$2.62 billion

>$2.62 billion

I-it's gonna slow down right?

Attached: 1521806956117.png (640x480, 167K)

There's still a gap of about $170 mil there. If Endgame's playing all summer it may well get there, but it's hard to tell and by no means a certainty.

endgame already beat avatar.

>He doesn't know

not adjusted for inflation
took 22 capeshits and 10 years to even approach a new IP. nothing to be proud of.

Attached: 1526386572289.png (1543x1360, 395K)

I like this because absolutely no one, no matter how contrarian, will defend Avatar as a better movie. I don't even like capeshit but i still think Endgame is more deserving of being number 1

Endgame is a pretty terrible movie, Infinity War is much better even though it didn't make as much

Still beat it.

Attached: 38D88987-12E1-4718-89D2-A567E0FC7F66.jpg (582x500, 43K)

>avatar is #1 because inflation
>gwtw isn't #1 because uhhhh
cope

THis is waht i dont get, how can they even compare, it takes them 10 years of films to get people hyped and cant even beat one film made by a based republican.

Infinity war was much better than Endgame, and that's just comparing it to other marvel films. I've never seen avatar, but I sincerely don't think Endgame was really that great.

Not globally. Even with all the new chink theaters

>New IP is forgettable and rehashed "don't be racist/imperialist" plot we've been getting since the 50s, with glossy overhyped 3d IMAX technology that was only impressive in 2009.
>Capeshit managed to create a media empire and a social phenomenon out of silly comic book doodles. Not to mention they're actually memorable movies
Stop embarrassing yourself

Attached: 1557687453063.jpg (457x546, 51K)

avatar's cg and 3d are still better than basically any other movie since, whatever its other failings were

REMINDER THAT IF YOU ADJUST FOR INFLATION THAT AVATAR IS NOT THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF ALL TIME

>avatar gets beaten by endgame
>B-but inflation

Attached: BE8F6A4C-6FC2-435D-BA8C-0B133E596835.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

It literally didn't

Domestically it certainly did. Chinks and pajeets begone.

>endgame made 2.5bil in 20 days
>took avatar 72 days
RIP jamie

B-B-B-BUT MUH HOME VIDEOS

?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-20 All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses.png (878x672, 50K)

psssst!

Attached: 1533751041729.png (788x699, 47K)

>will defend Avatar as a better movie
I will, because it is. Nobody has any actually criticisms of it other than MUH DANCES WITH WOLVES or MUH FERNGULLY

>Chinks and pajeets begone
Ironic because Endgame made $600M in China, Avatar only $200M. Endgame did way less in European countries though :^)

>Avatar kept making money due to rewatches and word of mouth
>Endgame was front loaded because it's finite fanbase all saw it en masse to find out what happened. Movie wasn't good enough on it's own to warrant rewatches or expand the fan base.

you think with inflation it would have passed it already
what does that say about abatap?

endgame will make 80 more domestic, plus 80 more internationally. it will beat avatar

I don't give a shit about cheering for which company makes billions of dollars like you fags so I have no stake in this, but why do people think inflation doesn't matter? Do you know how money works?

Cope.

because if inflation matters, then endgame has been surpassed many times

if inflation matters so has avatar

That would put it 13 million short of beating Avatar

TICK TOCK

ENDGAME IS COMING

>Arabic
jesus christ

We know, but GWTW was in theaters for like 8 years during WW2. No wonder it made as much as it did.

>being this ignorant
Typical AvaNPC.

>hey kid wanna buy sum abatap

I do like capeshit and I think Avatar is an all around better movie
Endgame is "fun" but it's a mess
plot points are played as jokes diminishing the stakes of the whole thing (lol time travel), it's full of cheesy fan service, and the movie just doesn't stand on its own
It's more like a big tv show season finale than a movie
Avatar is much more focused with its plot and the world is more coherent, amazing attention to detail in all aspects of the production
it's well deserving of the #1 spot simply for pushing the technology forward (which by the way Endgame and Infinity War benefit from, both were made by Weta)
and by the way, the odds are still on the side of not passing Avatar
>pic related

Attached: avatareg.png (589x181, 17K)

>there's no shame in the silver medal
everyone knows that's a lie

Based Cameron will lead the sequels to 4bn
You marvel fags keep doubting the man but just you wait for the eye gasm that the sequels will be

who wrote this? scott mendelson?
last week he was saying "Endgame is now sure to beat Avatar, it's just a matter of when"

Capeshit and CGI trash like Avatar aren't even in the same ballpark as a classic like Dances with Wolves. Avatar was some forgettable nonsense about aliens running around trying to stop big bad space miners; who gives a fuck? Marvel built up to Endgame for a decade and like it or not, they made capeshit mainstream as fuck. It's going to stand the test of time as the pinnacle of the MCU and if it grabs the #1 box office spot, there will be no reason for anyone to remember Avatar. The Avengers have become this generation's Star Wars while Avatar is only remembered by hardcore fanboys. Two dumb movies, but only one I'll actually remember.
>So give me one memorable scene from Avatar
>Pro tip: u can't

Attached: 1558292856429.png (1080x1020, 475K)

I'm not even an avatarfag, but imagine if Avatar got released today.

