was nothing special, his work with the shadowspan was his main purpose and role.

>20s - probably bunch of unnamed Ashaman before Nynaeve
iirc men are stronger that women as a base level so its probably all Ashaman unless stated they are weak

He stole that fucking dagger in literally the first book. Most retarded thing anyone did.

>changing Rand's harem
Booooooo. But seriously it's actually pretty integral to the plot! How will they manage it?

Attached: 1539187408428.png (595x141, 16K)

all the women will get side cock and ran will be ok with it

Matt was verging so hard on turning evil in the first book. I actually wonder if that was Jordan's original plan for the character.

If that's real then I'm out.
Rafe is already guilty of being a very tropey writer but if he goes the political path then WoT will break it's own leg before the race can even begin.

Attached: 1557199753755m.jpg (1024x643, 51K)

Attached: 1539165647497.png (720x1280, 222K)

Rand gets cucked.

Attached: 1539187471576.png (612x530, 65K)

It will be ruined by retards like The Witcher, Elric of Melniboné is our last hope

Attached: 14623645._SY540_.jpg (428x540, 37K)

>D&D
>Netflix
Is this supposed to be a joke?

Attached: 1539156016853.jpg (900x354, 33K)

what the fuck
is it literally a requirement to be a cuckold if you want to work in hollywood?

YEP, I'M OUT.
LAME.

Attached: 1556844411258.png (194x192, 108K)

>mfw Rand makes the Aes Sedai kneel
>mfw Mat spanks Aes Sedai for talking back
>mfw Logain bonds Aes Sedai against their will
>mfw the Seanchan absolutely BTFO Egwene, and half the White Tower
>mfw the Dragon will be reborn again and again, as he has been for eternities past, and will be for ever and ever, simply to give the eternal pimp slap to female channelers

Attached: 1557400711613.png (657x527, 35K)

>The Wheel of Time is notable for its length, detailed imaginary world, well-developed magic system, and large cast of characters.

So in other words this is some autistic Tolkien rip off that's too long and has a shit ton of fake words to describe all the fake places and cliche characters. "And so it was that Aisha, 4th Calderack of the Plinnomi, set on her Feddo steed and travelled forty gumpshos to H'y'derra to meet the Yorder knights, keepers of the Gweqqo Flame."

I swear you people haven't actually read the books.
It was a literal plot point how insanely high Nynaeve was in terms of power, so much that most Forsaken couldn't do shit to her.

He has said that he wants more LGBT "representation" and that the harem might be more polyamorous than polygamy, you do the math. I just hope they don't make Elayne and Avi fuck each other because it would undermine the entire becoming first sisters subplot.

YAAASSSS

Attached: 1515480305865.jpg (1200x800, 205K)

Rand will be played by Tessa Thompson

Attached: 03-tessa-thompson.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 146K)

How come modern writers aren't able to separate reality from fiction and think everything written in a book is supposed to be a political propaganda and not just you know, actual interesting nuanced writing?

Sorta, but it has it's highpoints. Rand is an extremely interesting character throughout the entire 14 book series for instance.

I better start reading the books or else...

you can skip a bunch of them in the middle of the series where literally nothing happens

>skipping Mat chapters
Actual Heresy

They're not wrong. Their world is implied to be both our future (the stories of the giants Merk and Mosk flinging spears of fire at each other) and our past (the main characters essentially making up the Norse pantheon, Perrin forging Mjolnir). An age far past, an age yet to come.

If I was in charge, and my one rule was no harems, I guess I'd change Min into a friend/unrequited lover of Rand's, Elayne would be the main girl and win the Rand bowl, but Aviendha would be in a love triangle with her and Rand for most of the show, with Rand basically being Archie, unable to decide between Betty and Veronica until the very end.

Yes they are. There are distinct racial differences in each country, not a mix of all people and everyone a different shade of brown.

That's some prime shit taste user.
Removing the best part of the harem and making the worst girl win.
Discounting Egwene obviously

It took me a year, not because I'm a slow reader, but because there would literally be a thousand page book where nothing happens until the last chapter, and I really do mean nothing.

What's a good fantasy book series for someone who doesn't like fantasy books?

Who will they make black?

Has Amazon made a single good show? I thought American Gods would be good but it is boring as hell and everything else they make is just shit.

Imagine when Lews Therin used to be a woman in the tv show. So powerful. So brave.

