Yeah,you push it

>Yeah,you push it
>Yeah,you push it
>Yeah,you push it

Attached: hqdefault-2~2.jpg (236x215, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDDKaXOKo5U
youtube.com/watch?v=2s3iGpDqQpQ
youtu.be/P_CG5fUE3po
youtu.be/SNE8_f6XpJI
youtube.com/watch?v=Pcy4qPWN-uo
youtube.com/watch?v=kIu6e21lOtg
youtu.be/fGT1QRyVYvY
youtube.com/watch?v=P86W7VoXdd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>commit suicide because nobody listens to nu-metal anymore

R.I.P. 1999, you went by too fast

Attached: snapple elements.jpg (640x570, 60K)

cold we're so cold
>we aaaaaaare so

Based Static-X

What is it about nu metal that is so try hard? I can’t put my finger on it, but everything seems so disingenuous (and gay but that is a given obviously)

Snapple? I don’t think so, jabroni.

Attached: 0B7877D9-4EE9-43A0-B8D6-EFFA6FD67A4E.jpg (500x390, 61K)

I think the 3 of us can come together and agree. Fuck Orbitz

Attached: fruitopia.jpg (600x400, 47K)

tryhard personas and subculture to make up for the low effort songwriting and musicianship

Give an example of nu-metal that isn't static-x and maybe I'll answer your question

WAS THAT MY SHOVEL

>doesnt like static-x
smash each of your testicles with a sledgehammer, thanks.

Slipknot, System of a Down, Linkin Park, crazy town, twisted, all the other shitty bands shitting up the radio on my 2 hour commute circa 2003-2008

But what is the essence of it all?

Fuqq those and Sobe were so good. Used to always get one after Karate.

YOUR SHIT'S LIKE CHOCOLATE CAKE AND
YOUR ASS SMELLS LIKE A ROSE

Attached: sniff.jpg (791x452, 313K)

When you needed that quench after bmxing in the burbs

Attached: 0FCDADEE-F6BA-4361-B0FE-98B556928656.jpg (375x500, 175K)

white privilege

Those first 3 bands are undisputed kino though. You have bad taste

I liked System of a Down, I still listen to some of their music from time to time

pretty sure these were all so good as a kid because they were jam packed with more sugar than most things have today, which also gets less appealing the older you get.

I want to fucking break it

The singer sounds like Adam Sandler’s “funny” voice

if 9/11 never happened, campy fun bands would've thrived and there would still be fun high-energy mindless music today.

the fun is all gone

Attached: lz3yjbwfd7t21.jpg (522x750, 40K)

Static X were pretty fun and knowing though

WAKE UP
GRAB A BRUSH AND PUT A LITTLE MAKEUP

>undisputed
>everyone hates them except op and ops boyfriend

System of a down really got more popular after 9/11
I remember the edgelord crowd listening to it while bitching that george bush is literally hitler because reasons

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Who did 9/11?
A) Radical Muslims
B) George Bush
C) Israel
D) KGB
E) Disgruntled American pilots

system of a down was a downer band besides the brush your hair song, not the 90s uplifting spirit.

Do numetal fans realize that to outsiders, only the finest, almost non existent, line exists betwixt them and jugalos?

I saw Static X live in 2003 in Houston, it was a fun show. I miss those days.

technically icp is nu-metal

I don't think anyone cares anymore, it's not like nu-metal crowds are particularly elitist, especially compared to other genres.

Is Lamb of God numetal?
Is limp bizkit numetal?
Is Korn numetal?
Is Mastadon numetal?

yes
yes
yes
yes

Have you guys tried modern nu-metal? It's pretty terrible I love it

youtube.com/watch?v=RDDKaXOKo5U

For me, its Sobe Liz Blizz

soulless

youtube.com/watch?v=2s3iGpDqQpQ
soul

Lamb of God is metalcore, Mastodon is basically prog metal with alt rocky/groove metal stuff thrown in randomly.

