Best villain you've seen in a capeshit movie so far? Take into consideration all aspects: writing, acting, costume...

Best villain you've seen in a capeshit movie so far? Take into consideration all aspects: writing, acting, costume, direction etc.
For me it's pic related.

Attached: dark-knight-rises-bane-deta__01.jpg (487x487, 61K)

doc oc spiderman2

Even Ebert was (correctly) quick to call him one of the great screen villains of all time.

Attached: doc oc.jpg (400x300, 30K)

>The power of the sun... in the palm of my hands

Attached: Doc_ock_586.jpg (300x229, 18K)

Doc Oc, Loki, Thanos

Syndrome. The excellent writing makes you allllmost start rooting for him. From a humble background, this boy genius with a knack for inventing things created technology that changed the world, often miniaturizing it enough to wear. And he did it to show that ordinary humans like you and me could beat superheroes who were born with their power at their own game.

Attached: syndrome_the_incredibles_3.jpg (1170x658, 65K)

Attached: 1480895466964.jpg (732x641, 62K)

Villain maybe so, but spiderman 2 was a very slow boring movie.
Just Peter Parker crying why mary jane won't go out with the pizza boi over a chad astronaut, love how no one ever points that out

Brainlet detected

I have no strings

Attached: age-of-ultron.jpg (1200x680, 144K)

>starts talking
>sounds like a snobby pencil pusher instead of the mountain of a man he's supposed to be

Infinity War Thanos. That will change once Nikolaj Coster-Waldau gets cast as Doom and they make a kino movie about it.

Thanos' motivation makes no sense. His tragedy and the ultimate goal have no bridge between them.

The snobby pencil pusher nonsensical voice is what makes the character even more intimidating imo.
Tough guy personas have never been intimidating, unless it's done through purely physical communication like Jason Voorhees.

His motivation is to create a better universe through balance. He does that by wiping out half of it.

There is no rationalizing a way out of this profoundly scientifically illiterate writing. You just have to accept it for the purpose of the story.

Attached: A.jpg (1024x574, 201K)

>The villain thinks he's right but is wrong!
>no justification!

Imagine being too stupid to comprehend a children's movie

He was a big guy.

Attached: tom hardy bronson.webm (1440x779, 2.57M)

I.e. what I said.

But like... why?

His planet suffered. What's that got to do with the rest of the universe? Why isn't his motivation bringing his planet and half of life on it back? Where does his quest to "save the universe" come from?

Good post

IF I PULLED THAT OFF WOULD YOU DIE?!

Literally what did he do wrong?