Yeah, I was also of the opinion that Min>Avi>Elayne, but that would keep it normie-friendly and sorta close to how it ends in the books, sans Avi getting impregnated. I actually forget if Min gets impregnated too.

A song of Ice and Fire

Tuon and Furyk Kadere

I think Min is literally the only one that's not confirmed because she can't look into her own future.

She was dwarfed in power by lots of the 'new' Aes Sedai discovered.

What she had was skill at weaves, not the power of them.

It's both. There are countries and areas that are more homogenous but then there are also Tar Valon and some other places with major trade nodes for example which have more of the meme diversity. And then there's Seanchan which is even more random than current America.

The Tick was good.

And now it's cancelled.

Most stuff Sanderson writes

>Amazon is spending 1 billion on LOTR.
Why the fuck is someone remaking something that was already done so perfectly? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

Nyn is among the top female channelers for sure, but there are a couple of exceptions that beat her in raw power revealed in the latter books, like Alivia and some other new novices they discovered. IIRC there was some granny with insane potential or something like that.

She was beaten by exactly two, the ~120 year old wise woman they picked up in some village. And one damane.
Her problem was that she had a channeling block so she could cast when mad

For the millionth time they are not remaking the trilogy. It's going to be fanfiction set in the second age.

Discworld.

Try reading Small Gods, Pyramids or Moving Pictures.

Bridge of Birds and sequels.

I wish there were more fantasy books that took inspiration from outside the whole "copy paste European middle ages + magic" bubble so many fall into.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (286x464, 96K)

As long as Moiraine and Nynaeve are top tier waifus i'll be happy.

As long as the breasts sizes are kept accurate you mean.

The fuck. Why not Malazan book of Fallen?

>all these Malazan faggots
pls go

Too grandiose and too complex for plebs

>It was a literal plot point how insanely high Nynaeve was in terms of power, so much that most Forsaken couldn't do shit to her.
unless thats in the very last book you wrong, currently rereading and at the end of ToM, the only Forsaken shes gone toe to toe with was Moghedien(the weakest). wiki has her at power level 4(+9) which is lower than Graendal

Are there and good single book fantasy worth reading? I want a fantasy book to read but not a series of 10 800 page or more bucks.

Not doable in life action and probably not doable in animation on account of the storylines and the massive cast.

Isn't there a Black Company show on the works?

Half the principal cast will be niggers.

>starts production in fall 2019
So we won't get season one till fall 2020? What do we do in the meantime?

impossible to do live action

Shitpost about the casting choices when they start dropping and convince each other that it's going to be pozzed.

cross pollination bitch. also everyone should read Prince of Nothing

I'm in

We'll also post about the milkers and lament the fact they won't be able to cast every woman as G cup or bigger.

the book of the new sun is 4 small books. sanderson has done some stand alone novels, check out war breaker, it has a god king full of people souls in a country where souls are used as magic and people sell/trade there own

How many books are there?

>it has a god king full of people souls in a country where souls are used as magic and people sell/trade there own
Sounds like Pillars of Eternity, might check it out.

Too many but you could leave out half of them and not even notice.

There are 14 books and a prequel novel. Books 8-10 can be a bit slow but it helps a fuckton that you don't need to wait for the next one and can just power through.

About 15 I think,all around 800-1000 pages.

There are 14 books, 15 if you count the prequel novel

Attached: moiraine molesting nynaeve.jpg (800x1000, 697K)

then why even use the wot name if you're going to change it

This is going to be made into garbage, the writers are going to shoehorn in sjw messages like you wouldn’t belive. Especially after GoT ended and sjws feel like it shat all over them.

>4,410,036 words

Attached: 6mup3y3ophd21.png (646x595, 269K)

Settings are relatively varied across the books, you do have to deal with it happening in common era/with references to things in reality.
Initial plausibility of the story goes off the rails in later books as characters "level up".
Varied villians are pretty great overall, quality of books is very high on average - only about 2 books that suck (fool moon and ghost stories imo)

>are you sure this is part of my Aes Sedai training, lady Moiraine?

Could you imagine the reaction to a Prince of nothing adaptation?

Nyn would never be that polite to Moiraine. A more plausible scenario is Moiraine teasing her about her ability to please Lan when they marry.