What does metalcore mean? Doesn’t fall into any real category like death, thrash, etc?

motherfuckers knocking system of a down can go fuck themselves. Toxicity is a classic through and through. Deftones are also mint

pleb

>Have you guys tried modern nu-metal?
modern nu metal is shit like 21 pilots and imagine dragons

nah, that shit is like modern nickelback or creed

Metalcore is often not actual metal, just modern hardcore with some metal elements sprinkled on top. Though some bands (like Lamb of God or Shadows Fall) are more metal than core.

Attached: thedeftones.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Neither of those are metal at all.

Deftones was always for fat emo girls/guys. I saw a hamplanet awhile back with that skull album cover tattooed on her massive arm

It was muslims but they weren't radical, just following what their book says to do.

It's music made by kids from the midwest who live comfy middle class lives. Of course it's disingenuous.

>CORROSIVE TAINTED BY MY SIN

>I'M SPILLING BLOOD AND I CAN

>HARDLY CONTAIN IT

>CORROSIVE HALLOWING THE HAND

>STIFFENED I EAT AWAY

>EAT

>EAT INTO THE SURFACE

Attached: wayne-static_c0-34-640-407_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 45K)

THIS IS THE ART OF RUINNNNNN

I've been thinking more about bro rock/nu-metal, and the cultural "mood" it accompanied. And i've been thinking about early 2000's infomercials, especially the ones focused on real estate. I think the common thread is "faux emotionalism." Bro rock was emotive ersatz for a really disingenuous age. Especially after 9/11, there was a brief hysterical kill-them-all impulse, but that faded into confusion rather shortly. So we had one strain of very aggressive, metallic bro rock, but it was also polished and produced to the point where it sounded like a Disney song on "hard" mode.

This was an obvious act of fakery, but it was consonant with its era, because the prevailing emotional temper itself was faked. This was directly related to our ersatz economy in the form of the real estate bubble of the early 2000's. American culture was going through the motions, as it were, of things it believed the country was supposed to be doing. Iraq was a "going through the motions" kind of war - the country didn't REALLY want it, but when you've been hit, you're SUPPOSED to hit back, right?

The economy felt shaky and unstable, but the rising markets and other indices informed us that we were SUPPOSED to feel prosperous. Bro rock was a simulation of rock in a very similar way. It's like a paint-by-numbers kind of genre in which the songs held the hand of the listener and directed him very bluntly how to feel during those confusing times.

And it was accepted in that era, since no one seemed to know any better. Overall, the effect was to corral and manage white sentiment - particularly younger white males - into a pro-war, pro-multicultural (hence, all the rap elements) neoliberal-friendly cultural enclosure, which in many ways is still in place.

Attached: 1532404825975[1].jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>I saw a fat girl with a deftones tattoo
>that means all of their fans are fat
sound logic. sound.

"Wayne was born in Muskegon, Michigan, to Richard and Darlene Wells.

He grew up in Shelby, Michigan before moving to Chicago, Illinois and California. He was three years old when he received his first toy guitar. His parents decided at age seven to get him his first real guitar, an S12 beginner model. He was given lessons, which paid off a year later when he won a talent contest playing "Skip to My Lou". He later played in his first band at the age of 12 and decided he wanted to be a musician. In high school, he played in a band for the dances with classmates. He attended Shelby High School and had summer jobs which included working as an asparagus picker and in a cherry canning factory."

I don't know what this cringe shit is, but it seems Yea Forums related, so delete your thread.

>It's music made by kids from the midwest who live comfy middle class lives.
This.
The lyrics are all dark and moody about having a broken soul and a heart full of hatred, but then you look at the type of kids who listen to this music and you begin to read between the lines

>FUCK YOU MOMMMM
>FUCK YOU DADDDDD
>YOURE NEVER GONNA GROUND ME AGAINNNNNN
>TYLERS MOM SAID IT WAS OK FOR ME TO SPEND THE NIGHT OVER THERE WHY WONT YOU LET ME GO YOURE SUCH A BITCHHHHH

Absolutely based drink

You need a better example than Puddle of Mud. They just suck.

you're confusing nu metal with emo shit. the nu metal that I have listened to doesnt contain any of that. And they're all from cali

Fucking. Posers. Get out. Lamb of God is groove metal. For Christ's sake, metalcore just means metal and hardcore. It is a subgenre of metal. A lot of it sucks, but some bands (Converge) are killer. Listen to Integrity you turds

>IDENTITY
>FANTASY
>HERESY
>KILLING ME

Attached: 7688BE19-3FE4-43BF-B870-B7268C4424D9.jpg (864x961, 148K)

no we're not.
there 's no gray area between nu-metal and emo.

