Go through multiple seasons of redemption

>go through multiple seasons of redemption.
>run back to a psychotic evil whore who payed to have you killed.

What's wrong with the Lannisters? Even the midget was compulsively loyal to Cersei.

Attached: Jaime.jpg (296x499, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Czef3Bpxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>psychotic evil whore

Unironically kill yourself. I'm sure you've gotten this plenty of times on the internet, and maybe thought of it as just another insult, but this time, please unironically kill yourself.

Bronn: That fucking family...

yikes

Attached: meow.gif (500x416, 3.04M)

>>go through multiple seasons of redemption.
No. It's not a Disney movie.

>Even people who do successfully leave abusive partners do so an average of 7 times before they actually stay gone
>Writers dare to have a character who has committed multiple atrocities go back to a toxic relationship which has defined his life from the moment he was born, even though he'd made progress towards escaping it and improving as a person
B-but muh redemption arc

t. Cersei

>Redemption arc
Shit like this is not the point of GoT.

>Even the midget was compulsively loyal to Cersei.
Best explanation for a lot of that would be that Tyrion was just pretending to be retarded. Was helping his family after a certain point in time.

this is gritty realism
redemption is a meme
people don't change
God is not real
kill or be killed

He loves Cersei. His story was never about redemption, rather the limits of redemption. And I'm sure you won't know this because you haven't read the books but he wants to die with her in the text too.

He and Tyrion knew their sister was crazy and MAD at them and didn't care, they just thought it was funny.

Attached: love.gif (540x380, 1.93M)

>limits of redemption
dafuq does that mean?
if that's the moral of his story, it's a terrible moral and an even shittier story.

his arc was reduced nothing more than a nihilistic shaggy dog tale.

Edgelord here has it right. I don’t get why anyone expects a fairytale ending for jamie lannister of all characters

Arya looks like the hunchback of Notre dame

>muh arc
What is the point of an "arc"?

I think a show is more interesting without "arcs".

Rude, apologize.

Attached: 1557757412547.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

This, real life doesn't have "arcs".

God is real though.

>stories are interesting without character's stories

Attached: you gotta be kidding.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

I'll never apologize for saying the truth. Cersei is the best character of the show and anybody who says otherwise is retarded. Fuck your shit taste.

>but he wants to die with her in the text too.
So when Cersei sends him that message begging him to come to King's Landing and help her, and he completely ignores it, that's because he wants to die with Cersei?

Literally the same philosophy fucking Homestuck spewed, you're retarded

maybe you're not living a real life user

MAYBE the character arc is failure, not every redemption arc ends well

>I think a show is more interesting without "arcs".

I think my house is more interesting without "load bearing walls"

Attached: 1365355665_lil-b.jpg (620x400, 270K)

Coming to terms with failure is different than "no character arc".

>I think my house is more interesting without "load bearing walls"
If the house is a contrived morality tale in a fictional world where you contort cause and effect to create a false lesson that won't work in the real world.

>>stories are interesting without character's stories
I'm supposed to accept that a character, to be interesting, needs to end in a morality tale. I cannot just watch the interactions, and be entertained by the cause and effect.

These are the rules! It is known! It is known!

user, certain truths exist. you gotta nip that PoMo nihilism in the bud.

Attached: Nothing Personal Reddit.jpg (331x333, 37K)

What if we didn’t want a happy ending for him, but we also didn’t want this ending?

To me, I think they had the perfect opportunity to kill him off in a way that would have been powerful in Cersei’s fir of rage at the end of season 7. Hell, they could have killed him off during the Long Night as well. They could have had him die needlessly on the beach against Euron and I think that would have been better.

I don’t know, it just seems to me like after that fight in Season 7 between them that he had closed the book between them, and it seems bizarre that he would go running back without so much as a scene showing him longing for her

Attached: 32E0EC8B-9234-4C1E-AC6C-B4EF0C989D2A.png (1334x750, 2.34M)

That's literally every character. Dany turns mad, Jon fails his way to being king despite everything, etc. None of them can escape their nature and their past.

>user, certain truths exist. you gotta nip that PoMo nihilism in the bud.
They do. One truth is that Ned Stark died because he took on a task for which he was not capable.

Robb Stark died because he underestimated the Freys, and the consequences of his actions.

This has nothing to do with nihilism.