There's literally a book that is just 30 minutes surrounding an event in the previous one. You can skip it and not miss a single important plot point.

Only Mat and Perrin have plots worth following. Fight me.

WoT isn't very good on it's own and will make a boring show

t. GRRM

Crossroads of Twilight is high art

It could be glorious

Attached: 301538.jpg (318x465, 29K)

Mat and Rand. Perrin got boring because of muhwife until the end when he truly embraces being the dreamchad and dabs on Egwene.

>Moiraine will never tenderly straddle you then use her weave that makes her look like a giant

Why even live?

Faile a shit

The third to last was him acting like a completely different character. The final two he was closer to himself

There's a chart on one of the WoT wikis with power levels. Most of the male Forsaken are more powerful than the women, with the weakest being about equal to Nynaeve.

Lanfear is two or three steps more powerful than Nyaeve, and the only modern woman as powerful as her is that one former Damane that follows Rand around.
Mat's sister is potentially the same power level as Nynaeve but completely untrained.

Egwene back at the tower was fun.

>mfw this what I thought about while reading that part in the first book

Attached: article-2324723-199C874E000005DC-591_634x455.jpg (634x455, 41K)

Did you know that Gurm wrote a fanfic where his characters beat Rand in battle? There was also a scene where Tyrion smugly explains how the Creator of the WoT universe is just a human writer in GoT.

they could never do it, its therefore safe from the sjw parasites

Lel, SEETHING George

>Perrin following Faile around like a whipped bitch
Hard fucking pass.

>be cadsuane
>do nothing
>everyone worships you
>do more nothing
>piss of rand so much he has to take a vacation to sort himself out
>act like that was your plan the whole time
>become queen of the witches

how does anyone like this character? Such a waste of time.

Easily the biggest weakness of WoT, aside from the writing of the female characters, is the terrible terrible political writing.

Did anyone enjoy the succession war?

Part of the appeal of the series is the heavy cultural flavoring of the countries instead of just being Not-America or Not-England.

I wouldn't have a problem with dark skinned characters as long as they're Seachan, Tairens, Seafolk, or Murandians.

spanking is a top tier fetish

Robert Jordan dying is why I never read a song of ice and fire. 20 years ago I thought that fat fuck would die before bothering to finish it.

>Diverse and beautiful like future America.jpg

I just wish I could reliably remember all the cities properly. Always took me descriptions or naming the characters currently there to remind me which city was which.

Way too many locations.

grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html

>did anyone enjoy the bratty princess character getting literally everything she's ever wanted and more for no reason?

No. No one enjoyed that.

At least he released the books one after the other unlike George. Fucking 8 years of writing TWoW and he still hasn't finished it.

they were fans of each others work. iirc there are quite a few cross over names and ideas, i think there's a horse or girl named Bela in asoiaf

wow what a loser

Because everything has to be propaganda nowadays. How else would you manipulate the goy?
youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY

Attached: 1556672215602.jpg (707x682, 81K)

I enjoyed it way more during a reread after getting into ck2. The bullshit with succession, factions and mercenaries felt way more real.

Is it worth reading the books at all?

>Let's start discussing what will be the disputed Yea Forums favorite fantasy show

It's gonna be the Witcher. At least the books have ended.

>Perrin
I like him, but he waited like two books to go free his captured wife, and was a miserable autist the whole time. That section alone drops him below based Matt "Making bitches wet with strategy" Cauthon and Rand "I will literally incinerate you in all timelines with balefire" Al'Thor

Yeah. There's some annoying bullshit as well, but the payoff scenes are fucking incredible.

Fuck sake.

They have the same problem but at a different scale, that is Jordan and Martin both resorted to ballooning tertiary shit to deal with their writers block. Ultimately that didn't take WoT anywhere.
Even though Martin has only shit out 2 books since I decided not to read them unless he proved me wrong he did the same thing: introduced more pov characters so he didn't have to deal with writers block or his own difficulty consolidating complex, preexisting story threads.
Same shit, different scale.

Seasons 1 and 2 of Man in the High Castle, especially the bits without Julia.

Too much gratuitous naughtiness in there to be adaptable for either tv or cinema. I don't think yo can raise the kind of budget for something like Po(r)N when your movie can't be aimed at the general audience. Remember the blowjob raven?

