User-kun why didn't you go see my movie...

>user-kun why didn't you go see my movie. I could really use the box office numbers to get a over/under of 12% with 1% of domestic profits, I hope you'll support me user

Attached: D6-0BycU8AUnT43.jpg (744x418, 47K)

No sexy Pokegirls.

Attached: 55516994_p0.jpg (1450x1873, 834K)

I just noticed it's broken almost 290 million in the last two days, what the fuck happened? For a second there I wasn't even sure if it was going to cover its own losses.

150 million budget. probably another 150 for marketing based on how much I saw it. They would need 300 just to break even. Then factoring in other industry stuff like you get a small cut of international revenue it's obviously got a ways to go

>why didn't you go see my movie
I have no attachment to Pokemon or Ryan Reynolds.

the movie is not even about the pokemon lol, they are just set dressing and a big franchise to attach to the name

shhh pokemans are sleeping

Attached: pokenap.jpg (1999x1333, 1.46M)

your faggot post doesn't work when pikachu sounds like deadpool
Also, I didn't see it because I don't give a shit about this trash movie

I supported you, little buddy. You made a fine movie.

Because Yea Forums told me it was going to make a billion

I said "to Pokemon" meaning the games, the manga, the anime, everything... not the actual creatures themselves. It never had any place in my life.

And a kid-friendly Deadpool doesn't really sound appealing.

Suck it pikachu

Attached: 1530979445502.png (800x337, 401K)

That’s what you get for casting an ugly mutt.

Because you're not Paddington.

Attached: Paddington 2.jpg (1013x1500, 373K)

cute post more cute

Fuck this made me uwu

Paddington 2 is God’s gift to man though

I can't be the only one who disliked that movie

Because you misjudged the amount of nostalgia 20-somethings have for childhood characters. Sure, playing Pokemon Gold still makes me pretty emotional but I don't give a shit about seeing some Deadpool tier crap film just because Pikachu is in it.

It was aggressively fine. They don't utilize the setting they've so clearly put love and effort into bringing to life, instead making the most bog-standard cliche-ridden bullshit you can think of.

I saw it twice but I didn't pay either of those times.

God Bless.

You might be, idk.

the same british vfx company did they visuals for both films too. the script hurt pikachu.

because I found out the dad was the pikachu the whole time and instantly stopped giving a shit

Talking animal movies have become too over-saturated

>using uwu in 2019

Attached: 1558285747057.jpg (512x512, 37K)

user-kun I pwomiss tu be extwa extwa guwd in mai nwext mwovee if u see mai mwovee Detwectwive Pweakachu. Pwetty Pwease? uwu

Attached: D6-0A4TUcAAKuPS.jpg (744x418, 86K)

is marketing spending not included in budget figures? holy shit what a flop

>probably another 150 for marketing based on how much I saw it.
You didn't saw shit user, the movie doesn't have a marketing budget of that side, for fucks sake detective pikachu isn't even a WB movie, the 150 figure includes the marketing. Legendary didn't market it that much, its a CHINESE company. with WB just doing the distribution in a few markets

LMAO at adults going to see a movie where all the dialog is essentially.

>"pika"
>"yo pickachu lets solve the mystery"
>'pika pee"

It is, that user is a retard

Here's another

Attached: Pankoujou1497918662.jpg (2000x1333, 1.49M)

Ryan Reynolds is the voice of Pikachu, and hes just Deadpool more or less. Id rather it have just been Pikachu saying Pikapi the whole time. It would have required that they be more clever

Budget entails anything that requires making the actual movie. Directors, actors, set design, costume design, catering, camera operators, CGI etc etc (also fun fact a lot of movies have a designated cocaine budget built in for buying cocaine)

Marketing is buying up commercial spots on tv, billboards, ads on the sides of buses, print ads, ads on youtube and all other digital platforms, etc etc anything that gets the word out that a movie is happening. Though thanks to social media it's become essentially free advertising where all you need to do is buy up some bot accounts and have a team meant to influence things and get it to go viral.

Some example of viral marketing you've seen recently 1. Sonic the Hedgehog. He was never going to look that bad they only did it for the trailer so people would get angry at the CGI and angry share the picture with memes. This is called outrage marketing. 2. Aladdin released with unfinished CGI, again meant to share something in rage 3. Gillette ad meant to get you angry and make memes about it making it go viral. We call it the Kim Kardasian effect 4. Batwoman trailer meant to piss you off so you anger share it. These things are all heightened by bot accounts the company own that can push the narrative in the direction they want on reddit and such

Pokemon sucks.
The cartoon was shit and the games are for autistic faggots.

>Paddington 2 after a year
Domestic: $40,891,591 18.0%
+ Foreign: $186,440,347 82.0%
= Worldwide: $227,331,938

>Detective Pikachu after a week
Domestic: $94,001,846 32.7%
+ Foreign: $193,400,000 67.3%
= Worldwide: $287,401,846

Furries use it every day along with OwO.

my girlfriend does it but she's autistic.

>They would need 300 just to break even
lmao. The theatres take a cut of the the earnings, i forget the percentage, i think its around 20% and apparently that gets higher the longer the films runs for. International theaters take a higher cut too

>paddington 2
Soul.

>detective pikachu
Soulless.

I did, wasnt as bad as people say it was

Fix the dialogue, new main character and give the thot better lines and youve got a 8-9/10 on your hands

>it want that bad
>just change everything bro

Would more people watch this if Pikachu was a cute girl?

Attached: pikachu_girl_by_shihonrainbow-d53yu1n.png.jpg (813x982, 134K)

>dialogue, an actor, and some lines is everything
Retard kun, please

>paddington 2
Soulless.

>Grizzly Man
Soul.

>Paddington 2
Soulless

>The Country Bears
Soul

i remember watching a sin video where girls dressed up in pokemon clothes

>Deadpool Pikachu
>nigger lead so it does badly in Asia too
what were they thinking?

>user-kun why didn't you go see my movie
Why are you hanging out with a black, Pikachu? That's why I didn't see it.

I dunno why they didn't go for a white protag and also why they didn't go for more pokemon battles

he's mixed

Attached: justice_smith.jpg (1296x730, 449K)

Gamefreak is just testing the cinema waters. Perhaps their next movie will have some real shit happening.

I did.
I expected a comedy and instead got some retarded drama about a kid with a dead mommy and daddy issues that took itself seriously and tried to make me give half a fuck about the characters or the cliche plot.
In the end the only moment where I burst out laughing was when the kid is in his room and he has flashback of his failed Pokemon trainer past. The fact that they expected me to actually feel sad because he couldn't be a fucking Pokemon trainer and that that was part of his tragic backstory was so stupid it became outright hilarious.
Should have been Deadpool: Pokemon edition instead of this pseudo-detective drama shit.

A single drop of African blood and you're a dindu to me.

>pokeshit
>in 2019

>watching Pokémon movies as an adult

Attached: 1503722215170.jpg (253x339, 40K)

someone is paying for the marketing. doesn't matter where the money comes from

Wait a minute...

>doesn't matter where the money comes from
Yes it does, becuase if it was a WB movie they would may go for the retarded 150m marketing that retard claims, legendary, and smaller studios don't do that and can't do that, the budget of the movie includes the marketing,