Did it ever get good?

did it ever get good?

Attached: fxs-the-strain_the-strain_feature.jpg (990x600, 104K)

After when?

It got much worse.

It was always good, I liked that they didn't rush or skip over the apocalypse like most zombie stories

>check em

Ever. I gave up on it sometime in season 2 I think.

No, it got worse. It peaked right around when the strigoi were a nightly threat and going out was a 50-50 shot at being killed, but not a full blown panic yet.

These guys look a lot like the "reaper" strain vampires from Blade 2, which was also created by Del Toro.

Is there some connection?

He wrote the books. Which despite having a monumentally retarded plot and end, still made more sense than the show.

I read the first book when it came out in '09 and thought it was pretty good although it read like a screenplay. I didn't watch the series, but when I saw The Master and he looked like a retard I abandoned any intent to watch that series. He looks pathetic. In the book he is creepy as fuck, hard to look at.

Del Toro literally came up with The Strain as a TV treatment, I think prior to Blade 2, but at that time it was seen as unattainable so he converted it to novels.

The show peaked after fet got naked

Did they ever get into the supernatural stuff from the books? Like how the original vampires came from pieces of an angel that went mad with bloodlust and was cut into pieces by other angels?

Gave up when it was revealed the guy made the coffin for him in a concentration camp.

Needed more autopsy scene

It's the definition of watchable. What lets it down is how unlikable some of the characters are and I'm not even talking about the kid, the adult actors who are suppose to carry the show.

No they did not, purely scientific which creates a mess of problems because science doesn’t explain why they can’t cross moving water and shit.

It was ok

Trying to do a "going slowly evil, then redeems himself with a final heroic act" with a ten year old is terrible

This. If you didn't like the first two seasons, you're not going to like the rest

show peak when this guy and his goons were around

Attached: STRAIN_113_00352_hires1.jpg (1000x624, 195K)

I remember being really optimistic about this show and liking aspects of it, but hating the MC. Instead of focusing on the cool old guy slaying vampires and that russian guy they seemed more interested in Auschwitz and the MC arguing about semantics in the middle of the apocalypse
>"Those weren't vampires, vampires aren't real."
>"Yes they drink blood and are basically immortal..."
>"Yes they're weak against sunlight and getting staked..."
>"But they're not vampires, because vampires aren't real."
Unfortunately this seems to have become the standard logic with vampire shows.

It was okay for the first couple seasons but dragged on for too long and turned to complete shit.

sounds like legacy of kain, might have to read

they always seemed to botch every season ending