This should be the biggest death in current Cinema, and no one is talking about it

This should be the biggest death in current Cinema, and no one is talking about it.
How poorly was it handled?
What would you have done differently?

Attached: Mah Kween.jpg (1920x1080, 611K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EaB4-kZgNoc?t=117
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Cinema

Attached: 1556910175378.jpg (921x640, 100K)

jon stabs dany
she dies
drogon shows up and bites jons head off and then he goes to the cd player and puts on dont fear the reaper

Because no one cared about Dany. The 2016 elections proved that the world doesn't give a shit about feminism and leftists. Dany was their hero and no one gives a shit she's dead. People wanted her gone to piss off the lefties

Everything the same except I'd have Drogon burn Jon to a crisp and put an end to his pointless character. Or have Drogon bite him in half if he's suddenly magically fireproof despite getting burned before.

Based

wrong. so wrong.
manlets are not to be trusted. gloat now while you can, but vengeance will come and it will be swift and merciless.

I'd have Jon bend Dany over the throne to consummate their bond, then present the audience with the most graphic facial in "Cinema" to date while Dany sits on the iron throne taking his load.

Attached: dany.gif (296x352, 1.96M)

Have Jamie Lannister kill her with Oathkeeper

>2016 elections
>the world

Attached: 1558121024425s.jpg (112x112, 2K)

Why would Drogon kill Jon? From the dragon's perspective, his step father found Dany assassinated, and was mourning her death.

>That gut

And that was BEFORE she started getting fatter

Attached: 1555711088007.jpg (1000x722, 264K)

no one is talking about it because literally everyone knew it was gonna happen and knew exactly how it was gonna happen

God i wish that was me

Rhollor rezzes her and Drogon kills Jon.

>The 2016 elections proved that the world doesn't give a shit about feminism and leftists.
Yea Forums is absolutely dead

Not everyone read or believed the leaks. And even considering those who had, they are still talking about other aspects of the show. It's like Dany's death meant nothing at all.

the actual scene where he kills her was the only competent part of the episode. it was fine.

everything from the second afterwards when the dragon comes in and doesn't try to kill jon was full on retarded though

even without the leaks it was ridiculously obvious what was gonna happen. most normies likely just thought Jon would be king tho

They didn't have gyms back in the day man.

>Cinema
I don't think you know what that means

>the actual scene where he kills her was the only competent part of the episode
Fuck no. How does getting stabbed in the heart cause blood to dribble from her mouth and eyes? And she dies in seconds without a word? Look at how she's flopped in OP, and tell me that doesn't look comical.

>drogan burns the iron throne in a big dramatic shit
Oh, the symbolism is a little on the nose. But OK.
>they elect a new king, while system still entact with the exception that the throne won't be inherited but the selectorate for the throne is filled with a single family so essentially everything is exactly the same as it was before.
"daenaris would have wanted it this way"
Fucking... I'm pretty sure she didn't. If she did, why kill her? Why the symbolism of burning the throne? Everything is exactly the same, nothing was improved, no one is better off. They might as well have just done nothing at all.

Pretty sure Drogon's final scene was intended to signal he was a lot more intelligent than he looked.

He knew exactly what happened to Dany, but what's he gonna do? Bbq the last living Targ in retaliation? So instead he took out his grief in the most intelligent way any character on the show ever did.

Did the actor get a boner?

>It's like Dany's death meant nothing at all.
Just goes to show how much people care about season 8. The fact it's been leaked for weeks also made this not very surprising.

Even if we assume Drogon is intelligent. What makes you assume that Drogon gives a shit about Jon being a Targ? Drogon is as fiery as his mother. The living embodiment of fire and blood. Why would he show an ounce of care for Jon?
The only thing that might curve Drogon's rage at Dany's death, is the trust he had in Jon. If Drogon suspected anything, then he would have stopped Jon before he entered the throne room.

There’s literally nothing that you could do to make Danys death have any lasting impact this season. Personally I would have done things differently give the time frame I had to work with. I probably wouldn’t have killed Dany and rather had her love for Jon be the thing that keeps her at bay since dwarf man and no penis man were out of the picture.

I don’t know I ant write TV for shit but I just feel empty. This wasn’t HIMYM bad but fuck it wasn’t great.

Attached: C8FDAA72-5452-4AEC-AA9F-33CA97B73547.png (609x446, 545K)

Probably. It looks like he was told to pretend-fuck, and he didn't understand, so he just started hammering like it was real. Look at his face, he's confused why his dick isn't feeling anything.

her belly hangs lower than her tetas

Her shoulders are higher than her hips, and her back is curved.