Emo was shit like dashboard confessional, just whiny skater faggots crying about their first breakup and how they never ever ever ever thought it could happen

"nu-metal" is tryhard because a big part of the whole nu-metal schtick was about being aggressive when you clearly were not. Nu-metal also had to follow grunge, so they took grunge and made it aggressive. Nu-metal also had a unique "exclusive" vibe where only the cool kids were invited

Aahaha what the fuck is this shit

Anyone else have those ozzfest summer samplers?
Man those were fucking comfy. They reminded me of summer vacation as a kid (since the ozzfest tour was in the summer) and the music was generally pretty upbeat for alt metal.

Attached: R-7282236-1466699253-1493.jpeg.jpg (600x552, 195K)

Idk any relevant midwest nu metal bands. Korn? Cali. Yes, songs about step mommy rape. SOAD? Cali. No mommy or daddy songs. Deftones? Cali. No mom or dad songs that I know of, but then again, I dont like their first 2 albums. Limp Bizkit is florida, and I know they dont have mommy or daddy songs. So I have no idea of these nu metal bands crying about their parents. Linkin park maybe, but they were emo pussies larping

>And they're all from cali
Slipknot, perhaps the most iconic nu-metal bad, is from Iowa. Korn, while all members are from California, are from Bakersfield, which is much like a midwestern town. And by far the majority of people who listen to this music are from middle america and medium sized cities and towns.

>the 90s uplifting spirit
What are you talking about? There were tons of "downer" bands in the 90s, fucking grunge was a response to the 80s.

kino juice and sobe

>Korn is cali
>but-but bakersfield is basically midwest
that level of mental gymnastics. And yea, there were a lot of midwestern fans. Just like there were a lot of nu metal fans in cali and the south

>and I know they dont have mommy or daddy songs. So I have no idea of these nu metal bands crying about their parents.
If you can't even follow the conversation don't bother participating. user never said these songs were literally about mommy and daddy. That is the subtext behind the dark and angry lyrics about -other- subjects. You get one more post before you're written off as a brainlet.

yeah I can see that, just in some of their songs though

I don't know what genre you would call this, but I had this song on repeat in the summer of 2001. Just because the goth girl at Hot Topic shilled it to me and I autistically bought it.

youtu.be/P_CG5fUE3po

Attached: Hot Topic Metal For The Masses.jpg (355x309, 27K)

Holy shit. I can still remember the taste

I think they still have fruitopia around

>tfw the hot 19 year old goth girl that shilled nu-metal on you when you were 15 becomes your wife

Attached: tumblr_nefzg5Mj9r1rvcjd7o10_r1_250.gif (245x184, 234K)

The south is still middle America until you get into Florida. Bakersfield is actually more of a generic mid-sized western city.

>Screaming WE ARE WE AREEEE THE YOUTH OF A NATION as you stomp up the stairs to your room after being ground

Sigh is a Japanese black metal band. Check out Ghastly Funeral Theatre ep by them. Really killer. Check out Grand Belials Key and Mortuary Drape.

King OF EVIL DISCO

>completely disregards the part about Slipknot because it proves him wrong
Disturbed is from Chicago btw

Listen to the whole album, it's a fun time

numetalcore is good.

Attached: a4271972100_10.jpg (1200x1200, 206K)

>being an edgelord atheist as a teenager
>discover the truth of Christ as an adult
>this song I used to hate now has meaning

youtu.be/SNE8_f6XpJI

>Now that I know you
>I can never turn my back away
>Now that I see you
>I BELIEVE NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY

Attached: Jesus The Healer.jpg (488x600, 136K)

>IF YOU'RE 5-5-5 THEN I'M 6-6-6

I can't believe Slipknot hasn't been edgy for 18 fucking years.