Avatar was released in 2009, not even smartphones was existed, social networks was in the beginning. You have to consider these factors

>It's going to stand the test of time
nobody even remembers it anymore

US films were also banned in China - based cameron basically hit 4bn

Trips of truth

>You have to watch all the forgotten films to understand Endgame
>Going to stand the test of time

Avatarfags btfo by trips of truth

Attached: 1557105630389.gif (498x498, 1.13M)

Poor bait

>social phenomenon
Even GoT is more popular than this trash though

I will defend Ready Player One as a better movie, of course Avatar is better. Endgame is objectively terrible in almost every possible way

In that case it's WAY more popular than Avatar too.

Sure whatever you say, Endgame is still making less money than Avatar

>Capeshit and CGI trash like Avatar aren't even in the same ballpark as a classic like Dances with Wolves
Dances with Wolves isn't a classic, nobody remembers it today.
>Avatar was some forgettable nonsense about aliens running around trying to stop big bad space miners; who gives a fuck?
Wow, if you're deliberately reductionist about a film's plot, it sounds silly.
>It's going to stand the test of time as the pinnacle of the MCU
The other MCU films that came before are already forgotten. What makes this one any different.
>Two dumb movies, but only one I'll actually remember
Your own shitty memory is no concern of mine. All that butthurt and not a single real argument. Sad
>Samefagging
I already got trips first you fucking retard

And what will it say when Avatar 2 makes less money than Endgame?

It will say Endgame made less money than Avatar 1

>takes 8 months for avatar to make 2 billion
>takes 20 days for Endgame to make 2.6 billion

Don't be too sure about it my son, it'll get there

>people defending avatar, cameron's worst fucking film

Can't wait for for avatar 2 to come out so more of you faggots kill yourselves because you can't fuck an alien horse

>endcringe dropping like a ton of bricks
>avatar had some of the best box office legs ever
Adjusted for inflation there is like a 0% chance endgame beats it right now, sorry nerds

>not a single real argument
>entire response is nothing but weak rebuttals to my arguments
>still can't provide a memorable scene from Avatar
Go sit in the corner until your mom gets here to pick you up.

Attached: tenor (13).gif (388x258, 822K)

>Disneymoms literally don't understand inflation
Maybe twitter is more your speed?

MCU is already forgotten

Endgame isn't even the best Avengers movie

>entire response is nothing but weak rebuttals to my arguments
So "weak" you have no responses to them other than posting a gif of "reddit: The comedian". Nice.
>still can't provide a memorable scene from Avatar
The entire first 5 minutes of the ship arriving at pandora. Incredible scene, matched by nothing in the decade since Avatar released.

Not that user, but the hairfucking was pretty memorable.

That's about it, though.

Avengers 1 has more significance the GameOver, which is not even gonna be the last film so it'll just get lost amid all the marvel shit

Literally 0 people in the general public remember that scene. They can't name 3 characters from Avatar. They probably can't even describe the plot beyond saying "oh yeah, it's Fern Gully but in space."
Literally the only thing anyone knows about Avatar is that the planet is called Pandora, and that's because Disney made a theme park for it.

Why does everyone focus so much on Avatar's box office? Is it because it's the only legacy it has?

>Avatar
Made a lot of money
Had good 3D and CGI
Will get some sequels eventually

>Marvel
Has over 20 successful movies
Highest grossing franchise of all time
Lots of memorable characters
Full of A-list actors and turned several people into A-list actors
Shows no sign of slowing down

How can you even begin to claim that Avatar has more cultural significance?

>matched by nothing in the decade since
OH NO NO NO
>

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 10K)

based and blue pilled

can't wait for the top 5 to be the avatar quintilogy

You consulted with the entirety of the film-watching population across the earth in the time it took between replies? Impressive.

>Endgame did way less in European countries though
So...Muslims don’t like Endgame?

based maga and redpilled dare I say based

Actually yes, I did. And the conclusions were rock solid - no one remembers Avatar.

Inflation adjustment doesn't matter, number of tickets sold does.

gwtw's #1 in inflation-adjusted will never be dethroned because in the 40s America was at war and on fixed exchange rates and rationing. So theoretically the money was worth a shitload in gold and people could only spend it on a limited amount of things - one of them movie tickets.

Avatar only made as much because tickets for 3D IMAX were overpriced back then

how mani

titanic sold far more tickets than gone with the wind if you only count the original runs (and gwtw was in theaters for 4 years when it was first released)
so I don't know why it is ever brought up when it sold so many tickets because it was re released 11 times in the span of 60 years.

Attached: 1557253172921.jpg (780x760, 251K)