>Certain truths exist.
Yes. They are cause and effect.

>What if we didn’t want a happy ending for him, but we also didn’t want this ending?
Problem with D&D is that they are making the characters commit actions that are utterly defendable, but forcing the viewer to come up with the reasons.

It's utterly defendable for Jaime to run back to Cersei, but we don't get any insight into what that decision was like. Was it a close decision? Was he doomed to make it? Did he make that decision after Sansa's comment? Did he feel let down during sex with Brienne.

This is the problem of D&D. This is what the audience wants. We want something interesting, edifying. We want to see what is the cause and effect, not merely be presented with results and theoretically be capable of justifying them.

>payed

I'm fine with bittersweet endings. I didn't want him riding off into the sunset with Brienne either.

It's just that the arc was clearly aborted; as if some magic spells was cast over him by the writers to do something non-sequitur.

Perhaps with more scenes/episodes, they could've established the angst Jamie felt without Cercei in his life. Rather, they showed how without Cercei, he grew, developed, and transcended his flaws culminating into him knighting (and bedding) Brienne and sacrificing his life for realm against the white walkers. What we got was "POOF I guess I'll jump back 8 seasons."
It had the narrative continuity of a fever dream.

Attached: poochie.gif (399x300, 467K)

brienne was that bad in bed

>Shit like this is not the point of GoT.
It literally is though. Martin has outright stated that his entire purpose with Jaime is too what you can do and still come out redeemed.

The problem is that the Brienne stuff was the fake filler arc but it dragged on for so long that the audience forgot that.

>not the point of got
neither was making the night king a jobber but here we are

Jaime please, you sound like a beta bitch ass

Technically, Brienne was only the second girl that Jamie had sex with.
I'm not kidding, Jamie was monogomous with Cersei (hence why he was so pissed off when he found out she was sleeping with other people in his absence).

>And I'm sure you won't know this because you haven't read the books but he wants to die with her in the text too.
Have you read them? His character in the books outright thinks about what a bitch Cersei is and fantasizes about brutally murdering her.

>Last night he dreamed he’d found her fucking Moon Boy. He’d killed the fool and smashed his sister’s teeth to splinters with his golden hand, just as Gregor Clegane had done to poor Pia.

>implying he will not change it because of the tv show now

>we don't get any insight into what that decision was like

Bro you got literally 8 seasons of insight.
The man refuses to change.
Even facing total annihilation he chooses to be with Cersei rather than anyone else.
That's his character, that's what he's about.

What did you think he was going to do? Nap it off next to Brienne while Cersei burns to death?

Oh hes real but also has to let free will run it's course. Let's see what you do with yours.

It's not the audience's fault though. That's on the writers. You can't lie by omission to them, you can only go by what's on the screen.

it's already different. Jaime is well past loving Cersei in the books now. Granted I don't know why people are so shocked at the show's direction. Show Jaime and Book Jaime have been very different characters for a while now. Show Jaime has the depth of a puddle and his motivation is "muh cersei".

>>Shit like this is not the point of GoT.
>It literally is though. Martin has outright stated that his entire purpose with Jaime is too what you can do and still come out redeemed.
Yes, sort of but "redeemed" doesn't mean an absolute redemption.

>>not the point of got
>neither was making the night king a jobber but here we are
Actually, though they should have spent more time on it, the best of GoT will always be that good guys and bad guys can pop out of nowhere based on pure self-interest.

This is a much more sustainable, interesting, sitaution than "remember that bad guy? In this sequal we're going to say that there was another big bad guy who was even badder. Now good guys assemble!"

It's more interesting because that is real life. What is the point of selling this stupid idea of evil as a force?

To make people stupid. Fine. But I'm not interested in watching it.

>Theon is directly responsible for the deaths of Catelyn and Robb
>saves Sansa from her rapist
>"lol all is forgiven, let's give him a hero's death and have the Three-Eyed Raven call him a good man"
>Jaime threw a ten year old kid out a window
>saves Brienne from getting gang raped
>"lol people never really change let's have Jaime go back to his abusive incest relationship and die by a falling roof"

>he rolled the parchment as tight as one can with one hand
>”No, put this in the fire”
Book Jaime is absolutely done with her shit

Family first. Lord Tywin always wins

Bravo Dabid

In Show Jaime's defense, the catalyst for Book Jaime falling out of love with Cersei was Tyrion telling him that she'd be cucking him the entire time, which he never does int he show.