>What makes you assume that Drogon gives a shit about Jon being a Targ?

Because Jon is the ONLY other person the dragons let ride them. The show and books pretty much go out of their way to imply that only a Targ (or other Valyrian dragonlord) can ride a dragon. Jon is literally the last dragonrider left in the world. He's the closest thing to family Drogon has left.

If we assume it wasn't just a cheesy attempt at being kino, melting the throne was the most logical thing to do. The iron throne was the source of all the tragedy on the show, from start to finish. Drogon was the only one who finally had the sense to say fuck this shit, no more ruined lives over an ugly hunk of metal.

>The show and books pretty much go out of their way to imply that only a Targ (or other Valyrian dragonlord) can ride a dragon.
The book, yes. The show, no. In the show, Drogon takes on multiple passengers at the suggest of Dany. The only other time we see Jon Rhaegal, is at Dany's suggestion. Drogon likes Jon, because Dany likes Jon.

>If we assume it wasn't just a cheesy attempt at being kino, melting the throne was the most logical thing to do.
If we assumed Drogon cared about the harm the throne caused, then he would have refused to burn innocent citizens of King's landing. He's disobeyed Dany before. If he really cared that much, then he could disobey again. But the fact is, he only cared about what Dany cared about. No matter if it harmed hundreds of thousands.

He raged at the chair, because he knew it killed her in some abstract fashion. He trusted Jon too much to rage at him. And no one else was around to blame. So he had a tantrum at the only thing he could blame in that moment.

>Dany: Rule with me Jon
*Jon teleports behind her*
>Jon: Psshhh nothing personal..
*stabs her in the heart*
>Jon: ..Kid.

Literally what happened.

Attached: hisoka.gif (480x270, 420K)

this is your brain on /pol/

None cares about dragon cunt

Attached: 1420328392827.png (546x700, 308K)

>facial
That's not how you get heirs.

i love her belly

youtu.be/EaB4-kZgNoc?t=117

>Do you still love me Dany?
>Jon,...I will love you until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, until the rivers run dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves
>*stabs*

even something like that would've made it better

>Drogon takes on multiple passengers
wtf show were you watching? No one "rode" a dragon except Dany and Jon. Being carried while Dany is driving isn't "riding" a dragon.

>then he would have refused to burn innocent citizens of King's landing
Drogon doesn't care about random human lives. He cares about Dany and to a much lesser extent Jon and the rest of the Targs. The iron throne destroyed Dany's life, and in a broader sense it destroyed the entire Targ family and line.

>because he knew it killed her in some abstract fashion

Abstract reasoning is the definition of higher intelligence. If he was capable of understanding that an inanimate object he had never seen before "abstractly" killed Dany, chances are he understood a lot more.

You're right
It's better than Cinema

Did Trump write this fucking script?

Attached: 1558043940374.jpg (895x1024, 66K)

Have sex.

everyone knew it would happen, it was rushed and predictable so nobody cared

>wtf show were you watching? No one "rode" a dragon except Dany and Jon. Being carried while Dany is driving isn't "riding" a dragon.
Well if you want to be so pedantic about what "riding" means. That still doesn't change the fact that Jon only rode Rhaegal, because Dany explicitly said he should try it. Jon never road Rhaegal without Dany at least initiating contact between the two. So in other words, we don't even know if Rhaegal would allow Jon to ride on a random day, during a random time. We only saw Rhaegal allow Jon to ride, when it served Dany.

>Drogon doesn't care about random human lives. He cares about Dany
Fair enough. So why would he care to destroy the throne? Earlier you said "Drogon was the only one who finally had the sense to say fuck this shit, no more ruined lives over an ugly hunk of metal."
Why would Drogon care about "MORE" lives? I thought he only cared about Dany and Jon. Are you suggesting he destroyed the throne in order to save Jon? But then abandons Jon immediately, leaving him to the mercy of Dothraki and Unsullied? If he cared about the survival of Targaryens, then you'd think he'd do a better job at protecting Jon. Drogon doesn't even return to check on Jon.

>Abstract reasoning is the definition of higher intelligence.
Barely. Animals will attack lemons, because they think it somehow inflicted them with the sour sensation. He might have understood in a weird way that the throne was the reason someone might want to kill her. But he wouldn't be smart enough to consider Jon the culprit.

fucking based. libcuck sjws literally crying rn

kill yourself meat hole

anyone else think one second before
>and this is where he sticks the knife in
?
it was like watching a romeo and juliet musical for the seventh time

>danytrannies so BTFO they have to start crying about drumpf
when is he getting impeached for russian collusion or taxes or whatever bullshit your corporate news feeds you this week?