If you like fantasy, yes. Much better than GoT.

considering most threads in Yea Forums are clusterfucks of awful and hating on whatever the topic is YET WoT threads are always fun and loving of the source material. that should tell you something

Whenever Mat is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "where's Mat"?

Attached: Mat.jpg (520x650, 110K)

Bayle Domon perhaps, then they can have him black Shipless.

Cadsuane was basically tell don't show the character. Everyone treated her like a force of nature, but all she ever did was act like your prim aunt who really likes manners.

>beautiful

Attached: 1522505244390.jpg (625x549, 71K)

The difference is that even though Jordan kept adding extra filler in between, he had the entire story more or less planned out since the beginning and he always knew where he was going with it. Gurm on the other hand wrote himself into a corner with his le ebin twists and can't salvage his own mess anymore.

Perrin was cool until Faile happened. His POV chapters went to shit after that.

>master musician
>handsome
>incredibly witty
>able to recall thousands of songs and poems
>super intelligent
>one of the most powerful magicians ever known
>skilled ranger
>only outsider to master a secret martial art
>invents a literal forcefield and makes a fortune from it.
>is so skilled at sex, he leaves a legendary sex demon whom no man can match in bed, thirsting for more

Who's ready for the bestest character ever to get an adaption with Sam Raimi producing?

Attached: giselle-almeida-kvothe-cor-final.jpg (1920x2716, 1023K)

He'll be a nigger or gay or both.

Probably a woman as well.

I've been wanting to see some fucking Dumai's Wells for ages, it could be amazing if done right.

yes. Keep in mind it has it's ups and downs. Some of books are a snorefest.

Mr Robot, Sneaky Pete and a few others. It all depends on who is making it really, if they wan't it to be good they better have a big budget for it. I have a feeling most of the money will be going to LoTR though.

Where's the embroidery?

Martin's tripe crossover fight doesn't read like the work of a fan.

That was an alpha move.

This series looks cringe. Is it any good?

Attached: 1556422187844.jpg (533x800, 126K)

fair enough, will give it a go when I get done with latest Mark Lawrence trilogy

Based mat poster

Yes, they're excellent imo

Fuck off Tylin. Mat's not a bloody lord.

>Jaime briefly considered what his own life might be like if he'd had three sisters instead of just one. He almost felt sorry for this Rand al'Thor. One Cersei was more than any man should need to deal with.

absolutely based. Sure it's fun now when they are all happily sharing you and the end of the world is right around the corner but imagine winningand instead of becoming a god and going on a walkabout he had to live with 3 women and you're the only husband.

For you incels, imagine having 3 moms constantly telling you what to do with no other outlet

>switching
>bondage
>slave collars
>subjugated women
RJ had absolutely based fetishes

I dropped the second book halfway through. Could stand this fucking Gary Stu anymore.

They have the warder bond though, he can literally fuck them into a quivering mess due to the pleasure feedback loop.

absolutely not. They are long and go through incredibly bland stretches and then they are finished by a guy who hates half the characters and doesn't understand the other half. Seriously, ignore anyone that tells you to read a 14 book series.

One simple change could salvage that trailer. Make Kane an arrogant cunt who thinks the suit will be perfect when it's made to suit her, instead of making her yet another political mouthpiece for some California twat.

I see most fantasy books as simply entertainment and escapism. I was sort of looking for something fantasy related appealing to someone more interested in classic literature, even though I don't know what that is. I'll probably read Book of the New Sun.

He is the Chris Claremont of fantasy, no question.

To be fair, Cadsuane also gave us the single most kino Darth Rand scene where he asks her if he could just make her die by chance.

time to start reading i guess

They start off as LOTR lite but after a couple of books the story widens out and it becomes good in its own right.

You have to grin and bare the writing of the female characters though. Most of them are really really difficulty to like for the first 7-8 books until they start getting punished for their actions and the men start standing up for themselves.

Elaine is terrible for the whole series though.

yet out of here with that The Kingcuck Chronicle shit

Don't go wandering off alone in Caemlyn, Asmodean.

Don't forget that Egwene literally takes over the Tower by getting spanked 24/7 and learning to enjoy it.

now that's some braindead logic

why didnt they just balefire the dark one lmao

Attached: thinkin.gif (504x504, 765K)

Literally all bullshit women try to pull can be traced back to not getting enough good dickings. Prove me wrong.

