Paul Thomas Anderson's INFINITE JEST

Oh my God. Kino is back on the menu. 20 episodes of PTA.

Attached: pta dfw.png (996x680, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iGLzWdT7vGc
youtube.com/watch?v=DvlZtlBfCi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kek, this is his Google results page

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-19 paul thomas anderson - Google Search.png (630x184, 116K)

>All kino directors except Woody
What's the problem?

>Nolan
>kino
Pick one.

>Plot
>Various residents of the Boston area reach "rock bottom" with their substance abuse problems, and enter a residential drug and alcohol recovery program
Is Joaquin Phoenix confirmed for a role?

>t. dumb contrarian

The Prestige is good

Let's see who plays Hal and Gately.
Joaquin can play Hal's dad or brother.

can't wait to watch 3 hours of tennis.

>nolan defender calling somebody dumb
The irony.
One good thing doesn't make him a good director.

That's not even remotely the plot

I want to cum, but Infinite Jest would never work on a screen. It's the best book I have ever read, and PTA is one of my favourite directors, but I just can't see this working.

POST YOUR YFW WHEN ALL THE LEGLESS CANADIANS ARE PLAYED BY ADAM SANDLER

there's no way this won't be extremely dumbed down

Hmm, youtube has been recommending me David Foster Wallaces videos lately for some reason. In no way is this relevant to my interests but they kept popping up. Makes you think eh. A perfect marketing campaign, it makes you feel like you "discovered" the work before it was adapted for the screen.

>One of these things is not like the others

How many books have you read, 2?

>It's the best book I have ever read
Read more books.

That was actually written in Wikipedia in the "Plot"
section

>Wikipedia
YIKES

Why Infinity Jest? Why not go the long way and adapt Gravity's Rainbow. We know that's the one he really wants.

Fake

I'm allowed an opinion, I've read plenty of books thanks. I know you're all contrarians who would puke at the idea of calling such an obvious choice your favourite novel, and I'm sure yours are all far more obscure works I've never heard of, but do get over yourselves.

Too difficult. Also he just did a Pynchon. DFW is way more straightforward.

can't wait for the two extra seasons of footnotes

also, for the uninitiated
youtu.be/iGLzWdT7vGc

Attached: DFW_SUFF.png (347x440, 220K)

I could watch this, or I could wank with steel wool. Guess what I'm choosing?

>another thread about a fake article

The plot is a bunch of crippled canadian terrorists want to steal some kino that makes you go insane to destroy america, and their leader is a quadruple agent or something that actually only cares about his wife who was born without a brain or something. It's pants on head retarded but there are "life is really about this" quotes sprinkled around so idiots think it's "deep". Also like 200 pages about tennis matches

Back to r/books faggot.

As if Annie Hall and Match Point aren't pure kino. Also very excited for a new PTA movie

>That interview
What an utter autist. I love this fuckin bandana wearing faggot.

to watch it good choice user

Oh TV show, never mind, the small screen is for brainlets

oh god please don't

Nope. On my way to ER to treat severe damage to my dick. And it was still a better choice than ever coming near anything written by DFW, same as Thoreau.

>It's the best book I have ever read
Amazing that you have only read one book your entire life.

I have never visited that site and I don't intend to. Did some English Lit fresher with that on his shelf fuck your girl or something? You seem genuinely upset that a popular novel is my favourite book. It's pathetic and amusing in equal measure. Unironically have sex and stop thinking you're so special and smart.

>200 pages about tennis matches
Sounds KINO

David Foster Wallace once wrote a piece about David Lynch. In the piece, he coined a new term: "Lynchian". Wallace described a Lynchian tone as "the unbelievably grotesque existing in a kind of union with the unbelievably banal."

He described a husband beating his 1950s housewife to death because she bought the wrong brand of peanut butter. "I told you to buy the JIF," he'd say as he's clobbering her to death. This, he said, would qualify as almost perfectly Lynchian.

I think "I Am Jazz" enters into Lynchian territory. The .webm above shows a simple domestic scene. The women look like average suburban moms. They're relaxing on the couch. One imagines they might be discussing casserole recipes when we cut to them. But it slowly dawns on us that in the living room, with placid expressions on their faces, they're talking about the woman's transvestite son's genitals.

Despite the obvious subtext and the producers' hope to normalize this horror, the average person is totally disgusted. Nevertheless, the viewer is fascinated. We're drawn further into this. The sheer naked horror of what they're saying, the blase quality with which they're saying it, it creates this brutal paradox that almost rapes the viewer's basic sense of what is decent.

Attached: lynchian.webm (1408x788, 2.51M)

>TV show
>Kino
Holy shit you guys ruined this meme to the ground

Very interesting, but why is it that I can't find any source on that article in your screencap?

Did I hurt your feelings faggot?

Attached: D6eg0OaUwAAzho9__02.jpg (540x540, 73K)

I think The Pale King would've made for a better movie. Also since we're on the subject of books, Blood Meridian desperately needs a TV adaptation.

Ironically, I think GR has the better plot for a movie. All that Pavlovian intrigue under the WWII and rocket development setting.

ITS FAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE!!!!!

>no short films anthology of Himself's filmography by the Coen

>he reads for the plot

Attached: 1478923179195.jpg (500x322, 16K)

it is. at one point he starts describing a game he invented based on tennis and he spends like 20 pages explaining the rules

Its just lake humor

FAKE.
30 people have been hoodwinked. LOL

2bh if he wants to do a WW2 novel adaptation I'd rather he just do Slaughterhouse Five.

FAKE FAKE FAKE. DO A SEARCH, REJECTS

I liked the book, but I think it's safe to say that DFW has no clue how the human mind works, it's like if Kubrick had tried to direct a romantic movie.

Fuck you for getting me excited over fake news, OP. You truly are a faggot.

Attached: 369608728.jpg (2400x1602, 400K)

How can people have this opinion.

But there's already a great movie of Slaughterhouse Five.
youtube.com/watch?v=DvlZtlBfCi0

I don't see the point of adapting this, it makes zero sense to adapt
If people think Blood Meridian can't be adapted, then what is this?

i will never understand the concept of a "my favorite book/movie/song", seems like such a close-minded thing to me
maybe i am a brainlet