>>and this is where he sticks the knife in
I don't think they were trying to surprise you. You can see Jon reach for his dagger. The shot lingers on them kissing, but you can tell by his posture that he's reaching.

Because she was talking so much stupid shit and she turned on a heel to evil that we didn’t care when she died because it was rushed.

literal autism
back to r/incels

>What would you have done differently?
Everyone is upset at the Mad Queen except butthurt Grey Worm, and the savage Dothraki
Jon speaks up against Danny
Danny sentences him to death in front of everyone
Drogon burns Jon to a crisp
Surprise, Jon is immune to fire because Targaryen. Stands up naked in the fire.
The truth comes out, Jon stakes his claim and his lineage
Danny orders the unsullied/dothraki to kill Jon, all the Starks, and everyone else.
Drogon then stands behind Jon.
Dracarys.
Drogon burns all of them to a crisp.
Only Danny left, now with nobody on her side. Demands the throne as she tries to repeat her stupid ass long title. Midway Jon backhands her and says "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" then walks off

Based

>pedantic
It's not pedantic, especially in the context of a fantasy world. That's like saying it's pedantic to argue that the horses Frodo rode were not also ringbearers.

>We only saw Rhaegal allow Jon to ride, when it served Dany.

Of course. No one's going to ride the dragons without Dany's permission. But that has nothing to do with the fact that no one is gonna ride/drive the dragons anyway unless the dragons allow them, and again, both the books and D&D have pretty clearly stated that only Targs get that privilege.

>care about "MORE" lives?
Now you're the one being pedantic and trying to parse my words. Drogon's specific reasoning was likely more along the lines of revenge for damage already done rather than trying to protect others from future damage, but it amounts to the same thing in the end. Drogon identified the iron throne as the root cause of all the suffering that befell not only his mother but her family, and he torched it. He very deliberately refused to vent his rage on Jon, the most obvious target.

>But then abandons Jon immediately

He also didn't keep an eye on Dany every moment of her life. He's not a guard dog. For the most part he apparently didn't give a shit about human affairs, even those of his mother. That's why the throne scene is supposed to be powerful, because he finally lets on that understands to some degree what's happening and he's had enough of it.

>Animals will attack lemons
That's not abstract reasoning. That's conditioned behavior. Abstract reasoning would be to attack apples because they're also a "fruit" that grow in trees.

>t he wouldn't be smart enough to consider Jon
So he's smart enough to understand that a small object in the corner is abstractly the cause of his mother's death, but he's too stupid to consider that the man kneeling over her freshly murdered body might be her killer? Come on.

probably not. His wife is Lisa Bonet. Hard to get a hardon for this porker after that

Go back to Yea Forums, autistic incel.

I would've hired a good actor to play Jon so he could show actual emotion

shes like 50

>both the books and D&D have pretty clearly stated that only Targs get that privilege.
D&D are not trusted sources. And I can't recall the show ever saying dragon riding was definitely a Targ exclusive thing. And even if a character suggested as much, you still have to factor in the unreliable narrator. You can't assume the things characters state are 100% truth. So until their notions are corroborated by evidence, then there is no reason to believe they're true.

>But that has nothing to do with the fact that no one is gonna ride/drive the dragons anyway unless the dragons allow them
Rhaegal just happened to be in earshot, when Jon was given permission to ride. And then again, during the battle of winterfell, Dany is by Jon's side. So it's implied they rode together. We don't ever see Jon instigate a ride without Dany.

>He very deliberately refused to vent his rage on Jon, the most obvious target.
How is Jon obvious? Dany loved Jon. He watched them cuddle and kiss. They were together for a long time. Drogon was accustomed to seeing them together. He has no reason to distrust Jon. Just seconds before we see the throne room scene, Drogon identifies Jon warmly.

I'm sorry, but your entire argument is contingent on the assumption that Drogon is smart. But you have no evidence to back this up. So you're... I don't even know how to explain it. You're like using your assumption to justify itself.

>That's not abstract reasoning. That's conditioned behavior.
Whatever you want to call it. A dog doesn't understand that the lemon isn't the cause of their sour pain. At least not intentionally. In their brains, the lemon is the source of pain, so the lemon needs to be stopped to make the pain stop.
Similarly, Drogon understands that the throne is the object of Dany's desire. Hell, she's been talking about it nonstop since he was born. So he understands that in her pursuit of the throne, she died.

The reason he doesn't attack Jon, is due to the trust they've built over time. So when Drogon arrives, he sees someone he trusts, mourning over his mother. From his limited understanding, Jon is sad, so he couldn't have done it. This is why they emphasize the love Jon has for Dany so much.