Thats not a big deal to shoot, the trouble would be cgi’ing the human head onto it. That costs money. The over the top fucking is actually about par for the course for HBO. Just cut to black like how it happened in the book.

>Every fantasy is medieval-esque
>Very little if any ancient era-esque fantasy
Does anyone know of any? I'm a sucker for the Classical era.

Well they make that joke several times in the books

WoT is more renaissance than medieval though.

They invent the train towards the end of the series, it's not really medieval

I'm actually brainstorming a Bronze Age fantasy story at the moment. I doubt it'll go anywhere though.

>Nynaeve chills waaaaay out once Lan starts railing her with the all might of the Borderlands

It's true and indisputable

If you're after books that stand out for their wordcraft, try the Kingkiller Chronicles.

The MC is a Gary Stu who is literally perfect and it uses some cliches a few too many times ("If you haven't held an instrument, I can't describe it to you, if you have, I don't need to") but it very nicely written and the world is extremely well realized.

Book 3 never

That was incredibly satisfying

Her block is gone by the time both of those characters show up. She's also beaten by at least one of the Sea folk apprentices.

To be fair she also broke her block before they got married so she doesn't need to be angry to channel anymore, but I'm sure the nightly mating press helped too. Remember that they had a seafolk wedding which means that Lan has all the power behind closed doors.

>mfw

Attached: E1663342-7F29-41D0-A777-39F5002E85D7.gif (245x321, 978K)

Pyramids by Terry Pratchett is about a guy from an anachronistic 1800s not-London going to ancient not-Egypt.

If you're a fan of Egyptian mythology you'll get a kick out of it.

This.

There are quite a few renaissance fantasy books. Only ancient age fantasy I know of is the Legend of the first Empire series goodreads.com/book/show/32337902-age-of-sword

Sort of a mix between ancient Rome/Greece and Saxon England.

Robert would never allow this.
Wot is a pretty feminist series as in no need to go further.
Also why do people need to assume our cultural views should be the same as a made up universe?

And she's even a dyke!
Now this is progressiveness!

You have plenty of time. We aren't going to get season 1 for at least 18 months.

So user, would you be Nae'blis?

Someone posted an excerpt about how the MC is a cuck who doesn't care if his crush gets dicked daily as long as he makes her laugh. I'm sure it's a good series, but I don't have any interest in it after that first impression. Also, beautiful prose isn't that important to me, I find it hard to describe what I'm looking for.

Arthurian books done properly are dark age post-Roman kino.

Not sure what the best version is though, I always hear Crystal Caverns was a good adaptation.

I'm not (((Chosen))), so no.

Bros, who is the best bro and why is it Birgitte?
>you will never get shitfaced with her
>you will never wingman her and introduce her to the ugliest and roughest motherfucker in your band
>she will never wingman you and get you all of the hottest chubby tavern maids with big asses
>you will never sing songs in the old tongue and dance on the tables
It hurts, bros.

Attached: sadfrog despair.png (412x351, 78K)

I haven't read it myself, but I hear his crush is a literal whore too.

Attached: 1541906938675.jpg (2448x3264, 779K)

I wouldn't be a darkfriend in the first place because I'm not a fucking idiot.

Imagine getting drunk with Birgitte while Elayne is taking the Dragon's dick and she can't shut off the bond so she's getting all flustered haha.

>men just die

Rand gets locked in a small box in the middle of summer for weeks, only let out to be tortured.

Matt gets raped every night for around a month.

Men who can channel get a fate worse than death being stilled.

Flustered Birgitte is cute. CUTE!

Vlad Taltos series.

But the Forsaken women get raped, user! Raped! Don't you know how much worse than death rape is?
Ignoring the shit that Bors went through too.

youtube.com/watch?v=tu6RXwSMc0I

Attached: 1343961539007.png (209x215, 2K)

Why do people always post this and not the male-mothers part? The male-mothers part is a whole different level of cringe.

Care to share?

Birgitte Best Bloke. another thing the show will fuck up, i guarantee you she'll be the standard bitchy cunt that every stronk wymin is

I feel like it's too late to capitalize on GoT, for WoT and other fantasy shows everyone is now trying to create. They should've been there while GoT was going to shit because I suspect most of its viewers are not REALLY into fantasy as such. They were watching GoT because it became such a popular thing.

Attached: bad poosy.jpg (414x514, 24K)

>she will never make the female aes sedia grovel for forgiveness when she discovers how big a bitch they'd been to you.