Attached: Slipknot-Corey-2-2001.jpg (2160x1440, 1.34M)

>calling people fags and talking about fucking 17 year olds
youtube.com/watch?v=Pcy4qPWN-uo
kino

fantastic armpit holes

Because mostly all of them were talentless fags who were just outshocking each other. It's funny that boomers get pissy over modern rap(which don't get me wrong is also shit) when it's basically the same, fags trying to outshock each other. But for memes now.

>YOU CAN'T SEE CALIFORNIA WITHOUT HOLES UPON YOUR PITS

what did he mean by this?

I remember getting Sobe temporary tatoos with some promo stuff

>Who did 9/11?
>A) Radical Muslims Hijacking Planes
>B) George Bush's administration
>C) Israel
>D) Saudi Arabia
ftfy
The answer is E) ALL OF THE ABOVE

REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH!

Attached: cb6.jpg (746x541, 45K)

Orbitz into your path

..but let's face it. They were all garbage sugar water drinks.

Attached: orbitz.jpg (260x313, 22K)

dude, hed pe is fucking ham. they have a song called crazy legs. it's ridiculous
what was limp bizkit doing to shock people? deftones? soad? linkin park? You're cherry picking. Slipknot and disturbed are easy targets, and faggots. It's like you people didnt actually live through it, and are regurgitating some shitty article written by a bearded guy with glasses

Fuck off witb your oldies music, boomer! We're talking about the modern cool sound of the 1990s.

>Korn
>Good
Have fun in 8th grade this fall.

Punk I was putting Korn clothes on layaway at gadzooks while you were still a gleam in your father's eye

>what was limp bizkit doing to shock people?
Old people were legit offended by this shit.
>I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE
>GIMME SOMETHING TO BREAK

My parented hated SOAD and LP because they heard a few lyrics and figured it's glorifying suicide

>what was limp bizkit doing to shock people?
Existing.
>What is Coal Chamber
>What is Mudvayne
>What is all the faggy political shit RATM would pull on stage like burning flags
>regurgitating some shitty article written by a bearded guy with glasses
Nice projection, retard but the funny thing about it is you don't know shit about your faggy genre.

Remember when parents thought the world was ending because of Marilyn Manson
Remember when somebody started the rumor in school that he got his bottom 2 ribs surgically removed so he could suck his own dick?

i member

Eminem and Marilyn Manson were more shocking. Old people can be offended all they want, but there's nothing offensive about "nookie". I mean, other than Freddy D's sick rhymes. My parents hated all of that shit too but it's not because it was shocking
ratm is not considered numetal. Nobody ever thought coal chamber was shocking. Mudvayne maybe because they dressed like jabronis. you're cherry picking as well, with way less popular bands. Normies dont know shit about coal chamber

>ME + YOU = NIGHTMARE
kino
youtube.com/watch?v=kIu6e21lOtg

I forget why I started hating these just at one point they dropped my favorite flavors and world population made glass bottles impossible.

ohhhhh I get it now
you're jewish
it all makes sense now

good game, you had me going for a while

Attached: that fucking merchant.jpg (360x517, 14K)

Chocolate Starfish is the best numetal album ever
fight me niggers

It's also 19 years old

Agreed with you, but since Yea Forums is leaking throughout this thread anyway so I'll point out that since a critic who many people over there worship, Piero Scaruffi, loved Korn's first record they are now a post-ironically good band.

youtu.be/fGT1QRyVYvY

basically death metal with hardcore style breakdowns

I lost my virginity to the Green Tea

wow metal is turning nigger. amazing. funny how the musicality is disappearing too, and how it's all studio tricks. must be a coincidence.

Music equivalent of wrestling. Not a coincidence there's a lot of overlap in fanbase.

at least Creed had a couple legitamate decent songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=P86W7VoXdd4

They had their day. They should have broken up after Vol3 but they're under contract.

lmao no

nu-metal is still better than anything teens listen to today in any significant numbers so it's got that going for it at least.

a hand full of them and the cover of Higher