Now that I think about it, why was Jon killing Dany treated legally as a "crime" that he had to answer for? She was literally a terrorist invader who murdered innocents and caused the death of the legal ruling Queen (Cersei). And the whole "appease the Unsullied" logic makes no sense either. They're without their leader and the combined forces of Westeros would crush them. Why are people bargaining with actual invaders at the summit instead of just killing Greyworm right then and there and freeing Jon on the spot?

>The 2016 elections
when will jannies put election refugees on the ban list next to pedos?

One word

Attached: 25E3ADEE-7E64-438A-A7F0-13FB0E77E947.jpg (638x317, 33K)

lmao

Cersei's death should have been.
Instead she got some shitty throwaway death scene.

>being this much of an autist

get b8ted lol

How would you have made it better?

>Jon and Dany are next to the throne
>they begin to argue about what to do with the prisoners and Tyrion
>Jon closes in
>Jon stabs her with his dagger
>WE ACTUALLY SEE THE DAGGER PIERCE HER
>He hugs her holding her as her knees grow weak
>He sets her down on the throne
>she bleeds out while sitting on the iron throne
>she begins to wax poetic about how all she ever wanted was the throne
>"I am the dragon, the dragon, and I will be crowned..."
>she dies on the throne as Jon looks on and weeps

>biggest death in current Cinema
Dany was a shit character and she got a death that reflected that

Because it was so expected there really is no reaction to it.

>This shit has 10mil budget per EP
>Manages to look worse than TwD

Fucking how

Drogon sees Jon standing over his dead mom. He then burns Jon alive. His flame gets hotter and hotter, engulfing all of Jons body and eventually the Iron Throne. The Throne melts to nothing, then the fire fades. Jon is left standing naked before Drogon, thus proving his Targaryan blood. Drogon eyes Jon again with rage, then bows his head recognizing the true king, grabs Dany's body, and flies away.

funny how this is THE scene people will remember her for instead of killing her in le grand finale

Dany is sad about what happened but tries justifying her actions
Jon says what she did is wrong
She agrees claims it was the only way
Jon tells her he loves her and cant see her turn this way and that if she wants to kill tyrion/more people she will have to kill him first.
There is a face off with him and drogon and dany crying
She looks away and arya shoots an arrow at her Ollie style, gives Jon a nod.
Jon shocked runs and grabs dany in his arms
She tells him they shoudlve stayed at the waterfall up north.
Jon hugs her and cries. To protect arya jon tells people he killed dany. get banished to wall

In the epilogue dany is revived by fire priestess who asks if shes going to get revenge. She says no, shes going north to be with her love

Someone in another thread already figured it out. The dragon didn't kill Jon because Bran warged into it so he could burn the thrown so that they would have to remake one that is wheelchair accessible.

Makes sense. Also makes you wonder whether Brain warged into Drogon and burned the city knowing that everyone would assume it was Dany cause women are emotional and can't drive.

after jon stabs cersi2.0 he gets on the dragon and burns the unsullied and dothraki to a crisp so they can rebuild a decent kingdom without "their" kind, your welcome

Why doesn't Drogon immediately kill Arya?

I would have used Brans 3 eyed Raven powers to give us full flashback arcs and buy time for George to finish the books

>Tfw no multi episode Roberts Rebellion arc
>Tfw no Summerhall episode

Jon kills Dany more dramatically (idk, this scene was just dull) and then becomes King and we get a happy ending but it's implied that it won't last. Basically we go full circle. Could be foreshadowed by Bran. Same could even be done with Gendry as king, but Bran being king makes no sense.

Alternatively, Jon just not killing Dany would actually be good. Like I'd be way happier with Daenerys just winning the Iron Throne like she wanted but it's implied the wheel isn't broken

You need to stop caring about tiny pawn pieces in a chess game between The Three Eyed Raven and The Night King, who will now be a Queen next time. Lich Queen Dany vs Bran.

The final two episodes should of been a two hour special.

Jon killing Dan more dramatically....shit was dramtic enough.The scene wouldn't fucking end.

It has gone full circle and it always will go full circle. Everyone fights for the thone, but winters always comes. A Game of Throes was created by one of the Three Eyed Ravens because he was bored and wanted an interesting game to happen, like Kings and their life-n-death tournaments. This is the same thing, but on a much grander scale. The more powerful the person is, the higher the stakes.

Danny winning the throne just pretty much goes opposite of her own goals and that is what her character is all about. Sitting in the Iron Throne is not what gives you power, the most powerful characters in the show and book, till now with Bran, have pretty much never had the Throne. Can't break the wheel and still be the cog that'll keep another wheel spinning.