I still wish Elaine got more shit for how terrible she was for the whole series though. Everything just kept magically turning out well for her, no matter how stupid she was.

I spat water at my monitor good job user.

>Just cut to black like how it happened in the book.

I think you meant to say "Just cut to black sperm like how it happened in the book." Well, who knows. I'm not up to date on today's standards for on screen depravity, so if it's acceptable these days, then, why not? Bonus points for not being a standard Tolkien-esque sorta-medieval-but-not world.

/tg/ here, I'm a player in a Wheel of Time RPG.
The guy who is running it has read all the books, but neither I nor the other player know anything about it, and he's advised us not to look things up so we can learn as we go.

What kind of character should I play? Are there any secrets I can exploit? Is the sword of ultimate power buried in a particular spot that I could 'coincidentally' go digging in?

Haven't got it (listened to it on audio book). Not sure I'd do it justice doing it from memory.

It's even worse when you realise that you're actually listening to the author's opinion.

running joke that he was being paid by the word exists for a reason

Anyone here know just how much the showrunner can control the end product? I'm not too familiar with western TV because I'm a weeb fuck. I know that he won't write or direct all of the episodes at least, but can he tell them to do what he says instead of just giving them guidelines, for example? The only reason I'm holding onto a slight hope that this might not be 100% SJW garbage is that they seem to be mostly hiring turbofans and despite the SJW shit Rafe has said in the Q&A no one in the production seems to be the virtue signaling type who push politics everywhere without being asked. The more actual fans there are in the production the more I feel they'll just stick to the source material. At least that's what I hope.

Damn user I typed out a couple of paragraphs badly trying to say what you've said here. Spot on.

Everyone's flinging shit at the wall and hoping that they will be the next GoT

Even fucking Weaveworld is apparently getting an adaptation

Well this is spoiler city user, you might not want to stay ITT.
I guess you want to be a Green Ajah female Aes Sedai, with as many warders as you can have.

Play one of those slave collar channelers and take some other players as your slave and have yuri bdsm sex with them.

the what now

>entire 14 book series
Good lord, why? Those better be 200 page books.

Attached: miguel-vasquez-892.jpg (400x400, 43K)

Nope, they're pretty big
I wish I could read them again for the first time

Is it happening in the time of the books? You could go to the aiel waste and Rhuidean and find a big cache of magic items including keys to the largest magic enhancers in the world. A good reason to go there is to find more about the traveling people or Aiel wise ones if you know about them at all.

A cool character to play would be a Gleeman, which is like a pro-bard but with no magic. Really good at tumbling, judging, politics, spying, dagger throwing etc.

Let me pretend there's still a chance.

Attached: 1387839920565.jpg (516x531, 43K)

Any particular reason, or are green ajah just the most privileged faction?
Last session I played a Seanchan strategist while the other player played a wilder female, and I ended up getting her collared. So I'm halfway there. Don't like yuri though.

>Those better be 200 page books.

Attached: LUL.gif (480x250, 491K)

Aes Sedai and their warders are magically bonded to each other which gives them pseudo telepathy and some physical buffs. Basically they can feel each other's emotions and if they are feeling pain etc. and they have a rough idea about the whereabouts of the other. Rand gets bonded with his harem which means that each time they fuck the pleasure gets shared between them, but since they are both doing the fucking it's just going to keep feeding itself and the pleasure is going to keep increasing.

i've wanted to read this for a long time but knowing he never finished it has prevented me from doing so. is it worth it?

>Are there any secrets I can exploit?
if you want to use magic and be male you'll go insane, no way around this. or have magical anime battles in the dream world as a furry
>Is the sword of ultimate power buried in a particular spot that I could 'coincidentally' go digging in?
yes its in the city Tear but only the Dragon reborn can get it and it requires 3 people to use

>Patchwork cloak: +5 throwing knives

Warder bond means you can feel what the other person is feeling to some extent (and a lot of other stuff). So their orgasm would feel good for you, which would feel good for them, etc. etc.

user doenst know its 1000 + bible each.

Greens are the battle Ajah, should be able to deal the most damage especially with lots of warders
I don't know the game though, I could be totally wrong

Which timerame is the campaign set in? Because there's one big fucking happening at the end of book 9 which significantly affects certain players.

