Thinks death will soon relieve him of his obligation to finish books 6 and 7

>thinks death will soon relieve him of his obligation to finish books 6 and 7
>the god of death lets him live to 100 to spite him
>has to spend 30 more years explaining why he's still not done with the fucking books
>lives to see every last fan turn against him
>and who
>are you

Attached: images (93).jpg (554x554, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/14/18623560/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-winds-of-winter-release-song-of-ice-fire-book-6-7-asoiaf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kino desu senpai

Its alright, brandon sanderson will finish it

The books are already finished, George is bound by a contract and has to wait until the tv version of GoT is finished to publish his book.

Attached: 1532108805703.jpg (320x220, 6K)

Bold

Tfw even Linda and Elio hate him now

>based sanderson finishes both books within a couple years while also releasing another cosmere book and some more YA shit

So why is he not done? My guess is he's just too fat.

Here's how I imagine his day goes:
>Wake up
>Still half in food coma from last night
>Can't be bothered getting up
>Sleep until about noon
>Wake up feeling refreshed
>Go to his writing desk
>Pick up pen
>Tells himself no, I will write. I will write. I will write right now. That's what I'm going to do.
>I will not order food
>Well, maybe just a bit
>$300 dollars later
>I need to finish this food before I start writing
>I need to digest this before I start writing
>I need to stop farting so much from that before I start writing
>Fuck it, I'm sleeping. I write tomorrow

people who say this have absolutely no idea about different styles within fantasy novels
just because brandon sanderson is a good fantasy author does not mean he'd be a good fit for ASOIAF

Gurm said that's bullshit he hasn't even started the last book and is still tangled in Worlds of Warcraft.

[citation needed]

He wrote himself into a corner and doesn’t know how to get out.

Do you think there will be a Lords of Castamere written but from the Stark perspective of revenge? I can imagine GRRM doing. Songs are a big deal in his books.

Attached: topkek.png (322x331, 187K)

Here because you're too fat and retarded to do a Google search

polygon.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/14/18623560/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-winds-of-winter-release-song-of-ice-fire-book-6-7-asoiaf

Explain what you mean. Like a Reins of Castamere type song but about the Starks? Or something else?

Of course he would say that. He's bound by contract dum dum.

Is his books worth checking out of I'm a ASOIAF fan? I know the styles are different but I want more medieval fantasy shit that isn't just a Tolkien rip-off

You do realise Sanderson said he didn't even continue reading after the first book right

I'm inclined to belive that Ser Barristan was telling the truth and he's under some clandestine contract that means he cannot publish the books, nor hint that, he's actually finished them.

The truth is likely that since he has 300 subplots as of the end of book 5, not even an omniscient god could work out where to take the series.

at this point i'd rather he just put out a dunk and egg novella every 2 years until he dies

>he has truly become the Game of Thrones

Attached: 1557549316282.gif (607x609, 821K)

Now that the ending and major beats to his books are finished, what's stopping someone from just finishing the franchise without his approval and making it the informal ending?
I mean, I'm sure if I get started on TWOW now, I can have both it and ADOS done before he is actually finished with the two.

It will be shit tho. He knows what he is doing, kind of at least.

His books are pretty standard fair fantasy, but I dig some of his books. I really liked the first two books of his Stormlight series, but the latest book was pretty shit. Mistborn is pretty hit or miss and I was never a huge fan. As most people already know, he did a pretty good job with ending the WoT series.
If you purely want a medieval fantasy than look elsewhere, but I still really like the Stormlight series even after how bad Oathbringer was.

How is that even possible? He is the one in control of everything, just write them out of it how hard could it be. Anyone here could do it easy if we knew where they needed to be and when

To what? Lie to his fans? If that was the case and he did finish the books he'd just say he can't talk about it. He wouldn't lie that he hasn't started

The books are already finished. D&D prevented him from release them

All he has to do is wait until Christmas and claim he marathoned the book.

He has the books... he is bounded by contract to release them after the end of the tv show to avoid fucking their raitings.

So Winds of Winter at the end of this year?

probably next to keep faces....

Fuck you for reminding me about the rape of TWoT.
I will never not be angry about it.

Attached: 1516726266514.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

Wow, sounds like a true artist proud of the world he's created!

Absolutely not.
His only good book is his first, Elantris, and only because he writes very good suffering. THat's the whole book, though. Just extreme suffering all the way through for no purpose, no ending, no nothing.

I was watching some GRRM interviews on youtube lately, isn't he busy with many other projects and that is the reason why it got delayed ? he speaks of many book / works that is related to ASOIAF but not the main series, I think he even says somewhere that he stopped getting too involved with the show because it's just too much distraction from his main goal.

That's just me, minus the 300$ food.

he will never finish the series in the next 10 years.

he is co-writer and producer on atleast 1 or 2 spinoffs from GoT. his old scifi is getting made into a series. he constatly goes to conventions and does fire and blood, targ history stuff.

basically he does everything but sit down for months on end to write the main books.

Attached: Untitled-4.jpg (1609x1372, 290K)

>>has to spend 30 more years explaining why he's still not done with the fucking books

Attached: in every dimension but the physical I am a diligent writerBRAAAPS.jpg (1050x550, 111K)

Well, what is there really that we're not clear on?
Fake Aegon will get himself killed by Daeny and Connington will go join Cersei with te Golden Company out of spite. Zombie Cat will probably get mixed up with the Hound (who keeps getting entangled with Stark women) and get killed again for good.
Other than those two storylines that really didn't go anywhere (which'd be why Dabid dropped them), there isn't a whole lot of book content that sticks out.

This is disingenuous and you know it. There are dozens of characters all currently doing things that have yet to be resolved, far too many for Georgie it would seem, hence why the books are taking forever.
Unless he prefaces them with an an acknowledgement that he cut loads of pointless subplot (he won't, he's called it his Magnum Opus) , he's going to be stuck with this for a while. His notes will look more like a nuclear mathematics equation than book notes at this point will all the story threads.

you don't have to resolve shit when he kills off half of the characters in a fight/accident/disease whatever.

if this is true i'm gonna lose my mind

Way to cope. he hasn't written a fucking line and you know it.

>using the show as an example of what to do when writing your book

Like a propaganda song but instead for the Lannisters, it becomes about the Stark vengeance. Something for the soldiers to chant as they sack the twins and King's Landing.