>D&D are not trusted sources.
There's not point arguing with someone who refuses to take the word of the people writing the show. To use your pedantic reasoning, you have *zero* evidence that anyone other than a Targ can ride a dragon. Hand-waving about unreliable narrators and 8-dimensional chess-playing writers isn't evidence.

>We don't ever see Jon instigate a ride without Dany.
You seem to be having trouble grasping that this is logically distinct from whether Jon is able to ride at all because he's a Targ. Being a Targ is a necessary but not sufficient condition. You can't be a dragonrider without it, but it's not sufficient to ride *dany's* dragons. You also need her permission. However, it certainly IS made clear that Jon is driving the dragon independent of Dany. Rhaegal wasn't taking his orders from Dany when Jon was racing him miles away.

>They were together for a long time.
So was Varys and Drogon didn't give two shits about torching him. You're granting Drogon all kinds of insight when it suits your argument, and then lobotomizing him when it doesn't. He's smart enough to understand the significance of a piece of metal, but he's too dumb to understand that the guy who has his dead mother's warm blood on him, and a dagger with his scent on the handle buried in her chest, might be the one who killed her? He can figure out the throne, but not the Jon-smelling dagger in her chest?

>our entire argument is contingent on the assumption that Drogon is smart
No, my entire argument is based on the assumption that the throne scene was intentional and not just an attempt at being kino. Drogon's intelligence follows unavoidably from that assumption.

>But you have no evidence
Literally *all* the evidence cited here has been cited by me. Your response to everything has been varying flavors of "well, just because we didn't see something doesn't mean it it's true" or "you can't trust the people who write the show to know the show's rules".

Attached: BD3F9F15-A97B-4A69-8832-AB36A1D5D513.png (1792x828, 2.44M)

>Can't break the wheel and still be the cog that'll keep another wheel spinning

Yeah that way it would have the irony and melancholy that fits the show's whole theme. But the whole point of Bran "the Broken" being King is that the wheel is now broken, so no, it hasn't gone full circle

Attached: F460A99C-244C-414D-840F-B68C6BD6CF61.jpg (597x418, 44K)

It was her turn

Jon is hardly the last person with Targ blood. The entire Baratheon house is a bastard offshoot of the Targs, and Gendry's great-grandmother was a Targ herself, and there's plenty of people with Valyrian blood in Essos.

Not to mention the dragons never cared about Targs specifically, they bonded with one rider. They murdered Targs all the time during their civil wars.

The dragons were always manifestations of Daenary's will. They kill when she wants them to. Burn when she wants them to. They are in tune to her will. Drogon not killing Jon was basically a way of showing Dany wouldn't have wanted to kill Jon.

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (800x500, 97K)

this was such anti climatic shitty death
i felt nothing and danny was my favorite character

The musical cue when he kills her is so fucking bad.

Good take except when you remember the dragons were killing kids and shit that one time

But Bran has two wheels at all time

dany wanted them too, even if she wouldn't admit it even to herself

>entire Baratheon house
That was only rumored, and besides it was hundreds of years ago. The whole point of the Targ incest is their obsession with keeping their bloodline pure. Jon and Dany are the only known children with a full Targ parent.

>there's plenty of people with Valyrian blood in Essos
I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any living people with the blood of the dragonlord families. The whole point of Valyria was that it was ruled by powerful sorcerer dragonlord families

>dragons never cared about Targs specifically, they bonded with one rider
Except there were plenty of cases of dragons taking multiple riders, starting with Balerion (I'm not autistic enough to go look to see if it only happened when the previous rider was dead). Each rider bonds with a single dragon, but the broader mythology seems to be that the family bloodline is what ultimately ties them to their dragons in the first place.

>They murdered Targs
Yes as you say, in civil wars, when two Targs were ordering their dragons to kill each other. I don't think there are any cases of a dragon simply killing a Targ because they weren't bonded and the dragon felt like it.

jon was a total faggot the whole show. He lays on the touchy feely "goodness" way too much. I'm somewhat of a moralfag and even i thought he was over the top. Danny was almost perfect apart from slaughtering thousands of innocents to inspire fear in that one episode. Could have just accepted the surrender then rounded up the lannister army and had them crucified / burned or whatever if she wanted to inspire fear without kill thousands of children etc. It seems weird she did kill all those innocents because she was always a little touchy feely herself as well, seemed like she wanted to do good, you dont go from genuinely wanting to do good to killing innocent children to prove a point.

Stannis was perfect until dumb and dumber ruined his character and had him kill his daughter.

Culture warriors should be forced to live in a special containment area where they can battle over bathrooms and pop culture without disturbing the adults.