>Gal Gadot for Berelain
I thought the Michael C Hall casting was bad, and then there's that. Why are fans so retarded when it comes to casting?

He wrote most of the final book, it's very much his story user. The ending is one of the best parts.

>Is it happening in the time of the books?
I think so, but I'm not certain. The Seanchan invasion has just begun and we're about to land and start conquering territory. I oversaw a first contact naval encounter last session. There was also a big explosion in a major city elsewhere and a bunch of Trollocs are running around?
>A cool character to play would be a Gleeman
We're each playing multiple characters in different parts of the world, and while my first character was a footpad, the other player went with gleeman and his character's been pretty fun. He integrates himself into world events purely so that he can get inspiration for his stories and songs.

wild

I wish it was an animated series so they don't have to worry about budget. Then again I don't trust modern US animation to do anything right.

Attached: 1527023165206.png (2500x642, 1.21M)

YOU SEE ME NOW A VETERAN OF A THOUSAND PSYCHIC WARS
I'VE BEEN LIVING ON THE EDGE SO LONG

WHERE THE WINDS OF LIMBO ROAR.

ELRIC
FUCKING
NOW!

Sanderson did a good enough job. He got some characterization wrong and there were some character subplots that ended a bit abruptly, but all in all it was a satisfying conclusion.

Show runners have to pitch their shows to the execs and get the budget given to them.

They have control over writing, direction, etc. but they can be overuled or given instructions by the execs ("feedback says people really like the Avienda sauna scenes") . If they're successful they'll get increasing authority, if they're not they'll get booted and replaced.

The female characters are really tough going at points in the first half of the series, hard to see them going any further than that and not alienating huge numbers of viewers.

If you're part of the Seanchan I'd say do so you can capture enemy casters and basically mind break them. Or be a Raken scout and you get what's essentially a small wyvern for scouting and stuff.

The final books emulate his style really well. Aside from a shift in how Matt is written and fewer descriptions of clothing, you'd be extremely hard pressed to not realise it's by the original author of the series.

>Here's you anime bro

Attached: calarts_wheel_of_time.jpg (1024x634, 239K)

The problem is GoT was 90% people talking in a room. I don't think you can do that with WoT.

Right now, my Seanchan character is a commoner girl who was promoted to Lowblood because she has a prodigal intellect and turned out to be an excellent strategist. I seem to be the direct subordinate of Lord Turak, who I'm vaguely aware is a named and important character in the books.
The thing is, I've heard in vague terms that Seanchan loses the war and gets pushed back.
how can i make sure we win because the gm said we may end up altering book events

You just reminded me of that cringy kung fu matriarchy and now I want to die. Kvothe should have stayed at the school scrounging for tuition.

Yeah you definitely don't want to be a male channeler at this point and I doubt your DM would let you play as someone of the Blood, so go with a sul'dam. And yeah, gleemen are fucking based. They are pretty much bards and rogues rolled into one.

>red eyes

You had one job to do...

>An ancient evil has risen

Attached: 1318522139426.jpg (640x427, 114K)

Is Sophie balding or did someone edit her bald spot to make it look much worse?

>Battle Ajah
top kek

maybe i'll give it a shot then. thanks lads.

>how can i make sure we win because the gm said we may end up altering book events

Good luck with that one. Keep on the lookout for a large chest.

Attached: pepe_laugh.jpg (399x385, 29K)

NotW is just an incredibly cringey series.

My footpad character has become best friends with a male channeller who is starting to zone out and shit. Am I going to have to put my bro down?

A large treasure chest or a large bust? This is important, user. If it's the latter then I can execute all tittymonsters on sight. My character is flat as a board so I can handwave it as breast envy.

How much do you know about male channelers? Yeah, he's going to go insane and there's nothing you can do.

Reminder: it's the only argument that Kvothe ever loses.

>the book never once explains why women are better at this martial art than men

That also bugged me but not as much as the male mothers.

>you never had a hot amazonian teacher who casually fucks you to help you pay attention.

>If it's the latter then I can execute all tittymonsters on sight
Bloody ashes, there's a genocidal Seanchan sul'dam on the loose in Randland!

Your footpad character is going to have a bad time, I'd suggest you make a beeline for the nearest Stedding.

At this point of the story user has to be referring to a treasure chest. If you see it, do everything you can to claim it and its contents.