>Bro you got literally 8 seasons of insight.
I mean, in the moment. If you cannot make that switch interesting, just don't even include it. Replace the stupid fucking fan service filler with scenes that show his decision if it is supposed to be such an important decision.

DESU I don't really give a shit about his "arc", but if people are going to see it as super important it deserves more time.

Literally looked like he fell in love with Brienne but then Sansa said one fucking thing to him and he runs to Cersei. That's possible, of course. That's perhaps the final straw for him. But we're not seeing that decision play out, he's just suddenly going back to Cersei.

Once again, it is utterly defensible, but we're not emotionally involved in the decision. So as what is being treated as a big lesson or arc or whatever it is a waste of screen time. You might as well just write the words "Jaime goes back to cersei" on the screen, because it didn't play out naturally in front of the viewer.

Can a man who cucks married men be a cuck himself?

yes because he thought cersei was loyal to him

This is the type of thing that D&D SHOULD be doing to put us in the minds of people making these decisions.
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Czef3Bpxw

D&D have intentionally chosen not to. And their chosen "style" is utterly uninteresting.

that's a yikes from me, dawg.

stfu you edgy loser

The problem with this bullshit is that it makes no fucking sense. I don't give a shit about being told that he's "addicted" to Cersei. It's bullshit that he'd go running back to her when he now knows that she paid a merc to kill him. She fucking paid someone to kill him, and yet he thinks, "Wow, I should go protect her at all costs!".

It's nonsensical. It's so fucking nonsensical. Addictions are sometimes impossible to break, but not every addiction is unbreakable. It sometimes takes an extremely low point to realize that you need to stop. Sometimes it's a drunk guy waking up and finding out he killed an entire fucking family in a carcrash. Sometimes it's someone who nearly died after accidentally overdosing on Fetanyl. Sometimes it's someone who tries to have sex but can't get it up because he spent all week jerking it to Sasha Grey and Proxy Paige.

For Jaime, the stopping point should've been when his sister tried to fucking have him assassinated.

Book Jaime is an absolutely great dude. He realizes that Cersei is just a thot and that his love was just lust. Show Jaime is a fucking simp weakling that can't even fuck a 10/10 woman without thinking of Cersei. Yes, I know that Brienne isn't a 10/10, but do you really think he wouldn't feel the same with an actual 10/10 like he did with Brienne after sex?

>>Theon is directly responsible for the deaths of Catelyn and Robb
How?

Didn't Tyrion want to fuck Cersei in the books?

There's just something about hateful, wicked women OP. Once you fall for one, it's like an addiction. Show Jamie was just an addict that couldn't break his addiction

>payed
OH NONONONO

Directly is incorrect, but he did indirectly cause their deaths by taking Winterfell and thus causing further disunity in Robb's ranks from the Boltons/Karstarks and making Cat desperate enough to release Jaime once she presumed Bran was dead, which is what made the Karstarks rebel.

I don't think he ever genuinely wants to fuck her. He acknowledges she's hot and makes remarks about her sleeping with one brother but not the other but I don't think he was ever genuine about it, he's always thought she was a bitch.

Book Jamie has no interest in her any more

He fantasizes about raping and killing her. It's not "man I want to fuck Cersei, she's so hot", it's "how can I make her suffer in the worst way possible?".

Show Jaime's whole plotline is incoherent garbage, apart from the first few seasons that follow the books. What redemption? He's been at her side this whole time, he only left at the end of season 7, apparently he's fine with cersei's mass murdering actions that result in tommen's death but lying to jon is crossing the line somehow? The only reason you like him in the show is because of nikolai's portrayal which is faithful in spite of the writing

>Jaime realizes Cersei might die in the upcoming battle
>Knows she is carrying his child and that he still cares about her
>Goes back to save her or just to see her one last time, knowing it will most likely result in his death as well
>Tells Brienne mean things so that she won't come along, literally saving her life
>Somehow this means he's bad again and the entire arc was wasted

Why are normies so retarded?

Attached: 1549449417-JL.jpg (600x450, 35K)

>he wants to die with her
That's because Jaime and Cersei were born together. I forgot how they're twins, not simply just siblings.

>someone actually took the time to type that out